• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Anth0ny

Cena is the absolute worst. Never has someone so untalented been as overexposed as him in the history of this business.

TAKE A VACATION YOU FUCK

somedevil

Here are the results for the Knockouts PPV for TNA. They had to get outside talent for this pay per view because alot said no because Impact treated them like crap.

*Gail Kim defeated Alissa Flash.

*Lei'd Tapa defeated Ivelisse Velez.

*Tara defeated Mia Yim in Yim's PPV debut.

*Brooke Tessmacher defeated Santana Garrett in Garett's PPV debut.

*ODB defeated Trinity.

*Jackie Moore defeated Taryn Tarrell.

*Hannah Blossom defeated Sojo Bolt and Taeler Hendrix in a Three-Way.

*Velvet Sky defeated Jillian Hall. Hall did her terrible singing gimmick.

*Mickie James defeated Serena Deeb.

The winners all went into a Battle Royal with the final two being Kim and James. Kim eventually beat her and was crowned the winner.

It struck me recently, that kids who were pre-teen when Cena debuted could now be old enough to debut in he WWE... 22+ year olds

Soon we will have adults getting into he wrestling because they liked Cena as a kid.

FUCK THIS COMPANY.

KissVibes

Banned
It struck me recently, that kids who were pre-teen when Cena debuted could now be old enough to debut in he WWE... 22+ year olds

Soon we will have adults getting into he wrestling because they liked Cena as a kid.

FUCK THIS COMPANY.

I follow a couple of these exact people you describe on Tumblr. It's every bit as bad as you imagine.

Ithil

Cena's been overpushed for so long that kids who liked him...as kids, in 2005, are now teenagers that boo the fuck out of him for being boring and repetitive. 5 year olds that like Cena now, might not have even born when he won the Royal Rumble the first time in 2008, 3 years into his forever push.

He's truly an anomaly in the wrestling business.

MoosiferX

Alright, so as I mentioned yesterday I had the opportunity to attend Round 2 of the New Japan Pro Wrestling Cup Tourney last night. Here are my thoughts on the experience:

njpw01.jpg

The venue itself (while pretty tricky to get to) was smaller, but fairly packed. Japanese wrestling fans are so nice/polite! We all wore "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS" shirts and at least a couple people recognized them and complimented us on them. Also, $5 beer sure beats the 9-10 dollar stadium beers I usually buy in the U.S. xD Plus you get a free NJPW sticker with each beer! We have a surplus of stickers now. lol

njpw02.jpg

Most of my pictures I took during the event were a bit blurry, so I'll spare you a billion blurry photos.

Ishii is my new favorite wrestler in NJPW. He and Goto stole the show, and I've never seen a crowd more into a match live. We brought a friend with us who isn't into wrestling at all and this match sold him on the experience. I know the show was televised but I'm not sure where one can find it to watch. Hopefully this match gets put up on Youtube or something!

njpw03.jpg

We had decent seats on the left side of the entrance ramp and were able to see all the the wrestler's entrances very well. Suzuki's entrance is very, very badass. I was happy to see a 25th anniversary CD of his entrance music at the merchandise booth - which I most certainly picked up. They had all sorts of great merchandise available, and we snagged a good handful of stuffs (seen below).

This trip coincided with my wife's birthday and she's a huge Nakamura fan. In addition to his match (the flying kick is NUTS, and his finisher looks just as great/brutal live) he also came out to save Toru Yano from the wrath of Suzuki-Gun following their match. She was pretty stoked to get to see him twice in one night!

Okada vs. Karl Anderson was the main event - and while it felt a bit shorter than I expected - it definitely delivered. While Okada is super over, it was neat to see Karl get a good bit of support as well.

After the event, BUSHI was signing autographs of a little pouch shaped like his mask. We purchased one and got to talk with him for a sec. Seemed like a nice dude!

Anyways here's some swag pictures!

njpw04.jpg

njpw05.jpg

njpw06.jpg

~Fin~

somedevil

WWE Buyrates for 2010-2012:

2010(13 shows)
North America: 3,678,000
International: 2,049,000

2011(13 shows)
North America: 3,828,000
International: 2,245,000

2012(12 shows)
North America: 3,928,000
International: 2,413,000

I find it interesting that the buyrates for the last 3 years have been going up. I wonder why? I credit Rock, Brock and the rise of CM Punk that kept the buyrate going up.

Verendus

Banned
I credit The Rock mostly.

