• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Jamie OD

You're a lucky man.

Wrestle Mania weather news. I pity anyone who is coming from someplace warm.

AccuWeather is predicting a 55% chance of rain in the evening. Temperatures throughout the day are estimated to be in the forties.

Uh oh. At least I think my seat is close to some sort of shelter.

strobogo

Banned
If they're going to do it in a place where there is a good chance of rain, colt temps, or snow, they should at least book a retractable dome stadium. If it's nice, leave it open, if not, close it. Booking New York (New Jersey) at the beginning of April is asking for trouble.

Booking New Blood Rising as part of the WCW 2001 Reboot, and suddenly realied that most of my finishes end with interferences or DQs. I feel a little sad.

strobogo

Banned
That's the main problem with TEW games. After a month or two, story lines become really tedious, so you just book cool matches to get RATINGS, and then you've blown through everything you can do and the audience doesn't care any more. You should do 2000 WCW and book it exactly like what was on TV and see what happens.

Also, I'm a good 6 years out of school and there is a teacher I always wanted to bone who was only a few years older than me when I graduated. I kind of still want to go for it. Actually, there are two, but the other one is like 60, but I saw her and she was keeping it together. Why does my penis want these educated YAKS?

rvy

Banned
David Arquette deserves props for showing up to Summerslam last year with The World Heavyweight Championship and it has his name on it.

SLAM12_PHOTO_146.jpg

Are they making a new "The Death of WCW" documentary?

strobogo

Banned
Austin/Rock WMX7 is still the apex of WM promos. If we're talking about actual live promos, Hogan at 4/5 is hard to top, but pretty much everyone at 6 had awesome promos. Warrior's is of course a stand out of insanity.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

A lot, if not most, of indy stuff from the early 2000s doesn't hold up at all, but this match was quite awesome. Most of it was almost amateur style. Not very indyrific at all, which is nice since everything else I saw on the disc was painfully dated.

A lot, if not most, of indy stuff from the early 2000s doesn't hold up at all, but this match was quite awesome. Most of it was almost amateur style. Not very indyrific at all, which is nice since everything else I saw on the disc was painfully dated.

I think that's definitely what made early ROH a success, the fact that they had guys like Danielson, AJ, London, Low Ki, Daniels, etc meant there were always some great matches to rise above the rest of the card - some of those multi-team tag matches with the likes of The SAT, Da Hit Squad, Carnage Crew and Special K are just ridiculous, nonsensical, flippy bullshit. Also, Gabe had such a hard-on for Tommy Dreamer and ECW, I'm really surprised we didn't see more 'ECW Originals' shitting things up in ROH over the years.

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING NIGHT?

YEAH!!

*GRIN*

I SEE MANY HAPPY FACES IN THE CROWD TONIGHT

I COME OUT WEEK IN WEEK OUT FOR YOU GUYS AND I LOVE YOU

I DO THIS FOR YOU

IF YOU STAND WITH ME I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN

I LOVE MY FANS AND I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU

* BIG GRIN*

I WILL BEAT YOU ROCK AND WRESTLEMANIA

*SERIOUS FACE WITH SLIGHT GRIN*

Aiii

So not worth it
HOW IS EVERYONE DOING NIGHT?

YEAH!!

*GRIN*

I SEE MANY HAPPY FACES IN THE CROWD TONIGHT

I COME OUT WEEK IN WEEK OUT FOR YOU GUYS AND I LOVE YOU

I DO THIS FOR YOU

IF YOU STAND WITH ME I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN

I LOVE MY FANS AND I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU

*GRIN*

I WILL BEAT YOU ROCK AND WRESTLEMANIA

*SERIOUS FACE WITH SLIGHT GRIN*

Cena, now going over WrestleMania itself. What a People's Champ.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rain poncho's for all.

Zeb and Swagger can come out and cut a promo on the tens of thousands of Mexicans in the crowd.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just imagine, someone will be right in front of the Statue of Liberty replica so they can't see the ring and freezing rain. Worth full price I'm sure.

Though honestly, 5 hours can't seem that long compared to years gone by of 4 hour Wrestlemanias plus the battle royale and the oh so important Sunday Night Heat put together. I only fell asleep once during that.

strobogo

Banned
The ring and ringside area will for sure be covered so even if it rains or snows, it won't be touched. Not like that one show in the 80s where it started pouring and they kept it going for awhile.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood the appeal to buy a garment for the event itself. I guess I'm weird.

jmdajr

I never understood the appeal to buy a garment for the event itself. I guess I'm weird.

Nah. Not totally weird. It's just hard to imagine wearing it again.

I would get like a shotglass or magnet though. Just put it on the shelf as a keep sake.

I have no Wrestlemnia 17 memorabilia :\
Looking back I should have got something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah. Not totally weird. It's just hard to imagine wearing it again.

Yeah that's the thing. Don't wanna be the dude wearing a ratty, ancient Clash of the Champions XVI t-shirt.

jmdajr

Can you imagine how bad Big Show's chops are going to be? Also, why were Khali's chops edited on SMS? They can't even show chops on it? Lol.

SMS has some strange edits. But I also notice them while watching Dragonball :)

I think you can't show hitting to the head.

jmdajr

Cameras

Handheld digital or film cameras are permitted inside MetLife Stadium as long as their use does not interfere with other guests' enjoyment of the event. Tripods, monopods and cameras with a lens longer than 6" (detachable or non-detachable) will NOT be permitted into stadium. Video cameras and video recording of events at MetLife Stadium are prohibited.

I should measure my lens......

strobogo

Banned
SMS has some strange edits. But I also notice them while watching Dragonball :)

I think you can't show hitting to the head.

They were chest chops in the corner. How are these kids supposed to handle Raw and Smackdown when they aren't allowed to see any violence on Saturday morning? Remember when Brutus Beefcake got busted open and brutalized on Saturday morning?

Entropia

No One Remembers

Cameras

Handheld digital or film cameras are permitted inside MetLife Stadium as long as their use does not interfere with other guests' enjoyment of the event. Tripods, monopods and cameras with a lens longer than 6" (detachable or non-detachable) will NOT be permitted into stadium. Video cameras and video recording of events at MetLife Stadium are prohibited.

I should measure my lens......

Penis length joke, etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wolfpack is back causin' mass destruction
Guess who's here? The Bad Boys of wreslin'
Testin' competition when the war does their mission
Got no mercy
See them race like a streak
If you don't know, you better find out the Wolfpac
Here to prove a point
Number 1, just believe that you don't want to mess with them
I'll be your forward gun
Come in the ring, and then you're never walkin' out again

Don't turn your back on the Wolfpack
You might wind up in a body bag

jmdajr

They were chest chops in the corner. How are these kids supposed to handle Raw and Smackdown when they aren't allowed to see any violence on Saturday morning? Remember when Brutus Beefcake got busted open and brutalized on Saturday morning?

I'm thinking I must have this memory.

Top Bottom