• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Pavaloo

I hate that Matt Striker apologizes to every superstar he interviews. God damn interview segments used to be a wrestler's time to shine, not anymore.

I hate that Matt Striker apologizes to every superstar he interviews. God damn interview segments used to be a wrestler's time to shine, not anymore.

All it is is the interviewer asks a stupid question, and the wrestler either mimics him, or just repeats his initial question 4 times?

Its gross!

I want to be in Mr. Wonderful WM shape.

tm24

Whoa, some random indy got Kyoko Inoue for wrestlemania weekend for a matchup against Mercedes Martinez. Totally random and awesome

Ithil

Waiting for Punk to interupt the new Pope

Pope Asterix the First is ready to address the people of the Vatican, to usher in the new era-

TSSH TSSH

Punk beats him over the head with a large crucifix, and runs off after stealing the Pope's hat.

Best in the WOOOOOOORLD!

also:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/15-superstars-who-shouldve-been-bigger-deals

WWE.com lists out people the WWE underutilized. Odd choice of subject matter for them. There's some blame dodging of course, but the list is pretty solid.

Instead of wielding CM Punk–like influence, the two-time ECW Champion was often seen pushing a shopping cart in WWE’s Hardcore division. Given the opportunity, Raven likely could have commandeered a cult of followers en route to World Titles in other companies outside ECW. What about Raven?

Really did drop the ball, but then so did TNA.

Only really appreciating Mike Awesome now, can't work out why he never became bigger.

I feel like WWE.com barely cares about kayfabe

2013-01-21-spoiler-alert.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really did drop the ball, but then so did TNA.

Only really appreciating Mike Awesome now, can't work out why he never became bigger.

The 'rumor' has always been that Undertaker saw him as a threat to his spot as the agile big guy. Probably not true, but there had to be a big reason one of Hulk Hogan's talented family members(theonlyone) didn't get much in the way of a push.

Whoa, some random indy got Kyoko Inoue for wrestlemania weekend for a matchup against Mercedes Martinez. Totally random and awesome

Wow, that's crazy - pity it's not for SHIMMER, would have loved to see Kyoko live on iPPV. Also, 'IndyGurlz' might just be the worst name for a promotion ever.

strobogo

Banned
Since religion threads are death here, I couldn't go without mentioning how crazy I thought it was that the proof give that this new pope is humble is that he cooks for himself. Maybe, in addition to the whole molesting thing, maybe the church should dial things back to where it isn't strikingly impressively humble when a man lowers himself to the commoner level by cooking his own meals. What kind of medieval times thinking is that? It made me lol at the ridiculousness.

Also, I thought Andre was the worst wrestler ever as a kid, but watching him now even in his nearly immobile state, dude knew how wrestling worked and worked around his extreme limitations. Late 80s, barely walking Andre is actually pretty awesome at working a match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh great, people are just going to try and use this as evidence that AJ has the body of a little boy.

pffheeheehee that makes sense

Man, this Piper/Mr. T match is dogshit.

EDIT:

I forgot about this match coming up soon!

The third match was a World Wrestling Federation (WWF) versus National Football League (NFL) battle royal. It featured 20 men including the WWF wrestlers and NFL superstars; NFL stars included Jimbo Covert, Bill Fralic, Russ Francis, Ernie Holmes, Harvey Martin and William "The Refrigerator" Perry, while WWF stars included André the Giant, Ted Arcidi, Tony Atlas, The Hart Foundation (Bret "Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart), The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair and Jim Brunzell), Hillbilly Jim, The Iron Sheik, King Tonga, Pedro Morales, Bruno Sammartino, Danny Spivey and Big John Studd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot how lanky Hillbilly Jim was, and it's also weird seeing Bret and Anvil in black and blue, not pink.

Heel

I've gotta say, watching Razor learn how to talk to old wrestling friends and hit on rings rats on Twitter is absolutely fascinating.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, watching the Veronica Mars kickstarter... I know the brand name and such are in WWE's ownership, but what if someone were to kickstart WCW Starrcade 2013, you know, sell seats via Kickstarter and raise a million to rent an arena and get the top non-WWE talent on the show along with a couple of old WCW legends like Goldberg, DDP and Nash and put it on (I-)PPV and DVD later.

I bet they could reach that amount easy and have a quite succesful buyrate to boot.

Ithil

So, watching the Veronica Mars kickstarter... I know the brand name and such are in WWE's ownership, but what if someone were to kickstart WCW Starrcade 2013, you know, sell seats via Kickstarter and raise a million to rent an arena and get the top non-WWE talent on the show along with a couple of old WCW legends like Goldberg, DDP and Nash and put it on (I-)PPV and DVD later.

I bet they could reach that amount easy and have a quite succesful buyrate to boot.

Wouldn't really work without the ability to say WCW or Starrcade.

Aiii

So not worth it
It was a hypothetical mates.

Though what if you gave Vince a share of the profit or the video rights? Surely the guy likes free money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Theoretically an ultimate supercard with all sorts of classic talent at different Kickstarter stretch tiers would be what we'd get

And they wouldnt deliver

and tough shit

because that's Kickstarter for you

and that's

wrestling

promoters

Ithil

It was a hypothetical mates.

Though what if you gave Vince a share of the profit or the video rights? Surely the guy likes free money.

Seen Vince's reaction to people getting over and making him money without his say so in the last five years? He only likes money made from his designated sources.

Kaladin

Theoretically an ultimate supercard with all sorts of classic talent at different Kickstarter stretch tiers would be what we'd get

And they wouldnt deliver

and tough shit

because that's Kickstarter for you

and that's

wrestling

promoters

I'd say if you kickstarted a legends wrestling show, you'd be lucky if it was as good as the JCW Legends and Icons show a couple of years ago at the Gathering.

strobogo

Banned
Most of the old WCW talent is so old, completely broken down, or in TNA. It basically is DDP, Goldberg, and Nash. Lance Storm, maybe. All the best mid carders either went to WWE or died.

Kaladin

You know what Vince says when Survivor Series comes around?

"We have to do another damn 4 on 4 tag team match? Can't we just nix the thing this year? Damn those wrestling fans and their nostalgia."

I want them to have a show where there is nothing but midcarders.

Elix Skipper
Kid Romeo
D-Lo
Val Venis
Blackman
Al Snow
Kiwi
Jerry Flynn
Prince Iaukea
Craig Pittman
Bull Buchanan
Natural Born Thrillers