• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mjyg0tyrvo1s73ckho1_500.png

5375645873_091ff473cf_o.gif

Honest to goodness, ELPRESADOR would make an excellent wrestling promo man or manager. He's seriously wonderful at cutting promos against the Xbox back in the day. He's got natural talent.

I would love to see WrassleGAF cut some promos. I'm sure there are a lot of talented and funny people in this thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to see WrassleGAF cut some promos. I'm sure there are a lot of talented and funny people in this thread.

I'll do it. I have experience after the fourth season of Big Chief Battles where I had trouble with SFxT. Horrible times, I was so mad. The closet-cam with me and my anger...oy vey.

AC2 had shitty gameplay with an interesting story that shits the bed at the end to unforgivable lengths. Climbing buildings and syncing was pretty neat though.

I shudder at the thought of how bad the sequels are, given the fact that they're annualized, and have shitty mini games injected to them for no reason other than to copy popular games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How come it's such a pain to find out what's new on PSN and eShop on Wii U?

On Steam it's RIGHT THERE. 'here's what came out!' on PSN it's like ok navigate through our bullshit and OH MAN MASS EFFECT 3 DIGITAL, ok this interface is slow. ok here we are ok now find new ok i THINK i got it but im still not sure(new psn really sucks)

and on wii u it's like 'is it an adventure game?' and im like fuck dude i just want to see THIS IS WHATS NEW THESE ARE LITERALLY THE NEWEST GAME ON THE PLATFORM. foisdfio

I DONT KNOW WHERE ELSE TO RAGE

tm24

yay, im off to Reseda to catch the first night of PWG's All Star Weekend Night 1! Here's the card for tonight

Number One Contender Guerrilla Warfare Match
Sami Callihan vs. Drake Younger

Tag Team Match
AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol vs. Inner City Machine Guns (Rich Swann & Ricochet)

Singles Match
Roderick Strong vs. Trent?

Tag Team Match
Future Shock (World Champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brain Cage & Michael Elgin)

Singles Match
"Intrepid Traveler" Paul London vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Non-Title Tag Team Match
Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs. The Young Bucks (World Tag Team Champions Matt & Nick Jackson)

Singles Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Lethal

Suck it people!

Classic Match of the Day:

Takako Inoue vs Kyoko Inoue - (AJW 01/24/93)

Good match here as the Inoue's do battle in a classic from one of AJW's Zenjo vs LLPW supershows. They start things off fast and meaningless, until Kyoko's size and strength allow her to take control over her tag partner with some nice mat work. Takako eventually fights back and gets in some good offence of her own, but it isn't until she takes things to the floor that she really ever looks like she has a chance of winning, hitting Kyoko with some nasty-ass suplexes on the concrete. Back in the ring, they kick it up a notch in intensity and take the match home with an excellent, action packed finishing stretch that probably goes a bit overboard, but is super fun nonetheless.

Here's the playlist of classic matches so far;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2j4f3

• Tiger Mask (c) vs Bret Hart - WWF Light Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 02/05/82)
  • Stan Hansen vs Andre the Giant - (NJPW 09/23/81)
  • Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - Real World Tag League FINAL - (AJPW 12/03/93)
  • Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask II (c) vs Stan Hansen & Ted DiBiase - PWF World Tag Team Championship - (AJPW 11/07/87)
  • Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 10/09/95)
  • Aja Kong (c) vs Dynamite Kansai - WWWA Title Match - (AJW 08/25/93)
  • Naoki Sano vs Masakatsu Funaki - (SWS 04/01/91)
  • Koji Kanemoto (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 01/04/96)
  • Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c) - AWA Heavyweight Title & NWA United International Title - (AJPW 02/23/84)
  • Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW 04/14/83)
  • Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs El Samurai - Top of the Super Jr's III FINAL - (NJPW 04/30/92)
  • Genichiro Tenryu vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (WAR 11/27/97)

Also, just under 12 hours until New Japan!

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP: FINAL", 03/23/13

iPWwU8VgIXzpz.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25 - 18:30 JST | 09:30 GMT | 05:30 EDT | 02:30 PDT

. New Japan Cup FINAL: ??? vs ???
. 8-Man Tag: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & Captain New Japan vs Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi, Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga
. CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun: Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & Jado vs Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer & TAKA Michinoku
. New Japan Cup Semi-Final: Toru Yano vs Kazuchika Okada
. New Japan Cup Semi-Final: Hirooki Goto vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
. Togi Makabe, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI
. Yuji Nagata, Super Strong Machine & BUSHI vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Manabu Nakanishi

Plus, Saturday evening;

SHINE 8 - 03/23/13

ib0MQYT3Xk3W99.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-03-23-13.html - $9.99 - 23:30 GMT | 19:30 EDT | 16:30 PDT

