• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Anth0ny

Oh god, this looks so bad.

Jesus CHRIST

I can't do this anymore, I quit

dry-heave-o.gif

I'm in tears.

Fucking internet.

strobogo

Banned
This Bret/HBK in ring interview is interesting. The pop for Bret is decidedly deeper than Shawn's and King is pushing really hard that he thought only girls like HBK, but all the guys are cheering for him, too. They weren't. It was definitely women and children cheering for HBK and men cheering for Bret.

Also, Goldust called in and read a poem that ended in asking when he could play Piper's bag pipe.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wah sorry I'll restart it at XX. I don't know why Veetle shits the bed. My network connectivity has been fine elsewhere, no DCs...no nothing.

KissVibes

Banned
Did someone write John Cena's rhymes? Because I don't get how he was able to spit such fire when his promos fucking suck these days.

And seriously, it's crazy how people are all for Cena here. Can you imagine if they booked him fairly and didn't constantly put him above nearly everyone all the time? He could still be super beloved. I also forgot that Cena wore Kevin Smith short-pants.

strobogo

Banned
Everyone turned on Cena when he dropped the raps and started being both Hogan and Austin lite. Bringing him to Raw only to have him immediately start a feud with Bischoff was a terrible idea. Putting him against Kurt Angle during a bad ass streak while he started being all about respect was a worse idea.

As soon as he won the title, they changed everything that made people like him in the first place. You can't go from counter-culture underground rebel to 80s babyface over night. And even then, his gimmick didn't even make sense since he was both anti-authority with Bischoff and Mr. Honorable and Respect at the same time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Edge is the only good feud Cena ever had.
Ever. This Punk vs Cena feud isn't near as good as WWE tries to act like it is

RVD vs Cena was one of the most important matches of the 'John Cena era'. It wasn't even that good but just the hwole crowd 100% hating it, Cena wins and we riot, the anger you could feel when it looked like Cena was going to win, 'Thank you Edge' chants. Probably one of my favorite PPVs ever. Not to mention Kurt being one of the few WWE guys to get cheered. Foley playing heel. Mysterio vs Sabu was pretty good despite the botches, and it was cool seeing Rey wear his old gear.

and of course
edgepinidjea.gif

Bummed I didn't get to meet Mechashiva tonight at SRPW. Had brought a few pals, who wanted to leave at intermission (wrestling ain't their thing) and since I was driving, had to take em back. Super bummed about that :(

And I was right after intermission! I was going to post a "Sun big leagued me post". Seriously I came out all fired up to yell at the big dude trying to cut and maybe offer him bread but he was nowhere to be found :(

Your friend is fun and we bonded over Saints Row. Till next time I guess.

Meltzer is reporting that Vince McMahon contacted Dana White in 2010 and told him he wanted to fight him at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta. When White declined, Vince said he'd be willing to do it on a UFC pay-per-view. White also declined.

White confirmed the story, saying he had never told anybody and Vince was likely going to be furious when he found out he was talking about it. White said he turned it down because, "Vince is too old to be fighting any one."

Meltzer is reporting that Vince McMahon contacted Dana White in 2010 and told him he wanted to fight him at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta. When White declined, Vince said he'd be willing to do it on a UFC pay-per-view. White also declined.

White confirmed the story, saying he had never told anybody and Vince was likely going to be furious when he found out he was talking about it. White said he turned it down because, "Vince is too old to be fighting any one."

That's a lose/lose for Dana. Win and all you did was beat-up an old man, lose and you are a joke who got your ass beat by an old wrestling promoter.

Toki767

I'd argue this happened before the buy out and that Kidman actually was pushed better in WWE than he was in the last 8-10 months of WCW.

All I remember from the invasion is that Kidman and RVD were the only two people from WCW/ECW that people actually cheered.

WrestleMania 20 main event is on now. I believe this was the first triple threat match to end in a submission.

strobogo

Banned
Well, to go from next top babyface to the awful Hogan feud to the even worse Shane Douglas feud where he was worse than current day WWE faces, and ending back up in the Filthy Animals with no storyline other than "cruiserweight who faces cruiserweights" in the course of a year is pretty brutal.

At least in WWE he was always "cruiserweight who faces cruiserweights and Rey's best friend" instead of getting jerked all around the card and bussed back down as a nobody after he was made to look terrible from top guys. His WWE heel turn was better, too.

How is it that ROH's Mania weekend show (at the Hammerstein Ballroom, no less) has completely sold out with no card revealed, yet DGUSA still have front row tickets available for theirs with all the big matches announced?

I'm not sure what DGUSA's problem is, but I despise the shitty, low-rent buildings they run and the fact that, even then, they can't pack them out - lack of a decent crowd is probably the biggest thing wrong with both DGUSA & EVOLVE and it's a real detriment to the quality of the shows, imo.

Anyways, just bought iPPV access for the EVOLVE, SHIMMER & DGUSA shows - remember, the prices rise on the day of the event, so buy in advance! EVOLVE & DGUSA rise from $9.99 to $14.99 and SHIMMER goes from $14.99 to $19.99.

Also grabbed iPPV access for the NJPW & SHINE iPPVs next Saturday! Looking forward to those, should be a great day of wrestling!

Striker

Everyone says Booker got screwed by Goldberg coming in, but Goldberg didn't win the title until September. He wasn't even in the WHC scene at all after that. He got dumped right into the IC level and had that terrible feud with Christian. Then he got hurt and was pretty much a non-factor until he went to Smackdown and even then it was only at the US level.

Dude just got straight jobbed and thrown away for no reason I can see besides being a WCW guy. Even Goldberg didn't have enough power to match HHH's shovel during that period.
That Booker T/HHH thing was so awful. One of the worst main events in that time for sure. I can't recall them ever letting Booker look strong or at least the WWE allowing the audience to think, "Hey, I think Book has a chance!". Not against GOD.

-

Oh, hey, Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels.

Watching the Lawler vs Funk empty arena match - love how deranged Terry is as he's shrieking at Lance Russell to "ask him! ASK HIM!", trying to get Lawler to quit. Then, after Lawler stabs Terry with his own spike, Funk sells so well you almost believe he's just had his eyeball stabbed. "I CAN'T SEE! My eye...my EYE! Where's Lawler, Lance? Where's that chickenshit, yellow-belly? LAWLER!! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, LAWLER!!"

Terry Funk promos > everyone else's promos.

Top Bottom