• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I heard Living Colour is going to be playing Punk out live at Mania! My spending over $1000 for my trip is now totally worth it!

My favorite black metal band besides King's X

EDIT new page:
BrQq0In.jpg

I lol'd reading this in this weeks F4W

Heard a lot of details this week about what's going on with WWE creative in the wake of Eric Pankowski being fired. Pankowski was hired a little over a year ago and had apparently been on thin ice for a while. One person speculated that the straw that broke the camel's back was likely that despite fans coming up with all sorts of ideas about how to lead to an Undertaker vs. CM Punk match, the best Pankowski could come up with was a last-minute announcement of a Raw four-way with the winner getting the match with Taker

Kaladin

CM Punk vs any legend can practically book itself. It's CM Punk, he can work with a broom stick.....and probably has at some point.

... so all those guys they have on Legend contracts, that have like 1000 years of experience between them, and put on some classic matches and feuds in their time... none of those guys help book the shows?

I mean Dusty did/does NXT right? But none of them help with Raw or Smackdown?

DMczaf

... so all those guys they have on Legend contracts, that have like 1000 years of experience between them, and put on some classic matches and feuds in their time... none of those guys help book the shows?

I mean Dusty did/does NXT right? But none of them help with Raw or Smackdown?

We don't need any deadbeat carnies working on real TV. All they know is wrestling storylines, not legit storylines.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be much more interested if they booked In Living Color, but that's okay too.

Keenan Ivory Wayans introduces CM Punk, Anton Jackson with a run-in using a pickle jar during it. Then Handi-Man interferes and Taker wins

Kaladin

I just don't understand why he didn't fire the guy the moment he suggested it rather than actually going through with it.

Because Vince wanted the guy to see how stupid of an idea it was, and have everyone shitting on it, not just himself. Vince likes humiliation.

More from the F4W. I don't like posting a lot from the issues but a lot of us have issues with creative and this is basically the reason why.
currently in creative there is an Executive VP (Stephanie), Senior VP, VP of Creative, various "Head Writers," floating Head Writers (meaning not assigned to a particular show, not that their heads float), Senior Staff Writers, Associate Writers and Writers' Assistants. "They have enough people to field a football team," it was noted. Another person said the corporate structure they are trying to create is very much like the one that WCW had under Ted Turner, which was a disaster (nobody knew who to talk to about anything, among various problems), and that Stephanie herself admits that she knows almost nothing about WCW or its history except for "what she lived through".

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Because Vince wanted the guy to see how stupid of an idea it was, and have everyone shitting on it, not just himself. Vince likes humiliation.
Truly a millionaire who could be a billionaire.
The writers are holding back Vince from creating excellent stories here.
Vince screwed Vince.
Paul Heyman is on your payroll WWE, what more Creative do you need?
They only want him as a mouthpiece for TV.

MC Safety

More from the F4W. I don't like posting a lot from the issues but a lot of us have issues with creative and this is basically the reason why.

I see ads for writers on WWE.com all the time. The job postings specifically state they want to see something like 3-5 years' worth of television writing and producing credits.

Maybe the WWE should be more discerning? Less?

Their producer wants shot. I hope he hasn't been shot, as it's just an expression. Too many things fighting to use the same channel. It's just mush. LEFT/RIGHT AUDIO CHANNELS ARE THERE FOR A REASON!!

So RAW last night was pretty fucking terrible for a show 2 weeks out from mania.

Rock/Cena segment was pretty good and Taker/Punk was ok as well but other then that it was really boring.

How did they nearly go a half hour over for a 3 hour show that nothing happened on?

Stephanie is in completely over her head. Yes she was raised in the company and I'm sure there are many things on the business side she could handle, but she needs to get the fuck away from creative. It's a shame really, because Heyman is still relatively young (only four years older than HHH) and should be running creative at this point of his life.

I’d like to think that maybe this company will better after Vince McMahon is dead. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

jmdajr

So RAW last night was pretty fucking terrible for a show 2 weeks out from mania.

Rock/Cena segment was pretty good and Taker/Punk was ok as well but other then that it was really boring.

How did they nearly go a half hour over for a 3 hour show that nothing happened on?
I have a friend who casually watches wrestling. That means that outside watching it on TV he doesn't keep up with it any other way. Absolutely no internet wrestling community whatsoever. Anyhow he said he loved the show from beginning to end and usually doesn't watch the whole thing ever.

I have a friend who casually watches wrestling. That means that outside watching it on TV he doesn't keep up with it any other way. Absolutely no internet wrestling community whatsoever. Anyhow he said he loved the show from beginning to end and usually doesn't watch the whole thing ever.

Your cat didn't enjoy Raw, and only watched the whole thing because you strapped him down and forced him to.

jmdajr makin' stuff up.

Top Bottom