• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Soup Bar

I think if wrestling was always good I wouldn't like it. I need my goofy stupid shit like half the time. Also I lurked during the Midnight Wrestlegaf era/week/night. The bad fan art is great. Haters stop hating.

Ithil

RAW_1034_Photo_045.jpg

I've sorely missed in ring pyro and effects for entrances.

Penguin

I forgot ESPN covered WWE now.. and weren't kind to Raw at alll

Wrestlemania is less than three weeks away and we had another no-show from WWE champ The Rock; a crowd that has so turned on Alberto Del Rio that they were actually chanting “USA” while the supposed heel Jack Swagger was beating him down and welcoming him to Jack Swagger’s America; and a promo in which, instead of John Cena going all ether on The Rock for not showing up (again!), he instead traded pointless jabs with the Primetime Players before burying Darren Young and making one of WWE’s most promising young tag teams look like noncontending fools.

Maybe instead of a Top Ten, this week I should’ve done a bottom ten. I swear it would’ve been easier.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/19817/wwe-power-rankings-wheres-the-rock

Soup Bar

I almost want Cena to win the title so the title is on Raw every week, not once a month. However with Rock not at Raw for a few weeks, Cena has nothing to do, which means he's hardly on the show. So it's a double edged sword.

jmdajr

I almost want Cena to win the title so the title is on Raw every week, not once a month. However with Rock not at Raw for a few weeks, Cena has nothing to do, which means he's hardly on the show. So it's a double edged sword.

The Cena shit was so damn random last night.

this isn't too far from the truth

2013-03-06-wrestlemania-promo.jpg

but before that....
2012-03-16-hazards.jpg

Cagey

Banned
I like the champ (whoever it may be at a given time) not being on every RAW, and I love the champ not wrestling on every (or even most) RAWs. He's the champ. The fuck he gotta prove? Other guys should be competing to earn a match with him.

jmdajr

I like the champ (whoever it may be at a given time) not being on every RAW, and I love the champ not wrestling on every (or even most) RAWs. He's the champ. The fuck he gotta prove? Other guys should be competing to earn a match with him.

Old school Hulk Hogan dude! For real, at one point it wasn't an issue. And hey, the champ isn't on any other show but RAW.

Ithil

Probably because there's supposed to be a WM headlining feud going on right now. It's not just between random PPVs where the champion is the guy everyone is shooting for as a pedestal.

jmdajr

Probably because there's supposed to be a WM headlining feud going on right now. It's not just between random PPVs where the champion is the guy everyone is shooting for as a pedestal.

I'm not sure there is anything left worth saying. Outside of some actual physical altercation, what else can they do?

I'd love for Cena to attack Rock at the G.I.JOE premiere, but that be like... cool.

The Davey Richards & Kevin Steen shoot interview was pretty good - the bit with both guys discussing the beef they had with each other earlier in the year was kinda awkward, you could see Davey was really uncomfortable talking about it in front of camera, but luckily that only took up 15 minutes or so. They got into their feelings about ROH over the past few years, discussed the differences between the three bookers who have held the reins since Gabe was fired and talk about the state of the product today. We get some great stories from both guys time in IWA-MS and PWG and they talk a lot about Nigel's documentary and how it affected their thoughts on blading in wrestling. Also, Davey reveals exactly what happened with New Japan - he says he was told he'd be given a Jr. Heavyweight title reign, which is a huge deal for a guy not contracted to NJPW, so quit paramedic school and flew out there, only to find plans had changed and they wanted him to put over Devitt instead, so Davey told them he'd never work for them again. Good stuff overall, clocking in at about 2 hours, 45 minutes. The extras are a bit light though, with a great Davey vs Steen match in PWG and Davey & Steen vs DojoBros vs Great Outdoors from the recent PWX iPPV (which this shoot was filmed right before).

You can get the shoot over at www.highspots.com

Also, the PWG match included has pretty much the perfect example of Davey putting too much behind his suicide dive, lol;

iMbQk5ZGi3zmZ.gif

Ithil

I'm not sure there is anything left worth saying. Outside of some actual physical altercation, what else can they do?

