• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

KissVibes

Banned
Yeah the match was fine.

But fuck Wade. He is such a god damn waste of the IC title. They should have moved it tonight.

You act like Wade Barrett writes his own storylines and picks his matches! Wade Barrett was on track to be a credible challenger for the WHC then he got hurt which fucked up the plans. He comes back and they make him IC champion because they want him to have a bigger role but don't know what to do with him.

And fuck, it's not like the IC title got much play since Rhodes held it. Christian won it his first night back, then handed it off to Miz who sucks, the Wildkat got it from him which was LOL and now Wade has it and he won it on a TAPED Raw.

The US and IC titles are unfortunately worthless despite it looking like they might be meaningful again at some point.

You act like Wade Barrett writes his own storylines and picks his matches! Wade Barrett was on track to be a credible challenger for the WHC then he got hurt which fucked up the plans. He comes back and they make him IC champion because they want him to have a bigger role but don't know what to do with him.

And fuck, it's not like the IC title got much play since Rhodes held it. Christian won it his first night back, then handed it off to Miz who sucks, the Wildkat got it from him which was LOL and now Wade has it and he won it on a TAPED Raw.

The US and IC titles are unfortunately worthless despite it looking like they might be meaningful again at some point.

How did they ever make the IC mean something when Cody held it. Why can't they do that again.

Give Cody the belt again if they have too, what I really loved about Cody is he treated the Belt like it was everything in his life, as a champion should.

gurudyne

How did they ever make the IC mean something when Cody held it. Why can't they do that again.

Give Cody the belt again if they have too, what I really loved about Cody is he treated the Belt like it was everything in his life, as a champion should.

They have movies to promote, a WM to shill, maybe a promo to cut about how much they love/hate the fans in THIS ARENA TONIGHT and two minutes to do it in. Who has time for some little kids' toy belt thing?

Pavaloo

I wasn't on board with Wade Barrett for a long time and I too thought he should have lost the title tonight. All the way to the end. BUT, when he was walking away from the ring and he keeps his elbow up and goes "I didn't even need it! I didn't even need it! Too easy." I got on board. I think they just need to give him a mic and let him do his own thing or something.

WWNLive dudes announced that their iPPVs will have multiple bitrate options and that they're doubling the top bitrate to 2000kbps on all iPPVs going forward - this should greatly benefit those with high-speed connections and also bring WWNLive iPPVs nearer to ROH's level in terms of picture clarity. The first iPPV to take advantage of this is...

SHINE 8, live worldwide via iPPV this Saturday:

ib0MQYT3Xk3W99.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-03-23-13.html - $9.99

. Main Event: Amazing Kong, Angelina Love, Mia Yim & Christina Von Eerie vs Valkyrie (Rain, Ivelisse, Taylor Made & Allysin Kay)
. Career vs Respect: Reby Sky vs Jessicka Havoc
. Pick Your Poison - I Quit/Fans Bring the Weapons: Leva Bates vs Kimberly
. SHINE 7 Rematch: Mercedes Martinez vs Nikki Roxx
. Santana vs Sojo Bolt
. Brandi Wine vs Jayme Jameson
. Su Yung vs Brittney Savage
. Nikki St. John vs Luscious Latasha

Also, before SHINE 8 there's another iPPV next Saturday, the Finals of the 2013 New Japan Cup;

ibgpomWwSgclwE.png

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

. New Japan Cup FINAL
. New Japan Cup Semi-Final:
Hirooki Goto vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
. New Japan Cup Semi-Final:
Kazuchika Okada vs Toru Yano

Finally, since his loss to Tanahashi at the 41st Anniversary Show, Prince Devitt's become a total childish dick on twitter and it's pretty awesome;

https://twitter.com/fergaldevitt

On meeting Don Frye: "I ate breakfast with Don Frye today,we exchanged stories all the people we have beat up.He winked at me and said'your the real deal partner'"

To Hirooki Goto: "I'm so strong I am going give you a Goldberg style Jackhammer! Pow!" (Goto seems bemused), "...maybe i should make you tap out with a Chicken Wing like Bob Backlund!", "im going to get a 2x4 chunk of wood like hacksaw jim duggan and break it over your BIG HEAD!"

To Hiroshi Tanahashi: "hey fancy pants! How is your air guitar? I'm going to get a real guitar like Double J Jeff jarrett and smash it on your head", "if you ever try give me a high fly flow again i will stand up and punch you in the d*ck!"

