• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wolfpack is back causin' mass destruction
Guess who's here? The Bad Boys of wreslin'
Testin' competition when the war does their mission
Got no mercy
See them race like a streak
If you don't know, you better find out the Wolfpac
Here to prove a point
Number 1, just believe that you don't want to mess with them
I'll be your forward gun
Come in the ring, and then you're never walkin' out again

Don't turn your back on the Wolfpack
You might wind up in a body bag

Man, when you look at lyrics for wrestling themes, they're pretty fucking awful.

Except "Real American".

Brinbe

LxEYgNK.png

LOLLL

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, when you look at lyrics for wrestling themes, they're pretty fucking awful.

Not true:

I'm an ass man
Yeah I'm an ass man (Yeah!)

I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

'Cause I'm an Ass Man
Yeah, I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

So many asses, so little time
Only a tight one, can stop me on the dime
I'm a lover, of every kind
The best surprises always sneak up from behind

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

Buns of glory,
Buns of steel
Your lies won't give away the truth of how I feel

You walk behind me,
I feel the heat.
That's why the girls don't walk behind me down the street

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

izakq

They were chest chops in the corner. How are these kids supposed to handle Raw and Smackdown when they aren't allowed to see any violence on Saturday morning? Remember when Brutus Beefcake got busted open and brutalized on Saturday morning?

Which one was that? The only thing that comes to mind of Brutus getting brutiled is by Stan Hansen's raking his spurs across Brutus' head.

jmdajr

Except "Real American".

no way

My theme song hits, get your reinforcements!
We strike quick with hard kicks, duckin ice picks
Bare-knuckle men through fight pits, beat you
Lifeless
Never survive this! get forget like alzheimer's
Two-face rappers, walk away with four shiners
The raw rhymer, turnin legends to old-timers
My incisor's like a viper, bitin through your
One-liners!
New deadman inc. and we about to make you famous
Takin over earth and still kickin in uranus!
Word life! this is basic thuganomics
This is ba-basic thugamoics
Word life!

jmdajr

Not true:

I'm an ass man
Yeah I'm an ass man (Yeah!)

I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

'Cause I'm an Ass Man
Yeah, I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

So many asses, so little time
Only a tight one, can stop me on the dime
I'm a lover, of every kind
The best surprises always sneak up from behind

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

Buns of glory,
Buns of steel
Your lies won't give away the truth of how I feel

You walk behind me,
I feel the heat.
That's why the girls don't walk behind me down the street

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

These are more amazing than I ever reckoned. This man is not fucking around.
god bless.

strobogo

Banned
Which one was that? The only thing that comes to mind of Brutus getting brutiled is by Stan Hansen's raking his spurs across Brutus' head.

Wasn't Stan Hansen, but I'm pretty sure that happened either on a Saturday or Sunday morning show. I'm sure there will be heaters around the ringside area to keep the guys in the ring warm, but fuck that crowd. It will be in the 30s by the end of the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hasn't seen a single episode of that show. At least I finally Breaking Bad. I can now talk about something else on TV besides Football and Raw!

Don't waste your time with Mad Men, it's a show without personality

In TNA what ever happened to

Abyss
Crimson
Gunner

I remember them being used a lot last year. I watched on Thursday and none were there.

also Jeff Jarrett makes a surprise cameo in the movie Spring Breakers

Kaladin

I'm going to try and list all of the iPPVs happening over WM weekend here.....

