• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

The WORST is hearing Demolition come out to generic heel music. They created that song, how could they lose the rights to it? And why is it okay to use certain guys' songs on some releases, but not on others? I don't get it, but I know I was really dismayed when Ax and Smash came out to generic 2000s metal.

The really dumb ones were when the event just happened and they didn't pay for the dvd music rights. Wrestlemania ones HHH Metallica entrance, ECW One Night Stand Sandman entrance. I understand not paying for the rights for a weekly show but the one shots that are planned to be released especially Wrestlemania should remain intact.

Ithil

The really dumb ones were when the event just happened and they didn't pay for the dvd music rights. Wrestlemania ones HHH Metallica entrance, ECW One Night Stand Sandman entrance. I understand not paying for the rights for a weekly show but the one shots that are planned to be released especially Wrestlemania should remain intact.

Let's never forget Undertaker coming out to Katy Perry's E.T. (thanks to G-Fex's wrestling streams for permanently embedding that song in my mind).

Let's never forget Undertaker coming out to Katy Perry's E.T. (thanks to G-Fex's wrestling streams for permanently embedding that song in my mind).

That was for Wrestlemania on NBC though. They just fast forward through alot of stuff using "current" music. They do them every year. The one cool thing about those is sometimes they show the video packages they would show at the end of mania that they stopped doing for like 5 years now. I was always amazed at how fast they would put them together

Heres the one for last year that was only shown before a dark match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm2GR78kfwE

strobogo

Banned
You'd think more people would be excited about WMX7 and the possibility of WCW coming over to the WWF. I mean, it's Austin vs Rock, people! This is the biggest match of all time! You have all the ECW guys that could be joining the WWF soon, too. Rhino and RVD against Jericho and Benoit! Steve Corino could feud with The Undertaker over Limp Bizkit. What if Goldberg shows up at WM and spears Austin?

TheBear

So I'm going to Japan in a few weeks and the only show I can attend is an AJPW show in Tokyo. Here's the card:

AJPW Pro-Wrestling Love In Ryogoku 2013 ~ Basic & Dynamic

All Asia Tag Team Title Match
Junior Stars (Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka) (c) vs. Burning (Atsushi Aoki & Kotaro Suzuki)

AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs. Kaz Hayashi

Singles Match
KAI vs. Seiya Sanada

Tag Team Match
Don Frye & Keiji Muto vs. Masayuki Kono & Yoshihiro Takayama

AJPW World Tag Team Title Match
Get Wild (Manabu Soya & Takao Omori) (c) vs. Burning (Go Shiozaki & Jun Akiyama)

Triple Crown Title Match
Masakatsu Funaki (c) vs. Suwama

DON FRYE

This is gonna be awesome.

Ultratech

She was Sofia cortez on FCW/NXT

As seen here:

5088590b.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I remember the deal being changed to something like "if you change your avs now in early Feb, you can change back in March, or you can wait and do it for the whole month of March. I think most agreed to the first deal.

Yeah, I thought it was until the 1st too - maybe I'm just too eager to get rid of Big Paul.

redmetal86 said:
Ivelisse Velez?!

....never heard of her, but wow!

Did she do well? I knew she was getting a Gut Check on Impact and have been really impressed with the few appearances she made in SHINE wrestling since leaving the WWE - really like this leaping DDT she does through the ropes;

ilWTlrB0ug1Ya.gif

Did she do well? I knew she was getting a Gut Check on Impact and have been really impressed with the few appearances she made in SHINE wrestling since leaving the WWE - really like this leaping DDT she does through the ropes

Gut check happening right now.

thefro

Barbarian's niece is a pretty good worker too considering she's only been trained for a couple years... has the size to be a monster heel in the Knockouts division.

TheBear

Would this DDT show be worth checking out?

DDT “JUDGEMENT 2013”, 20/03/2013
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

0. Dark Match: Daichi Kazato & Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Gota Ihashi & Tetsuya Endo
1. Kazuki Hirata Comeback Match: KUDO Vs Kazuki Hirata
2. Kizaemon Saiga Wrestling Debut: Kota Ibushi & Kizaemon Saiga Vs Yasu Urano & FUMA
3. High School Career Will Challenge The Legend!: Tatsumi Fujinami Vs Konosuke Takeshita
4. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Antonio Honda, Daisuke Sasaki & Yuji Hino (c) Vs Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Gabaiji-chan
5. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract Battle Royal:Sanshiro Takagi Vs MIKAMI Vs Masa Takanashi Vs Michael Nakazawa Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga Vs Keisuke Ishii Vs Takao Soma Vs Toru Owashi Vs Hikaru Sato Vs Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Akito Vs DJ Nira Vs Hiroshi Fukuda
6. KO-D Openweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) Vs Shigehiro Irie

Would this DDT show be worth checking out?

Definitely, there's some good looking stuff there - I'm sure the battle royale and the Tatsumi Fujinami match will be a lot of fun, but that main event should be all sorts of awesome. Kenny Omega is fantastic, one of the best jr. heavyweights in Japan, while Shigehiro Irie is a big dude who's really improved a ton over the past year or so. They had a match about this time last year and it was great, so I have high hopes for this one. Also, you get to see Kota Ibushi, who is DDT's biggest star and an amazing high flyer.

Also, that AJPW show looks great. Get Wild vs Burning, and Funaki vs Suwama should be amazing, while I'm super interested in seeing Takayama & Frye wrestling each other.

Oh, and here's that Omega vs Irie match from last year;

Kenny Omega (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title Match - (DDT 04/01/12)

strobogo

Banned
Bootaaay, I will never forgive Fujinami and Inoki for training Crush. The combined POWER of those two, and that's the best they could do? Makes me retroactively hate puro for it.

Top Bottom