• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Y'know, In any other company, Big E, Bo Dallas, Santino, Brodus Clay, Tensai, Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal, Hornswaggle, The Miz, John Cena, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Zack Ryder.....these would be enough joke gimmick characters.

But not the WWE. They're always going the extra mile for us.

B.O. Dallas is NOT a joke, good sir. He is the REAL DEAL HOLYFIELD.

strobogo

Banned
MOST of the WWE roster are joke characters most of the time. The only guy who is serious all the time is Mark Henry. Everyone else does goofy shit or has jokes in their promos.

Is anyone playing Wrestling Revolution on ios? This game is hilarious addictive. The graphics are average, the gameplay is a bit buggy but it's fun as Hell! It's got a pretty good career mode with tons of different match types and about 300 different wrestlers. Most of which are parodies of real wrestlers with whom(who? fuck it, I don't care) they share similar appearance and move sets. The CAW is surprising deep. The best part about the game? Once you get the controls down it plays similar to the aki games of N64 past. It's worth the $4.99!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TbL_5FYI4

SOLD! Loving the camp black outfit guy in the cage.

Kyoufu

MOST of the WWE roster are joke characters most of the time. The only guy who is serious all the time is Mark Henry. Everyone else does goofy shit or has jokes in their promos.

Mark Henry is the best.

edit: OMG AIII'S AVATAR KILL IT WITH FIRE!

That is a particularly creepy picture of AJ.

Waiting for the replay of Girls Night Out 8 to go up so I can re-watch the main event and a couple of the qualifiers. Really enjoyed the show overall, Athena was great, as always, but I think the real winners were Veda Scott, Kimber Lee & Addy Starr - Addy was very impressive in her AIW debut, hope this sees her booked more often in the States, while Veda keeps on improving every time I see her and does so well in front of the vocal (and pretty crass) AIW crowd. Kimber put in a very solid performance, too - she'd be a great fit for SHIMMER. Keep an eye out for all three, as I could see 2013 being a breakout year for any of these great young wrestlers.

Veda Scott;

imZ8bPY165IVy.jpg

Kimber Lee;

ir0AsKDTah3wH.jpg

Addy Starr;

iWcHdoVWPDwKo.jpg

Johnny Curtis can go and is pretty solid. He also gets into his persona quite well, as evidenced in the video. I think it'll be better if they delay his proper debut until after wrestlemania, as I have no idea what he would be doing or feuding with at the moment.

Johnny Curtis can go and is pretty solid. He also gets into his persona quite well, as evidenced in the video. I think it'll be better if they delay his proper debut until after wrestlemania, as I have no idea what he would be doing or feuding with at the moment.

He'll feud with Brodus Clay after his sexy dancing lures away one of the Funkadactyls, so we'll end up with a Brodus & Naomi vs Fandango & Cameron match no one wanted.

slightconfuse said:
Not suprised to find out Drake younger is a veteran of CZW and IWA mid south

Yeah, it becomes super obvious right about the time Drake takes a reckless-ass unprotected chairshot to the skull, or lets himself be driven head-first into the apron/concrete/chairs, etc. I really like Drake, but I wish he'd tone it down just a bit.

Whilst Johnny Curtis seems to be doing a good job with FAN DAN GO, I prefer the creepy love triangle Johnny Curtis from the everlasting NXT redemption. He was so creepy it was almost awkward to watch.

KissVibes

Banned
I watched the FANDANGO interview with Matt Stryker and I'm 100% on board. He's totally striking me as Val Venis in the PG Era.

Man after tearing his patellar tendon at the first DGUSA show during Wreslenania weekend UHaa Nation returned to Japan and won the twin gate titles along with BxB Hulk.

I'm really happy about this one. I was at his DGUSA debut in Indy and the rest of the weekend it was cool to see the buzz get steam. His throws are on point and reminded me of Kurt Angle. He can do the standing ssp and moonsault. He's built like a guy who shouldn't be able to even wrestle well but all he does is surprise you.

I got to talk to him at WM weekend after the injury and he told me the doctors said it would be at least a year. He worked FIP last month and here he is splashing Japan early. It's just really nice to see a hard work equals success scenarios. He's always been a real cool guy and I encourage people to join the Nation.

somedevil

There has been an ongoing discussion within WWE about how John Cena will defeat The Rock at WrestleMania 29 in New York City without upsetting a lot of fans. There's a feeling among some that Cena must get the win this time. It's already expected that Cena will be booed out of the building.

Good luck with that WWE. At least they know he is going to get booed out of the building.

Good luck with that WWE. At least they know he is going to get booed out of the building.

