• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Omega

Banned
Good luck with that WWE. At least they know he is going to get booed out of the building.
wait so if they know he's hated here how come they've been saying "he's coming home!" I remember people here saying "he's from NY?" after his shit promo and when Cole yelled it after the match

he's from Massachusetts or Connecticut, i forget which but it's definitely not NY. I though they were delusional and thought this was his second home and he was loved.

For those of you who used to watch ROH, remember when Bruno appeared and he punched Larry Sweeney during an angle? Do you think Dolph Ziggler watched that clip, said "challenge accepted" and has been waiting to sell a punch from Bruno ever since?

Yeah, I remember that - Sweeney bumped huge for the punch, if I remember rightly, so Dolph definitely has his work cut out for him.

Now I'm reminded how much I miss Larry Sweeney :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wait so if they know he's hated here how come they've been saying "he's coming home!" I remember people here saying "he's from NY?" after his shit promo and when Cole yelled it after the match

he's from Massachusetts or Connecticut, i forget which but it's definitely not NY. I though they were delusional and thought this was his second home and he was loved.

Boston and I don't ever recall them saying NY was Cena's home. That happened?

Brock won the tournament

He's the new GM

vTooDPj.jpg

"HELLO CHILDREN"

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The wrestlers don't even acknowledge the children. It's all the camera cuts to the crowd.

Brock is a great role model for kids.

He was probably picked on as a kid for the glasses and accent.
He bulked up and became a star 2 in sports on top of having a great NCAA wrestling record.
He's a family man with kids.

He's a better role model than Cena who was cheating on his wife then got divorced.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like how they quietly removed Bo from TV after realising he just wasn't ready. I bet they're pissed off at themselves for not using that Rumble spot for someone like Kruger, Hero or Graves.

McNei1y

I like how they quietly removed Bo from TV after realising he just wasn't ready. I bet they're pissed off at themselves for not using that Rumble spot for someone like Kruger, Hero or Graves.

Maybe he got suspended for that backstage attack on Barrett.

WCW Saturday Night #6 (1 Hour show on F/X)
7,339 @ Binghamton Events Center

Dark Match: Air Raid v Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Air Raid drew with Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo in 6:18 following a double count out. (D+)

Dark Match: Jim Duggan v Scott Steiner
In an extremely short match, Scott Steiner defeated Jim Duggan in 2:40 by submission. (C-)

Dark Match: M.I. Smooth v Diamond Dalls Page
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Diamond Dallas Page defeated M.I. Smooth in 7:32 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter. (D)

--

Show Start

- The show starts with Eric Bischoff in the ring. He says that ever since Don Callis appeared last week and declared himself the owner of WCW, Bischoff has had his lawyers looking over every contract signed over the new deal for WCW. Not a single one proclaims Don Callis as owner of WCW. In fact the majority of them show Eric Bischoff holds the interlectual rights and properity known as WCW! Eric Bischoff is the owner of WCW! He'll take it to the courts if he has to. Bischoff asks for people to believe him. (C-)

WCW Tag Title Match: Natural Born Thrillers v KroniK (c)
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Natural Born Thrillers defeated KroniK in 9:57 when Chuck Palumbo defeated Brian Adams by pinfall after using a foreign object. Natural Born Thrillers win the WCW World Tag Team titles. (D+)

- After the match Natural Born Thrillers put KroniK through tables, and stand above them holding the Tag Titles high. (D+)

- The break is over and Don Callis is standing in the ring, his consultant Kevin Nash is with him. Callis says that Eric Bischoff should be careful about bringing the courts into this, as Callis' team of Lawyers would run rings around Bischoff's. However, Callis is a fair man, and has learned a lot from his Consultant Kevin Nash over the last few weeks. Callis appreciates how much 'you carney folk' enjoy your Kangaroo Courts, and Callis believes it's only fair to keep with tradition - besides there's money in it - and let wrestlers decide. (D+)

