• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The streak ending with a DQ would not only be incredibly anticlimactic, but would also cause white hot rage heat. Not typical "boo, you're a heel" heat but "BOO THAT SUCKED AND I LEGITIMATELY HATE WHAT JUST HAPPENED AND WON'T FORGET ABOUT IT FOR A LONG TIME" heat. That's not good heat.

that's exactly what happened after Punk won by submission

KissVibes

Banned
Seriously you think with the way WWE has handled these matches, Punk and Undertaker are main eventing Wrestlemania, not Cena and Rock.

They are.

The Streak is a bigger deal than the title or the champion, both of which we haven't seen in weeks and I'm 60% sure he'll flake this weeks Raw too.

If Undertaker plans on losing, Undertaker/Punk will end the show.

Remember a few months ago the writers were told to plan Wrestlemania with Punk ending the show.

Then you point out what Punks said this week on tv....Undertaker can lose by DQ and count out....

How do you raise Punk's heel status? Do a similar ending that happened at the Breaking Point ppv a few years ago....Punk wins by a screw job and in the record books, Punk beat Undertaker by submission.

If Punk wins by DQ or count out to end the streak, people will hate him forever

So they wont do that because I'm sure they want Punk to be a face again at some point.

that's exactly what happened after Punk won by submission

That was just typical complaining, no one even remembers it now. Hell, I had to wiki the PPV to even recall what you were talking about. The Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak is on an entirely different level, and ending like that would be absolutely terrible. That would go past IWC complaining and into "Even marks are foaming at the mouth" territory. You don't end your flagship PPV by screwing with the only prestigious thing left in the company.

Aiii

So not worth it
It would be smart to have Punk and Taker go on last for sure, esp. with this crowd.

Not gonna happen though.

Snaku

Banned
My girlfriend surprised me with WWE tickets for my birthday at the Patriot Center tonight! Been to a few WCW events, and an ECW show before they went out of business. In line now and so excited!

somedevil

It would be smart to have Punk and Taker go on last for sure, esp. with this crowd.

Not gonna happen though.

Nope, show will end with Cena getting booed out of the building with the possibility of trash getting thrown at him.

Also, the Undertaker will dictate how the match will end and he will never accept a bullshit ending for his streak.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My girlfriend surprised me with WWE tickets for my birthday at the Patriot Center tonight! Been to a few WCW events, and an ECW show before they went out of business. In line now and so excited!

Have fun Snaku!

Also LELELEE I will take any bet if anyone thinks Punk will win at Mania vs Taker. MAKE AN OFFER.

You are crazy. Jack Swagger's current music and Zeb are the only good things about Jack Swagger. IE, they could put just about any big guy in that role.

Could you imagine an in his prime Mike Awesome with Zeb doing that gimmick? Fucking powerbombing immigrants and liberals for America

His current music reminds me of Pirate Paul Burchill.

The RAW 100 was decent. The order is completely fucked like usual but still fun to watch. Random interview from Vince Russo, wtf? Is he on the WCW dvds?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
w0EOQyr.jpg

Read the words that are written in my face
Oh I believe them, I believe them

They probably got him to do that pose by putting a mania sign behind the camera.

Not gonna happen though.

The only thing that could get me excited for this show is Punk and Taker going on last as it would make you at least question whether or not Punk has a chance at winning. Taker is not losing mid show. Overall though the matches should be decent depending on the physical condition of HHH, Taker, and Rock, how many restholds are these guys gonna need

Entropia

No One Remembers
If you want a real competitor for Taker, it has to be someone young that has a legitimate shot at beating him, and someone WWE is putting a lot of faith in to be their next big thing. Punk, Henry, Brock are all too old. Henry has like 1-2 years left, Punk has maybe 5, Brock will just show up whenever he wants WWE to give him some money.

You gotta have someone like...Rhodes, Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, Sandow, etc.

The SHINE stream is live, show kicks off in about 10 minutes.

Just watching some AAW while I wait, Samuray Del Sol & Louis Lyndon put on a good opener in the Heritage Title Tournament, Del Sol continues to be amazing;

i3MWdXObxzVeV.gif

If you want a real competitor for Taker, it has to be someone young that has a legitimate shot at beating him, and someone WWE is putting a lot of faith in to be their next big thing. Punk, Henry, Brock are all too old. Henry has like 1-2 years left, Punk has maybe 5, Brock will just show up whenever he wants WWE to give him some money.

Cena will break it 10 more years of Cena at least.

Jamie OD

has the PPV directly after Wrestlemania consistently been the better ppv?

More often than not they've been good, despite being heavy on booking rematches. I wouldn't be surprised if some angles don't end at Mania just so a few matches will be ready for the next PPV.

Kyoufu

Sandow is barely younger than Punk.

SHINE 8 is live, here's the roster photo for this show;

iEdjum87TiiJr.jpg

Kicking things off with Nikki St. John vs Luscious Latasha.

http://www.wwnlive.com

*edit, pretty good undercard so far - highlight was Santana vs Sojo Bolt, good work by both ladies. Santana's shining star press is awesome, she looks like a real star in the making. Jayme Jameson also did well in her match against Brandi Wine, which featured the debut of Malia Hosaka in Brandi's corner.

Leva Bates vs Kimberly was a pretty crazy brawl - Leva was dressed as Bane and did the backbreaker spot. Finish came after Kimberly tied Leva to the ropes and just teed off on her skull with a baking tray, forcing the ref to stop the match. Kimberly & Leva are tied 2-2 now and Leva never said I Quit (lol, Foley/Rock).

Reby Sky vs Jessicka Havoc up next, really looking forward to this one.

True story: if you live in FL and you're a fan of indie wrestling, you cannot escape Chasyn Rance. He's everywhere.....and he sucks.

I've seen him on a few shows here and there, dude's entirely unremarkable. Seems like there's a lot of these guys who don't quite cut it end up opening schools.

Kaladin

I've seen him on a few shows here and there, dude's entirely unremarkable. Seems like there's a lot of these guys who don't quite cut it end up opening schools.

He was all over Full Impact Pro when I went as a member of the YRR...I'll never understand why Gabe likes factions like that and The Scene.

Also, when I went to the Chikara show, they were advertising a random indie event with the main event of him vs Lince Dorado.

zychi

Banned
Cena will break it 10 more years of Cena at least.

thatd be good for the company! young up and comer like cena, who knows, maybe he can start his own streak of never losing. i hear the kids and women are finally getting behind himn and buying his gear. i also hear this cena kid has a similar move set to the great hulk hogan. someone on another forum called his moves the "five moves of doom." which i think is a fatnastic way to keep things simple, but everyone will know exactly what they're talking about

i'm just glad to see such young talent given a chance at winning the wwe title against such a hard worker like the rock. i mean, no one has beaten the rock in years. i think the last time the rock lost a match was before he became a giant movie star, and thats nearly a decade ago! i was glad that belt hogger punk finally lost to the great one at royal rumble! I was tired of seeing actual wrestling. I watch wwe to be entertained, not watch a 60 minute iron man match!

He was all over Full Impact Pro when I went as a member of the YRR...I'll never understand why Gabe likes factions like that and The Scene.

The Scene are pretty bad, which is funny, as I've seen both Caleb Konley and Scott Reed elsewhere and have been impressed with them, but have enjoyed practically nothing of their EVOLVE work.

So there's a special needs guy who ranted on our Facebook page today and apparently he brought rocks to throw at me tonight. Yay small town heeldom.

Top Bottom