. SHINE vs Valkyrie: Amazing Kong, Angelina Love, Mia Yim & Christina Von Eerie vs Rain, Ivelisse, Taylor Made & Allysin Kay
. Career vs Respect: Reby Sky vs Jessicka Havoc
. Pick Your Poison - I Quit/Fans Bring the Weapons: Leva Bates vs Kimberly
. Mercedes Martinez vs Nikki Roxx
. Santana vs Sojo Bolt
. Brandi Wine vs Jayme Jameson
. Su Yung vs Brittney Savage
. Nikki St. John vs Luscious Latasha

Suck it people!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

I'm super looking forward to Sami vs Drake, but I also know I'm going to cringe about a million times as Drake inevitably takes way too many disgusting chairshots.

lelele halfro looks cool man. Good times, promos for fighting games is the best plan

yeah he is real fun to be around. so hype lol

yay, im off to Reseda to catch the first night of PWG's All Star Weekend Night 1! Here's the card for tonight

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match
Future Shock (World Champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brain Cage & Michael Elgin)

Singles Match

Non-Title Tag Team Match
Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs. The Young Bucks (World Tag Team Champions Matt & Nick Jackson)

Singles Match

Suck it people!

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Kaladin

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Non-Title Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Suck it people!

Thats ok, I'm going to see an awesome blues guitar player after I get off work tonight:

http://youtu.be/TA3NPCFGM9o?t=24s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DQHHUgb5oY

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, just under 12 hours until New Japan!

. New Japan Cup Semi-Final: Toru Yano vs Kazuchika Okada
. New Japan Cup Semi-Final: Hirooki Goto vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.

Okada is a lock for this. Yano will NOT get it. Goto will NOT get it. Davey Boy Jr will NOT get it. It's all Okada, and then he'll take the belt handily, and that'll be the end of Tanahashi.

Well...Davey Boy Jr might get it, but he'd lose to Tanahashi no doubt. Then what?

Okada is a lock for this. Yano will NOT get it. Goto will NOT get it. Davey Boy Jr will NOT get it. It's all Okada, and then he'll take the belt handily, and that'll be the end of Tanahashi.

Well...Davey Boy Jr might get it, but he'd lose to Tanahashi no doubt. Then what?

I want to believe, but I'm not sure if they'll do Okada/Tanahashi again this early. If Goto wins it, that'll be the fourth time he's won and if he loses to Tanahashi, the fourth time he's fucked up his shot at the belt. I can't see them letting Davey Boy go through the top two guys in CHAOS, so I'm gonna say Okada wins (which also gives him bragging rights over Shinsuke) and maybe loses to Goto in the finals.

Either way, it should be a fun show (but fuck Yano, seriously).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see it now! Davey Boy Jr wins, then beats Tanahashi for the belt! Suzuki gun living large, but then Tanahashi, disgraced and alone...reaches out...

to CHAOS

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And Tanahashi vs Okada will be as predictable as every last one of their matches. They're pretty much definition of 'if you've seen it once you've seen it a dozen times'

I think that's why MiSu worked so well because he was a veteran and had a different style. Tanahashi HAD to change it up. I don't think Tanahashi's good unless he's got someone to give him ideas and Okada's way too inexperienced for that.

And the Tanahashi/Naito feud was way more interesting because it was face/face. Oh well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And Tanahashi vs Okada will be as predictable as every last one of their matches. They're pretty much definition of 'if you've seen it once you've seen it a dozen times'

I think that's why MiSu worked so well because he was a veteran and had a different style. Tanahashi HAD to change it up. I don't think Tanahashi's good unless he's got someone to give him ideas and Okada's way too inexperienced for that.

And the Tanahashi/Naito feud was way more interesting because it was face/face. Oh well.

I think the only way we'll see Okada vs Tanahashi again is if Okada seals the deal and wins everything. It's the Orton/Cena of 2010.

Heel

I have a feeling Taka Michinoku will be a huge factor in this tournament, perhaps flying down from the rafters like Sting with a black kendo stick.

Don't count Taka Michinoku out, friends. You have no idea how dark he is in his head sometime.

RBH

But you know and I know, that you're only half the man that I am!

And I have half the brain that you do!

Week after week, you try to make me look like a jackass!

It's Tanahashi, they're still great matches, but they're Tanahashi matches - like you said, the Suzuki match was so special because Suzuki made him wrestle to his style and took him out of his comfort zone. I feel like they're stalling for Naito to come back. Perhaps he'll be back in time for this year's G1.

I have a feeling Taka Michinoku will be a huge factor in this tournament, perhaps flying down from the rafters like Sting with a black kendo stick.

