• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Razorskin

----- ------
Dude that was awesome. I came out with a piece of paper and it went over so well. On my way back rock guy called me a faggot real loud so I guess he's a Bully Ray fan.

x71Rymc.jpg

Dude that was awesome. I came out with a piece of paper and it went over so well. On my way back rock guy called me a faggot real loud so I guess he's a Bully Ray fan.

Glad that my lifetime of wrestling fandom finally came in handy. Next time lecture him him on his close mindedness and lack of respect for his fellow man.

somedevil

All I see is a random pasty-white jobber with a Williamsburg beard.

So weak.

Him keeping the mask can be discussed but he was never going to be EL Generico in the WWE because he would have to give the name rights to WWE and I doubt he would want that.

Uncle AJ

Pretty sure Kevin Nash just walked by me in the hotel I'm staying at in Boston for PAX. Anything I should mention to him if I run into him again?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Kevin Nash just walked by me in the hotel I'm staying at in Boston for PAX. Anything I should mention to him if I run into him again?

"You were the absolute worst dancer in Magic Mike."

It's true, his dancing SUCKED.

strobogo

Banned
I lost my phone somewhere in this house. I have all calls blocked and a one beep text message alert. I don't even care. That phone can go fuck itself. I have SMS and The Wire to watch, and NBA2K13 to play. Fuck you, phone. You suck anyway.

Kaladin

I lost my phone somewhere in this house. I have all calls blocked and a one beep text message alert. I don't even care. That phone can go fuck itself. I have SMS and The Wire to watch, and NBA2K13 to play. Fuck you, phone. You suck anyway.

Swerve, the phone lost you!

RBH

From the Norfolk, VA house show last night:

Kane def Mark Henry by DQ when Henry used a chair on Kane. Looked like the match was cut short due to Henry injuring his leg or knee. Ref gave the X signal during the match and pointed to his knee a few times and then they went straight to the chair finish.

strobogo

Banned
It makes me sad that Mark will probably be hanging it up in a year or two. He's been so awesome for the past few years, but he's been so injury prone.

KissVibes

Banned

strobogo

Banned
Not only did I find a death match tape and ROH Do Or Die on tape, but I also found disc two of Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses, ROH All Star Extravaganza, and ROH The Epic Encounter.

This computer I'll be with for the week isn't very good, but I'm going to try to make gifs and pictures of them!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Good morning everyone! Welcome to the March 23th edition of Saturday Morning Slam!

saturday_slam_votexx_fb1%255B1%255D.jpg

oh god why does this exist

It exists to allow moves like Lady of the Lake to be used in the WWE, and I love it so for that.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu...el-bryan-saturday-morning-slam-10-20-12_sport

It's like watching a wrestling match from the holiday camps of my youth. Bless Bryan for using it, Kidd for being a good sport, and whomever is in charge that isn't Vince for allowing it.

strobogo

Banned
HBK vs Mankind Mind Games: In Your House 1996

Man, this match is still fucking awesome. HBK needed more matches like this during his title run. The fans wouldn't have totally turned on him for Sid if he was having matches like this where he could be athletic, cocky, and bad ass. HBK had a lot of really strong PPV title defenses, but on TV, he was basically turned into John Cena.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

It's just like Kanyon!

strobogo

Banned
The rest of the Foley DVD is too scratched up to really get anything else off of it, so I popped in ROH All Star Extravaganza. God damn, I forgot how TERRIBLE the production was. I'm okay with the clearly edited with Windows Media Player, but I swear they put a handheld camera on the mat, which is not good for watching a wrestling match at all. There is also the horrendous commentary. And fucking Green Lantern Fan front row looking like a douche the whole time.

The rest of the Foley DVD is too scratched up to really get anything else off of it, so I popped in ROH All Star Extravaganza. God damn, I forgot how TERRIBLE the production was. I'm okay with the clearly edited with Windows Media Player, but I swear they put a handheld camera on the mat, which is not good for watching a wrestling match at all. There is also the horrendous commentary. And fucking Green Lantern Fan front row looking like a douche the whole time.

Gabe (or Chris Lovey/Jimmy Bower, whatever he was calling himself at the time) was always god-awful on commentary, his voice is so irritating, although I did like him screaming "DANGEROUS!!" on a big move. Green Lantern Fan is the worst.

ibbhOzfgR6C8q0.gif

I don't remember much about All Star Extravaganza, other than AJ vs Bryan being pretty good, but I really enjoyed Epic Encounter back in the day, need to watch it again to see if Bryan vs London still holds up. Also, that's the show where CM Punk manages to KO himself and BJ Whitmer with some dumb-ass move off the apron, lol.

WWE has released long-time referee Jack Doan. Doan, 40, had worked with the company since October 1991. He was originally hired as a truck driver at age 19 before shortly becoming a full-time referee. He was entering his 22nd year with the company. No word on why he was released. It's believed it's not a random release. It's not typical for random cuts to take place so close to WrestleMania, so many are wondering why Doan got the ax.

Top Bottom