• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

jmdajr

It's not a bad card of talent, everyone is just disappointed at it being predictable or rushed put together.

AS long as the actual matches turn out good, I'm cool with it.

And if not, oh well. Still get to go to the big city and hang out with family and friends. I'm going to have a great time.

somedevil

Well Bully Ray went a little crazy with this anti-gay rhetoric towards a fan during thursday tapings. I guess he forget its not ECW or the 90's anymore. Here is what he said.

Sit down, faggot. Yeah… What are you gonna do? You ain’t gonna do a damn thing. You got punked in your own frickin’ town. I’m punkin’ you out in front of your daughter. You got punked! You invented fags, you fag. You should’ve did something already, you should’ve did something already, but you ain’t doing nothing’. I’m punking you in front of your hometown. You frickin’ queer. You shave your frickin’ chest.”

Yikes, here is video of it. It starts at 6:30 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3wrLF3juVcU#!

Classic Match of the Day:

Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs The Holy Demon Army (Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue) - Real World Tag League FINAL - (AJPW 12/03/93)

True 5 star classic (Meltzer approved) here as, in the wake of Misawa & Kawada's acrimonious split earlier in the year, they do battle with new tag partners at their sides in the finals of the 1993 Real World Tag League. This is legitimately one of the best tag matches you'll ever see (only bettered by these teams encounter from '95) and it tells such a fantastic story, with Kobashi as the future star looking to prove his toughness (and getting fucking pummelled by the Holy Demon Army) and Kawada's Achilles heel coming to play. Five years previously Kawada was teaming with Tenryu against Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy, who in the course of their match absolutely destroyed his knee, ultimately preventing him from making the save and costing Kawada & Tenryu the win. Fast forward five years and it's now Kawada's knee that prevents him from making the tag to Taue, as with the tables turned Misawa & Kobashi decimate Kawada who sells the injury so, so well, I can't possibly overstate how good it is. Everything he does from the point of injury (and you'll know when that is, because the crowd are instantly aware and react accordingly), even during his hope spots and offence, he sells that injury. Look out for the HUGE double German suplex spot late in the game, which the crowd goes ballistic for, Kobashi getting his fucking teeth caved in and the SICK finish. I love this match. LOVE IT.

Here's the playlist of classic matches so far;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2j4f3

• Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask II (c) vs Stan Hansen & Ted DiBiase - PWF World Tag Team Championship - (AJPW 11/07/87)
  • Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 10/09/95)
  • Aja Kong (c) vs Dynamite Kansai - WWWA Title Match - (AJW 08/25/93)
  • Naoki Sano vs Masakatsu Funaki - (SWS 04/01/91)
  • Koji Kanemoto (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 01/04/96)[/url]
  • Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c) - AWA Heavyweight Title & NWA United International Title - (AJPW 02/23/84)
  • Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW 04/14/83)
  • Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs El Samurai - Top of the Super Jr's III FINAL - (NJPW 04/30/92)
  • Genichiro Tenryu vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (WAR 11/27/97)

Aiii

So not worth it
tumblr_mjx5y7hqAM1qdssbxo1_1280.jpg

AJ day continues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdaTehcAZzg&sns=em

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guys, how is it that gaming side is so negative when they don't have near as bad of quality product as wrassling side does and we're GENERALLY positive outside of Raw?

jmdajr

Guys, how is it that gaming side is so negative when they don't have near as bad of quality product as wrassling side does and we're GENERALLY positive outside of Raw?

Beats me. Waste of energy. We're lucky we live in an era where we can enjoy games as hobby in our spare time.
I mean whatever, maybe some are young. But some are probbaly older than me and that's scary.

To be fair I've sure I've bitched once or twice, but it's dumb.

Now if I could just figure out a way for real sports not to raise my blood pressure, I'd be in good shape.

Edit: Being a wrestling fan probbaly helps in that, to be a fan in the first place.... you have to let so much shit slide.

Kyoufu

I have no idea to be honest. Then again I remember you posting a lot of negative things on the gaming side :p

I'm guilty of the same thing.

Ithil

Because everything is terrible they're all out to get me it sucks and I hate it. That's the vibe I get anyway.

jmdajr

Because everything is terrible they're all out to get me it sucks and I hate it. That's the vibe I get anyway.

Gamers have a bad reputation as it is. You want to defend our hobby, but then you have fans that just make you look bad.

Hmm. Sounds familiar!

edit: jumps over to gaming see's this*

Rumor: Aliens Colonial Marines Wii U version "postponed indefinitely"

It's still ok if we laugh right?

Top Bottom