• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Soup Bar

I hope Mania works out in Jersey so they think about coming back to Chicago. I don't think they'll go unless it's like 60,000 people attending or so.

Soup Bar

An outdoor arena.

How is the weather around this time of year in Chicago though for outdoor activities? It's still gotta be below like 40, right?

Like shit. I've seen baseball games in early April get snowed out. United Center could hold 22,000 but they haven't been there since the arena first opened.

Ithil

I've never seen so many old timers put over the same young guy so clean and yet to the absolute horror of the fans. Next WM is even worse with HBK.

Carnby

How the hell did they always make these in time for the end of the show?

I can tell you actually. I worked with a guy who had previously worked at WWE. This is how he described the process:

A group of editors would sit in a room, back in Stanford CT, and watch the PPV. Each editor was assigned a match. When a match ended the assigned editor would leave the room and work on their part. Eventually all of the work was pieced together and aired.

This part I can not confirm: Keep in mind there are video programs/devices used for recalling live video instantly. Its the same technology used for instant replays. I am assuming that is how they would get the main event material edited so quickly.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They probably have most of it done by the time the main event starts now I actually think about it.

For sure, the part that's astounding is getting the main event footage in there.

I can tell you actually. I worked with a guy who had previously worked at WWE. This is how he described the process:

A group of editors would sit in a room, back in Stanford CT, and watch the PPV. Each editor was assigned a match. When a match ended the assigned editor would leave the room and work on their part. Eventually all of the work was pieced together and aired.

This part I can not confirm: Keep in mind there are video programs/devices used for recalling video instantly. Its the same technology used for instant replays. I am assuming that is how they would get the main event material edited so quickly.

Cool, thanks!

strobogo

Banned
svho.gif

svi2.gif

svic.gif

The build up for WM 12 wasn't very good. There are two shows left to hype it up. HBK vs Bret didn't start building until after the February IYH and it was immediately made an Iron Man Match with zero build up or reasoning for it. Taker vs Diesel had been building since the Rumble when Diesel interfered in the title match and cost Taker a win. This has easily been the most built up match with the most angles and story put into it.

Warrior has been hyped as coming back for like 2 months. Piper on a phone call says you'll never believe who he has picked for Warrior's opponent. Then on Raw during a squash match, Vince and King talk about HHH being the opponent. No build up, no reasoning, no angle at all. Similarly, Piper vs Goldust seems to have come out of nowhere with Goldy just switching his feud with Razor to Piper with no warning. Hall was suspended for drug usage and they just slipped Piper into that spot.

Savio and Austin had a match on Raw 2 weeks before WM which ended in a double count out, so I guess that makes sense to have a match at the biggest show of the year over. Vader vs Yoko had been building since the Rumble, but Vader was suspended and it hasn't been mentioned anywhere that Piper lifted it. And it wouldn't be a singles match anyway. Why Jake and Ahmed were helping Yoko all of the sudden didn't make a ton of sense, either.

Penguin

One of these guys is going to WrestleMania to lose to the Undertaker... the other is a background player to a TNA heel faction

I actually like the Condemned..

Top Bottom