• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Penguin

How WWE Will Monetize The Network & The Break-Even Point:

"Sure. So on the first part, continuing on with our core products, we're going to keep them fully distributed. We think that's a great platform for a network. And we think there's a lot of value as those shows come up for renewal. Our four biggest contracts will be renewed over the next three years. We think that's a great opportunity for us because of the value we deliver. Then to the network, we said we're going to take our pay-per-views. We're one of the preeminent pay-per-view providers today and our pay-per-views are priced anywhere between $49.95 and $59.95 today and we're going to make that the core of a value proposition with a lot of other new content and put it on a premium network so that our fans can subscribe. We said the price will be somewhere between $12.99 or $14.99, to be determined as we go to market but we think that's a real great opportunity. And to your question about breakeven, about a million subscribers because the pay-per-view buyers will migrate over to the network. That's our belief. About a million subscribers, we breakeven at 2 million, it's a really good business; at 3 million to 4 million, for us it's transformative."

Will WWE's Pay-Per-View Business Eventually Go Away?

"We believe over time. We believe the value proposition will be much more powerful to subscribe to a network at $12.99 to $14.99, 24/7, you have the pay-per-views, a lot of great content, our library, a lot of retrospective programming that we're doing that's testing really, really well, we're producing it right now so over time, I think the pay-per-view does go away."

Honestly, 15 bucks a month for the monthly PPV on top of a lot of old content. Would be a steal to me

Played on TEW 2013

August 2001

========
WCW News
========

- Feelers have been sent out to Shawn Michaels, Macho Man Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan. However, there are no real indications that WCW would know where/how to use them within their current structure. However, rumor has it that Michaels, Savage & Hogan turned down WCW's contracts as they didn't believe WCW was big enough for them.
- WCW's Saturday Night on F/X has gained an extra half hour for the remainder of it's contract. It's hoped the extra half hour will allow for more cruiserweight matches.
- Several WCW wrestlers have been given new gimmicks. It's thought this is the final 'chance' for them to be used and become useful.
- WCW has adopted a new recruitment policy. Only the top teir stars will be given Written Contracts, with the remainder of the wrestlers given pay per appearance deals. It's thought it'll make it easier to fire those not performing, while protecting the top stars from being poached. It will also allow wrestlers on the undercard to work for indy promotions (with the view it'll help them improve their ability and exposure).
- It's believed that WCW Management are unhappy with the performance of Don Callis in the role of CEO of Media Ventures Group. However, they're going to allow him to continue for the forseeable future.
- There is currently one long term storyline running in WCW, which is scheduled for a payoff at Starrcade. However, at present time it's one of the weaker storylines on the show - 'Who Owns WCW'. It's thought that Eric Bischoff and Don Callis will 'recruit' wrestlers to represent their claims on WCW, with the overall winner at Starrcade becoming the UNDISPUTED owner of WCW. Hopefully it'll be the last 'power struggle' storyline for a while.
- The morale in the WCW locker room is slowly improving. Several 'bad characters' have been fired, or released over the last few months. However, the major issues currently facing morale in the locker room is lack of exposure on TV for some stars.
- WCW had signed Rob Van Damm to an exclusive PPA contract several months ago, and were waiting to debut him as part of the recruitment in the 'Who Owns WCW' war that is evolving. HOwever, RVD has agreed to go on tour with FMW instead, and is due to leave WCW for Japan in several days.

- WCW's major storylines at the moment continue to be Scott Steiner & Bill Goldberg; The Boooker T #1 Contenders Tournament; with the WCW Tag Titles and US Title fitting well in the midcard. However, the 'Who Owns WCW' storyline is stell faltering with little to no interest from fans.

- The 2 biggest stars in WCW right now are Bill Goldberg & Booker T. In the teir below are DDP, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, Scott Steiner & Sting, of which only Scott Steiner has appeared on TV regularly and wrestled.

- It's thought WCW's budget is ~$8m, which would see them losing ~$250k a month.
- WCW continues to lose overall popularity across North America, as attendances to shows decrease. However, this isn't so much a direct refelction on WCW right now, but a mixture of the WCW being off the screens for several months, as 2 years of 'crazy' before that. Currently WCW has no real momentum or stars.

Any requests for updates on other areas of the game?

Kaladin

Is that with a real world mod, is there a good one of those out there now? When I first tried to play TEW 2013, all the fake feds and wrestlers kind of put me off a bit......that and the learning curve with the interface.

Is that with a real world mod, is there a good one of those out there now? When I first tried to play TEW 2013, all the fake feds and wrestlers kind of put me off a bit......that and the learning curve with the interface.

Yeah, there's a few decent real world mods out there, but most of them will probably require personal adjustments here and there.

