• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

strobogo

Banned
t4zx.gif

t51l.gif

This was after he straight up molested and rubbed his dick on Taker after Mankind put him out with the Mandible Claw. He bounced off the rail, Scooby Doo ran, ran into the casket, and went all the way to the back.

Warrior University!

WE THE PEOPLE

Penguin

My friend is convinced Cena is turning heel to beat Rock, like Austin did at WM 17. Help me convince him that it ain't happening.

People wanting Cena to turn heel.. are curious

I get the idea.. to freshen up his character

But folks already boo him.. so want to make it official to boo him.. or make him cool and interesting... in which case.. they would cheer him

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The chance to maybe redeem Cena by turning him heel has been gone. They lost that chance about 4 years ago.

There is literally nothing they can do to Cena to make people like him again. They will always associate that smug piece of shit with awfulness. It's just like how no one forgives HHH for 2004

somedevil

The chance to maybe redeem Cena by turning him heel has been gone. They lost that chance about 4 years ago.

There is literally nothing they can do to Cena to make people like him again. They will always associate that smug piece of shit with awfulness. It's just like how no one forgives HHH for 2004

People, forgive Triple H for 2004 because I don't hear the boos when he comes out now. He is basically now a face for life now because he barely wrestles anymore.

Cena right now is basically love by children and women and hated by the rest. As of now he will never get to what Triple H has now where basically people forget/forgive him for 20 minutes opening promos from 02-04.

I would actually be interested if he turned heel.

Imagine, he hits the Rock Bottom on the Rock, goes for the pin and puts his feet up on the middle rope! 1-2-3!! In that split-second, the crowd go livid, but it's nothing compared to their hatred when Cena gets to his feet and shoots that shit-eating smirk to the hard camera before stomping on the Rock, screaming "I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU I'D TAKE MY WIN BACK! GET YOUR BITCH-ASS BACK TO HOLLYWOOD!".

And then you wake up and realize it's still crappy old Cena with his dumb smirk, no selling, bad technique, terrible promos self.

He's awful. The only way to fix Cena is to get rid of Cena.

And then you wake up and realize it's still crappy old Cena with his dumb smirk, no selling, bad technique, terrible promos self.

He's awful. The only way to fix Cena is to get rid of Cena.

And that's not going to happen unless he's injured for a significant period of time or decides he's had enough of wrestling. So why don't you just accept that Cena's here, whether you like it or not. He's not going anywhere, the status quo isn't going to change, so you might as well just hope for the BEST or stop watching.

I swear, the way people act towards Cena, you'd think he was the first main eventer with questionable talent to ever be shoved down the audiences throats.

strobogo

Banned
Oh man, sadly the actual episode where Goldy gave Ahmed mouth to mouth wasn't included, but the next week was. It showed the highlights and had Goldust in a den just wearing his wig, gloves, paint, some boas, and the IC Title around his dick. Then he started eating chocolate, saying how great it felt in his mouth, then called Ahmed Mandingo.

Also, lol at the Godwinns coming out with two goats and a dog.

And that's not going to happen unless he's injured for a significant period of time or decides he's had enough of wrestling. So why don't you just accept that Cena's here, whether you like it or not. He's not going anywhere, the status quo isn't going to change, so you might as well just hope for the BEST or stop watching.

I'd never wish an injury on anyone, so my "hope for the best" is hoping that Cena decides to retire sooner rather than later to enjoy the millions upon millions he's made. Just go, John. Go enjoy your money, and allow me to watch WWE featuring Brock Lesnar in peace.

Even through the darkest days, my hate for Cena burns.

Always.

I swear, the way people act towards Cena, you'd think he was the first main eventer with questionable talent to ever be shoved down the audiences throats.

I hated all of them too.

KissVibes

Banned
John Cena will never just retire and leave. He'll be just like Hogan but with less awful personal decisions and bridge burning. I guarantee you the day Cena "retires" from wrestling is the day he becomes the GM of all of the WWE and still wrestles once every month or every PPV. He'll be around until he dies.

strobogo

Banned
I think Cena is the first one to be pushed so hard for so long, though. Most guys aren't top guys for 8 years straight, and none of them were on TV every week. I swear I looked it up one time and Cena had more matches on TV in two years than Hogan had his entire WWF run.

