• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Aiii

So not worth it
They could have another Austin if they weren't so hell bent on overscripting everything without consulting with their talent.

Cagey

Banned
I don't think so. That's not the entire roster, just the ones I enjoy watching the most. Counting the actual number of matches you could fit on a show, there's no way you can't build a compelling product on that part of the roster using the remainder of the roster to hold it together.

That'd be the key difference, then.

Further, you could build a compelling product with any isolated list of the roster if the storylines are right.

Kaladin

8877_10151613855261328_2078932990_n.jpg

That is the match I'd rather see Anderson in, and they're doing it at the TV taping after the PPV.

Kyoufu

They could have another Austin if they weren't so hell bent on overscripting everything without consulting with their talent.

PG era plus Cena as the poster boy means you'll never see another Austin as the way things are currently.

You know it's true :p

Aiii

So not worth it
PG era plus Cena as the poster boy means you'll never see another Austin as the way things are currently.

I don't think the TV rating has anything to do with the lack of storylines, lack of freedom for talent and lack of pushes for guys like Bryan and Ziggler at all tbh.

Unless you mean, you won't ever get another character flipping off the crowd every week again, yeah, you're right.

Kyoufu

I don't think the TV rating has anything to do with the lack of storylines, lack of freedom for talent and lack of pushes for guys like Bryan and Ziggler at all tbh.

Unless you mean, you won't ever get another character flipping off the crowd every week again, yeah, you're right.

That's something the WWE is missing badly IMO. Characters with attitude. Austin himself says WWE's finest days were the Attitude Era and he's right. WWE will always be a shadow of its former self as long as they run with Cena and their PG rating. I know the TV Rating shouldn't matter, it should be all about the storylines and talent but when I mention I still watch WWE to friends they laugh and say it's all PG and horrible now. You know, they're right.

So much pointing at the WM sign today, its like they realised they were getting close so EVERYONE had to make sure if they wanted a match to POINT THE F**K INTO THE SKY!

You can tell Punk is a main event guy cause he has a camera guy or a tripod for his backstage promos. The Shield are still makin' their way up, the gotta hold their own shit. Even if it means getting dangerously close to making out with each other.

If Big Show doesn't turn on his stupid team after they dissed him then there is something wrong.

As soon as Cena came out I knew it was time to squash a jobber because no Dwayne means its just speedbump to WM time, it was just a case of WHO! I said 3MB but then nope but ah close enough.

Is it racist that I noticed a large number of the squashed jobbers were black guys? :lol There were like 4 of them in a row it felt. Then Henry and Bigs showed them how its supposed to go down.

Speaking off, CONGRATS BOOKER T! :D Wooo, dubya cee dubya number 1, n dubya o goin down, 5 times 5 times 5 times! I'm just a Booker T, Booooker Teeeeeeeeee! I'm not your sucka, suckaaaaaaaaa!

I got a swoooooooooord! /scorpion king

HOF WE COMIN FOR YOU *cut to next clip*

I can't believe they actually showed part of that Hogan promo clip lol.

The USA chants during Del Rio's shit was hilarious. I really don't care about any of these hero faces, they're so boring and just win all the time. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

For some reason (I think because it means I'm less angry) I prefer Cesaro not being on TV instead of jobbing to forced super heroes. Thats a really sad fact.

Miz couldn't win the US belt after all that feud so he gives up and goes off to try the IC one but then oh nar can't win that one either!

Cody and Kaitlyn need to work things out, only one of the Bellas are worth missing out of true love for!

Random, a wild AJ appears. *skips* I'm having flashbacks to last year.

Am I upset 2 of my fav wrestlers are going to be in the ring at the same time at WM? Not as such, D-Bry and Ziggler will be awesome but I'd prefer them just to have a singles match. Ah well will still be great I think, I'm just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sick of Kane and stuff and I want D-Bry back into singles competition.

How this affects Dolph cashing in I have no idea, I'm still guessing the night after WM but it would be cool to do it at WM.

I joked to my GF it'll be a Bra and Panties or Stephanie on a pole match then Heyman mentioned Steph I was like yes!! :D But in the end I was just like meh whatever, I really don't care about this match or his zomg career shit, makes me think he'll lose now, surely not by going out a bitch again though?