I'd love for Cena to attack Rock at the G.I.JOE premiere, but that be like... cool.

Not have a match that has no story to tell? Other than the imaginary one the video packages try to sell.

The point of a PPV is to make money, but that doesn't mean your main event of WM needs to be such a blatant cash grab. It's a straight Vince McMahon "make me money now forget about tomorrow who cares money now now now" match. How many WM main event matches are that cynical?

Kaladin

Ouch.....get out of the way of a suicide dive people, have you never been to an indie show/seen a Davey Richards match before?

jmdajr

Not have a match that has no story to tell? Other than the imaginary one the video packages try to sell.

The point of a PPV is to make money, but that doesn't mean your main event of WM needs to be such a blatant cash grab. It's a straight Vince McMahon "make me money now forget about tomorrow who cares money now now now" match. How many WM main event matches are that cynical?

I don't know what to tell ya man.

Hey, I can't remember why Hogan faced Sid at Wrestlemania 8. No title involved, I don't even know what their beef was.

Cagey

Banned

I agree that it's a problem in this particular instance, but the main problem is that The Rock is squaring off against John Cena, and there's no storyline beyond RESPECT and (fake) REDEMPTION. Those two delivering promos every week leading up to WM29 wouldn't move any narrative forward because the WWE is hell-bent on a milquetoast "the match sells itself" feud, and thus neither wrestler has anything to do.

If they could let these two hate each other on screen, then I'd be more interested in the weekly installments of Rock/Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Ugh, I'm about to hit the Fake Razor and Diesel stuff. JR hyped they were coming back, then the next week said his mentioning of it on TV created a snag in negotiations. The next week, Gorilla comes on and says Hall and Nash are not coming back, that JR is misleading the fans, and he's sorry if the fans feel hoodwinked. JR throws his head seat down and storms to the back, but comes back later in the show still made at the accusations. I believe next week he'll bring out Razor and Diesel.

Kaladin

Ugh, I'm about to hit the Fake Razor and Diesel stuff. JR hyped they were coming back, then the next week said his mentioning of it on TV created a snag in negotiations. The next week, Gorilla comes on and says Hall and Nash are not coming back, that JR is misleading the fans, and he's sorry if the fans feel hoodwinked. JR throws his head seat down and storms to the back, but comes back later in the show still made at the accusations. I believe next week he'll bring out Razor and Diesel.

I remember this actually, I think it was the next week. I think that was a period I started watching Nitro more than Raw.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know what to tell ya man.

Hey, I can't remember why Hogan faced Sid at Wrestlemania 9. No title involved, I don't even know what their beef was.

I think it was over Sid being mad that reporters stopped asking him questions at the WM press conference when Hulk announced his possible retirement..

jmdajr

I think it was over Sid being mad that reporters stopped asking him questions at the WM press conference when Hulk announced his possible retirement..

Getting flash backs. Didn't Hogan get picked to fight for the world title, but Sid was pissed about it?

somedevil

Some Wrestlinge Newz:

There has been some talk of having Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns go over Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show at WrestleMania 29, leading to the long-awaited Orton heel turn.

- Another big heel turn in the works may be Kofi Kingston.

- The Divas match at WrestleMania 29 may end up being eight-Divas action The Bella Twins, Layla and Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn, Cameron, Naomi and TV personality Maria Menounos.

Also, Average Raw Viewership was 4.26 Million down 560,000 compared to last week. The big winner was the Heat vs Celtics Game on TNT.

Omega

Banned
Have the Shield win, turn Randy. Fine by me.

No idea what heel Kofi would do.
maybe that koficlock.jpg wont be accurate

Shield has to win. unless Boreton/Big Shoe are considered better than SSJ4 Gogeta/Ryback

edit - i can see it now. after dolph cashes in, Kofi attacks him and says he's tired of jobbing to him. AJ tries to distract him, but Kofi delivers a Trouble in Paradise

makes no sense, which means its good enough for Vince

Kaladin

- The Divas match at WrestleMania 29 may end up being eight-Divas action The Bella Twins, Layla and Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn, Cameron, Naomi and TV personality Maria Menounos.

