• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

WWE needs a real big shake up once WM is over. The company is a mess.

John Cenas heel turn will be the ultimate shake up for that company...

And if he really turns heel the WWE as we know it, will never, and I mean never, EEEEVVVVEERRRR be the same AGAIN.

The heel turn will never happen though :D

Edit: First post in WrassleGAF, thinking about posting some more after lurking for quite some time :)

Haven't done one of these in a while, who's in your current Fave Five?

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. CM Punk
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. Daniel Bryan

I'm not sure why dem boys are fighting each other, but they are.

For most of the 2002 shows Mark was too young to wrestle, so he'd accompany Jay to ringside and take the piss out of Jay when he lost his matches, which eventually led to a feud once Mark could legally compete.

strobogo said:
SAT have the dumbest and most intricate double team moves.

Lol, did they hit the taffy machine? I think that's the one where...shit, I can't even explain it, but it's a ridiculous double-team submission on two guys. SAT were always the absolute shits.

strobogo said:
This Bio-Hazard guy sucks. He's the only TWA guy that never went to TNA or WWE.

He also had a singles match with Dragon on one of the earlier shows - I'd say it's STILL the most worthless Bryan match I've ever seen, and I've seen him wrestle Kamala.

strobogo said:
While I've pretty thoroughly enjoyed Daniel Bryan, I would love for him to be able to do these kind of matches again.

Seriously, he's so good at wrestling that style, Bryan has so many amazing technical matches to his name - I'm pretty much ready for the whole Hell No thing to be over with so he can hopefully get a singles push.

Dagobert Duck said:
Edit: First post in WrassleGAF, thinking about posting some more after lurking for quite some time :)

Nice, welcome :)

jmdajr

And if he really turns heel the WWE as we know it, will never, and I mean never, EEEEVVVVEERRRR be the same AGAIN.

welcome!

strobogo

Banned

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. CM Punk
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. Daniel Bryan

For most of the 2002 shows Mark was too young to wrestle, so he'd accompany Jay to ringside and take the piss out of Jay when he lost his matches, which eventually led to a feud once Mark could legally compete.

Lol, did they hit the taffy machine? I think that's the one where...shit, I can't even explain it, but it's a ridiculous double-team submission on two guys. SAT were always the absolute shits.

He also had a singles match with Dragon on one of the earlier shows - I'd say it's STILL the most worthless Bryan match I've ever seen, and I've seen him wrestle Kamala.

Seriously, he's so good at wrestling that style, Bryan has so many amazing technical matches to his name - I'm pretty much ready for the whole Hell No thing to be over with so he can hopefully get a singles push.

Nice, welcome :)

Dem Parents were there, but they didn't look crazy or anything. I don't think SAT did the Laffy Taffy, according to what wiki lists as the move. They did the SAT Stretch, Boston Crab/Camel Clutch combo with Red doing a drop kick, Maximo Explosion, and some other stupid slide through the legs kind of moves. There was a 5 man basement drop kick at one point that looked ridiculous.

jmdajr

Fav 5....

ummmmmmmmm

1)Punk (best feud going into Mania)
2)Shield dudes X 3 (I like to see them work, so much potential still)
3)Jericho (still putting on great matches after all these years_)

It will be easier to evaluate after Mania really.

Ydahs

I think Curtis can be a pretty big deal if WWE wants him to be. He's certainly an actor and has shown some solid intensity in the ring on both RAW and Smackdown. He has different shades of personality which many wrestlers lack today in the WWE. His work in NXT was also good from what I can remember.

I think the fact that he's going to debut at Wrestlemania against Chris friggin' Jericho is enough reason to suggest that the higher ups see him as a keeper.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Considering how many times Curtis has been given terrible gimmicks, jokes, promos, and just poor matches to get someone else over, like Ryback, it's as much as them seeing something in the man and as much giving dues for all that he's suffered through willingly and without major complaint. He can surely be a great midcarder for quite some time and help a lot of other guys move up if done right.

Though I wish it was the creepy guy who kidnapped Matt Striker in NXT still. Such an amazing story line.

Welcome my fellow fan of the feathered financier. Post more, have fun, don't be afraid to actually talk about what you like in wrestling because this thread needs it sometimes.

What has he been up to?

Good stuff, that's what. Ignore the sound cutting out, that's a rights issue with the music, it comes back for the match itself. This is really just an excuse to repost the New Japan Cup again.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyfrtw_new-japan-cup-2013-final-part-1_sport&start=2416

What has he been up to?

Good stuff, that's what. Ignore the sound cutting out, that's a rights issue with the music, it comes back for the match itself. This is really just an excuse to repost the New Japan Cup again.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyfrtw_new-japan-cup-2013-final-part-1_sport&start=2416

Yeah, this - dude's showing a ton of improvement in New Japan, with some great tag matches against Kojima & Tenzan and Anderson & Goto, but I've been really surprised as just how awesome his singles encounters have been - I'm really looking forward to DBS Jr. vs Nakamura for the IC title at the next PPV, should be an excellent match.