To Lance Archer: "ill slap you so hard you will be walking like a newborn giraffe trying to cross a frozen pond!

To Minoru Suzuki: "im a reeeeeeeeeeal shooter!"

To MVP: " I just sent a mp3 for your new song to my grandmother, she loves it!", "all the @njpw1972 boys think your song sucks bro, but what do they know? Idiots! My grandmother has been pop'n'lockin' all day!"

To New Japan: "stop tweeting in Japanese! No one understands!", "blah blah blah.... I don't understand your tweets!! Don't make me come to the office and round house kick the main frame computer"

To various NJ Young Lions: "1000 squats...NOW!", "Shut up youngboys! you should RESPECT me!", "i said SHUT UP! dont send me twitter messages.. you have NO respect. Im going to use a kendo stick..dojo style!"

To TAKA Michinoku: "TAKA & Taichi are idiots." > "Hey you asshall! what the fuck do you want!" > "Im going to throw TAKA over the top rope like in Royal Rumble 2000. And kick Taichi in the nuts!", "hey dick heads! Me and my partner @taguchiryusuke would like to invite you to dinner! Haha.That's a joke, we hate you!", "every time I hear your entrance music 'taka is coming'... I picture you and @taichi0319 having sexy time!", "Im going to kick you in your peanut d*ck like 'TOO SEXY' Brian Christoper!"

To Ryusuke Taguchi: "get some rest tonight bro,we have to kick ass 55 style tomorrow.We have @Tama_Tonga on our team so its like a handicap match", "BRO... @Tama_Tonga sucks... I had @tanahashi1_100 begging on his knees like Rick Flair then Tama came in and LOST!!!"

To Satoshi Kojima: "my lariat is way stronger than yours"

To Scott Norton: "YOU are a man who knows how to slap someone! The toughest man to ever enter a @njpw1972 ring.. apart from DEVITT of course!"

To Shinsuke Nakamura: "Shut up Nakamura! Ill beat CHAOS one by one...or all at the same time... i dont care! YOUR CHOICE! Im like @BasRuttenMMA SHOOTER"

To Strong Man: "I can bench more than you BROTHER!", "the only way your ever going go get big like ME is to go heavy BRO! if the bar aint bending..your just pretending!", " what is it like to resemble a giant bunch of grapes? Round and purple... and gets CRUSHED easily!"

To Yuji Nagata: "are you constipated?", "who has a stronger slap?? Devitt or Nagata??", "NO, its Devitt! ill slap your Undertaker Nagata Rock face!", "before the match today ill teach you how to slap hard like me! Then you might beat Laughter7 next time! Your welcome"

strobogo

Banned
I finally got to the first RAW with a stunner.

Man Savio Vega/SCSA could really work a match. I should know because I've already seen it like seven times in about half a year.

Get ready for some shit. The summer shows have a lot of awful gimmicks.

Has WWE ever had such a quality roster, yet put on such awful shows? There have literally been 3-4 good Raws a year for the past 2-3 years. Three hour Raws have been the WORST.

They MUST do at least a Brock/Henry show down. They are the only two guys live that people actually believe are going to fuck someone up. I'd love to see those two mean mug each other, shit talk, and throw some bombs.

Speaking of bombs, Jerry made a joke in 1996. What do Jake the Snake and the Olympics have in common? They both got bombed.

Have you ever wanted to see Sid play tug of war with an elephant? I didn't know I did, but I saw it and feel fulfilled.

strobogo

Banned
Why does Savio Vega sound like GSP? So weird. A lot of guys were giving their well wishes to Ahmed for his kidney transplant. He ounded ike tings or so ark in is ed. Austin said he'd bust up the other kidney.

Striker

Wasn't think it was possible to find a character more annoying to shoo away than Cena, but it's probable with Triple H. Even though he shows up in the SummerSlam and Wrestlemania events/programs.

Also, wasting Zigs. Again. circle.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Ziggler in a match with Bryan is not wasting him.

In fact, those two in a ring together is pure magic.

Wasting Ziggler would be booking Ziggler vs. Ryder or Ziggler vs. Kofi or Ziggler and Big E vs. The Uso's.

