• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Hopefully this will help Sandman and Bootay quit griping about overcoming the odds. He totally couldn't win this one.

That was super cool of Gargano, so he gets a free pass...for now.
But, I swear, if he beats Shingo clean, I'm so done with DGUSA

WHAT
THE
FUCK

ROH just turned into a 1998 WWF segment

Dude hanging a belt from his crotch blurred out while 2 women get on their knees in front of him o_O

lol Kevin Kelly apologizing for that

da fuck

Lol! At least it was two women this time - it was just Matt Taven & Truth Martini on the iPPV

Anth0ny

The latter half of 97 does have a big blemish. And why is that?
tumblr_mjryrgxvj91s5lpiuo1_500.jpg

Don't ever let anyone tell you that DX was cool. DX was never cool nor funny. The John Cena of the 90s, honestly. The 'me too!' group. 'Hey NWO is popular, hey Stone Cold is popular and a tweener and Bret kind of is too. WE WANT TO BE A TWEENER TOO! Let's reward Owen for being loyal by jobbing him out to Hunter. Let's waste Taker's momentum so he can wrestle Huner too!' And you have a HBK that's so drugged out that he's not even entertaining at that point.

Even going back now, I'm glad to see that I was right as a kid to see how dumb that group was. In retrospect, NWO was dumb, but I can admit there were things about it that I thought was cool as a kid. I always thought DX was fucking awful.

well you know something

i got two words for ya

cocaine shawn

Striker

Hey, Miz is better than Triple H. Miz is pretty good on the Mic, not amazing like Punk, but he holds his own, same with him in the ring.
Miz is great at nothing. He isn't Ryback in the ring, but I have a hard time calling him anything above mediocre. He has a job because he's not terrible at going to THQ or press shows and promoting games or events.

DX without Shawn was better than it was with him.
The DX without Shawn is nothing without Road Doag/New Age Outlaws.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The show I'm most hyped for is SHIMMER;

. Saraya Knight (c) vs Cheerleader Melissa - Cage Match
. Ayako Hamada vs Athena
. Madison Eagles vs Jessie McKay
. Amazing Kong vs Mia Yim

Plus, The Canadian Ninjas, Evie, Made in Sin, Rhia O'Reilly, Christina Von Eerie, Serena Deeb, Mercedes Martinez, Kana, Regeneration-X, Kellie Skater, Veda Scott & Shazza McKenzie

Knight vs Melissa should be an awesome, hate-filled match that's been brewing for over a year now. The rest of the matches announced look great also, really looking forward to the return of Aussie's Madison Eagles & Jessie McKay.

This is entirely my big event to watch that weekend. There is nothing but good set-up for all of it combined with each of them known for working hard at these events, and they can actually have fun doing it. I wish I could care about a single Wrestlemania match, I'm excited for all of these.

Anyone saying they are tired of a show not being about the wrestling, about enjoying the wrestling, or complaining about WWE and TNA's use of women, watch Shimmer. It's good stuff.

Slapping Aja Kong generally isn't a good idea;

i0tY6ArsghMts.gif

Really enjoyed this match - told a good story with Kyoko pissing Kong off early and getting absolutely destroyed, yet still getting back up and pissing Kong off all over again. Despite never really buying that Kyoko could cause an upset, the crowd were well behind her and this match did a lot to prove she could hang with the top tier in AJW.

Bloody hell, that's the first Kong match I ever saw. I've been trying to find out which one it was for years. I remembered the running around, just not the who. Thank you so much, I finally know now.

Watched Onita vs Akebono in their 'Big Fireworks' confrontation. The match was complete trash, but you've got to love an electrified, exploding barbedwire baseball bat;

ibaboaLATug0Yw.gif

You know what reminds me this of? Anarchy Reigns. Such a great budget game easily played by four people, if you could just get them online.

How did none of us notice growing up that Earl Hebner was always one of the worst refs of all time? How did he get the senior ref spot? Dude has been awful since day one and I don't know why I thought he was such a great ref growing up. He's the worst. That he's STILL around is ridiculous. Probably the most ludicrous pick up TNA ever made.

We were all blinded by all the antics and excitement of the "edgy" attitude era back when it was new. Also we were kids, we didn't know better. The senior position was easy though, he always happily took the job of checking off who was late and informing Vince and others. Then he just stood around the longest and he got the spot.

TNA picking him up was really awful though. He wasn't actually important to them, just that they could imitate the screw job whenever they wanted. God I hope they never put him in another story line.

