• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Entropia

No One Remembers
Why does Cesaro keep jobbing to Rybackman :(

And what's up with these non-title matches? That's the thing that confuses the fuck out of me.

It's like this:
Title match? The champ will win.
Non-title match? The champ will lose.

I swear that's how it plays out 90% of the time. Non-title matches just don't seem to add in any urgency or threat to the match. It's just kinda like.. an exhibition match where it doesn't really matter.

Challenger beats the champ in a non-title match, gets a title shot is as old as can be, but "challenger beats the champ in a non-title match over and over just because and isn't even interested in the belt" is bad booking.

Pretty much. I don't know what they think they're accomplishing by having the mid-card champs lose week in week out to guys who are perceived as being above the belt, but it's almost as if they see the fact that they hold a belt as a get out of jail free card, like they can keep jobbing them out because they're protected by the belt's limited prestige.

There's been too much logic breaking shit in WWE over the past few years - say what you will about a more serious, sporting style presentation, but at least there's logic you have to adhere to. Like that whole shit when Hunter was COO and the locker room voted 'no confidence' in him because heels were being heels. Shit made no sense, just like it makes no sense that someone like Ryback (who may be above Cesaro in status, but doesn't have any gold) would turn down the opportunity at the title shot logic dictates he should receive.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Who is going to play the fake Undertaker at WrassleMania? They should just have Luke Gallows pop over from TNA and dress like the Shredder for a bit.

My commentary on Old School Raw:

swaggie.jpg

:)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Pretty much. I don't know what they think they're accomplishing by having the mid-card champs lose week in week out to guys who are perceived as being above the belt, but it's almost as if they see the fact that they hold a belt as a get out of jail free card, like they can keep jobbing them out because they're protected by the belt's limited prestige.

There's been too much logic breaking shit in WWE over the past few years - say what you will about a more serious, sporting style presentation, but at least there's logic you have to adhere to. Like that whole shit when Hunter was COO and the locker room voted 'no confidence' in him because heels were being heels. Shit made no sense, just like it makes no sense that someone like Ryback (who may be above Cesaro in status, but doesn't have any gold) would turn down the opportunity at the title shot logic dictates he should receive.

The other stupid thing is the roster has enough guys on it that they don't have to face the same people every week.

Why not have Tyson Kidd vs. Cesaro. I mean, we know that Cesaro would win but at least it's something different and they could probably have a good match together.

jred2k

Whats the deal with Cesaro losing the flag and American trunks? I guess they didn't want to have two guys saying they loved America and getting booed for it? Or they might have thought that it was too confusing for the average fan and stopped him from getting the response he was supposed to. Its embarrassing that they have a roster with a lot of talent, but can only ever figure out something for like six people at a time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why not have Tyson Kidd vs. Cesaro. I mean, we know that Cesaro would win but at least it's something different and they could probably have a good match together.

Probably because Tyson Kidd is injured for the rest of the year.

strobogo

Banned
Whats the deal with Cesaro losing the flag and American trunks? I guess they didn't want to have two guys saying they loved America and getting booed for it? Or they might have thought that it was too confusing for the average fan and stopped him from getting the response he was supposed to. Its embarrassing that they have a roster with a lot of talent, but can only ever figure out something for like six people at a time.

Claudio should have lost the flag months ago. It's been stupid and obviously wasn't making sense to live crowds. He's saracasticaly waving the flag, but he does love America, just not Americans, so then is he really sarcastically waving the flag in the first place? And then when he'd come out with the US Championship with a US flag and US tights, but got no promo time, no one knew what to make of him. I feel like that's something that could work on the indies, but not in WWE. He should have been using the flag as a weapon or having the flag upside down.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Probably because Tyson Kidd is injured for the rest of the year.

OH RIGHT

Well you know what I mean? Someone whose at his "level", I guess.

Also, why the fuck did they have Primo and Epico vs. New Age Outlaws? Why not a fun and exciting tag team like PTP?

Aiii

So not worth it
OH RIGHT

Well you know what I mean? Someone whose at his "level", I guess.

Also, why the fuck did they have Primo and Epico vs. New Age Outlaws? Why not a fun and exciting tag team like PTP?

Yeah I was just teasing, I fully agree.

Why Epico & Primo? Because legends lol.

Actually, PTP wrestled Hell No, I think Brodus and Tensai did something else I can't even remember and Rhodes Scholars wrestled a Superstars match prior to Raw or something.

I guess they ran out of tag-teams again, because they quit building the tag-division a few months ago for no other reason than they forgot they had a tag-team division.

It might have been just for Old School Raw, Cesaro is a bit of a historian so he wanted to cosplay as a 70s meathead with plain royal blue trunks.

Actually, I think he was wearing a new t-shirt last night, so maybe it's like when Sandow got his shirt, he suddenly wasn't wearing his robe for a week or two.

jred2k

Sunflower has gone Hollywood on us. Hes started whitewashing characters.

If SoulPlaya doesn't come back to celebrate his victory over a philanderer with a TKO hes not coming back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SunFlower's like TNA.
Sucking up to the mods instead of the rasslegaffers.