Thursday

6 PM - Pro Wrestling Syndicate "Supercard 2013" iPPV from Sportsplex in Metuchen NJ. PWS lineup features: *Big Van Vader as Guest Commissioner
*The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff appearing together for the last time.
*Superstar Graham to appear.
*PWS champion Kevin Matthews vs. Colt Cabana
*PWS Tri-State champ Alex Reynolds vs. Starman
*John Morrison vs "The Pope" Elijah Burke
*PWS Tag Team champs The Phat Pack vs. Black Hollywood vs. South Side Playaz Club with Shelly Martinez & Amber O'Neal vs. D-Struction & Seduction
*Rock N Roll Express vs. The Briscoes
*Trent Barreta vs. Sonjay Dutt
*Dan Maff vs. Kevin Steen
*Davey Richards vs. Anthony Nese
*Hardcore Scramble: Apollyon vs. Devon Moore vs. Lucifer Darksyde vs. Necro Butcher vs. New Jack vs. The Sheik vs. Tommy Dreamer
*??? vs. Simon Dean
30 Man Rumble.
For more on PWS, visit www.ProWrestlingSyndicate.com.

Friday

4 PM - EVOLVE iPPV in Secaucus, NJ as part of Wrestlecon. The EVOLVE event will feature a tournament to crown the first EVOLVE champion:
*Round One: AR Fox vs. Jon Davis.
*Round One: *Rich Swann vs. Samuray del Sol vs. Jigsaw vs. Sam Callihan.
Round Two: *Ricochet (number 2 seed, gets bye through first round) vs. winner of Fox v. Davis.
Round Two: *Chuck Taylor (number 1 seed, gets bye through first round) vs. Four Way winner.
*The remaining winners will face off to crown the first EVOLVE champion. *The Young Bucks against the Super Smash Brothers.
*Brian Kendrick & Johnny Gargano vs. Orange Cassidy & Drew Gulak of The Gentleman's Club
For more on EVOLVE, visit www.DGUSA.tv. For more on Wrestlecon, visit www.Wrestlecon.com.

6 PM - Pro Wrestling Syndicate presents Supercard 2013 Night Two in Metuchen, NJ at the Sportsplex. PWS lineup features:
*Big Van Vader as Guest Commissioner
*Appearances by Bret Hart, Superstar Billy Graham, Tom Prichard
*John Morrison vs. Jushin Liger
PWS champion Kevin Matthews vs. Anthony Nese
*New Jack vs. Necro Butcher
*PWS Tri-State champion Alex Reynolds vs. Trent Barreta
*Hurricane Shane Helms & Starman vs. Chris Chetti & Nova
*Pat Buck vs. Tommy Dreamer
*Matt Hardy vs. Apollyon
*Lance Anoia vs. Sonjay Dutt
*The Drunken Swashbuckler vs. The Sheik vs. Devon Moore vs. Cassidy Riley vs. Micah Taylor vs. Bonesaw
*Also appearing are The Rock N' Roll Express, The Big O, John Silver, Craig Steele, and more.

8 PM Ring of Honor presents their Supercard of Honor 2013 iPPV at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. This event is SOLD OUT. It will feature:
*ROH champion Kevin Steen vs. Jay Briscoe.
*ROH Tag Team champions Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. The American Wolves.
*Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin for future ROH title shot.
*Charlie Haas vs. Shelton Benjamin.
*ACH & Tadarius Thomas vs "God's Gift" Qt Marshall & A Mystery Partner
*Roderick Strong vs. Karl Anderson
*Also scheduled are Mark Briscoe, ROH TV champ Matt Taven, BJ Whitmer, Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander, Steve Corino, Jimmy Jacobs, Adam Cole, Cliff Compton and more.

8 PM (maybe iPPV?) - Combat Zone Wrestling will present a live card as part of Wrestlecon in Secaucus, NJ. CZW's lineup will feature:
*CZW champion Masada vs. "Crazy Monkey" Jun Kasai, representing Big Japan.
*Colt Cabana vs. Greg Excellent.
*Ohio Is 4 Killers' Jake & Dave Crist vs. The Sumerian Death Squad, Tommy End & Michael Dante, representing WXW in Germany.
*The Gulak Campaign will take on The Front in an eight man tag.