Don't count Taka Michinoku out, friends. You have no idea how dark he is in his head sometime.

INDEED!

(TAKA is coming, motherfucker).

Best lyrics ever. "I gonna keeek yo ass!"

Aiii

So not worth it
That's a whole load of "Slut it up!" and shit-all wrestling. Guess AJ's not going after the Divas title any time soon.

Actually, she had a titlematch at NXT last night.

Ya, I know, the long awaited Kaitlyn vs. AJ match happens at NXT.

whats odd about those NXT tapings is one of them is airing after Wrestlemania so both Barret and Kaitlyn are retaining based on NXT. They will probably just skip their entrances if they lose their titles at mania

Watching SD and I really am surprised that Jericho/FAN-DAN-GOOOO seems to really be a thing, I mean sure Raw teased it but yep, it appears to be happening.
I'm not sure how I feel about this, i'm expecting that the token WM squash match might slot in here but that doesn't seem like Jericho's style.

I really wanted Jericho/Barrett, they had two paths of buildup, Jericho being basically the MVP of the IC title in the modern era and also the NXT season 1 link.

Watched PROGRESS Chapter Five 'For Those About to Fight, We Salute You' - probably the best PROGRESS show yet, with a great title match between El Ligero & Dave Mastiff and a freaking awesome main event between The LDRS of the New-School (Party Marty & Zack Sabre Jr) vs The London Riots. Here's a few gifs;

Big Dave Mastiff's Liger Bomb;

i2fm68I1AC49q.gif

Party Marty uses Zack as a weapon;

ibd5F9uknFdMte.gif

Zack broke the dude's nose with this kick;

iboFEsStand7kU.gif

HUGE mid-air spear!

iicuF1dwR0KIN.gif

Sick running STO;

iDkj0xhz5PoyY.gif

WWE jerk face booking strikes again, Miz putting Cesaro in the can't figure it out four leg lock post match just because.
So Cesaro has fallen into the land of no direction, it'll be a crime if he misses the WM card, especially with people like Big E and Fandango likey being on the show.

Dead Man

Watched PROGRESS Chapter Five 'For Those About to Fight, We Salute You' - probably the best PROGRESS show yet, with a great title match between El Ligero & Dave Mastiff and a freaking awesome main event between The LDRS of the New-School (Party Marty & Zack Sabre Jr) vs The London Riots. Here's a few gifs;

Big Dave Mastiff's Liger Bomb;

http://i.minus.com/i2fm68I1AC49q.gif[img]

Party Marty uses Zack as a weapon;

[img]http://i.minus.com/ibd5F9uknFdMte.gif[img]

Zack broke the dude's nose with this kick;

[img]http://i.minus.com/iboFEsStand7kU.gif[img]

HUGE mid-air spear!

[img]http://i.minus.com/iicuF1dwR0KIN.gif[img]

Sick running STO;

[img]http://i.minus.com/iDkj0xhz5PoyY.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I love how into it the ref is.

I enjoy Big E. He's crazy strong and throws guys around like he's Goldberg.

See problem is as soon as he hit Raw and Smackdown where he's actually seen by infinitely more people he's basically just stood around and scowled for like the last three months and sometimes hits people with his apparently brutal finisher where the victim gets a cushy landing on Big E's big old pecs.
I can't say his NXT stuff did much for me either.

I'll give him those odd promo moments though.

strobogo

Banned
If we can get back to AssCreed 3 for a moment, the reason it sucks it because all the "improvements to the engine" just made everything worse. It is clunkier and more awkward than AC1, which is pretty dated. I can't even tell what the improvements were supposed to be, but they made free running a fucking mess where you WILL get stuck on things constantly and you WILL jump in/on/off things constantly that you did not want to. It's also still using a ton of animations from the first game, a lot of which weren't very good even then.

It has a ridiculous amount of slowdown that is unacceptable in a AAA game. You're basically now punished for trying to be stealthy. Being on roofs WILL get you noticed and shot out. Even when there are no guards that should be able to see you. It's quicker and more efficient to just go through the city streets. Except for those guards that will break into open warfare on you even when you're incognito. That happens quite a bit. And don't bother riding a horse. It's actually quicker to just run because your horse gets stuck on EVERYTHING and it will make you rage quit.

The actual story is dull, missions are very repetitive, and worst of all, they don't even really tell you what the missions are a lot of times. There are so many missions that involve you talking to someone and having no idea what you're actually supposed to do, because the character just told you a story instead of mission details. And most of the side quests are "go to the complete opposite side of the map and come back" kind of shit. And the fucking snow? FUCK the snow. I'm not sure why the only thing the game really nailed was how shitty it is to travel in deep snow, but they sure made it fucking unbearable. The Desmond stuff in this game is terrible, his story is terrible, the over all story of the series has become such a stupid mess.