- A video plays: "It's me, it's me - it's DDP!" It's Diamond Dallas Page and he's keen to promote his new venture... Diamond Dallas Promotions. It showcases the success story of Johnny Swinger. How he went from a nobody to a somebody with the help of DDPromotions. It shows Swinger winning his match against Buff Bagwell, and DDP requesting a US Title Shot for Swinger. "Are you a nobody? Do you wanna be somebody? DDPromotions." (C)

- Buff Bagwell appears at the entrance way "STOP STOP STOP!". Bagwell goes on to blame DDP for his losing streak. He wants to fight Johnny Swinger again. (D)

Match: Buff Bagwell v Johnny Swinger w/DDP
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Johnny Swinger defeated Buff Bagwell in 9:28 by pinfall with a Swing Thing. (D+)

Match: Jusin Liger v Mike Awesome
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Mike Awesome defeated Jushin Liger in 7:45 by pinfall with an Awesome Bomb. (C)

- Goldberg tells everyone he remembers what Scott Steiner did to him. He remembers the mock funeral. He remembers the spear. He remembers the Jackhammer. Soon Scott Steiner won't be able to forget the feeling of being Speared and Jackhammered. There's one more thing Goldberg remembers... to get to Scott Steiner... you have to go through Rick Steiner first... challenge accepted... (B-)

Match: Rick Steiner v Bill Goldberg
In an extremely short match, Bill Goldberg defeated Rick Steiner in 5:29 by pinfall with The Spear. (C-)

- Goldberg locks Rick Steiner into a Steiner Recliner. Goldberg wants Scott Steiner! (C)

Show End (C-)
TV Rating: 0.25 (0.01 increase from last week)

The show saw the start of Goldberg v Scott Steiner. A long awaited 'rematch' from before WCW closed in March.
Buff Bagwell's contract ends in 20 days. He's been challenged to prove himself worthy of a new one.
KroniK and Natural Born Thrillers continue their feud over the Tag Titles. NBT use of weapons and tables over the last few weeks has grown out of frustration!
WCW have signed several new talent to the roster: Samoa Joe & John Cena have joined from UPW (they have been paired together as the 'No Fear Soldiers').
WCW released: The Sarge and Sid Vicious.
It's believed WCW are currently looking for new road agents. Current Road Agents include: Arn Anderson, Dustin Rhodes, Johnny Ace & Terry Taylor.
Dusty Rhodes has been moved from PPV Commentary to Road Agent.
It's thought that there's something 'missing' when matches are being organised.
The switch to a slightly more 'modern' (aka Indy) feel to the shows has helped gain new fans, but has also lost some fans. It's thought this switch will be better in the long run as WCW turn to a more solid in-ring product.

Who is the owner of WCW - Eric Bischoff or Don Callis?
What does Don Callis mean by a Kangaroo Court? How will the wrestlers decide who owns WCW?
DDPromotions - Who will want to be a somebody?
Goldberg has returned and has Scott Steiner in his sight. Will Steiner Survive?

PAC (AKA whatever his name is now) should have debuted, and elimnated himself with a 450 SSP to the outside...

That makes no sense, but that never stooped them before

I'm sure all the sarcastic praise of Bo Dallas from the IWC caused WWE to withdraw him from current events to show those pesky smarks because they thought everyone was serious.

Carnby

PAC (AKA whatever his name is now) should have debuted, and elimnated himself with a 450 SSP to the outside...

That makes no sense, but that never stooped them before

That actually happened at the 1997 Royal Rumble. One of the luchadors eliminated themselves and didn't understand why the refs wouldn't let him back in the ring.

strobogo

Banned
That actually happened at the 1997 Royal Rumble. One of the luchadors eliminated themselves and didn't understand why the refs wouldn't let him back in the ring.

Wasn't it Mil Mascaras that did that? Macho Man did it once or twice as well. And Kane eliminated himself in 1999.