11:55 PM - Kaiju Big Battel iPPV in Secaucus, NJ as part of Wrestlecon. Kaiju Big Battel is a modern conflict of epic proportions! Evil villains, menacing alien beasts, and giant, city-crushing monsters threaten to destroy the planet Earth. Who will save the helpless humans from total ruin? The Heroes, of course (and the Heroines too!) A few privileged humans also get in on the action, as they try to contain danger within the three-roped arena of Kaiju Big Battel. Monsters are real, and danger can happen! For more, visit Kaiju.com

Saturday

12 PM - SHIMMER Wrestling iPPV in Secaucus, NJ as part of Wrestlecon. SHIMMER lineup will feature:
*SHIMMER champion Saraya Knight vs. Cheerleader Melissa in a steel cage.
*Ayako Hamada vs. Athena.
*Madison Eagles vs. Jessie McKay.
*Amazing Kong vs. Mia Yim.
*Also scheduled to appear are SHIMMER Tag Team Champions The Canadian Ninjas, Evie, Made in Sin, Rhia O'Reilly, Christina Von Eerie, former WWE Diva Serena Deeb and Mercedes Martinez.
For more on SHIMMER, visit www.SHIMMERWrestling.com.

8 PM - Dragon Gate USA will present Open the Ultimate Gate 2013 on iPPV from Secaucus, NJ as part of Wrestlecon. DGUSA's lineup features:
*DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate champion Johnny Gargano vs. Shingo
*DGUSA Tag champions CIMA & AR Fox vs. The Young Bucks
*Akira Tozawa vs. Ricochet
*Sami Callihan vs. Uhaa Nation
*Brian Kendrick vs. Rich Swann
*Jon Davis vs. Samuray Del Sol
*Chuck Taylor vs. Arik Cannon vs. Jigsaw vs. Tony Nese vs. Fire Ant vs. Shane Strickland in a Freestyle.
*Also appearing are The Super Smash Brothers, EITA, The Scene and more.
For more on DGUSA, visit www.DGUSA.tv.

Sunday

1 PM - Dragon Gate USA presents Mercury Rising 2013 on iPPV from Wrestlecon in Secaucus, NJ with the following lineup:

*DGUSA champion Johnny Gargano & Ricochet & Rich Swann vs. CIMA & EITA & a "secret weapon"
*Shingo vs. Akira Tozawa
*Ladders Are Legal: Matt Jackson vs. Nick Jackson vs. Samuray Del Sol vs. Facade vs. Christina Von Eerie vs. AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation. This will have Fray style entrances. Eliminations via pinfall, submission and DQ. Ladders are legal once everyone is in the ring.
*Brian Kendrick vs. Chuck Taylor
*The Super Smash Brothers vs. Sami Callihan & Arik Cannon
*Also scheduled are Ricochet, AR Fox, Jon Davis, Rich Swann, Uhaa Nation, Christina Von Eerie, EITA, The Scene, Tony Nese and more.

As far as I can tell that is it. I put CZW up there because I honestly can't tell if they're doing iPPV or not.

jmdajr

Usually not that irresponsible but I just bought all these at 25 bucks a pop.

DBZ Kai season 1,2,3,4 (bluray)

516gi0QLsLL._AA160_.jpg
51sFcdOEwbL._AA160_.jpg
51wph2Lfe3L._AA160_.jpg
512Tw%2BPeBZL._AA160_.jpg

I don't expect anyone to understand, but you know how people have comfort food?

These are like comfort toons. Seeing them on Saturday morning reminded me how much I love the show.

Cagey

Banned

516gi0QLsLL._AA160_.jpg
51sFcdOEwbL._AA160_.jpg
51wph2Lfe3L._AA160_.jpg

These are like comfort toons. Seeing them on Saturday morning reminded me how much I love the show.

This is NeoGAF. You damn well knew people would understand.

These are going into the soon-to-buy list of shit I want. Awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn cartoons! Y'all should watch some classic TV crime shows. Like Kojak and Columbo. Or invest in something that'll put more hair on your chest, like Fist of the North Star or Berserk.

Cagey

Banned
I almost bought season 1 at best buy for 50 bucks, so really... I'm getting this at like half off.