It's just so dull, in story, visuals, game play. The last 3-4 sequences were so rushed that it's embarrassing. The best part of the game is probably the hunting (which has ZERO importance to the story. It's just there to distract you and give you something else to do.) and the Captain Kidd Maps (which also have ZERO to do with the main story). A lot of baaaad voice acting, a good portion of the game is in a language that not even .05% of people in the world have ever heard, and the subtitles are unreadable if you are still rocking a SDTV. It's definitely one of the worst cases of "we need one every year" from a major series that isn't sports related. This game needed at least another 6 months to a year of work. There are full on missing textures scattered all over the game. Like, you're climbing up a mountain to get a stupid feather (which you'll come to find, you don't get dick for getting all of them) and you'll come across a part of the rocks that someone forgot to add in. Or people who disappear while you're looking at them. Or horses that pull their wagons under the ground. Or kill animations that are 6 inches away from someone's head the entire time. It's more buggy and glitchy than the past couple WWE games.

Most of all, it's just not fun. The whole hallmark of the series is fun, and there is no fun to be had.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If we can get back to AssCreed 3 for a moment, the reason it sucks it because all the "improvements to the engine" just made everything worse. It is clunkier and more awkward than AC1, which is pretty dated. I can't even tell what the improvements were supposed to be, but they made free running a fucking mess where you WILL get stuck on things constantly and you WILL jump in/on/off things constantly that you did not want to. It's also still using a ton of animations from the first game, a lot of which weren't very good even then.

It has a ridiculous amount of slowdown that is unacceptable in a AAA game. You're basically now punished for trying to be stealthy. Being on roofs WILL get you noticed and shot out. Even when there are no guards that should be able to see you. It's quicker and more efficient to just go through the city streets. Except for those guards that will break into open warfare on you even when you're incognito. That happens quite a bit. And don't bother riding a horse. It's actually quicker to just run because your horse gets stuck on EVERYTHING and it will make you rage quit.

The actual story is dull, missions are very repetitive, and worst of all, they don't even really tell you what the missions are a lot of times. There are so many missions that involve you talking to someone and having no idea what you're actually supposed to do, because the character just told you a story instead of mission details. And most of the side quests are "go to the complete opposite side of the map and come back" kind of shit. And the fucking snow? FUCK the snow. I'm not sure why the only thing the game really nailed was how shitty it is to travel in deep snow, but they sure made it fucking unbearable. The Desmond stuff in this game is terrible, his story is terrible, the over all story of the series has become such a stupid mess.

It's just so dull, in story, visuals, game play. The last 3-4 sequences were so rushed that it's embarrassing. The best part of the game is probably the hunting (which has ZERO importance to the story. It's just there to distract you and give you something else to do.) and the Captain Kidd Maps (which also have ZERO to do with the main story). A lot of baaaad voice acting, a good portion of the game is in a language that not even .05% of people in the world have ever heard, and the subtitles are unreadable if you are still rocking a SDTV. It's definitely one of the worst cases of "we need one every year" from a major series that isn't sports related. This game needed at least another 6 months to a year of work. There are full on missing textures scattered all over the game. Like, you're climbing up a mountain to get a stupid feather (which you'll come to find, you don't get dick for getting all of them) and you'll come across a part of the rocks that someone forgot to add in. Or people who disappear while you're looking at them. Or horses that pull their wagons under the ground. Or kill animations that are 6 inches away from someone's head the entire time. It's more buggy and glitchy than the past couple WWE games.

Most of all, it's just not fun. The whole hallmark of the series is fun, and there is no fun to be had.

You had framerate issues? I feel for you. Mine stayed a rock solid 60fps. And was gorgeous.

Striker

Rock's gonna have to suck up extra hard to the crowd on Monday to make up for abandoning them like this.

And I'm glad to see this whole thing isn't a huge waste of time and money better spent elsewhere.
They spent $5M on Lesnar to wrestle in two matches. One of which was a loss to Cena that was all but forgotten a week later. When Cena talks about his down year, I don't think he even mentions how he had beaten Lesnar.

If their booking with the talents not named Taker-Rock-Lesnar hasn't been so terrible, I'm sure they wouldn't put themselves in this hole where they heavily rely on the past stars. It's Vince's fault and one day he won't be able to rely on these bigger names to draw him in money.

whats odd about those NXT tapings is one of them is airing after Wrestlemania so both Barret and Kaitlyn are retaining based on NXT. They will probably just skip their entrances if they lose their titles at mania
Really? Damn it.

Miz. :( Why are you still jobbing. Getting tired of them giving him title match after title match, and having him keep losing.

Top Bottom