He basically got them all those extra purchases. The difference he made for Wrestlemania likely made the difference in the trend being an increase instead of a decrease. Wrestlemania 27 would have done worse than 26 if it wasn't for him, and 28 likely would've been even worse than that. I don't think CM Punk did anything. Brock likely helped with the one or two PPVs he showed up on.

strobogo

Banned
These Raws are so weird in that you can tell they taped like 3-4 shows at a time because dudes would come out on the third show completely drained with sweat dried hair and going 20-30% slower than they were at the first show.

What was the schedule back then? A live show the night after a PPV and then taping 3 Raws?

Biggest lolwtf quote was King saying that Goldust should give Ahmed mouth to mouth insemination.

Ishii is my new favorite wrestler in NJPW. He and Goto stole the show, and I've never seen a crowd more into a match live. We brought a friend with us who isn't into wrestling at all and this match sold him on the experience. I know the show was televised but I'm not sure where one can find it to watch. Hopefully this match gets put up on Youtube or something!

Awesome stuff man, glad to hear you had a good time and that Ishii vs Goto was great - they put on a fantastic match last year for the Intercontinental Title and I'm happy to hear this one was excellent too, hopefully it'll be online soon. Great Nakamura t-shirt and I love the Okada bucks!

Razorskin

----- ------
I wonder what kind of impact bringing in Austin would do, they could have a Autumn of Austin storyline take place where he wins the belt and leaves till Mania.

Verendus

Banned
I've been out of the wrestle scene for a bit, but is there any way that Cena loses at WM?
Probably not.

He lost last year, so they are going to give him his win back. I wish he has an existential crisis, decides to lose, then retires the next day on Raw. One can hope.

Verendus

Banned
It's unfortunate. I was sure Rock was going to win last year so it was cool watching the show. This year, there is nothing but fear. Don't want to see that tosser smirk and no sell everything at the end of the match.

Who knows, maybe there will be a swerve and John Cena will lose again. It would be the greatest thing that could happen.

Raw64life

It's unfortunate. I was sure Rock was going to win last year so it was cool watching the show. This year, there is nothing but fear. Don't want to see that tosser smirk and no sell everything at the end of the match.

Who knows, maybe there will be a swerve and John Cena will lose again. It would be the greatest thing that could happen.

You'd like to think they will do at least 1 swerve with the big matches given how ridiculously predictable the endings to them look so far.

somedevil

Yep, it's The Rock and a little help from Brock.

The only question is why did the buyrates for Over the limit, No Way Out, Night of Champions and Hell in the Cell went up compared to last year when there was no Rock or Brock on the show?

Did the Bryan vs Punk match in OTL lead to the increase in buys and did the Punk vs Ryback match do the same for hell in the Cell?

Kaladin

The only question is why did the buyrates for Over the limit, No Way Out, Night of Champions and Hell in the Cell went up compared to last year when there was no Rock or Brock on the show?

Did the Bryan vs Punk match in OTL lead to the increase in buys and did the Punk vs Ryback match do the same for hell in the Cell?

OTL I can understand, but I don't know what the hell people were thinking with HIAC. I guess the only trend I can come up with is new stars = money.

Cena did headline that PPV against John Laurinaitis. Punk vs Bryan for the WWE Championship didn't close out the show

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e1997249d25f17f0a4d157b28b59ff27/tumblr_mfg3xgo8En1rlh1xto1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

What I don't understand in this kind of situation, is why end the PPV with Cena?

They already got the kiddies and women's money, if they switch off after his shitty gimmick match, WWE doesn't lose anything!

In a case like this, it makes absolutely no sense to not end with the title match.

WWE are high on their own goddamn supply for no fucking reason.

Razorskin

----- ------
What I don't understand in this kind of situation, is why end the PPV with Cena?

They already got the kiddies and women's money, if they switch off after his shitty gimmick match, WWE doesn't lose anything!

In a case like this, it makes absolutely no sense to not end with the title match.

WWE are high on their own goddamn supply for no fucking reason.

Funny how the WWE Championship will only be the main event of Wrestlemania because it involves the Rock and Cena.

You mean the "Who Will Win AJ's Heart" match featuring Cena's Belt? Yeah, what a surprise that didn't end the show.

AJ wasn't really involved yet, Punk and AJ were having backstage segments but she wasn't really in the middle yet that was at Money in the Bank PPV if you want to use that argument. That one didn't close out the PPV either, Cena's MITB ladder match did.

cena.jpg

Top Bottom