• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Alucard

Banned
Makes sense. He's getting his re-match. That was a really good TV match. That suicide dive by Joe to knock down all three opponents was really impressive.

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys, when did this Scum faction form in ROH? Watching the last TV episode on the ROH site. Really strong opening with Nigel in the middle of the ring with the rest of the company. Good stuff.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Hey guys, when did this Scum faction form in ROH? Watching the last TV episode on the ROH site. Really strong opening with Nigel in the middle of the ring with the rest of the company. Good stuff.

SCUM started a few months ago..now it's just been blown up with random dudes.

Alucard

Banned
SCUM started a few months ago..now it's just been blown up with random dudes.

Is the opinion of it pretty favorable at this point by smarks? I dig it based on this short TV episode I'm watching.

HOLY SHIT. American Wolves tag match to start the show was phenomenal. So much original offense, high octane action, and a DEVASTATING finisher. You'll never see a match like that to open up Raw.

jobber

Is the opinion of it pretty favorable at this point by smarks? I dig it based on this short TV episode I'm watching.

HOLY SHIT. American Wolves tag match to start the show was phenomenal. So much original offense, high octane action, and a DEVASTATING finisher. You'll never see a match like that to open up Raw.

smarks don't like anything involving Matt Hardy...Steen is the guy the smarks like and it looks like he might be separated from SCUM.

jobber

If it's a good story, I'll bite. Does the group have a clear motivation for their actions?

Anti-front office crew.

It started with Steen vs. Jim Cornette and evolved after that. I guess now it's just a bunch of guys that are tired of being held back.

the peak was Steen ripping a giant Cornette face from the crowd then spat on it.

Kaladin

299908_10151367192161443_1652477109_n.jpg

NXT Spoilers:

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett b. Bo Dallas with the Bullhammer to retain. Crowd was pro Barrett, chanting “Let’s Go Barrett” and “No More Bo”.

* Emma b. Bayley via submission. Kyle says the crowd is as hot for her as they are with Paige.

PAiUG.gif

tumblr_mghf5wEGln1rt4k5qo3_250.gif

tumblr_mjq1wsm1Tm1rt4k5qo4_250.gif

Mexican Lucha Libre news:

Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero have signed a contract for a "mask vs mask" match this year. CMLL has yet to set a date for the match, but it will probably be in september, on CMLL's 80th anniversary show.

This is big

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, so, Naito needs to come back real soon or something because the Tanahashi/Okada formula has gotten stale. How many times can I see Okada do an elbow drop and a dropkick and Tanahashi do that little neckbreaker and a dragon suplex?

It was fine the first time, but it's getting real generic.
bahgawdisrespect7lx51.gif

I wish WWE could let their heels be this awesome. Course, I can't imagine anyone is able to tell MiSu 'no'

Minoru Suzuki vs Mecha Mummy II

strobogo

Banned
In the latest Botchamania, I didn't realize that Matt Hardy was the fat dude in bad pants with Sabu hair until the 4th or 5th time he showed up. I thought it was a random death match guy. Does he really look that bad or were those clips old?

tm24

Mexican Lucha Libre news:

Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero have signed a contract for a "mask vs mask" match this year. CMLL has yet to set a date for the match, but it will probably be in september, on CMLL's 80th anniversary show.

This is big

Oh man, match where Ultimo Guerrero doesn't go through the motions, that is big news!

Yeah, so, Naito needs to come back real soon or something because the Tanahashi/Okada formula has gotten stale. How many times can I see Okada do an elbow drop and a dropkick and Tanahashi do that little neckbreaker and a dragon suplex?

It was fine the first time, but it's getting real generic.

That's why I don't think Okada's winning the NJ Cup - I can't see them doing Okada/Tanahashi again so soon. And I wouldn't say it's getting stale, it's just that they've had 3 matches in the space of a year. Give it time and I'll be hyped for that match again.

Goto will win (for the 4th time), but this time they really need to pull the trigger on him and let him go over Tanahashi, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.

strobogo said:
Does he really look that bad or were those clips old?

