• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, the crowd is going nuts for this. :/

Not controversial, but they fought so many times, and were chasing the championship for so many years it would be interesting to hear the stories from that time.

It's probably the cynic in me speaking, but if they did release a DVD like that then it might lead to another Austin/Rock match. And as much as I love the both of them...that story has long since ended.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania X had that horrible JHV of Michael Jackson's Black or White. :|

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of the champ, apparently he wants to be in the next Star Wars movie.

It made up for it in spades though with that ladder match.

You take that lightsaber, shine that sunbitch up real nice and shove it straight up your candy ass Skywalker!

I can see it.

Kaladin

Does The Rock get a world title run every time he has a big summer blockbuster to promote?

Starting with this year's G.I. Joe of course.

Aiii

So not worth it
This reminds me - any idea who's singing "America The Beautiful" this year?

They won't get anyone again and have Lilian do it.

I can do without it really, WWE promotes themselves as a global organisation, I could really do with alot less patriotism. It's kinda off putting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I can do without it really, WWE promotes themselves as a global organisation, I could really do with alot less patriotism. It's kinda off putting.

It's VERY American, they're nowhere near even somewhat global. I say we keep em! And give us some flags!

Ozone

It's in New Jersey New York, so of course they'll play up the patriotism.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owen and Bret don't even have to TRY. They can just do this whole match with their eyes closed.

Made in China!

Also, your automobiles suck!

Our autos have to be dependable and get us to our jobs, which with America's sprawl, is quite lengthy. I mean, it's not like in your country where you just get into a fishing boat to work

I kid..!

strobogo

Banned
There was no Star Spangled Banner at Raw, just for the record. I think they only do that at major events now. I wish they'd cut it out completely, because the SSB is a fucking boring song.

Aiii

So not worth it
Owen and Bret don't even have to TRY. They can just do this whole match with their eyes closed.

Our autos have to be dependable and get us to our jobs, which with America's sprawl, is quite lengthy. I mean, it's not like in your country where you just get into a fishing boat to work

I kid..!

Actually, I live in the only part of NL with actual hills, so the joke's on you! Can't touch this!

RBH

From the Observer:

As of today,
Jericho vs. Fandango
is scheduled for Mania

The company is now having beginning students train with headgear on to lessen potential head injuries until they learn how to correctly take bumps. This change has been credited to Dr. Joseph Maroon and Paul Levesque, who has been given full control over the developmental system.

Regarding Paul Bearer in the WWE Hall of Fame, from talking with one of his longtime good friends, if it was up to him, his wish would be to go in the same year as Undertaker, and not this year, for what it’s worth.

Brian Gewirtz also has been back, but that was expected. He was taken off the staff but kept on with the company.

Most of the Zeb Colter material comes directly from Wayne Keown. He has to get everything approved, but he’s coming up with most of it. Colter and Swagger got a lot more heat at the house shows this past weekend than they had anywhere before.

The Bella Twins (Nicole & Brianna Garcia, 29), signed new deals and returned on Raw on 3/11. This dates back maybe two months. The company felt it was low on women talent and also didn’t feel the women in developmental were ready, so they made offers to bring back The Bellas, Kelly Kelly, 26, and Maryse, 30, who just got engaged to Miz. Those are the names we know of for sure were contacted and are still in play.

Aiii

So not worth it
If Kelly Kelly comes back and gets to wrestle and become champ before AJ does I might just have to quit.

Kaladin

There was no Star Spangled Banner at Raw, just for the record. I think they only do that at major events now. I wish they'd cut it out completely, because the SSB is a fucking boring song.

They did it at the NXT live event I went to. Funny thing was though, there was no flag so no one quite knew where to look.

strobogo

Banned
Dudes wearing head gear is a good call. The problem is, you can't avoid banging your head from time to time. I'm sure there isn't a single wrestler they pay that hasn't had multiple concussions, no matter how great they are at bumping.

Also, how weird is it that Lex Luger is a Wellness Policy Consultant? I mean, of all the dudes to pick, that makes me lol hard. Might as well have Scott Steiner fill that roll.

Top Bottom