I remember discovering DBZ about 5 eps before the initial Cartoon Network allotment ended, so right up until they fought Captain Ginyu. Then the series started over, and I didn't know better, so I kept watching and thinking Raditz came chronologically after Ginyu. For like a week. I was so confused. I watched them loop twice before they finally got permission to air the rest of the Frieza saga. The day they moved past that Ginyu ep was like a holiday. All my neighborhood friends gathered and we watched together haha.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Abyss
Crimson
Gunner

I remember them being used a lot last year. I watched on Thursday and none were there.

Abyss is "gone", but his brother Joseph Park has shown up and is one of the more entertaining guys around.

No clue about the other 2.

jmdajr

Damn cartoons! Y'all should watch some classic TV crime shows. Like Kojak and Columbo. Or invest in something that'll put more hair on your chest, like Fist of the North Star or Berserk.

I have Berserk already, No Fist though. I'm sure it''s bad ass though. Movie was great!

Kaladin

Abyss is "gone", but his brother Joseph Park has shown up and is one of the more entertaining guys around.

No clue about the other 2.

I think they're in OVW, but I'm not 100% sure since TNA's developmental process doesn't get as much attention as WWE's.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I watched Undeclared on Sunday. It was pretty good.

Going through Freaks and Geeks right now, it's alright. I was surprised they're 40 minutes long. The tone of though show is very very different from Undeclared despite the similarities of the cast.

jmdajr

I remember discovering DBZ about 5 eps before the initial Cartoon Network allotment ended, so right up until they fought Captain Ginyu. Then the series started over, and I didn't know better, so I kept watching and thinking Raditz came chronologically after Ginyu. For like a week. I was so confused. I watched them loop twice before they finally got permission to air the rest of the Frieza saga. The day they moved past that Ginyu ep was like a holiday. All my neighborhood friends gathered and we watched together haha.

I would watch them on TV in Mexico where they were released uncut with all the original music and everything. I wish I could get that version.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I've spent far too much money on Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E./Ultimate Musice and it's spin-offs and sequels, but I don't regret it at all. It always reminds me how much I like wrestling for just how silly it actually is and how I used to imagine as a kid with them all being superheroes and super villains.

Abyss
Crimson
Gunner

Gunner is still technically TNA, but he's just been doing his own bookings. NWA affiliates every now and then, and various groups like Deep South Wrestling I've never heard of before. Him and Scott Steiner, still sharing locker rooms together though. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGDWKwSCIAAUXha.jpg:large

Aiii

So not worth it
I would watch them in TV in Mexico where they were released uncut with all the original music and everything. I wish I could get that version.

Did the same, but with the German version.

German voices were alot better too. They even had German versions of Cha-La-Head-Cha-La and We Gotta Power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bXp5Y4uumY

English dub is awful in every way, worse music, worse voice acting, editing. Just awful.

strobogo

Banned
Actually, I'm currently watching the 90s X-MEN cartoon on Netflix.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well most of it held up. It got kind of wonky during the Pheonix Saga and all the space shit, but I think it holds up quite well outside of Storm's voice actor. And all the Mojo episodes. Those were all awful to me. I was also amazed how I remembered Night of the Sentienals beat for beat. I had the tape of that and watched it ALL THE TIME as a youngster.

It's a shame Spiderman doesn't hold up very well, though that shit got batshit in the last season when it introduced a multiverse with Prime Spidey, a 'verse where Peter Parker was Tony Stark and had an Iron Man/Spiderman combo suit, one where he was ManSpider, and one where Spiderman is a comic book character and the Spiderman who helps was actually an actor who portrays Spiderman on a show. The last episode ended with Spiderman meeting Stan Lee and swinging him around NYC.

rvy

Banned

516gi0QLsLL._AA160_.jpg
51sFcdOEwbL._AA160_.jpg
51wph2Lfe3L._AA160_.jpg

*Brofist*

Top Bottom