Aiii

So not worth it
I should really start working on the Photoshop for the Mania OP, but I can't remember who the WWE champ is. I think it was some movie star or something.

Ithil

Kofi was a heel before he came to WWE if I recall. Maybe it'll do something for him. It's not like he can get any lower, he's fully enhancement talent now.

I feel like Kofi has one of the best actual "out of nowhere" finishers on the roster. Who else has good ones?

Kofi - Trouble in Paradise
D.Brine - Patty LaBell Lock

Uh...trying to think of someone besides Orton. Maybe the Bro Kick?

strobogo

Banned
I feel like Kofi has one of the best actual "out of nowhere" finishers on the roster. Who else has good ones?

Kofi - Trouble in Paradise
D.Brine - Patty LaBell Lock

Uh...trying to think of someone besides Orton. Maybe the Bro Kick?

The problem I have with out of nowhere finishers is that it makes no sense why guys don't do them right away. Like Big Show. He does SO many punches or chops through out the match. Why wouldn't he just punch a dude in the face while he's doing his SSSSHHHH chop in the corner?

The problem I have with out of nowhere finishers is that it makes no sense why guys don't do them right away. Like Big Show. He does SO many punches or chops through out the match. Why wouldn't he just punch a dude in the face while he's doing his SSSSHHHH chop in the corner?

Sometimes having a finisher with a long or convoluted setup is worse. See: Christian's Unprettier/Killswitch. Ryback's marching also counts.

strobogo

Banned
I just would like for the guys with out of nowhere finishers to actually end a fairly signficant match early once in a while. "Out of nowhere after 15 minutes" isn't the same as a surprise RKO 6 minutes into a match.

tumblr_mjzve1x22k1rs5sldo1_500.png

MVP-aboo

somedevil

Does the name Sammy Sane mean anything to you guys? because a beloved Indie star who just debuted on house shows was just called that tonight in a dark match at the new NXT tapings going on right now ole!

Honestly, 15 bucks a month for the monthly PPV on top of a lot of old content. Would be a steal to me

As much a wrestling network would be kick ass to all us wrestling fans I just don't see a million people in the U.S. wanting to get this. The E does at most between 200,000 - 275,000 for the B ppv's. Rumble, Summer Slam, and Survivor Series might max out at 350,000 if Rock or Brock are on them. Classic on demand a service that is available world wide at it's peak had 80,000 subscribers. The numbers are below 10,000 now and the E doesn't even give a specific number in stock updates. Even at $15 a month I can't see more than 400,000 people getting the channel when it debuts. If Vince was smart he would put the channel on the internet. That way the E collects all of the money instead of the extremely low % they would get for a cable channel and the total investment they would have to make is way lower.

edit.

Kanyon vs WWE Universe

Featuring WUB WUB and another special song.

Amazing my man La Parka approved

gfhfj_zps82cb4bc0.gif

strobogo

Banned
They need to set it up like Netflix and put it online, phones, tablets, and game consoles. Fucking stupid to make it an actual network when people are dropping cable daily.

Kaladin

They need to set it up like Netflix and put it online, phones, tablets, and game consoles. Fucking stupid to make it an actual network when people are dropping cable daily.

I dropped cable about a month ago. I don't miss it a bit.

SiriusXM Radio
Netflix
Hulu

Those three services give me what I need. Add in Amazon Instant Video rentals for newer stuff and I'm good.

UberTag

While it's long overdue to have the talent trained in characterizations based on bullet points instead of rigid scripting, I'd also like to see WWE devote resources to training their guys in improvisational theatre & comedy. You can explore plenty of avenues with character depth while still keeping things PG and family-friendly. Improv training is essential.

Kaladin

In my excitement of buying a plane ticket to Chicago for a music festival where I actually want to see all of the bands playing I totally forgot TNA was on tonight.

Ithil

Neat news from tonight's NXT tapings (for April)

One of the episode will be Clash of the Champions themed, with every title on the line. Matches so far include Antonio Cesaro vs. Adrian Neville for the US title, Big E Langston vs BRAD MADDOX for the NXT title and...Kaitlyn vs AJ for the Divas title.

If that's not a HHH idea, I don't know what is.

Neat news from tonight's NXT tapings (for April)

One of the episode will be Clash of the Champions themed, with every title on the line. Matches so far include Antonio Cesaro vs. Adrian Neville for the US title, Big E Langston vs BRAD MADDOX for the NXT title and...Kaitlyn vs AJ for the Divas title.

One month of Hulu plus coming up

somedevil

Also for those tapings for the crazy dancing Emma fans:

There was what appeared to be an Emma promo with her doing a Harlem Shake video, where everyone was her.

Amazing gimmick.

Top Bottom