• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

So everybody going into the HOF are going to interview Cena and Rock

TRISH!!???.....

tumblr_mhdg487oZp1rkhr9eo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhdg487oZp1rkhr9eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhdg487oZp1rkhr9eo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhdg487oZp1rkhr9eo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mhdg487oZp1rkhr9eo2_400.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Wow, they're letting Hitman come out after shitting on HHH a few weeks ago.

<3 Bret, but he looks like he doesn't give two fucks.

Ithil

It's like...this feud is not Rock/Cena, rather it's about the idea of Rock/Cena. There's no feud, there's just talk about how BIG and MASSIVE this match is, but no actual personal feud. It's a feud about the box office and how important WWE says it is.

cryptic

Soap opera writers.
And then half of their storylines are overruled by Vince because he's a genius and knows better.
So they just scrap everything and have the entire midcard trade wins while they line up to job to Cena.
Except when they have mid-card championships. Then they lose non-title matches all the time.

Oh yeah? Well that make's some sense brother.

Man I remember when chris benoit had the ICC championship and it actually mattered.
I hate everyone's face in wrestling today.

Hightower

Banned
I'm actually excited to see Fandango wrestle. Hoping for him and Jericho to put together a head-turning match that will make people say, "Wow, didn't expect that to be that good."

None of these kids know who Dusty is.

It's still Johnny Curtis... and he sucks.

Jericho can work a great match with just about everyone, but he's not a miracle worker

Alucard

Banned
It's like...this feud is not Rock/Cena, rather it's about the idea of Rock/Cena. There's no feud, there's just talk about how BIG and MASSIVE this match is, but no actual personal feud. It's a feud about the box office and how important WWE says it is.

Pretty much. And you'll watch it and like it, GAWDAMMIT.

This is what happens when you have face vs face feuds where secretly you know the audience despises one guy so you can't have him do anything slightly negative.

Ithil

It's still Johnny Curtis... and he sucks.

Jericho can work a great match with just about everyone, but he's not a miracle worker

Curtis is a solid wrestler. Jericho would struggle to make, like, the Miz entertaining, not a solid wrestler with a clear gimmick like Curtis.

UberTag

It's a shame too. Would have been a lot better if they'd just book it as if they hated each other's guts.
Especially seeing how this is the second time they've booked this match for Mania and they ran the exact same build last year.

There was more tension when Dwayne was guest refereeing Miz's title match than there has been for anything the past two Manias.

Alucard

Banned
Does anyone actually "feel" that The Rock is the champion? I don't feel the power of the belt at all. Like it just doesn't belong on him at all. At least with Cena, I'd say he's more relevant in the WWE today.

UberTag

Even WWE Champion The Rock has to come out before John Cena.
Just like every WWE Champion before him. And every WWE Champion after Cena loses the title following his 450+ day reign.
Only Cena main events.
(Except on the rare occasion when Trips wants the limelight.)

ecurbj

God damn at those Trish photos Dark Ninja, Jeebus!

And my boy Bret. My favorite wrestler of ALL time. Philly is quiet now for some reason. I guess bored like me.

Ithil

I said earlier today that they wanted to do the last 5% of a redemption story and not bother with the first 95%, where Cena is completely fine for a year then he's INCREDIBLY TORTURED AND HAS TO WIN THIS MATCH then he wins and...wow, big whoop.

Only it's even worse, they aren't even doing the last 5%. Cena went OHHHH I'M EMOTIONALLY TWEAKED two weeks ago, they made a video package of it, then Cena barely appeared for two weeks, Rock didn't appear at all, now they're doing a boring "Q & A" with some standard Legends where nothing interesting will happen. So they're doing, maybe...2%, Cena says it's a redemption story once, then he wins at WM.

Remember when the show used to be exciting? The thread used to be bustling on Fridays with talks of shattered sternums, how you can't teach heart, and of course DA FLYIN' WALINDAS.

Flyin' Walindas lmao. Good times.

Now I haven't watched Smackdown in like 8 months and probably won't for another 8. And Raw is just zzzzzzzzzzz. I even end up skipping through 90% of Teenay. I think I need a break from both after WM and Slammiversary.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What the fuck? I skipped the last like 30 minutes.... wtf is going on here? Why is this like a roundtable discussion?

WHERE'S MY WRESTLING?!?!

Top Bottom