Another Wrestlemania match with a part timer......good job Vince. Wrestlemania has gone from a platform to create legends to a platform for former wrestlers and current celebrities to get another big payday.

TNA One Night Only: World Cup Taping Results (SPOILERS)
The show was a series of matches between four teams of five, with the top two teams facing off in a five on five elimination tag team match to crown the World Cup winner. The teams were:

- Team USA
James Storm
Kenny King
Christopher Daniels
Kazarian
Mickie James

- Team UK
Magnus
Rockstar Spud
Douglas Williams
Rob Terry
Hannah Blossom

- Team International
Judas Mesias
Sonjay Dutt
Petey Williams
Funaki
Lei'D Tapa

- Team Aces and 8s
Mr. Anderson
Wes Brisco
D.O.C.
Knox
Ivelisse Vélez

* Magnus defeated Mr. Anderson.
* Kenny King defeated Sonjay Dutt
* Lei'D Tapa defeated Hannah Blossom
* D.O.C. & Knox defeated Funaki & Petey Williams
* Wes Brisco defeated Rockstar Spud
* Kazarian & Christopher Daniels defeated Douglas Williams & Rob Terry
* Ivelisse Vélez defeated Mickie James
* James Storm defeated Judas Mesias
* Team USA defeated Team Ace and Eights

There was also an Xplosion match taped before the main event: Hernandez defeated Jesse w/ Tara

TNA One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2 Results (SPOILERS)
All rules are supposedly "No DQ."

-ODB defeated Jackie Moore in a Hardcore Knockouts Match

-LAX defeated The New Church (Slash and Sinn)

-Bad Influence defeated Generation Me in a Tag Team Ladder Match. Described as an amazing match.

-Shark Boy won a Hardcore Gauntlet Match where every man entered with a weapon. Other participants were: Devon Storm (Crowbar), Little Guido (Nunzio), Crimson, Sam Shaw, Funaki, Johnny Swinger, Gunner and 2 Cold Scorpio.

-James Storm, Magnus and Bob "Hardcore" Holly defeated the Aces and 8's (Doc, Knux, Wes Brisco) in a Six-Man Elimination Match.

-Joseph Park defeated Judas Mesias in a "Monster's Ball Match." Mesias was accompanied by Father James Mitchell. Park bled towards the end, which allowed him to snap into "Abyss-mode" and win the match.

-Jeff Hardy and Brother Runt defeated Team 3D in a Tag Team Tables Match.

fuck all of you Young Bucks vs Bad Influence sounds amazing

Alucard

Banned
Bully Ray getting disciplined for having the following fan interaction caught on tape at last week's Impact:

""Sit down, faggot. Yeah… [inaudible for a second]. What are you gonna do? You ain't gonna do a damn thing. You got punked in your own frickin' town. I'm punkin' you out in front of [Bully leans to the side, looks at who's sitting next to the fan, and says], I'm gonna say your daughter. You got punked! You invented fags, you fag. You should've did something already, you should've did something already, but you ain't doing nothing'. I'm punking you in front of your hometown. You frickin' queer. You shave your frickin' chest."

Bully then walked away. Various Aces & Eights cohorts, including Mr. Anderson and Knox, made gestures to the fan as they walked by him. Knox had a few additional words.

---------

More here: http://bls.uieblender.com/iphone/ar...52091&modelid=947&activityid=83&snum=2&user=1

This is the definition of "too far," even for a heel.

strobogo

Banned
What a weird show, not only did it have JR's SHOOT HEEL TURN, which revealed that Vince was the owner and kind of a dickbag, but that JR was responsible for sending all of those dudes to WCW and bringing the WCW mid card to the WWF. Then he brought out Fake Razor.

It also had Double J EXPOSED, by proving that he lip synced his song performance in 1995. And lastly, TAZ invaded and got a WE WANT TAZ chant going. So weird.

'

Top Bottom