• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

I

BOUGHT

DOUBLE U

SI

DOUBLE U

- Shane McMahon

s72z.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In Flair's DVD he said he wore a shirt because he was in the worst shape of his life. That he just didn't care because of how fucked up WCW was and he was real depressed.

Kaladin

I look at the Invasion angle as the biggest fuck you to wrestling fans Vince has ever delivered.

He not only bought the competition, he turned it to shit, buried it and then proceeded to make his own product into the entertainment PG, kid and ad friendly extravaganza that it is today.....starring John Cena. WWE wouldn't be what it is if it had to compete with a company on it's level in 2013.

There are times when I want to compare the WWE live event experience to going to a Monster Jam event.

strobogo

Banned
I look at the Invasion angle as the biggest fuck you to wrestling fans Vince has ever delivered.

He not only bought the competition, he turned it to shit, buried it and then proceeded to make his own product into the entertainment PG, kid and ad friendly extravaganza that it is today.....starring John Cena. WWE wouldn't be what it is if it had to compete with a company on it's level in 2013.

There are times when I want to compare the WWE live event experience to going to a Monster Jam event.

I can tell you that the WWE live event experience was pretty shitty and I wouldn't recommend anyone ever go to a Raw taping.

Well he had a monopoly on wrestling and he bought out his biggest competition. Can't say I blame him for doing that, although it did make for some...insane decisions.

somedevil

Not including the UK tour, TNA's average live event attendance in January 2013 went down 54% to 550 from the 1200 in January 2012. Impact in January 2012 averaged a 1.15 rating and 1.61 million viewers but in January 2013 it averaged a 1.12 rating with 1.53 million viewers.

Ouch, hope these live taping around the US help there live event attendance because 550 is horrible.

Omega

Banned
when did the Invasion angle happen? I think I stopped watching wrestling in 2002/2003

i don't remember it at all but i'm pretty sure it happened when i was watching because Angle still had hair

Kaladin

Sorry, sometimes I get the urge to make an inside joke for 4 people at the expense of looking like an asshole to hundreds.

My post was also an inside joke....because most of the people who beat up on Dusty were fat rednecks.

Well he had a monopoly on wrestling and he bought out his biggest competition. Can't say I blame him for doing that, although it did make for some...insane decisions.

Competition drives creativity, without it, you can get lazy and set in your ways. Vince has just been lucky to remain on top. It takes decades to build what he has.

strobogo

Banned
when did the Invasion angle happen? I think I stopped watching wrestling in 2002/2003

i don't remember it at all but i'm pretty sure it happened when i was watching because Angle still had hair

It was officially June/July-Survivor Series 2001. That's it. The night after WWF won the final match, Flair debuted.

Posted?

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/276742

The Rock had to miss Raw on Monday, due to having a previous commitment to be overseas in South Korea promoting G.I. Joe: Retaliation. At this time, there are people in the locker room who are not happy that the WWE Champion will be missing 2 of the 4 final RAW shows before WrestleMania. Word is that Rock has done everything in his power to be at as many shows as possible, but there is resentment that a part time wrestler is not only WWE champion, but also taking a top spot on the WrestleMania card.

I wonder if TNA wasn't so shit if some people would be jumping ship.

Kaladin

Has there been a major angle in the past 5-6 years that they didn't totally fuck up at some point?

You might even be able to go back 13 years.

But really the only things I can think of are Ric Flair's retirement and HBK vs Undertaker (the entire multi-year feud).

Yeah, I know Ric Flair botched his own retirement.

IMO WWE-version of ECW is at the same level of "FU fans" shit

Omega

Banned
You think Rock would have agreed to this program without top billing and the Championship run with his own belt redesign?
then don't bring him back?

Vince has turned WWE into the John Cena show. he wouldn't have needed to bring in a movie star if Cena wasn't SSJ4 Gogeta and everyone else was Yamcha

Forgot how much fun Hogan/Andre at Mania III was - amazing atmosphere and Gorilla & Jesse put over the match perfectly. Love the backstage promo from Heenan where he lists all the reasons Hogan can't beat Andre while the camera slowly zooms in on Andre's face. Thanks again for doing the Mania stream Sunflower :)

Link for the new page; http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4f0bb1d0149a2

Mania IV's about to start!
it's ok, cena will win and they can go back to not having a shot ever soon.

UberTag

I can tell you that the WWE live event experience was pretty shitty and I wouldn't recommend anyone ever go to a Raw taping.
WrassleGAF should only attend WWE TV tapings so they can hold up signs to proclaim how much we want to see more of JOHN CENA.

strobogo

Banned
WrassleGAF should only attend WWE TV tapings so they can hold up signs to proclaim how much we want to see more of JOHN CENA.

Honestly, more John Cena probably would have made the show better. Him coming out after the show was the first reaction from the crowd in about an hour and a half.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot how much fun Hogan/Andre at Mania III was - amazing atmosphere and Gorilla & Jesse put over the match perfectly. Love the backstage promo from Heenan where he lists all the reasons Hogan can't beat Andre while the camera slowly zooms in on Andre's face. Thanks again for doing the Mania stream Sunflower :)

Link for the new page; http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4f0bb1d0149a2

Mania IV's about to start!

It really was a lot of fun, drew money for a reason. Really enjoying IV at the moment. Been loving these ridiculously huge physiques.

I also love how often they use horns, too, for the music. Adds to the pageantry.

Laserfrog

I dunno about the name Pope Francis is a bit mundane for me. I was real excited about them choosing a new pope earlier they should do it every month.

strobogo

Banned
It really was a lot of fun, drew money for a reason. Really enjoying IV at the moment. Been loving these ridiculously huge physiques.

I also love how often they use horns, too, for the music. Adds to the pageantry.

It's really easy to forget how massive dudes were back then. Guys built like Mark Henry, Big E, and Ryback were the average. A guy like Cena would be small back then.

They should have turned smack down in WCW thunder during the invasion.

Have them compete against each other

I think that was pretty much the plan, but that terrible Booker vs Buff match on Raw ruined everything. To be fair, it was a terrible booking putting that match laid out the way it was with two guys who hadn't wrestled in months in an area where WCW never ran shows, and then Arn Anderson as a commentator added to the badness. Vince lost all faith in the angle after one match. It's almost like they intentionally booked it to be shitty so the crowd would hate WCW. I believe they wanted to put WCW in the Saturday night block they had, but between that match and TNN not being sold on it, it fizzled out. I think it was a bad idea to make WCW and ECW all heels. It was not unlike the stupidity of turning all of the New Blood heels just because, even when they were popular faces.

strobogo

Banned
Man, why did TNA bring Christian York in? He sucks. Everything he does looks awkwarrd and stilted. Also, his hair is ridiculous. This is the first TNA show I've watched since November I think. Actually, I think I watched the wedding episode. I noticed there were no gifs of Lockdown. I'll try to make some if I see ridiculous stuff. It will be nice to watch a show with out reviewing it step by step. Day by day (day by daaayy).

Also, is there any way to download matches from WWE.Com? Something like Vdownloader or various browser extensions? There are so many good things on there just waiting to be gif'd.

Top Bottom