HHH looked really odd beating him up Heyman, like undressing him then just lightly slap hitting him. :\

All I could think was Bork and his feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMFaiZs2JAI

WWE Title Match:
The Rock vs. John Cena (Crowd could very intersting)
World Title Match:
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger
The Undertaker vs. C.M. Punk
No Holds Barred Match:
Triple H must retire if he loses.
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
WWE Tag Team Title Match:
Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston
The Shield vs. The Big Show, Randy Orton & Sheamus
Ryback vs. Mark Henry
Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Everything in bold is the only shit I have an ounce of hype for. It's possible the crowd can shit all over the main event. Brock is the only reason to follow WWE(when he's on at least lol). IF this retirement angle plays through it would be kinda cool to see HHH last match. The only downside would be 50 HHH career video packages and 45 min farewell speeches on RAW, Main Event, SD!, AND Saturday Slam. Sheild is 3 for 3. they always deliver don't see that changing. And for some odd reason I'm really looking forward to Henry/Ryback. But mainly to see Ryback break his neck when he botches his finisher.

On paper this really is a good card. Safe as fuck but good. But these god awful RAW's aren't helping at all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oh no! HHH's "career" is on the line!

What does that even mean? He only wrestles like twice a year. Are they claiming Brock is going after his COO job?

hertog

Man after I quit for a while, I hoped things would be better in between the rumble (lol cena wins :( ) and WM.

I was so wrong, the only worthwhile angle started because Paul Bearer died.....

Oh yea, forgot to mention:

FAN DAN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I love his stuff, I'm just gonna enjoy it.... up until the inevitable squash to Ryberg.

Ithil

I'm kinda expecting them to keep implying that Big Show is untrustworthy and will probably turn on his team, only for him to stay loyal an Orton turns on them instead at WM.

I think next year, I really am going to make an effort to try and visit Japan next year. Save up and watch some wrestling and take in the sights.

I find it crazy that they fed Kojima to Goldberg like that, he got pretty much nothing in the way of offence. The fans were clearly crazy for Kojima at that point - he was one of the most popular guys in New Japan and one half of the most popular tag team in the country, then he jumped ship with Mutoh to All Japan and was an instant fan-favourite, but it took them a good 3 years before they saw him as more than just a tag wrestler. I could understand having Bill demolish a guy as popular as Kojima if it had some sort of pay-off, but Goldberg came in, squashed two guys who'd be the tag champs a couple of months later, tagged with Mutoh at the Tokyo Dome and then left.

Striker

This was a PG-era Steve Austin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DV0RHVteLs

Great match at the PPV, too.

Difference is now they have all these sponsors and other corners they don't want to go over the line with, so they're more touchy than ever. Another difference of that PG and now is they were okay with showing blood at times and did not put a heavy pre-scripted dosage on promos like they do now, which at times some come off as infomercials.

I find it crazy that they fed Kojima to Goldberg like that, he got pretty much nothing in the way of offence. The fans were clearly crazy for Kojima at that point - he was one of the most popular guys in New Japan and one half of the most popular tag team in the country, then he jumped ship with Mutoh to All Japan and was an instant fan-favourite, but it took them a good 3 years before they saw him as more than just a tag wrestler. I could understand having Bill demolish a guy as popular as Kojima if it had some sort of pay-off, but Goldberg came in, squashed two guys who'd be the tag champs a couple of months later, tagged with Mutoh at the Tokyo Dome and then left.

dat WWE money.

i think that the smart thing to do, had he stayed in Japan, was turn him heel and have him run over the japanese faces, like Vader did in the early 90's.

Goldberg's moveset was easy to translate into puro (as these matches show) and i don't think it would take him long to adapt.

UberTag

Random, a wild AJ appears. *skips* I'm having flashbacks to last year.

Am I upset 2 of my fav wrestlers are going to be in the ring at the same time at WM? Not as such, D-Bry and Ziggler will be awesome but I'd prefer them just to have a singles match. Ah well will still be great I think, I'm just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sick of Kane and stuff and I want D-Bry back into singles competition.