Ain't no mods to suck up to, especially when the big one's face was leakin by the end of the first.

Grats Soulplaya for going for face shots that whole first round.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It might have been just for Old School Raw, Cesaro is a bit of a historian so he wanted to cosplay as a 70s meathead with plain royal blue trunks.
They said last night in commentary that Cesaro wasn't going to come out with the American flag anymore. That was the first time in a while he did his whole "I speak five languages" thing, too.

Its cause I bet fans were confused as to why they're meant to boo him, this is wrestling after all guys.

DUUUUUURH DAT GUY WAVIN' DA 'MERICA FLAG WHY WE BOOING HIM? HE CLEARLY LUVS 'MERICA.

This is the same company that made someone change their underpants when pink didn't = lol must be gay for a month then as soon as that thing was over he was straight back into them.

Also hurry the f**k up and break Team Friendship up already so they can have their match at WM and D-Bry can move on to better things. The way they're dragging it out for an age makes me think they're gonna break up at WM (prolly somehow means D-Bry loses/humiliated again I bet >_>) and then spend the rest of the year feuding of it.

Siiiiiiigh.

So much of this stuff is just spinning wheels in the mud, for months on end.

McNei1y

Oh crap, there was a GWF last night?

I stopped following the thread when I paused/recorded the rest of Raw after the Hell No match.

why was this not on raw?

Cause they want you to get the app yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Smackdown one of the f**king falls from a 2 out of 3 falls match was 'exclusive' to the app. :| Pathetic.

- Anyone else think they might hold Dolph cashing in until the Raw after WM? They seriously SHOULD do it at WM to save that shit of a show and give us something to be cheerful about, but I think they might wait till the night after.

Either way will people even care? A hot WM crowd will hopefully but after that the shit Dolph has had thrown at him the past few months why would anyone believe he's a credible threat? Its gonna take work, and wins. Feels like they missed the easy boat on him (as usual).

- So tired of bizaro wrestling where guys like Cesaro are shit on for no reason while terrible face Miz gets force fed into a we still don't care push.

DUURH HAY GUYS LOOK ITS RIC FLAIR HAHAHAHA, WOOOOO, CHEER FOR ME NOW OK? He legitiamtely looks stupid doing this stuff, no way in the world should he have been slapped with this 'new Flair' shit, it doesn't suit him and he is terrible at pretending its normal.

- I really hope Mae Young gets to wrestle her match on her 100th birthday. I watched the HoF with her in just the other week and she's pretty inspirational.

Cagey

Banned
- Anyone else think they might hold Dolph cashing in until the Raw after WM? They seriously SHOULD do it at WM to save that shit of a show and give us something to be cheerful about, but I think they might wait till the night after.

Either way will people even care? A hot WM crowd will hopefully but after that the shit Dolph has had thrown at him the past few months why would anyone believe he's a credible threat? Its gonna take work, and wins. Feels like they missed the easy boat on him (as usual).

Ziggler at RAW post-WM would be perfect. The crowd at RAW will be white-hot for Ziggler. White-hot. Think Daniel Bryan last year, minus the catchphrase.

Ziggler fought Sheamus in the building that the RAW will be at this year, at a minor PPV last summer, which had Lawler say "listen to them chant for Sheamus!" as the crowd was roaring for Ziggler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fighting out of Leeds? Unacceptable! And this new-fangled MMA stuff's a fix, dammit! I demand an honest, gentlemanly deathmatch against Laser Thesz. Only blood can settle this.

Laser do you accept this challenge? The Bloodbath in Bath against Bootaaay for the final GWF? For all the marbles? For the collection of kittens? For the feast of millions? DO YOU ACCEPT, LASERFROG?

Pavaloo

Oh I forgot to say thanks everyone for the NJPW links you gave me the other day, had a lot to watch and it was all great.

Has anyone here done DDP Yoga AND actively weight lifts? I want to know if it's feasible to be doing both..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I forgot to say thanks everyone for the NJPW links you gave me the other day, had a lot to watch and it was all great.

Has anyone here done DDP Yoga AND actively weight lifts? I want to know if it's feasible to be doing both..

You'll be fine provided you're eating enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On his Facebook, the son of former WWE & WCW champion Sid Vicious (Sid Eudy), Gunnar Eudy, noted that his father was hospitalized today due to heart issues. Sid has gone into the hospital twice in the last week, but was released a few days ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough, I wanted to do it while cutting, should I not be?

Nah don't bother unless you are VERY careful counting your intake, more than just calories. I'm on a cut, and I'm not even bothering trying to maintain my muscles. Just gonna build from the ground up.

Pavaloo

Nah don't bother unless you are VERY careful counting your intake, more than just calories. I'm on a cut, and I'm not even bothering trying to maintain my muscles. Just gonna build from the ground up.

Ah okay, thanks for the advice. I think I'll do both on a bulk for now and then when I start cutting I'll probably drop the weights for a while. It's going to feel good doing the DDP "BANG" after a workout.

So every WM match has a predictable outcome, will WWE throw us any curves? Because we all know who is winning all announced matches right?

Top Bottom