• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Ithil

I won't join the stream for WM's 15, 16 or 17 (though I rewatched 17 not that long ago) because I'm on a WWF rewatch of the late 90s for the first time, well, since I first saw all this stuff, and I'd rather see them after seeing the contexts. But From X-8 on I'll jump back in the stream.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So this is what the thread is like when it's in a constant state of watching something? Weirdddddd

Once the first airing is done it'll calm down, just think of it like a weekend marathon.

It's mindblowing how much content is strictly at Wrestlemanias. None of these have the preshows either, which usually would last an hour. A shame, because there's one where JBL creams, just CREAMS Hornswoggle with a trash can. One of my favorite moments.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
dat Linda promo

Once the first airing is done it'll calm down, just think of it like a weekend marathon.

It's mindblowing how much content is strictly at Wrestlemanias. None of these have the preshows either, which usually would last an hour. A shame, because there's one where JBL creams, just CREAMS Hornswoggle with a trash can. One of my favorite moments.

that happened at WM 24

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
King used to post all those raunchy pictures of The Kat on his website and then that photo of her blowing some dude that wasn't King popped up. Good times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I miss you Perry Saturn!

Tuned into Bootaaay's stream, AAW's commentary is so damn bad. SO bad. It makes me...gulp...appreciate Lawler.

For some reason every time I hear the Radicalz theme I always insert the lyrics of "Dean Malenko" into each guitar riff in my head, it just fits so well.

Kaladin

You know, I just thinking something. WWE should go to a five month season instead of running full time year round. This way they can keep their big stars fresh and not wear them out like they tend to. A five month season could be like:

Month1: Build + Money In The Bank/Rotating PPV MITB contract good for 2 seasons to also give the potential for the MITB gimmick to carry into the season without the MITB PPV
Month2: Build + Royal Rumble
Month3: Build + Elimination Chamber
Month4: Mania Build
Month5: Build + Mania + Aftermath

Cut out all the fat from the schedule and allow them to develop new talents in the off time with shows like NXT which could run year-round and also truly develop storylines with a beginning, middle and end.

Holler if you hear me!

tumblr_mjomf5NQba1qa9yvvo1_500.png

They should rename that Big Poppa Park.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I just thinking something. WWE should go to a five month season instead of running full time year round. This way they can keep their big stars fresh and not wear them out like they tend to. A five month season could be like:

Month1: Build + Money In The Bank/Rotating PPV MITB contract good for 2 seasons to also give the potential for the MITB gimmick to carry into the season without the MITB PPV
Month2: Build + Royal Rumble
Month3: Build + Elimination Chamber
Month4: Mania Build
Month5: Build + Mania + Aftermath

Cut out all the fat from the schedule and allow them to develop new talents in the off time with shows like NXT which could run year-round and also truly develop storylines with a beginning, middle and end.

But then they miss out on the money they get year-round by working their core talent to the bone. It's just too risky and doesn't pay off even remotely quickly, and WWE is such a machine that consumes money like no other. They can't go off-season. It's too big!

Holler if you hear me!

They should rename that Big Poppa Park.

This is great. They need to do this.

Penguin

Watching these old Manias.. when was the last time Mania had a major heel/face turn?

Seemed like happened all the time back then

Kaladin

But then they miss out on the money they get year-round by working their core talent to the bone. It's just too risky and doesn't pay off even remotely quickly, and WWE is such a machine that consumes money like no other. They can't go off-season. It's too big!

Off season they can focus on merch and putting their top stars into good movies, instead of shitty movies that take a week to film because they're on such a tight schedule.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Off season they can focus on merch and putting their top stars into good movies, instead of shitty movies that take a week to film because they're on such a tight schedule.

As a man o' business my question would be:

Why would they need time off to focus on merch while that's something that is being done or should be done while the product is currently working?

krae_man

Watching these old Manias.. when was the last time Mania had a major heel/face turn?

Seemed like happened all the time back then

Trish Stratus Wrestlemania XX?

Unless you count the Hart family turning on Vince after he bribed them at Wrestlemania 26.

Kaladin

As a man o' business my question would be:

Why would they need time off to focus on merch while that's something that is being done or should be done while the product is currently working?

Think of the merch possibilities if stars other than The Rock got into major motion pictures.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Bridget stop smoking in front of your children

Kaladin

You know what I took away from finally seeing Chikara live? Gavin Loudspeaker is the true star of that promotion.

Seriously, that guy is 100% showman. He would be a great manager in WWE if he wasn't having fun doing Chikara.

Mr. Sandman said:
You know what I took away from finally seeing Chikara live? Gavin Loudspeaker is the true star of that promotion.

Seriously, that guy is 100% showman. He would be a great manager in WWE if he wasn't having fun doing Chikara.

Yeah, Gavin always seems to really work his ass off to help the show as much as he can - he's always super excited for the product and he's fun on commentary, be it for CHIKARA or one of their ever-growing number of spin-off's (Wrestling is Fun!/Respect/Awesome/Art/Heart, etc).

Top Bottom