• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

W8EKAXl.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Editing 15 year old wrestling shows for violence is crazy. Especially if they're going to leave in hardcore matches with dudes getting blasted in the face with glass jars, jumping from 20 foot ladders, women getting slammed through tables by men. But choking? NEVER! I hope they aren't planning on releasing anymore Taker DVDs since his only move besides a tombstone and clotheslines for the first 4 years was a choke hold.

evil ways

The best heel on Twitter. Fucking love it.

Dutch needs to give a seminar on how to be a heel on social media. Drives me nuts how no one gives a shit these days.

He was hated like hell here in PR back in the 80's. I remember him coming out in a poncho, a cowboy hat and a bullwhip and he tied Carlos Colon to the ropes once and whipped the shit outta him.

Classic Match of the Day:

Naoki Sano vs Masakatsu Funaki - (SWS 04/01/91)

Naoki Sano was already making a big name for himself as the no.2 Jr. in New Japan before he took a big-money offer to go to Tenryu's upstart SWS promotion. He found even greater popularity in the short time SWS was active, becoming the promotion's premier Jr. Heavyweight. Here, he faces Masakatsu Funaki, an ex-New Japan trainee who left to help form the UWF and who, at this point, was already considered one of the top shootstyle wrestlers in Japan. The result is a classic shootstyle match in front of an excited Kobe crowd, as Sano tries his best to overcome the more experienced Funaki.

Penguin

from WrestleMania 2000 main event in the championship match

To a Triple Threat match for the hardcore title?

Has to be one of the bigger drops in Mania history.

Though fun hardcore match

from WrestleMania 2000 main event in the championship match

To a Triple Threat match for the hardcore title?

Has to be one of the bigger drops in Mania history.

Though fun hardcore match

Big Show really fell out of favor with WWE in 2000 because of his weight and lack of motivation. After Backlash, they shoved him and Mark Henry in OVW for the rest of the year. Show came back at the '01 Rumble fatter than ever, despite Jim Ross going on WWF.Com every week saying he was in fantastic shape.

Looks like I won't be getting Mantis vs Kingston at Wrestle Con as this was just announced as the Grand Championship match at the event. I'm not complaining though this is going to be epic.

ForTheTitle_zps9e867890.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Someone stole my card numbers and tried to book a $1000 trip to Miami today. South Beach can suck it. That's not how I roll. My idea of a vacation is going where there are no people and I can wear sweatshirts the whole time.

Bill_Riccio said:
Hells yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Mantis vs Kingston for the Grand Championship please!

I would love to see that, but I can't see Mantis winning as long as Delirious is still intent on making 2013 hell for him & the Envoy.

Incidentally, I see Quack has had to have emergency surgery and will miss the next Wrestling is Fun! & Wrestling is Respect shows.

What happened to Kingston vs Green Ant?

Also, have they said what happened to Kingston that he couldn't be in Orlando?

King beat Green Ant and that seems to have been the end of it.

Also, I think I read something about King injuring his wrist the night before and thinking he'd be able to wrestle in Orlando, but then deciding that it wasn't possible as it got closer to showtime.

WWE re-registered their trademark for Kharma, which they let lapse in January.

Oh, yes please - Kong killing Divas would make for awesome television, might actually generate some interest in the division and potentially make a star of the Diva who eventually beats her*

assuming the stars align, creative can remember how to write a half decent monster heel storyline, Vince lets the women wrestle for more than a minute, etc

I missed WM2000 on the stream, which was the first wwe video I ever bought

Besides the angle match, they also cut the Kat showing boob?

The original was rated TV 14 and even had the N for nudity warning

Kaladin

King beat Green Ant and that seems to have been the end of it.

Also, I think I read something about King injuring his wrist the night before and thinking he'd be able to wrestle in Orlando, but then deciding that it wasn't possible as it got closer to showtime.

When did Kingston beat Green Ant?

Also, I'd kinda believe it if he got injured in the match vs Kong. A friend of mine who went to both shows that weekend said it was the weakest match on the card.

Top Bottom