• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

RBH

WWE star C.M. Punk is reseting expectations for his match with The Undertaker at WrestleMania after Taker wrestled Match of the Year contenders the past four years with Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

"Everyone is expecting me to try to top the Shawn Michaels matches," Punk told Mark Madden on Pittsburgh radio station 105.9 the X promoting WrestleMania. "But that's not my goal. My goal is to make this the best that the situation allows me to make it. There's a chance it could be better than those matches, but that's not my goal. This isn't one of those 'workrate matches.'"

"I like my pro wrestling when it's pissed off and angry. I don't like it when it's just two dudes going out there and, ya know, just wrestling. I made him mad, I got under his skin, and I got under his skin," Punk said about the angle building to the match. "Hopefully it's going to be emotional and psychological."

Punk noted he's angry about not being in the final match at WrestleMania and he's frustrated by part-time wrestlers coming in for big paydays, which fuels him to keep pushing forward on the year-round schedule. But, he acknowledged it could lead to burn-out.

"I'm the only guy who says this - ya know, Miz will go out there and be like, 'It's great having these guys back!' and blah blah blah because I truly believe he thinks he has to say that," Punk said. "The honest reality of it is you bust your ass for 365 days a year and there's other people who come in and they don't work as hard, but maybe get paid the same amount of money. So, me as a businessman, it just makes me look at it and go, 'Okay, that's the deal I need to get. I need to get the deal where I work 15 dates a year.' You know what I mean? It makes me work harder, but, dammit, it's going to burn me out."
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_69549.shtml

Omega

Banned
Dedication. Do you happen to have the Metal Gear Saga dvd's that try to explain the whole fuckery of the story?

MGS3 > MGS4 > Twin Snakes > MGS1 > the rest of the shit.

I like the Ac!d games by the way. I think I'm one of the few.
dude seriously

this list is poop. mgs4 in no way is better than mgs1, and twin snakes is an inferior remake

i'd put 1 > 3, but 3 >1 is acceptable

Ultratech

*google searches*
fW52i40.gif

GOD DAMN

You had me curious...

And you were right.

GOD DAMN.
farooq-wwe-damn.gif

Rock did good.

strobogo

Banned
This Benoit shoot comp is fascinating. Kanyon talking about mental illnesses and what it can make you do makes me sad. Why was Sandman doing a shoot clearly drunk/stoned with no shirt on with his young son? Some of the people RF asked about it are ridiculous. Jim Powers? Bunkhouse Bunk (who was wearing his duster!)? Virgil?

This Benoit shoot comp is fascinating. Kanyon talking about mental illnesses and what it can make you do makes me sad. Why was Sandman doing a shoot clearly drunk/stoned with no shirt on with his young son? Some of the people RF asked about it are ridiculous. Jim Powers? Bunkhouse Bunk (who was wearing his duster!)? Virgil?

Just wait for the grand finale lol.

strobogo

Banned
What the fuck. HTM claiming maybe it was just a sex thing since Nancy was into that kind of shit. And then saying that he's wanted to kill some bitches, too. Trever Murdoch saying something similar, and almost everyone rationalizing it is so weird. "Well, I think if I..." Actually, New Jack is saying he doesn't give a fuck what Nancy did, and HTM is "WELL YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT BUTTONS SHE PUSHED". What the fuck, Honky. New Jack is the fucking rational one in the room?

Also, I can't believe no one has had all these shoot dudes arrested for exploiting a clearly mentally ill Iron Sheik over and over and over.

strobogo

Banned
I've never liked HTM. As a kid, I thought he was fucking garbage. As an adult, there are a ton of guys from that era that I realized were awesome. HTM is worse to me as an adult. And to know that he's such a colossal dick head justifies my life long thoughts.

What the fuck. HTM claiming maybe it was just a sex thing since Nancy was into that kind of shit. And then saying that he's wanted to kill some bitches, too. Trever Murdoch saying something similar, and almost everyone rationalizing it is so weird. "Well, I think if I..." Actually, New Jack is saying he doesn't give a fuck what Nancy did, and HTM is "WELL YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT BUTTONS SHE PUSHED". What the fuck, Honky. New Jack is the fucking rational one in the room?

Also, I can't believe no one has had all these shoot dudes arrested for exploiting a clearly mentally ill Iron Sheik over and over and over.

I remember the early discussion was that the people that knew both Benoit and Nancy well legitimately had no clue which one of them killed the other. It seemed they were a powder keg ready to go at any moment. I'm sure having a child with mental issues only exasperated things.

strobogo

Banned
I remember the early discussions all blamed Nancy for killing the kid, then Benoit killed her and himself because no way could awesome wrestler Chris Benoit do any of that.

strobogo

Banned
He's like the Alex Jones of wrestling. HE HAS THE DOCUMENTS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! What a crazy dude. Holy fuck, he had a child in 2009?!?

mooooose

I do kinda doubt it went down as black and white as what it seems but yeah, Benoit definitely killed them. It was definitely massively grey and Benoit was riddled with problems. Daniel (and no child) deserves to die, but like many in the documentary said, it's easy to see what Benoit was thinking if he left Daniel to live without his parents.