HEEL TURN TIME!

Cena teams up with Heyman / Brock in a wrestlemania 17 style twist.

It sets up Brock vrs Rock at Summerfest and also Once in a Lifetime 3 at next years mania because FUCK YOU!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cena doesn't have to win. Rock can drop the title at Extreme Rules in a Lion's Den match.

Man after tearing his patellar tendon at the first DGUSA show during Wreslenania weekend UHaa Nation returned to Japan and won the twin gate titles along with BxB Hulk.

I'm really happy about this one. I was at his DGUSA debut in Indy and the rest of the weekend it was cool to see the buzz get steam. His throws are on point and reminded me of Kurt Angle. He can do the standing ssp and moonsault. He's built like a guy who shouldn't be able to even wrestle well but all he does is surprise you.

I got to talk to him at WM weekend after the injury and he told me the doctors said it would be at least a year. He worked FIP last month and here he is splashing Japan early. It's just really nice to see a hard work equals success scenarios. He's always been a real cool guy and I encourage people to join the Nation.

Awesome news, really glad for Uhaa, the guy's a beast and it was such a shame he got injured when he did - nice to see it hasn't diminished Dragon Gate's excitement for the guy and to see him earn gold in Japan!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

If they know this is the situation they're biggest guy is in, why don't they do anything about it? They've been trying to work around boos for the longest damn time, without ever considering maybe the Cena they're presenting is the problem.

Cena simply isn't a good performer. It won't matter if he's heel or face, it won't matter if WWE hires the best writer in the universe. He can wrestle a decent match when he feels like it (hardly ever), and he's got a look that gets him over with kids and a bunch of women, and that's all he'll ever have. He's got a poor sense of humor and nothing but phony emotions. The guy is a disaster on the mic 9 times out of 10. If his eyes were a little further apart or closer together or if his jaw was a little bit crooked, he'd never have made it past OVW.

Brinbe

Cena simply isn't a good performer. It won't matter if he's heel or face, it won't matter if WWE hires the best writer in the universe. He can wrestle a decent match when he feels like it (hardly ever), and he's got a look that gets him over with kids and a bunch of women, and that's all he'll ever have. He's got a poor sense of humor and nothing but phony emotions. The guy is a disaster on the mic 9 times out of 10. If his eyes were a little further apart or closer together or if his jaw was a little bit crooked, he'd never have made it past OVW.

Yep, it's that simple.

And looking forward to the booing already. Gonna be worth the price of the ticket alone.

Aiii

So not worth it

Doesn't his match with CM Punk last monday just completely ruin your argument? Amongst others.

Cena has five star matches, and you can't have five star matches with one person alone. That wasn't all Punk.

Man Wrestlemania is going to be hostile as hell. Sorry Vince, but no amount of international/out of state travelers aren't going to drown out the rabid smark fanbase from the area on your biggest show of the year. If they pull some shit similar to the Daniel Bryan situation last year, i expect the ring to fill up with trash easily.

Doesn't his match with CM Punk last monday just completely ruin your argument? Amongst others.

Cena has five star matches, and you can't have five star matches with one person alone. That wasn't all Punk.
I didn't say he was a bad wrestler, I said he was a bad performer. I mean you can count the number of great matches he's had on Raw with one finger, but he is obviously capable of it.

While watching RAW last Monday a commercial for Smackdown on April 30th. which I got tickets for and picked very good seats, A WrestleGAF sign will be shown.

BUT, the commercial may have spoiled WrestleMania
Alberto Del Rio is being advertised as the WHC for that day.

While watching RAW last Monday a commercial for Smackdown on April 30th. which I got tickets for and picked very good seats, A WrestleGAF sign will be shown.

BUT, the commercial may have spoiled WrestleMania
Alberto Del Rio is being advertised as the WHC for that day.
That's why they say card subject to change.

Aiii

So not worth it
Trips really doesn't have the face for the short hair and beard combo. He looks worse than bald Taker.

McNei1y

I'm at a work event and here they have TVs running some HLN network or something. And currently they're re-airing a news segment from earlier today. Sheamus is being interviewed with a military person. I believe he's cutting a promo for and giving a donation to a charity or something.... but he comes out with the WHC belt on his shoulder. Wtf wwe. That's not his! It's Del Rio's! Why couldn't he be the one cutting the promo.

Jamie OD

For those of you who used to watch ROH, remember when Bruno appeared and he punched Larry Sweeney during an angle? Do you think Dolph Ziggler watched that clip, said "challenge accepted" and has been waiting to sell a punch from Bruno ever since?

Top Bottom