Matt seems to go up and down with his weight - he looked OK when he first showed up in ROH at the end of last year, but seems to have piled the pounds back on in recent months.

Alucard said:
If it's a good story, I'll bite. Does the group have a clear motivation for their actions?

It's all about them wanting to destroy ROH and rebuild it in their image - the group started as Steen, Jacobs & Corino, but they brought in Rhino, Rhett Titus, Matt Hardy, Jimmy Rave & Cliff Compton at the last iPPV, with the idea that these were all guys not given a fair chance by ROH over the years. Steen seems at odds with the group now, as if he's starting to think things have gone too far, so I'd imagine the big pay-off for this is Steen turning face and helping ROH get rid of SCUM.

tm24

God, faction wars might be the real reason i stopped watching ROH for all those years. God that was so...i dont even know anymore.

strobogo

Banned
God, faction wars might be the real reason i stopped watching ROH for all those years. God that was so...i dont even know anymore.

I think that was around the time I checked out, too. I checked out for good when Cabana went to WWE for a week. Things just weren't the same with out Colt. Faction Wars was like Gang Warz for midgets.

Tomorrow, there's TWO awesome iPPVs, should be a great day of wrestling! First up, the Finals of the New Japan Cup;

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP: FINAL", 03/23/13

iPWwU8VgIXzpz.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25 - 18:30 JST | 09:30 GMT | 05:30 EDT | 02:30 PDT

. New Japan Cup FINAL: ??? vs ???
. 8-Man Tag: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & Captain New Japan vs Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi, Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga
. CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun: Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & Jado vs Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer & TAKA Michinoku
. New Japan Cup Semi-Final: Toru Yano vs Kazuchika Okada
. New Japan Cup Semi-Final: Hirooki Goto vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
. Togi Makabe, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI
. Yuji Nagata, Super Strong Machine & BUSHI vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Manabu Nakanishi

Then, later that evening SHINE present their 8th show;

SHINE 8 - 03/23/13

ib0MQYT3Xk3W99.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-03-23-13.html - $9.99 - 23:30 GMT | 19:30 EDT | 16:30 PDT

. SHINE vs Valkyrie: Amazing Kong, Angelina Love, Mia Yim & Christina Von Eerie vs Rain, Ivelisse, Taylor Made & Allysin Kay
. Career vs Respect: Reby Sky vs Jessicka Havoc
. Pick Your Poison - I Quit/Fans Bring the Weapons: Leva Bates vs Kimberly
. Mercedes Martinez vs Nikki Roxx
. Santana vs Sojo Bolt
. Brandi Wine vs Jayme Jameson
. Su Yung vs Brittney Savage
. Nikki St. John vs Luscious Latasha

Yeah, it was pretty damn bad - Gabe obviously had such a hard-on for Dragon Gate, but it didn't really come close in comparison (although there were a bunch of other factors that helped ruin the storyline, like Aries leaving). You can see why the owners didn't want him booking when the got the HDNet deal, coming off the back of such an awful storyline. Shame, really...I would've liked to see what Gabe could've done with a TV show.

XShagrath

NXT taping was seriously good last night! All the spoilers have already been posted, but there were no pure "jobber matches" like there have been in the past, and well worth the money.

One thing that wasn't mentioned was this dude int he crowd had an Emma sign that was a huge cutout of her, and he had strings attached to it so he could move the arms on a pulley system and make the sign do her dance. It was cracking me up all night! I hope it gets on the show, because it was genius!

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT taping was seriously good last night! All the spoilers have already been posted, but there were no pure "jobber matches" like there have been in the past, and well worth the money.

One thing that wasn't mentioned was this dude int he crowd had an Emma sign that was a huge cutout of her, and he had strings attached to it so he could move the arms on a pulley system and make the sign do her dance. It was cracking me up all night! I hope it gets on the show, because it was genius!

We love candid AJ pictures here.

Just saying.

Top Bottom