• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

We should start our own wrestling blog.

Bogo with his WCW rewatches.
Sunflower and his WWE 13 videos.
Bootaaay with his matches of the day.

All good stuff.

WatTsu

In retrospect, Trump should have been the heel in this match, raining down money on the people who were already rich enough to afford seats by the ramp. We poor schmoes in the cheap seats got nothin'.

I never liked DoR 2 as much. Hated the choose your bland character storymode (though the actual mode is more fun, the choice of characters sucked) and yep, the higher level AI always countering submissions is dumb.

It still amazes me that Yukes made these two games. I can understand why they stuck with the Smackdown branding from PS2 but why oh why when you combined it all into one multiplatform release would you stick with that engine?

Wasn't the character situation in story mode the same as before? you made a created wrestler to tackle supervillain Trips?
Except this time you were romantically involved with Stacy Kiebler which often looked plain silly considering the sort of wackjobs I create.
I prefer DoR2 but both games have their merits, the stamina system in 2 is a mixed bag, the CAW mode takes decades to even simply change colours for some reason and as said the new submission system wasn't too smart....actually why do I prefer 2? must be the spiffier visuals, better roster and legendary multiplayer that is fatal four way last man standing matches, every man will batter the GC controllers giant A button into dust in order to survive.

And i'm now noticing that with my GC, Wii and N64 no longer set up I can't just throw on a good wrestling game anymore, NOOOO!

strobogo

Banned
swkn.gif

swla.gif

swlt.gif

I can tell you that HBK was not happy by the end of that match. Right after this Al jumped too high on an atomic drop, so HBK almost fell backwards and tweaked his knee. He was pissed.

The Billionaire Ted stuff is just death. Not only is it petty as fuck, even for Vince, it breaks the main rule of parody by not being funny at all. Although, Ted delivering his testimony to the FTC was eerily describing exactly what Vince did and would do in the next 10 years. It also had significantly more time devoted to it than anything else in the lead up to WM. Significantly. You'd think Ted vs Vince was the main event or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wasn't the character situation in story mode the same as before? you made a created wrestler to tackle supervillain Trips?
Except this time you were romantically involved with Stacy Kiebler which often looked plain silly considering the sort of wackjobs I create.
I prefer DoR2 but both games have their merits, the stamina system in 2 is a mixed bag, the CAW mode takes decades to even simply change colours for some reason and as said the new submission system wasn't too smart....actually why do I prefer 2? must be the spiffier visuals, better roster and legendary multiplayer that is fatal four way last man standing matches, every man will batter the GC controllers giant A button into dust in order to survive.

And i'm now noticing that with my GC, Wii and N64 no longer set up I can't just throw on a good wrestling game anymore, NOOOO!

Nah you have to choose between six pre generated generic CAWs in DoR2. It sucks.

I think this is the Mania where they realized it isn't smart to end with Cena wins lol. He hasn't won a main event since.

24- lost in the triple threat
25- wasn't in the main event
26- wasn't in the main event
27- lost to the miz
28- lost to the rock

miserable

I think this is the Mania where they realized it isn't smart to end with Cena wins lol. He hasn't won a main event since.

24- lost in the triple threat
25- wasn't in the main event
26- wasn't in the main event
27- lost to the miz
28- lost to the rock

Don't worry they will rectify that this year.
And next year when he breaks The Streak.

MoosiferX

So have any of you fine folks ever been to a NJPW event? I'm in Japan with the Mrs. for a vacation and we snagged tickets for the live event (Round 2 of the New Japan Cup) tonight! Kind of curious what to expect. Do they sell merch like at WWE events? Do they allow cameras? That sort of stuff. If I do get to snag some pictures with my shitty camera I'll definitely post 'em up here.

Okada vs. Karl Anderson is definitely my most anticipated match for tonight. :D

So have any of you fine folks ever been to a NJPW event? I'm in Japan with the Mrs. for a vacation and we snagged tickets for the live event (Round 2 of the New Japan Cup) tonight! Kind of curious what to expect. Do they sell merch like at WWE events? Do they allow cameras? That sort of stuff. If I do get to snag some pictures with my shitty camera I'll definitely post 'em up here.

Yes, yes, and yes. It's Japan, lots of good cameras in the audience and great merch. Enjoy that's a cool event to hit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

So lucky!!! Let us know how it is live!

MoosiferX

So lucky!!! Let us know how it is live!

Will do! I'm super pumped.

Great to hear there's going to be tons of merch and that cameras are good to go as well. I really want that Okada shirt that said "Pouring, Flooding, Rolling in the Cash" or something to that degree. xD

Edge vs. Undertaker from WM24 is my favourite match of all time. I don't know why, but its the only time I thought someone might have a shot at breaking the streak.

miserable

Fuckin Triple Haitch just had to put himself in the Hall of Fame ceremony too.I mean i can think of a couple of other people more deserving to induct Flair.

Top Bottom