Sabucin

Speaking of tumblr, I saw this:

The ultimate wrestler:

The agility of Sin Cara
The face of Randy Orton
The Body of Dolph Ziggler
The Strength of Mark Henry
The humor of Santino Marella
The kindness of John Cena

Cena simply isn't a good performer. It won't matter if he's heel or face, it won't matter if WWE hires the best writer in the universe. He can wrestle a decent match when he feels like it (hardly ever), and he's got a look that gets him over with kids and a bunch of women, and that's all he'll ever have. He's got a poor sense of humor and nothing but phony emotions. The guy is a disaster on the mic 9 times out of 10. If his eyes were a little further apart or closer together or if his jaw was a little bit crooked, he'd never have made it past OVW.

I have a theory that we are all suffering from Stockholm syndrome when watching WWE programming. John Cena has been our captor for years and years now. Every time we try to escape his mediocrity and blandness he no sells another DDT on concrete. It is to the point now where we need John Cena. Our viewing world is devoid of purpose without him. We don't want him to go away, just like we never wanted the Coyote to catch Roadrunner, even though sometimes I really really wish it would happen.

We have all fallen for John Cena. We can't escape his grasp on us. The more we fight, the tighter his grip gets. We are in love with our captor and there is nothing we can do about it. Enjoy the ride!

Kaladin

The Rock finished shooting The Hero in Panama this week, looks like the champ will grace us with his presence on Raw finally.

WCW Saturday Night #6 (1 Hour show on F/X)
7,339 @ Binghamton Events Center

Dark Match: Air Raid v Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Air Raid drew with Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo in 6:18 following a double count out. (D+)

Dark Match: Jim Duggan v Scott Steiner
In an extremely short match, Scott Steiner defeated Jim Duggan in 2:40 by submission. (C-)

Dark Match: M.I. Smooth v Diamond Dalls Page
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Diamond Dallas Page defeated M.I. Smooth in 7:32 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter. (D)

--

Show Start

- The show starts with Eric Bischoff in the ring. He says that ever since Don Callis appeared last week and declared himself the owner of WCW, Bischoff has had his lawyers looking over every contract signed over the new deal for WCW. Not a single one proclaims Don Callis as owner of WCW. In fact the majority of them show Eric Bischoff holds the interlectual rights and properity known as WCW! Eric Bischoff is the owner of WCW! He'll take it to the courts if he has to. Bischoff asks for people to believe him. (C-)

WCW Tag Title Match: Natural Born Thrillers v KroniK (c)
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Natural Born Thrillers defeated KroniK in 9:57 when Chuck Palumbo defeated Brian Adams by pinfall after using a foreign object. Natural Born Thrillers win the WCW World Tag Team titles. (D+)

- After the match Natural Born Thrillers put KroniK through tables, and stand above them holding the Tag Titles high. (D+)

- The break is over and Don Callis is standing in the ring, his consultant Kevin Nash is with him. Callis says that Eric Bischoff should be careful about bringing the courts into this, as Callis' team of Lawyers would run rings around Bischoff's. However, Callis is a fair man, and has learned a lot from his Consultant Kevin Nash over the last few weeks. Callis appreciates how much 'you carney folk' enjoy your Kangaroo Courts, and Callis believes it's only fair to keep with tradition - besides there's money in it - and let wrestlers decide. (D+)

- A video plays: "It's me, it's me - it's DDP!" It's Diamond Dallas Page and he's keen to promote his new venture... Diamond Dallas Promotions. It showcases the success story of Johnny Swinger. How he went from a nobody to a somebody with the help of DDPromotions. It shows Swinger winning his match against Buff Bagwell, and DDP requesting a US Title Shot for Swinger. "Are you a nobody? Do you wanna be somebody? DDPromotions." (C)

- Buff Bagwell appears at the entrance way "STOP STOP STOP!". Bagwell goes on to blame DDP for his losing streak. He wants to fight Johnny Swinger again. (D)

Match: Buff Bagwell v Johnny Swinger w/DDP
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Johnny Swinger defeated Buff Bagwell in 9:28 by pinfall with a Swing Thing. (D+)

