• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I'll be joining Laserfrog at Gaming Alchemy for Sunny Sunday Mornings with Sunflower, which will be about 45 minutes, once a week, on Youtube. Rubbin' shoulders with good video folks.

oh god new page:

kHVffJ4.png

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Who should I play through DoR story mode with?

I have "Extreme Championship Wrestler", "Rey Myterio Sr.", and "Juvetud". or I can create someone else

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm playing the game so I can do Triple Power Bombs over and over again and also fuck around and run up and down the stage. Stamina defeats that purpose.

Watching AAW's March 1st show, really liked this spot from Juntai Miller in the Heritage Title Tournament;

ieEWh2wyQ9ywG.gif

Looking forward to the final, as ACH takes on Samuray Del Sol!

Michael Elgin vs Matt Fitchett from the AAW show started off well, with Elgin giving the kid a shot at the belt and they wrestled a nice opening stretch, but once Fitchett started kicking out of some pretty big moves the match got kinda silly. I guess they were trying to make the kid look good while showing how tough Elgin is, but I didn't like it much. I think one thing Elgin really needs to work on is how he structures his matches - less is often more, especially with a guy like Elgin who can instantly wow the crowd with one of his effortless feats of strength. Speaking of which, this one handed tilt-a-whirl backbreaker was pretty neat;

ibp9nfMgem4hpF.gif

The finishing stretch went completely to shit when Fitchett badly botched an SSP and Elgin then gave him time to recover and get in yet more over the top offence;

iKj0t0lOXCSyw.gif

Kaladin

So just announced...

Pro Wrestling Syndicate
Supercard 2013 Night 2
04/05
New Jack vs Necro Butcher (New Jack's Retirement Match)

New Jack's retirement match should be 100% insanity. I'm looking at you Bootaaay.

I just hope he doesn't retire from shoot interviews.

somedevil

The NXt stream only shows the entrances and ends of the matches that were taped. It shows no matches. If you want that you have to get hulu plus for it or wait for the episode to appear online.

edit: Except the Bray Wyatt vs Jericho match.

Classic Match of the Day:

Bob Backlund (c) vs Stan Hansen - WWF Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 09/30/80)

This one starts off in a far more civil manner than you'd expect from a Hansen match, with the big man prefering to try and out-wrestle Backlund, which works surprisingly well for him until Bob's speed and agility come into play. Still Hansen keeps control of the match, working over Backlund's neck. Bob's facial expressions here are excellent, he sells everything so well. Then Backlund escapes by deadlifting Stan freaking Hansen, placing him on the top rope and slaping the taste out of his mouth! Holy shit, Backlund is amazing, the match really gets going now as Stan & Bob just slug it out, but Stan regains control, wrenching nicely on Bob's arm. They take it home with a heated finishing stretch that ends in typical 80's-NJPW title match fashion, but is pretty awesome nonetheless. Amazing running knee strike from Hansen and Backlund sold everything so well the crowd were really into his comebacks. Great stuff.

Here's the playlist of other classic matches so far;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2j4f3

• Tatsumi Fujinami (c) vs Tony Rocco - WWF Light Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 09/11/80)
  • Takako Inoue vs Kyoko Inoue - (AJW 01/24/93)
  • Tiger Mask (c) vs Bret Hart - WWF Light Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 02/05/82)
  • Stan Hansen vs Andre the Giant - (NJPW 09/23/81)
  • Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - Real World Tag League FINAL - (AJPW 12/03/93)
  • Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask II (c) vs Stan Hansen & Ted DiBiase - PWF World Tag Team Championship - (AJPW 11/07/87)
  • Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 10/09/95)
  • Aja Kong (c) vs Dynamite Kansai - WWWA Title Match - (AJW 08/25/93)
  • Naoki Sano vs Masakatsu Funaki - (SWS 04/01/91)
  • Koji Kanemoto (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 01/04/96)
  • Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c) - AWA Heavyweight Title & NWA United International Title - (AJPW 02/23/84)
  • Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW 04/14/83)
  • Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs El Samurai - Top of the Super Jr's III FINAL - (NJPW 04/30/92)
  • Genichiro Tenryu vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (WAR 11/27/97)

I was watching the HBK/Mankind match on youtube and noticed Foley was on a wife swap episode. lol

His wife and daughter are smoking. Felt bad, he can't put on his own socks and wobbles. :(
He needs to contact DDP.

somedevil

I was watching the HBK/Mankind match on youtube and noticed Foley was on a wife swap episode. lol

His wife and daughter are smoking. Felt bad, he can't put on his own socks and wobbles. :(
He needs to contact DDP.

Does DDP have a time machine to warn Mick that taking all those chair shots, crazy bumps and bumps that damage his knees would basically cripple him in the future?

Top Bottom