Aiii

So not worth it

We love fresh blood, but please note that you'll be spending the next year jobbing to Sunflower and Bootaaay to pay your dues.

Welcome.

Rock will go heel before Cena does.

Cena Wins WM29
Hollywood Rock reemerges through 2013 (via Satellite)
THRICE IN A LIFETIME
I'm on my wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... wooooooo

jmdajr

Cena fucking sucks whether he's heel or not. Hopefully, he retires after WM.

tumblr_lohqxfdtp81qawqhf_zpsa384cbd9.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm sure they are trying to recreate the Rock/Austin trilogy of Wrestlemania matches with the same "the finale"/"the third part in a three act movie" is the only thing that actually matters. So aye, expect another year of this with a fully fleshed out "this time I REALLY REALLY MEAN THAT I HAVE TO beat you BECAUSE it's all I think about ROCK" a couple of weeks before.

Personally I would be fine with it if they just didn't waste so much time on so little build and constantly recap it on shows other than Raw. Makes it really hard to skip past to the good stuff when so little time is left for the good stuff by the same damn thing. At least with Rock/Austin, which I also skipped past and ignored, I had plenty of other matches and builds to be invested in like ... well okay nothing for WrestleMania XV, but XII and XIX had that TLC and Shane vs Vince and HBK vs Jericho and Lesnar vs Angle.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Rock is locked through Extreme Rules

We already know it's
Brock vs. Rock
for 30 so
Cena makes a deal with Heyman and Heyman sends Brock to help eliminate Rock. Cena wins at Mania and the rematch for Extreme Rules where Brock helps again but injures Rock so Rock doesn't have to be on tv for 9 months

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. CM Punk
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. Daniel Bryan

Still a mark for Punk I see :p

1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Yuji Nagata
4. Karl Anderson (he's been winning me over, last month of his was incredible)
5. Homeless

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Can we just finally get Punk vs Cena in the main event of WM 30? I mean ever since Punk's pipe bomb it's been the feud that makes the most sense, but has been stifled because of WWE's need to have Rock vs Cena every damn year.

Aiii

So not worth it
I know Cena won't turn heel, I know it. Yet, his promo on Monday was very Austin pre-WM17esque. Which is weird.

It would be nice if he turned Heel. But he won't. Still.

Still a mark for Punk I see :p

Yep! I've enjoyed his recent promos and he had a great match against Cena last month. He's carrying this hastily put-together feud with Taker and I'm pretty sure that, regardless of the outcome, Punk vs Taker will be the best match at WrestleMania.

I know Cena won't turn heel, I know it. Yet, his promo on Monday was very Austin pre-WM17esque. Which is weird.

It would be nice if he turned Heel. But he won't. Still.

Rock will turn heel in the course of the match, as he slowly realises he can't defeat The Cena's never say die attitude and odds-overcoming-ability, or something, so he'll cheat to win and retain his title, setting up The Rock vs The Cena III, Thrice in a Lifetime.

My Top 5 is based off of how hard I mark out for them.

1) Kazuchika Okada
2) Antonio Cesaro
3) Daniel Bryan
4) Brian Cage
5) Michael Elgin

honorable mention: Ziggler, AJ Lee

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep! I've enjoyed his recent promos and he had a great match against Cena last month. He's carrying this hastily put-together feud with Taker and I'm pretty sure that, regardless of the outcome, Punk vs Taker will be the best match at WrestleMania.

I'm not worried about Punk, but I am worried about Taker. He's "take-ing" too many chances with his ability, but it's tough for me to definitively say if he'll have an off night since we never see him wrassle anymore.

My Top 5 is based off of how hard I mark out for them.

1) Kazuchika Okada
2) Antonio Cesaro
3) Daniel Bryan
4) Brian Cage
5) Michael Elgin

honorable mention: Ziggler, AJ Lee

Cesaro real talk replaces Homeless on my #5. The only 'domestic' star I enjoy on WWE programming that can hang with the njpw dudes.

Ithil

That leads to an even bigger question, why is
Big E having a match on TV nine days before Wrestlemania when he hasn't had one in the several months he's been there? It's like they were saving him for Mania, and just said "Fuck it" at the last minute. If you saved him for all this time, you save him for nine more days

Turns out it was reported wrong, the match is actually
Daniel Bryan and Kaitlyn vs Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee, accompanied respectively by Kane and Big E Langston

Which makes more sense...I guess? Dunno if they dropped
Cody and Kaitlyn having a thing or not. Seemed like they were starting a slow burn story there but now Kaitlyn's in the Hell No/Team Rocket mix.

He's gotta know this could potentially be his last match, considering the mounting injuries he's had over the past few years, so I'd like to think that he'll go all out, one last time. Better to go out on a classic than as a shadow of your former self.

He's been hurt the last two or three times, but he went absolutely all out anyway. He's that kind that will go the extra mile at WM, regardless of how it might hurt him later on. Like the WM27 match against HHH, they seriously beat the shit out of each other, since it was WM and Taker wants to have the MOTN every time now if its his only match every year. I think he's succeeded at the last 4 WMs (though the last two were more because of weak cards).