Match: Jusin Liger v Mike Awesome
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Mike Awesome defeated Jushin Liger in 7:45 by pinfall with an Awesome Bomb. (C)

- Goldberg tells everyone he remembers what Scott Steiner did to him. He remembers the mock funeral. He remembers the spear. He remembers the Jackhammer. Soon Scott Steiner won't be able to forget the feeling of being Speared and Jackhammered. There's one more thing Goldberg remembers... to get to Scott Steiner... you have to go through Rick Steiner first... challenge accepted... (B-)

Match: Rick Steiner v Bill Goldberg
In an extremely short match, Bill Goldberg defeated Rick Steiner in 5:29 by pinfall with The Spear. (C-)

- Goldberg locks Rick Steiner into a Steiner Recliner. Goldberg wants Scott Steiner! (C)

Show End (C-)
TV Rating: 0.25 (0.01 increase from last week)

The show saw the start of Goldberg v Scott Steiner. A long awaited 'rematch' from before WCW closed in March.
Buff Bagwell's contract ends in 20 days. He's been challenged to prove himself worthy of a new one.
KroniK and Natural Born Thrillers continue their feud over the Tag Titles. NBT use of weapons and tables over the last few weeks has grown out of frustration!
WCW have signed several new talent to the roster: Samoa Joe & John Cena have joined from UPW (they have been paired together as the 'No Fear Soldiers').
WCW released: The Sarge and Sid Vicious.
It's believed WCW are currently looking for new road agents. Current Road Agents include: Arn Anderson, Dustin Rhodes, Johnny Ace & Terry Taylor.
Dusty Rhodes has been moved from PPV Commentary to Road Agent.
It's thought that there's something 'missing' when matches are being organised.
The switch to a slightly more 'modern' (aka Indy) feel to the shows has helped gain new fans, but has also lost some fans. It's thought this switch will be better in the long run as WCW turn to a more solid in-ring product.

Who is the owner of WCW - Eric Bischoff or Don Callis?
What does Don Callis mean by a Kangaroo Court? How will the wrestlers decide who owns WCW?
DDPromotions - Who will want to be a somebody?
Goldberg has returned and has Scott Steiner in his sight. Will Steiner Survive?

Are you making these up? I don't get it.

Aiii

So not worth it
- There has been an ongoing discussion within WWE about how John Cena will defeat The Rock at WrestleMania 29 in New York City without upsetting a lot of fans. There's a feeling among some that Cena must get the win this time. It's already expected that Cena will be booed out of the building.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, less then two weeks until the first Impact on the road. I am pretty excited for this, it's gonna make or break TNA as serious competition to WWE. I hope they succeed.

The Raw after WM should be beautiful.
Can't wait for dat IncredibleCenar montage of win.

They'll give us a heart wrenching promo vid before hand showing Cena's abysmal 2012 run.
- When Cena embraced the hate and even his best pal of 2 months Zack Ryder turned on him
- When Cena was lost and forgotten having lost to the Rock because nobody remembers second place.
- When Lesnar returned and the fans celebrated Cena's destruction.
- When Cena actually lost to Lord Tensai
- When Cena lost to Johnny Ace because of unjust outside interference and not because he just wouldn't end the match with his torture lust.
- When Cena failed his MitB cash in
- When Cena couldn't beat Punk on PPV
- When Cena got sort of injured for a few weeks
Bonus 2013 moment: When Cena failed to stop the shield because he didn't think of breaking up the pin right next to him.

The video will have miserable piano music to tug at the Cenation heartstrings and then it segues into a heroic theme showing when Cena overcame all those demons, the haters, the odds themselves and defeated Rock for his umpteenth WWE title, finally the champ is back here!
It will be the greatest comeback in WWE history for John Underdog Cena.

I just want either Punk, Rock or Cena to put over someone else for the title at some point - they're the guys with all the star power, it's fruitless having them go back and forth.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
When did Stevie Richards start doing mobile phone reviews?

Suddenly stumbled on him fumbling around with a Lumia on YT today. Couldn't believe it was him.

Top Bottom