• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Get depressed, some of these guys we're watching...well, a LOT of them...

woah.jpg

jred2k

I could have beaten up 91 Andre

Yeah its pretty painful to watch him walking around the ring having to use it as a crutch.

It always sucks to watch older sports and stuff like this knowing that the guys who really built companies never made as much as some of the bottom guys now.

lol of course Henry Winkler shows up to WrestleMania in a fucking wool sweater.

strobogo

Banned
Boss Man was only 41 when he died? Man, he looked so much older and broken down at the end of his second WWF run. When he basically turned back into Big Bubba and was paired up with Booker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boss Man wrestled for most of his life, for sure. Pretty nuts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing amount of heat on Slaughter. Masterful work by him.

jmdajr

Warrior_Macho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>Hogan_Slaughter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Would you STOP!" - Gorilla Monsoon, forever. I love it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love Paul Ellering. And I can't skip anything. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why weren't LOD booked for this event? They had some awful decisions in this one.

Dunno, but this interview is a little much for the crowd. They shoulda cut it in half and had a beatdown on screen!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuucking JAKE GODDAMN ROBERTS

DDT to PAUL BEARER

Cagey

Banned
The Masked Man writes again, this time writing about some "unwritten rules" of pro wrestling booking.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-which-laws-determine-winners-wrestlemania-29

The major laws being...

The First Law of Pro Wrestling: Good eventually triumphs over evil (unless outside forces intervene, or the time limit expires, or a judicial authority determines good didn't actually win, or evil is just too popular to depose at some particular moment)

The second law of wresting is Reciprocity: In a series of two matches between equally significant wrestlers, whoever loses the first match will win the second match. (Variation: Moral victory substitutes for actual victory.)

But I found this funny, talking about how reciprocity works with the Lesnar/H's rematch:

Two other lesser laws cancel each other out here. The Law of Persistent Smark Complaint, which states: Triple H, because of his backstage influence, always wins in the end, despite what's best for the company; and the Law of Best Business, which states: Old-timers in general, and Triple H in particular, will lose to a star with greater future moneymaking potential, even if fans would presumably prefer said old-timers to win on the night in question. Of course, the latter may be subsumed by the Law of Dusty Rhodes, which states: Wrestlers with creative control are always blinded by their egos and may not choose to do what's best for the company.

Nebula

During Main Event I got to watch the Cena promo again. It's annoying me how easily it could have been to build this Wrestlemania match. They would have had to have Cena lose a bunch of matches. Have him do segments where he seems depressed or saddened by the mounting losses on his record, then have him build up wins from the rumble, then beat CM Punk, and go on to The Rock. It would have actually had some build and truth to it. However it just isn't like that, and because it isn't, this match has not got me excited for Wrestlemania at all.

Cena should have lost a few for once.

Entropia

No One Remembers
from funny Gaf

That got posted like 2 days ago by Mr. Sandman, who stole it from a buddy's facebook, which also got posted on reddit in /r/squaredcircle (and probably /r/funny), and then posted in the Funny Pics thread on gaf? The circle of life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That got posted like 2 days ago by Mr. Sandman, who stole it from a buddy's facebook, which also got posted on reddit in /r/squaredcircle (and probably /r/funny), and then posted in the Funny Pics thread on gaf? The circle of life.

Circle of life starts and ends with GAF. Sandman's all up in that circulo.

jmdajr

So where is this place?

jred2k

Sandman is the Rodney Dangerfield of WrassleGAF, I tell ya. I just checked Daily Motion and some guy named lolfarts ripped his vid from youtube and uploaded it to dailymotion first. Hes also got almost 200 more views. The nerve!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sandman is the Rodney Dangerfield of WrassleGAF, I tell ya. I just checked Daily Motion and some guy named lolfarts ripped his vid from youtube and uploaded it to dailymotion first. Hes also got almost 200 more views. The nerve!

Blame /wooo

I like you /wooo people, don't get it twisted!

Top Bottom