USA chants during the Del Rio match. I was confused were they for Del Rio or Cody? Oh they were for Swagger! That storyline is going over very well haha

Striker

Their booking since TLC for him has been bizarre. Beats Cena at TLC in the Ladder Match, and uh... nothing.

But while I love both their work, just putting a tag match together most likely a random idea thrown out in the creative meeting is junk. Rhodes Scholars should be competing for them, or at least holding the titles. Another pair who hasn't been used enough I think.

Ziggler in a match with Bryan is not wasting him.

In fact, those two in a ring together is pure magic.

Wasting Ziggler would be booking Ziggler vs. Ryder or Ziggler vs. Kofi or Ziggler and Big E vs. The Uso's.

I'll be surprised if the tag match gets five minutes. Five minutes match time plus two or three minutes for entrances and another two or three minutes for the Kane/Bryan fallout. Sounds like a waste to me

Aiii

So not worth it
USA chants during the Del Rio match. I was confused were they for Del Rio or Cody? Oh they were for Swagger! That storyline is going over very well haha

Was wondering this as well.

I figured they weren't so much for either guy, but rather against Swagger and Zeb.

Aiii

So not worth it
Their booking since TLC for him has been bizarre. Beats Cena at TLC in the Ladder Match, and uh... nothing.

But while I love both their work, just putting a tag match together most likely a random idea thrown out in the creative meeting is junk. Rhodes Scholars should be competing for them, or at least holding the titles. Another pair who hasn't been used enough I think.

Expecting Rhodes Schollars along with the Bella's against Kaitlyn, Layla and the NAO for WM, hence them not being in this match.

strobogo

Banned

I'm sure they were for ADR. USA chants are only for faces, even if the face isn't American and the heel isn't foreign. Bret used to get USA chants against Yoko. Yoko got USA chants when he turned faced. Of course, Fuji was waving a USA flag at the time, too. A Samoan playing fake Japanese managed by a technically Hawaiian Japanese man getting USA chants.

Dolph's gimmick should be that he fails to cash in the contract before the next Money in the Bank and it becomes invalid, so he flips, goes crazy and becomes a guy who lives to collect Money in the Bank contracts, eventually hoarding enough to create a paper-mache world title of Money in the Bank contracts.

Jamie OD

Definitely going to be something to look out for at Mania. The New York state crowds usually cheer for the gimmicks they find more interesting and nowadays the heels are more often than not more interesting than the faces. Even if that section of the country doesn't agree with the politics, I can see them being more supportive of Swagger than Del Rio just because of how their respective gimmicks have been handled.

Wait, I just realised next week's Raw is in Philly. Del Rio is fucked. Especially if he doesn't have Ricardo with him.

jred2k

Dolph's gimmick should be that he fails to cash in the contract before the next Money in the Bank and it becomes invalid, so he flips, goes crazy and becomes a guy who lives to collect Money in the Bank contracts, eventually hoarding enough to create a paper-mache world title of Money in the Bank contracts.

When he goes to cash in the clasps on the briefcase are going to be seized from all the times its been used as a weapon. He won't be able to open it as the MitB PPV goes off the air.

MC Safety

Anything happen on Raw in the final hour?

Thirty-four people pointed to a sign. It was the weirdest thing!

Also, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman celebrated when they got one over on Hunter Helmsley by picking a Wrestlemania stipulation that Helmsley would have picked had he the choice because wrestling always makes sense and never does not make sense.

Aiii

So not worth it
Can't have a road to WrestleMania without first pointing at the WrestleMania sign. This is like WrestleMania 101, first thing you learn at NXT when you sign with WWE.

Omega

Banned
Thirty-four people pointed to a sign. It was the weirdest thing!

Also, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman celebrated when they got one over on Hunter Helmsley by picking a Wrestlemania stipulation that Helmsley would have picked had he the choice because wrestling always makes sense and never does not make sense.
that was the dumbest segment i've ever watched.

Heyman gets beat up in order to bait HHH into signing the contract...only HHH never needed to be baited and said 3 minutes earlier he didn't care about stips, was gonna sign and beat the shit outta Bork

but of course it needs to be made more personal and Heyman needs to get beat up because we all watch wrestling to see non-wrestlers beat up

and then the dumbest stip of them all, career match. because Ziggler didn't just beat Jericho in one of those 6 months ago and he didn't just main event on Raw last night........

Aiii

So not worth it
That wasn't a career stip. Jericho lost to Ziggler in a briefcase vs contract match. Jericho wins he gets the briefcase, Ziggler wins Jericho loses his job.