How this affects Dolph cashing in I have no idea, I'm still guessing the night after WM but it would be cool to do it at WM.
First off, Dolph looks like an idiot not cashing in his briefcase preemptively to main event WrestleMania and challenging for the tag titles instead.

I do like the idea of AJ costing D.Brine a title for the 2nd consecutive Mania by kissing him. We could have the Hell No blow off match between Kane and D.Brine at Extreme Rules and then D.Brine can enter into a world title program against Ziggles (who will have cashed in by this point) and AJ.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I remember being devastated when I was younger and my friend made me watch the Stern episode where Stacy was talking about fucking David Flair. 11 year old me was never the same again. I still love you Stacy!

Aiii

So not worth it
First off, Dolph looks like an idiot not cashing in his briefcase preemptively to main event WrestleMania and challenging for the tag titles instead.

I do like the idea of AJ costing D.Brine a title for the 2nd consecutive Mania by kissing him. We could have the Hell No blow off match between Kane and D.Brine at Extreme Rules and then D.Brine can enter into a world title program against Ziggles (who will have cashed in by this point) and AJ.

That would be a nice way to book things. As long as they start using these guys in a meaningful feud again I'm good.

I remember being devastated when I was younger and my friend made me watch the Stern episode where Stacy was talking about fucking David Flair. 11 year old me was never the same again. I still love you Stacy!

I bet they did it to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hlO_1JGTww

i think that the smart thing to do, had he stayed in Japan, was turn him heel and have him run over the japanese faces, like Vader did in the early 90's.

Goldberg's moveset was easy to translate into puro (as these matches show) and i don't think it would take him long to adapt.

Definitely, the guy could have been a huge monster heel in Japan and the pay-off for whoever finally got to beat him would have been huge. Those two matches you posted were both real fun, but I wonder if All Japan thought they'd have him around for a little longer than they did - seems to me that if they knew he was only ever going to be a part-time attraction leading into the big Tokyo Dome show, they'd want him to at least make some of their guys look good in defeat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I tells ya, Goldberg REALLY owns his entrance.

Also I need to know is Laserfrog is interested in doing a brief voiceover.

Anth0ny

And that's still higher then the number of matches she's gotten to wrestle on RAW.

They've got, right now
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Antonio Cesaro
Brock Lesnar
Chris Jericho
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
Mark Henry
PTP
AJ
Wade Barrett
Sheamus

And then in developmental they have

Kassius Ohno
El Generico
PAC
Bray Wyatt
Corey Graves
Paige
Emma
and a number of indie talents just got tryouts last month, with some of them very likely to get contracts

I'd say the roster is pretty great right now in terms of sheer talent, given those lists are less than half of their actual roster. They have plenty of solid talents as well.

It's definitely not a worse roster than the one they had in 99.

It goes to show how fucking AWFUL the writing and booking is today, and how great and compelling it was in 99 and during the Attitude Era.

Omega

Banned
i still don't understand how Chris Hero isn't in WWE

instead Bo fuckin Dallas gets pushed up to give A Ry and Tatsu another not-even-good-enough to be a jobber to talk to

Slizeezyc

Let's play who gets cheered at WrestleMania:

The Rock vs. John Cena ---------- though both will get boo'd

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger ----- Ricardo will get cheers though

The Undertaker vs. C.M. Punk ----- toughest one to call I think, should be close

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar ------ but it's close

Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston ----- Wild card is that New York area loves Dolph

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango ---- Seems like the only given "face" win here.

Even by smark standards, I think heels will rule the day more than usual this year. I could see a situation where not one face gets cheered more than the heel. Has that ever happened?

jmdajr

The Undertaker vs. C.M. Punk ----- toughest one to call I think, should be close

Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston ----- Wild card is that New York area loves Dolph

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Even by smark standards, I think heels will rule the day more than usual this year. I could see a situation where not one face gets cheered more than the heel. Has that ever happened?

Well they had those WWE ECW PPVS. I don't think any WWE talent got cheered. Well, maybe ex-ecw guys.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

is this the WM card? jesus... who is this Fandango guy? Big Show is a face now?

Top Bottom