He knows his limitations, and Punk is a versatile worker, they'll put together a great match, I'm sure. That or one of the undercard matches will be MOTN, I expect.

I'm not worried about Punk, but I am worried about Taker. He's "take-ing" too many chances with his ability, but it's tough for me to definitively say if he'll have an off night since we never see him wrassle anymore.

He's gotta know this could potentially be his last match, considering the mounting injuries he's had over the past few years, so I'd like to think that he'll go all out, one last time. Better to go out on a classic than as a shadow of your former self.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That's my concern - he could leave like George Costanza did, on a high note - or chance it with something that ISN'T one of the best matches. I definitely am interested in the match even though the conclusion is already determined, and any of you saying "well Punk might win if..."

nope

Christ, I hope it's not a trilogy. They have 10 damn PPVs to settle it out. I'll be all for Rock/Cena III at Summerslam. For the love of god just don't stretch it out till next year. I'm still considering going to WM30, but that will be a deal breaker.

rvy

Banned
Can we just finally get Punk vs Cena in the main event of WM 30? I mean ever since Punk's pipe bomb it's been the feud that makes the most sense, but has been stifled because of WWE's need to have Rock vs Cena every damn year.

Makes too much sense. Vince dying storyline in 2 months.

Ithil

Christ, I hope it's not a trilogy. They have 10 damn PPVs to settle it out. I'll be all for Rock/Cena III at Summerslam. For the love of god just don't stretch it out till next year. I'm still considering going to WM30, but that will be a deal breaker.

Ever since HBK/Taker II, WWE seems to feel every big match has to have a WM rematch. They just forget that HBK/Taker II actually had a story and a long build.

McNei1y

Ever since HBK/Taker II, WWE seems to feel every big match has to have a WM rematch. They just forget that HBK/Taker II actually had a story and a long build.

Put yourself in Cena's shoes. Having to wait an entire year before finally getting the rematch because you really need to beat the opponent is sort of a storyline.

Ithil

Put yourself in Cena's shoes. Having to wait an entire year before finally getting the rematch because you really need to beat the opponent is sort of a storyline.

Well it would have helped if Cena had actually ever mentioned that he lost. He didn't mention a thing about the match from April 2nd 2012 to about February 2013. He also never once actually tried to get a rematch, he just sort of fell into it (the stars just happened to align like that). He won the Rumble while Punk was still champ, just looking for a WWE title shot, and played no part in Punk/Rock. He only suddenly seemed to care so damn much about his loss when he basically stumbled into a rematch through no intention of his own. Weak, wishy washy storytelling. How am I supposed to buy that this match is "everything" to him?

At least HBK for his rematch spent like 4/5 months trying everything possible to maneuver Taker into a WM rematch.

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. CM Punk
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. Daniel Bryan

1. Okada
2. Nakamura
3. Devitt
4. Dave Boy Jr
5. Bully Ray

I'm a big fan of a number of WWE guys (especially D Bryan, Del Rio, Cesaro, Cody and Mark Henry) but Lesnar's the only one that would come close to my top 5. Raw sucks and their misuse of talent is criminal.

strobogo

Banned
Well it would have helped if Cena had actually ever mentioned that he lost. He didn't mention a thing about the match from April 2nd 2012 to about February 2013. He also never once actually tried to get a rematch, he just sort of fell into it (the stars just happened to align like that). He won the Rumble while Punk was still champ, just looking for a WWE title shot, and played no part in Punk/Rock. He only suddenly seemed to care so damn much about his loss when he basically stumbled into a rematch through no intention of his own. Weak, wishy washy storytelling. How am I supposed to buy that this match is "everything" to him?

At least HBK for his rematch spent like 4/5 months trying everything possible to maneuver Taker into a WM rematch.

Would you say it was written in the stars?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1. Okada
2. Nakamura
3. Devitt
4. Dave Boy Jr
5. Bully Ray

I'm a big fan of a number of WWE guys (especially D Bryan, Del Rio, Cesaro, Cody and Mark Henry) but Lesnar's the only one that would come close to my top 5. Raw sucks and their misuse of talent is criminal.

I like all of those WWE dudes, a lot, but yeah. WWE is misusing their best dudes.

McNei1y

hahah yeah I was joking though. It's such a stupid reason to put the two together. I'm sure there's more people against this rematch than there are for it.

Bootaaay, did you watch the new Chikara shows yet?

No, Bioshock Infinite is getting in the way - I'll probably watch them tonight.

Pretty exciting:

Yeah, should be a great show, there's a lot to look forward to - Tanahashi vs Okada, Nakamura vs Davey Boy Jr, Nagata & Goto vs Laughter7, Suzuki getting revenge on Yano, Makabe and the returning Tomoaki Honma vs Masata Tanaka & Yujiro, Time Splitters vs Apollo 55, etc.

jmdajr

The Rock appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America" this morning, Wednesday, March 27th, and did not promote WWE, Wrestlemania, or the fact he was the top champion in the company.

The Rock also appeared on "Live! With Kelly and Michael" on ABC today and plugged Wrestlemania 29 and his match with John Cena

dat inconsistency.

Top Bottom