Ithil

Who cares. Cena is Cena is Cena. There's nothing he can do to get people who actually don't like him (as opposed to people booing because others boo) to like him. Dude's a bum.

Well, unlike Austin's WM 17 turn, it would be a guy people actually WANT to boo. And I would boo. No matter what he did, I wouldn't be able to stop booing Cena. But hey, we've forgotten that booing heels is what you actually supposed to do.

He must be the first to get this push nonstop for 8 years, though, at the expense of countless others and even the product itself.

WatTsu

Cena's in a weird place for me. Like most people who are over the age of seven, I don't much like the guy but every so often he busts out a match like MitB 2011 or the one he had with Punk on Raw a couple weeks ago (I sense a pattern here). I don't think they have to turn him heel (nor can they, really), but if they put him in the ring with people who can actually put on a good match and have him shut up once in a while things might be OK.

Naturally, they're going to put him in the ring with the Rock and have them do 20+ minute promo segments.

Penguin

I think Cena is the first one to be pushed so hard for so long, though. Most guys aren't top guys for 8 years straight, and none of them were on TV every week. I swear I looked it up one time and Cena had more matches on TV in two years than Hogan had his entire WWF run.

I think this is a huge factor.

Even Hogan ran out of steam near the end, and he was on TV a lot less.

Vince is afraid to try anything different, especially when ratings continue to slide, which is why these past.. let's say 4 WrestleManias have been terrible at building the future.

I mean we've had a combination of Cena, Rock, Triple H, Taker in a almost all the marquee matches.

Only Edge (Retired), Jericho (part-timer) and Punk (second stringer) have really been given anything close to a push at Mania... I guess Sheamus to a degree but 18 secs.. isn't much of a showcase

I think this is a huge factor.

Even Hogan ran out of steam near the end, and he was on TV a lot less.

Vince is afraid to try anything different, especially when ratings continue to slide, which is why these past.. let's say 4 WrestleManias have been terrible at building the future.

I mean we've had a combination of Cena, Rock, Triple H, Taker in a almost all the marquee matches.

Only Edge (Retired), Jericho (part-timer) and Punk (second stringer) have really been given anything close to a push at Mania... I guess Sheamus to a degree but 18 secs.. isn't much of a showcase
What about The Miz?

strobogo

Banned
98-02. A whole year off for the neck injury and he definitely wasn't the top guy in 2002. On top of that, he actually didn't have a ton of TV time at his height in 98-99. He didn't have many matches on TV and he was often either only on at the start or the end of the show.

dream

Stone Cold Steve had a lot of help during his run though. John Cena is literally carrying the company by himself because, up until Dwayne and Brock returned, he's the only guy who could sell tickets.

Ithil

Stone Cold Steve had a lot of help during his run though. John Cena is literally carrying the company by himself because, up until Dwayne and Brock returned, he's the only guy who could sell tickets.

But that's not a situation that developed naturally. They more or less purposely forced it to be that way. It's not like Cena is on top for so long because the people demanded it, he's on top because they never stopped pushing him as the only important part of the show and ignored all others.

So if they only have Cena as a draw, that is something they forced, and they deserve all the negative consequences that are going to come from that (some already are).

Shit, Cena has been the main event and centerpiece of the company longer than the Rock was a regular wrestler for WWE (2005-2013 and beyond vs 1996-2002), never mind main eventer. Yet it's Rock who "passes the torch" to Cena in 2013?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to try streaming later then. Dunno what's up. :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well the issue is with Veetle, I tried some of their other streams in different browsers and only one worked. So...my hands, they're tied.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Cena had Edge and Kurt Angle who were both super over during those feuds. Austin's biggest feuds were made big because of Austin's and the other's abilities, see Vince McMahon. It's not as if Austin was getting put over by Hulk.

Hell, Austin rose to prominence just after WWF was getting their ass kicked by WCW, and they were bleeding talent left and right. Cena had guys like Angle, Brock, Eddie, and JBL to help him get big. Austin had a washed up Jake Roberts and being the third wheel in Bret/HBK.

strobogo

Banned
It's so weird that they're playing up Jake's age of 42 when currently in WWE there are quite a few dudes over 40.

