• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Striker

Why do they suck at booking.
Look at three guys for instance:

Jack Swagger - job for over a year to the likes of Brodus Clay, Santino, Ryder, Kofi, Ryback, etc.; now in the WHC scene after beating nobodies in the span of a few weeks
Del Rio - lose ladder match against Christian for WHC, do nothing with Big Show and Kane, go back to RAW and mess with Cena-Punk and that BS, midcard s'more, only teased another feud with Rey, no stories until he's back as a face

Fandango is a nobody who hasn't had a match and now he'll possibly get a WM match against somebody like Jericho? If they knew how to build they would have him fighting somebody like Ryder if they hadn't, like others, just jobbed him out.

Masked Man is just the worst. THE WORST. The only thing he is good at is making current WWE seem like it has endless subtexts, facets and subtleties. Then I watch a random Raw and wonder what show he's watching, because it ain't the one on my TV. It takes a really smart guy to write articles that are this dumb.

Aiii

So not worth it
SmackDown wrestler Jimmy Uso was arrested Wednesday at 12:47 p.m. in Hillsborough County, Florida, and charged with driving under the influence, according to the official website of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. He did not stay in jail for long as he was released on $500 cash bond that day at 3:08 p.m.

Uso, whose real name is Jonathan Solofa Fatu, was previously arrested on September 29, 2011 in Tampa, Florida on suspicion of driving under the influence. An officer observed Fatu at approximately 3:00 a.m. that day driving the wrong way down a one-way street in a silver Mustang.

This is his second DUI arrest while under WWE contract.

jimmy-uso-mugshot-2.jpg

UberTag

Just do it. He's one of the best talents and one of the only people in the business that loves to put the young talent over. Why are they so dumb.
They're so dumb because a "certified genius" is still at the helm.

vince-mcmahon_photoboxart_160w.jpg

I hope every one of those rumored booking decisions comes true and the card remains disastrously awful on paper and in actuality.

Cena vs. Dwayne
Taker vs. Punk
Del Rio vs. Swags
Trips vs. Brock
Hell No vs. Big E & Zigs
Shield vs. Orton/Sheamus/Big Show
Feed Me More vs. Hall of Pain
Truth vs. Cesaro
Y2J vs. Fandango
Rhodes Scholars & Bellas vs. Dancing Fools & Funkadactyls
Kaitlyn vs. Layla
Barrett anchored so much by the IC title that he doesn't even make the card
Michael Cole & Lawler on commentary chuckling away

What an abomination!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ric Flair, Bobby Heenan and Mr Perfect is a great trio.

They were always able to justify their actions in the most insane ways, it was so good hearing them talk their way out of it.

Where the fuck is my WM anthology Blu-Ray set Vince?!?

Even without the blurs the music changes fuck up the flow. It's funny how WWE has such an amazing production crew, but are HORRIBLE at editing. Dubbed Finkle sounded like he was on the damn moon.

jred2k

Is there a good reason they put Savage/Flair in the middle of the card for VIII? It seems really weird to watch a match for the WWF Championship before the tag titles.

Striker

lol, people believing that Fandango rumor. Sounds like someone in the WWE trolling Meltzer. Also, this card so far is way better than last years card.
It's not so much believing it, it's nobody, namely guys like Jericho, Ziggler, Bryan, Barrett, or others have anything going on. It feels like a total rush job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a good reason they put Savage/Flair in the middle of the card for VIII? It seems really weird to watch a match for the WWF Championship before the tag titles.

No idea, Savage/Flair was phenomenal though.

Striker

Still weird they never booked up a Hogan and Flair feud. Neither guy wanted to do the job to the other, possibly.

This Owen-Skinner match is also a waste of time. How can you showcase his talents by being in a match less than two minutes?

Do you guys remember playing

7.gif

Was this the one with Andre the Giant and stuff?

No it was this game that I spent hundreds of dollars on
Wrestlefest.

gfs_28916_2_7.jpg

jred2k

Hogan is the main event. Much like how Cena is the main event now.

Yeah that part is understandable. The fact that it came before a 1:36 minute match between Owen Hart and Skinner is what baffles me. I guess it makes sense if you consider the card cut into two halves.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Yeah that part is understandable. The fact that it came before a 1:36 minute match between Owen Hart and Skinner is what baffles me. I guess it makes sense if you consider the card cut into two halves.

The first half being the real half. Also, Hogans no selling still upsets me.

Toki767

The finale in this Mania was bad. Crowd went apeshit for the Ultimate Warrior though.

The silly part was how they went about this from a booking standpoint. They made the match Sid vs Hogan but they didn't want to put either one over the other so they came up with a DQ finish. Then they realized they couldn't end WrestleMania on a DQ so that led to them bringing back Ultimate Warrior as a consolation for the crappy finish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania IX was probably my favorite arena and theme. I loved this one. Watched it live as a kid, my first PPV. So magical.

Toki767

That Undertaker/Giant Gonzalez match was really ugly though. Everything else was pretty cool. Besides the end of IX at least.

Still weird they never booked up a Hogan and Flair feud. Neither guy wanted to do the job to the other, possibly.

They ran it on a few house shows, including at MSG. It did well but didn't set the world on fire, and the WWF brass decided it was just a few years too late to draw. WCW proved them wrong in '94, because the feud did great for them.

Toki767

They ran it on a few house shows, including at MSG. It did well but didn't set the world on fire, and the WWF brass decided it was just a few years too late to draw. WCW proved them wrong in '94, because the feud did great for them.

Even funnier is that the Savage/Flair feud in WCW drew even better business since it was a main even program and not second fiddle to Hogan.

Imagine Hulk Hogan AND John Cena in the same promotion at the height of their game. What would happen?! Who'd overcome the odds the mostest?!

Neither Hulk or Cena would ever score the pin-fall on the other man - every match would end with some heels rushing the ring, only to get beat up by the combined powers of Cena & the Hulkster, who would then shake hands and trade poses in the ring to close the show.

Neither Hulk or Cena would ever score the pin-fall on the other man - every match would end with some heels rushing the ring, only to get beat up by the combined powers of Cena & the Hulkster, who would then shake hands and trade poses in the ring to close the show.

Hulk Hogan & John Cena tag team. :|

It's... beautiful. /Vince McMahon

The MEGA MEGA POWERS.

Kaladin

Vince would have truly turned WWE into Monster Jam if he had this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hulkanomics :|

Man, I love that bump where Michaels gets run into the corner and flips over the ropes - Terry Funk also did something a lot similar.

Was Tatanka ever an effective heel? He's kind of the Kofi Kingston of the early 90s.

jred2k

The co-main event would have been Cena and Hogan having a 20 minute duel to determine who can point at the WM sign better.

Top Bottom