Aiii

So not worth it
LZ0Y5mK.gif

Miz wishes he could reach the level of 2000 Trips.

Pretty much, as much as you can hate HHH for certain aspects of his backstage and onstage antics, his late 99/early 00 heel antics were pretty much perfect. I was a huge mark for him back then.

Plus, his in-ring skill is leagues ahead of "wait, which leg goes where again"-figure four applying Miz.

KenOD

With Miz, I have to give a lot of credit. No not to him, but to the camera men and editors who managed to film things so that Miz looked far better on camera than he ever did watching as an audience member for so many years.

Sadly no amount of clever filming can fix that don't-figure four locks.

KenOD

Sorry to hear that mate. I know how hard that is, so try your best to remember all the happy memories. As for RAW, get ready for some more recaps of Rock vs Cena, HHH angrily yelling at the camera man pretending it's Brock, a repeat of Del Rio's Swagger Anti-Canadian stance, and yet another awful Miz match! Also the urn may have powers again. A trainwreck to be sure.

Could also watch Sandow sing. http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/the-jbl-cole-show-weekly-on-wwecom Skip to 3:30.

Aiii

So not worth it
Teddy Long was the funniest he's been since 1990 in the JBL and Cole Show this week.

I do hope we get Rhodes Scholars vs. NAO at WrestleMania with the heels going over.

Surge

My elderly cat passed away this morning, I'm hoping for an absolute trainwreck mess of a RAW to cheer me up later.

Sorry to hear about that.

I have 2 cats and you get so damn attached to them like they're family. Atleast that's how mine are to me..I'd never give them up for anything.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sorry to hear about that.

I have 2 cats and you get so damn attached to them like they're family. Atleast that's how mine are to me..I'd never give them up for anything.

Yup, I couldn't live without my cat either. Dreading the day she passes (hopefully, that's still a long time away).

Striker

Teddy Long was the funniest he's been since 1990 in the JBL and Cole Show this week.

I do hope we get Rhodes Scholars vs. NAO at WrestleMania with the heels going over.
Have they even decided on the tag titles for Mania yet? Four way makes most sense.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why!? :(

We're going to get that and (supposedly) Jericho vs. Fandango :( Just give us Ziggler vs. Jericho, Rhodes Scholars vs. Hell No!

Why? They're in AJ's hometown and she doesn't even get a match at all. How's that for fair?

WWE isn't dealing in fair, they're dealing in booking two or three "top matches" and then figuring out the undercard as they go.

All we can hope is for TNA to kick Hogan out on his ass and taking their ball and running with it so we can have a proper competitor to look at. At least they seem to realise that booking months ahead instead of kneejerk reacting to ratings is beneficial to their overall product.

Heavy came up with that rumor?

Nah, if Heavy booked this it would be Cena/Darren Young vs. Hell No! Cena vs. Cesaro, Cena vs. Kaitlyn, Cena vs Barrett, Cena vs. Del Rio, Cena vs. Undertaker and Cena vs Rock.

Do I even need to tell you who would win these in this scenario?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why? They're in AJ's hometown and she doesn't even get a match at all. How's that for fair?
Do you want AJ to be in a match or do you want her involved in something people might actually watch?

Aiii

So not worth it
Natayla is the best one they have and she jobs to everybody and valets to Khali.

As does AJ, as does Naomi. As does anyone with even a shred of wrestling ability.

You know who gets to wrestle at WrestleMania? The Bella Twins, because that's who people want to see in the ring.

Aiii

So not worth it
Batista has made it perfectly clear he isn't coming back untill he can bleed again (or something, but bottom line, he hates the PG version of WWE). And now that he's making the big bucks as a movie star, yeah, not going to happen.

Maybe after Vince is dead Trips can convince him to return, maybe they can show him some footage of Brock bleeding all over the place.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This means no Brotista anytime soon in the WWE. This is a sad day.

Woulda been sweet to see him come back as Brass Body Dave Batista, but I can handle this. They'll treat him like Rock, too - give him a championship for no reason besides his existance :p

Just realized that they could use Jerichos appearance on dancing with the stars to start his feud with fandango

I'm guess we get a rerun of BO

They scrapped the IC cup

Aiii

So not worth it
Just realized that they could use Jerichos appearance on dancing with the stars to start his feud with fandango

I'm guess we get a rerun of BO

They scrapped the IC cup

Oh God no.

We're getting a dance off instead of wrestling match for Jericho vs. Faaaahndaaaaahngoooooh, aren't we?

Top Bottom