Career on the line obviously means: you lose, you retire forever.

Unless you're Ric Flair.

that was the dumbest segment i've ever watched.

Heyman gets beat up in order to bait HHH into signing the contract...only HHH never needed to be baited and said 3 minutes earlier he didn't care about stips, was gonna sign and beat the shit outta Bork

but of course it needs to be made more personal and Heyman needs to get beat up because we all watch wrestling to see non-wrestlers beat up

and then the dumbest stip of them all, career match. because Ziggler didn't just beat Jericho in one of those 6 months ago and he didn't just main event on Raw last night........

I liked the part where no-one cared!

Cagey

Banned
Get ready for some shit. The summer shows have a lot of awful gimmicks.

Has WWE ever had such a quality roster, yet put on such awful shows? There have literally been 3-4 good Raws a year for the past 2-3 years. Three hour Raws have been the WORST.

Is the roster good, though? I don't think it is.

Ithil

So AJ turned 26 today, lets celebrate!

tumblr_mjwk37eAlz1qgvr4ko3_250.gif

And that's still higher then the number of matches she's gotten to wrestle on RAW.

Is the roster good, though? I don't think it is.

They've got, right now
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Antonio Cesaro
Brock Lesnar
Chris Jericho
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Mark Henry
PTP
AJ
Wade Barrett
Sheamus

And then in developmental they have

Kassius Ohno
El Generico
PAC
Bray Wyatt
Corey Graves
Paige
Emma
and a number of indie talents just got tryouts last month, with some of them very likely to get contracts

I'd say the roster is pretty great right now in terms of sheer talent, given those lists are less than half of their actual roster. They have plenty of solid talents as well.

That wasn't a career stip. Jericho lost to Ziggler in a briefcase vs contract match. Jericho wins he gets the briefcase, Ziggler wins Jericho loses his job.

Unless you're Ric Flair.

Or Randy Savage

Aiii

So not worth it
And that's still higher then the number of matches she's gotten to wrestle on RAW.

I was thinking about this, I wish they would leave Raw to the men and have the divas division move completely to Smackdown.

Give the women one or even two ten-minute matches every week on Smackdown. It gives something unique to Smackdown that might get people to tune in. It gives the women credibility and match experience. And you can still have your three hour Raw's consisting of only squash matches, trailers for movies, King and Cole snickering at bad jokes by faces and John Cena smiling without anyone noticing.

Smackdown needs something proper to make it interesting again, why not use the female talent for that?

Ugh, who am I kidding, this would leave them less time to recap RAW.

Omega

Banned

Unless you're Ric Flair.

same thing!

either way, that whole segment was donkey shit. who thought a career match between two part timers who have wrestled twice in the past year was a good idea? have him/her job endlessly to 3MB as punishment

Ithil

I was thinking about this, I wish they would leave Raw to the men and have the divas division move completely to Smackdown.

Give the women one or even two ten-minute matches every week on Smackdown. It gives something unique to Smackdown that might get people to tune in. It gives the women credibility and match experience. And you can still have your three hour Raw's consisting of only squash matches, trailers for movies, King and Cole snickering at bad jokes by faces and John Cena smiling without anyone noticing.

Smackdown needs something proper to make it interesting again, why not use the female talent for that?

Ugh, who am I kidding, this would leave them less time to recap RAW.

They're gradually building a pretty solid Divas division on NXT with multiple rivalries going on and still having time for Divas matches unrelated to said rivalries, and that's with a single 40 minute show per week, and a Divas roster of about 8 (several of whom have not even debuted yet). So that the main roster can't build a fine Divas division with 6 hours of TV a week, is embarrassing.

Cagey

Banned
They've got, right now
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Antonio Cesaro
Brock Lesnar
Chris Jericho
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Mark Henry
PTP
AJ
Wade Barrett
Sheamus

I think that list is a lot weaker than you think it is.

Kyoufu

It's a good list, but because the writing and booking are incompetent then it means their talent is wasted. WWE in a nutshell.

Ithil

I think that list is a lot weaker than you think it is.

I don't think so. That's not the entire roster, just the ones I enjoy watching the most. Counting the actual number of matches you could fit on a show, there's no way you can't build a compelling product on that part of the roster using the remainder of the roster to hold it together.

Top Bottom