Big Show: 41
Chris Jericho: 42
The Rock: 40
Khali: 40
Kane: 45
Mark Henry: 41
R-Truth: 41
Tensai: 40
HHH: 43
Taker: 47
Regal: 44

There are also a whole lot of guys 37 and up. In 1996, Bret was 39. But being 42 was a big part of Jake's story at the time.

dream

Cena had Edge and Kurt Angle who were both super over during those feuds. Austin's biggest feuds were made big because of Austin's and the other's abilities, see Vince McMahon. It's not as if Austin was getting put over by Hulk.

Hell, Austin rose to prominence just after WWF was getting their ass kicked by WCW, and they were bleeding talent left and right. Cena had guys like Angle, Brock, Eddie, and JBL to help him get big. Austin had a washed up Jake Roberts and being the third wheel in Bret/HBK.

But it was a much bigger total audience back then. Unless Dwayne or Brock are on, far fewer people are watching this shit now. I can't really fault World Wrestling Entertainment for riding the John Cena train when he's the only superstar with any mass market appeal (other than that weird week where CM Punk was on sports podcasts and shit).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's so weird that they're playing up Jake's age of 42 when currently in WWE there are quite a few dudes over 40.

There are also a whole lot of guys 37 and up. In 1996, Bret was 39. But being 42 was a big part of Jake's story at the time.
Most of the guys around that time period were in there 30s though, which is considered 'prime' in wrestling time. The only guys in their 20s were like X-Pac and Aldo. Even Shawn, Owen, Taker were like early 30s. I think Goldust might have been 29 or 28

strobogo

Banned
The point is that WWE have intentionally made it so Cena is the only marketable guy in the company. Instead of making new stars to share the weight, they make new stars specifically to feed to Cena and then have them languish for the next 3 years. Punk is the only guy to break through and come out better than he went in to a John Cena feud.

Penguin

It was always a way to poke fun at WCW

This was the "new" Generation. They were younger, more hip and more agile.

WWE really does need the competition to thrive and try different things

dream

I guess I just sort of feel like, yes, some of it is terrible 50/50 booking. But I think the bigger problem is that nobody on the roster is genuinely interesting. Nobody has the potential to go from grassroots hero to mainstream superstar the way Stone Cold Steve and Dwayne Johnson did back when people actually watched pro wrestling. I mean, god, the biggest smark darlings of the past few years were Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess I just sort of feel like, yes, some of it is terrible 50/50 booking. But I think the bigger problem is that nobody on the roster is genuinely interesting. Nobody has the potential to go from grassroots hero to mainstream superstar the way Stone Cold Steve and Dwayne Johnson did back when people actually watched pro wrestling. I mean, god, the biggest smark darlings of the past few years were Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan.

Nobody thought the Ringmaster would be a mainstream superstar. It's why WWE is shit for booking the same gimmicks forever. KOFI KINGSTON HAS BEEN KOFI KINGSTON FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER minusthatoneweekbeforehewastupidstupidstupid

strobogo

Banned
t6ks.gif

t6lm.gif

Lol at Warrior being such a pussy he not only made Jerry hit him with the cardboard side, but also wore a hat. That's the same thing Gary Coleman did for his guitar shot from Jeff Jarrett.

t6mc.gif

t6n5.gif

The lack of Owen has been a real bummer so far.

Ithil

Daniel Bryan would make a fine face of the company for a PG WWE.

Verendus

Banned
Cena is horrible. Back in 2005, you had Batista, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Eddie, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, JBL, Kane, Big Show, Lord Voldermort, Edge, Christian, Muhammad Hassan and so on. There was plenty of talent to build a good show around, they just didn't bother. Christian left when he should have been one of the future main event stars, Eddie unfortunately passed, they basically wrote a suicide angle for Hassan, and Kurt Angle left soon after.

Feeding the entire roster to Cena only served to push down other stars at their own expense and to make Cena look good. Something is seriously wrong when you have a star steamroll the entire roster, then tap both Triple H and Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania and people still find it difficult to accept him.

Cena fucking sucks. He's basically a poison. I wish the man had never been in the WWE.

Top Bottom