• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Those Kaitlyn and AJ gifs...

bNmn80w.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rock was never as kitschy as Hulk, though. He's also a much more attractive guy with a much better personality who jumped to movies at the height of his popularity at the height of wrestling popularity. But then he worked his way up doing kids movies for 8 years and people wanted real action stars again, so he got disgustingly jacked and said FUCK YO' KIDS I'M AN ACTION STAR and people were all, fuck yeah, the Rock is finally doing what we thought he was going to do 10 years ago!

Hogan jumping into cheesy action movies while Stallone and Arnold were at their heights was never going to be a big movie star. Rock jumping to action movies as a real fucking man in a period where thin, hairless early 20 year olds is the definition of manliness is a recipe for success. A giant, vascular bad ass is just what action movies have needed for a decade. It's no surprise at all that Rock has hit the heights he's at. What is surprising is that it took him this long to do it.

Pleeeease, Hogan had his share of serious shit and Rock has done his share of kitschy shit. For every Mr. Nanny there's a Tooth Fairy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Rock has been in movies that I've actually enjoyed, which is more than I can say about Hogan.

Are you trying to say that you didn't enjoy Rocky III

Are you trying to say this?

Hogan's movie career isn't even remotely close to being as successful as The Rock though. The Rock's movies, even the shitty ones, make bank.

I'm not trying to suggest he's made more money, just trying to play a really poor Devil's Advocate. Too similar guys, during two totally different eras/times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rock's movies are dogshit, from the beginning of his career to the end, all dogshit.

Walking tall, game plan are really good. other guys was pretty funny.

pain and gain looked pretty good

Fast five is amazing, and fast 6 looks to up the ante

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Scorpion King or Scorpion King 3?

3 had that amazing gif of the dude sliding across the floor on his knees didn't it? If so, 3. Might be Mummy 3 though I honestly can't tell the difference, horrible series.

DMczaf

3 had that amazing gif of the dude sliding across the floor on his knees didn't it? If so, 3. Might be Mummy 3 though I honestly can't tell the difference, horrible series.

That gif is from Mummy Returns

Scorpion King 3 is the one with Bawteestah and Kimbo Slice.

strobogo

Banned
Pleeeease, Hogan had his share of serious shit and Rock has done his share of kitschy shit. For every Mr. Nanny there's a Tooth Fairy.

I didn't mean kitschy as in movie roles, I meant in general persona inside and out of wrestling. Even at the height of Hulkamania, it was pretty acknowledged that Hulk was this cheesy and over the top dude (which is why he was so beloved). I don't think people really ever thought that of Rock. Rock has always been cool. Hulk was more ironic cool even in the 80s.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mean kitschy as in movie roles, I meant in general persona inside and out of wrestling. Even at the height of Hulkamania, it was pretty acknowledged that Hulk was this cheesy and over the top dude (which is why he was so beloved). I don't think people really ever thought that of Rock. Rock has always been cool. Hulk was more ironic cool even in the 80s.

Naw, I gotta disagree, but I'm not saying you're wrong - I think in the 80s Hogan's persona was received earnestly by everyone and not as a slick "cool" thing but as an honest thing.

I heard Living Colour is going to be playing Punk out live at Mania! My spending over $1000 for my trip is now totally worth it!

edit.

Didn't Hogan play a serial killer in a movie?

Top Bottom