• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Ring of Honor's 11th Anniversary kicks off in about 5 minutes!

. ROH World Championship: Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Lethal
. ROH World Tag Team Championship: The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
. Dream Tag Team Match: The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
. 2/3 Falls, Martini is Banned from Ringside: Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
. ROH World TV Championship: Adam Cole (c) vs Matt Taven
. No Hold Barred: Charlie Haas vs BJ Whitmer
. Grudge Match: S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
. Six Man Mayhem: QT Marshall vs ACH vs Silas Young vs Mike Sydal vs Adam Page vs Tadarius Thomas

http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv - $14.95

Probably not going to be able to stay awake for the whole thing after staying up late to watch AIW last night, but hopefully some stuff on the undercard is better than it looks - the 6-man mayhem should be fun at least, as long as QT Marshall doesn't win.

tm24

Pretty much this. Hope Kevin destroys him and we can get done with the idea of Jay Lethal as a main eventer.
His debut at PWG should be interesting. There will be a few assholes who want to boo him, but will probably get some love since he's debuting. We didnt even boo Davey at BOLA

OK, that was a real fun 6-man mayhem match - ACH's Air Jordan dive is nuts. Mike Sydal looked pretty good here, as did Silas Young. Really enjoyed that, felt like an old-school ROH undercard match.

SCUM vs Coleman & Alexander's up next.

tumblr_mj24c1PGOp1qc07pao1_400.jpg

Can someone explain the Jay Lethal hate to me?

He's not a bad wrestler, but I really can't stand his character in ROH at the moment. He's so devoid of anything other than unconvincing anger and I'm just not enjoying it. The booking changes when Cornette left didn't help things I'm sure, but I really don't want him to be the one to beat Steen based on this run.

Crazy brawl between Charlie Haas and BJ Whitmer - Whitmer continues his quest to die a hundred deaths for ROH.

Up next, Forever Hooligans vs American Wolves!

*edit, enjoyed Forever Hooligans vs American Wolves, real fun tag match. Koslov has improved a ton and it's all about Rocky Romero. "FOREVER! FOREVER!!"

Laserfrog said:
OH MAN

Freight looks fierce.

Seriously. Jake Manning said on twitter that the champ has lost some weight, improving his already superior physique.

Also, apparently Dy-no-Mite is pissed off that Freight Train is getting all the attention. I smell a rematch!

Really enjoyable 2/3 falls match between Strong & Elgin, who finally got the singles win that should signal the end of this feud. Other than a couple of slightly blown spots from Elgin, this was pretty great. They started out super quick with Elgin hitting a HUGE backfist, bucklebomb, spinning powerbomb combo to win the first fall, then Roderick managed to come back and hit his release vertical suplex backbreaker for the 2nd fall. The 3rd fall was fun, with some Roderick scoring some big counters and a massive powerbomb off the top, but Elgin hit a HUGE deadlift powerbomb before locking in a crossface to force Roderick to tap!

Adam Cole defends the TV title against Matt Taven next.

His debut at PWG should be interesting. There will be a few assholes who want to boo him, but will probably get some love since he's debuting. We didnt even boo Davey at BOLA

Davey started in PWG so he'll never be boo'd (unless you're a drunk belligerent asshole who was never seen nor heard from again)

Jay Lethal meh

strobogo

Banned
Why does everyone hate Jay Lethal now? What has happened to him in ROH that have made people go from loving him in his first ROH run and TNA to thinking he's the worst dude around ?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why does everyone hate Jay Lethal now? What has happened to him in ROH that have made people go from loving him in his first ROH run and TNA to thinking he's the worst dude around ?

In the first run he was basically Samoa Joe's daniel-san. Then they tried to book him 'serious', and he's awful at ti.

Hey duders.

Looks like ROH is having a $5 DVD sale on 2008-2010 titles and the ROH on HDNet volumes, and I have pretty much zero experience with ROH.

Any recommendations on the best titles to pick up?

Kaladin

It sounds like business may be picking up in ROH. I need to get the replay and see for myself. I want this company to be good again.

Just watched The Wrestler for the first time since I initially saw it in theaters a few years ago.

Mickey Rourke's performance was just terrific.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fTnTP49FW0

Mickey Rourke not winning the best actor Oscar was the only time I've even been genuinely upset about someone losing one of those stupid awards. I never really bought the saying "they were born to play that role" until I saw Rourke in "The Wrestler". Rourke stepped-up to the plate and delivered a performance I didn't think he was capable of and easily one of the best I have ever seen.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm addicted to watching all these WWE documentaries at night before bed.

Just about finished watching "The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling"... which is just a huge pile of sadness because of the Von Erich family.

Edit: Holy shit, I had no idea that Kerry von Erich wreslted with a prosthetic foot.

Edit 2: These last like 20 minutes are fucking depressing. Jesus :(

I can't answer for sure because I didn't see any of that run, but based on what I've seen of Johnny The Bull in WCW, WWE, and TNA, I would say probably not.

I didn't mind it so much in TNA from what I saw. The only thing that was bad was Don West 'IT'S KILLER BACKWARDS!!!!!!'

Top Bottom