I agree most with DDP.

Honky Tonk Man is a fucking lunatic.

Sheiky baby is obviously an act. He has appeared on WWE acting completely normal. He clearly does it for $$$. And it's awesome.

New Jack was... passionate. I agreed with him too. As much as DDP. I see both sides.

I also do kind of feel for Snitsky.He was so passionate in his disbelief that it rubbed off on me. I do hold a slimmer of curiousity that it wasn't actually Chris or Nancy, or that something else happened entirely and forced Chris or Nancy to what happened.

Whoever the fuck that last guy was... he was the GOAT. That story is ridiculous and probably what actually happened.

It was an ok doc. Way too long and only a handful of opinions really said much.

jred2k

He's like the Alex Jones of wrestling. HE HAS THE DOCUMENTS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! What a crazy dude. Holy fuck, he had a child in 2009?!?

At Least most conspiracy theorists can pretend to have some super secret government files. Billy Jack was waving around People magazine like it had ALL THE ANSWERS!

strobogo

Banned
I do kinda doubt it went down as black and white as what it seems but yeah, Benoit definitely killed them. It was definitely massively grey and Benoit was riddled with problems. Daniel (and no child) deserves to die, but like many in the documentary said, it's easy to see what Benoit was thinking if he left Daniel to live without his parents.

I agree most with DDP.

Honky Tonk Man is a fucking lunatic.

Sheiky baby is obviously an act. He has appeared on WWE acting completely normal. He clearly does it for $$$. And it's awesome.

New Jack was... passionate. I agreed with him too. As much as DDP. I see both sides.

I also do kind of feel for Snitsky.He was so passionate in his disbelief that it rubbed off on me. I do hold a slimmer of curiousity that it wasn't actually Chris or Nancy, or that something else happened entirely and forced Chris or Nancy to what happened.

Whoever the fuck that last guy was... he was the GOAT. That story is ridiculous and probably what actually happened.

It was an ok doc. Way too long and only a handful of opinions really said much.

Billy Jack Haynes. Best known for his feud with Hercules over who was more juiced up and who had the better full nelson. Fucking maniac. I don't even think that was his craziest shoot. I seem to remember one with him wearing a leather vest with no shirt rambling about how Vince ruined his life because he was molested as a kid and was a drug mule or some shit. It was next level bonkers.

dude seriously

this list is poop. mgs4 in no way is better than mgs1, and twin snakes is an inferior remake

i'd put 1 > 3, but 3 >1 is acceptable
They're all dogshit. I guess it depends on what you're basing it on though. I have the most playtime on MGS2, by a hefty margin, so I was tempted to put it first, but opted not to. Twin Snakes was updated and played better....what's not to like?

They're all dogshit. I guess it depends on what you're basing it on though. I have the most playtime on MGS2, by a hefty margin, so I was tempted to put it first, but opted not to. Twin Snakes was updated and played better....what's not to like?

The only legitimate criticism is that Twin Snakes had the MGS2 aiming which made things easier. I loved it though. I loved the entire thing. I can never go back to the PS1 version.

Omega

Banned
i think all remakes/remasters are bad by default.

i recently played both for the first time and the original felt better. could just be bias

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Weird going from a thread about the outrage of atmosphere models hired for a party and how some "not human" unless they are fiercly against it, to this page involving crazed interviews over Chris Benoit and reactions to a female model.

So I need something a bit more normal. Like a locker room death match.
http://youtu.be/qtZVIsfGRH4?t=48s

Hoarr

Neo Member
I always thought those Benoit conspiracy theories were all tongue in cheek or just poor jokes -- I actually read a dude on Tumblr that was serious about the whole thing being planned by Kevin Sullivan.

Insannnne. Also, here's this:

tumblr_mkctls8KmZ1qzx70zo1_500.png

KissVibes

Banned
I always thought those Benoit conspiracy theories were all tongue in cheek or just poor jokes -- I actually read a dude on Tumblr that was serious about the whole thing being planned by Kevin Sullivan.

Insannnne.

YEAH. I follow a lot of wrasslin' Tumblrs (Hey DropToeHold!), mainly people who are also pursuing a life in indie wrestling and SO MANY OF THEM are passing around this fucking petittion to have THE FBI REOPEN THE CASE and look at the FACTS that Kevin Sullivan did it.

Aiii

So not worth it
YEAH. I follow a lot of wrasslin' Tumblrs (Hey DropToeHold!), mainly people who are also pursuing a life in indie wrestling and SO MANY OF THEM are passing around this fucking petittion to have THE FBI REOPEN THE CASE and look at the FACTS that Kevin Sullivan did it.

tumblr_mhi6psFO7k1rqx5igo1_500.gif

Hoarr

Neo Member

Yup. Blows my mind.

Also, thanks for following Drop ToeHold! Let me dump all of these here:

tumblr_miyrblBOxy1qzx70zo1_500.png

tumblr_mjjq535tdY1qzx70zo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_miyowe4tGw1qzx70zo1_500.png

tumblr_mkaqt1ZI761qzx70zo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_miyqhu9PYW1qzx70zo1_r1_500.png

Top Bottom