• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

reminds me of this, nice desgin

2494.GIF

hertog

How I would book WM:

Punk defeats Undertaker

Lesnar destroys HHH

Cena beats Rock because Heyman and Lesnar interfere.

WM ends with Cena proclaiming: I'm a heyman guy!

Next RAW a face Punk stands against a heel Cena.

Kaladin

How I would book WM:

Punk defeats Undertaker

Lesnar destroys HHH

Cena beats Rock because Heyman and Lesnar interfere.

WM ends with Cena proclaiming: I'm a heyman guy!

Next RAW a face Punk stands against a heel Cena.

Lets shake things up a little bit!

tm24

Lucha News Report for the week of March 5th 2013. It was a crazy week

-The biggest lucha news of the week is news coming from Japan actually. Reports from Japan have indicated that El Nieto Del Santo (known informally as Santo Jr, grandson of El Santo, son of El Hijo) will begin training in the NOAH Dojo soon and debut in Mexico sometime this summer, most probably on August 2nd at a card celebrating El Hijo's 50th B-day. This is pretty huge. It is also quite probably the biggest undertaking in wrestling, even harder than Punk carrying taker to a watchable match at WM. The job of taking up the Santo mask is about 100x harder than what Mistico II has had to do. You're not just taking on a wrestling icon, the most famous mask in the world, you're taking on one of the biggest cultural icons in Mexico

What makes this even weirder is how his career is starting out. Even El Hijo started off with a different gimmick before taking on the mask until he was at least a decent luchador. Everyone thought they would get him started by sneaking him under a random name on the IWRG undercards, but starting off in Japan will be the best course since it allows him to get in the basics and lot of repetitions away from Mexican eyes. Once he comes back, he can easily get a lot of help from the maestros like Solar, Negro Navarro and Black Terry due to their relationship with his dad and Todo x Todo. The name alone will be enough to get solid mid-card names to team with and lose their masks to him to hopefully improve him. Will be very interesting tracking his career. Hopefully he doesn't develop his dad's ego

-In AAA news, the next challenger for Texano Jr's AAA Heavyweight championship is the returning Blue Demon Jr, who after 8 years returns to the AAA ring at Rey de Reyes, AAA's next big card. This is pretty big considering he's a big name and is someone who isn't a complete and total asshole and will probably do his best to make Texano look like a million bucks, since Demon doesn't really need AAA since he has Lucha Libre USA that takes all his time. So he's basically playing the role of masked Chris Jericho. But it will be a big thing, it will garner some press and sell more tickets, so good news for AAA.

-In more AAA news, Octagon Jr/Samuray Del Sol hasn't showed up for AAA in a while, so that experiment might not be working for AAA. He's not even on the Rey De Reyes card

-Speaking of Rey De Reyes, the card has been announced

1) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
2) ? vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Cibernético, Electroshock, Silver King, Toscano [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
3) El Mesías vs Heavy Metal, La Parka, Parka Negra, Octagón, Pentagón Jr. [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
4) LA Park vs Jack Evans, ?, Psicosis, Drago, Chessman [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
5) Juventud Guerrera vs Daga, Fénix, Crazy Boy [AAA FUSION, final]
vacant title
6) Fabi Apache vs Mari Apache, Taya Valkyrie, LuFisto [Reina De Reinas, final]
vacant title
7) Texano Jr. vs Blue Demon Jr. [AAA HEAVY]
8) Group 1 Winner vs Group 2 Winner, Group 3 Winner [Rey de Reyes, final]

Looks like a real solid card that could produce some great stuff. The 4 way for the Fusion title should be pretty great. Expect one the mystery guys to be Jeff Jarret and the make the Rey de Reyes final a showdown between Park, Mesias and Jarret

-Lufisto had a great AAA debut, kicking the shit out of Cinthia Moreno. She's in the 4-way title match for the Reina de Reinas title

-IWRG had a crazy lucha de apuesta match with Official 911 vs Trauma II vs El Angel putting their masks on the line. Fans came out in droves since people fucking love the Traumas and like all matches involving the Traumas, it turns into a brawl. A proper video of the match should be out soon

Recent Lucha matches of note
Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis
Fun trios match

Trauma I & Trauma II vs Diluvio Negro I & Silver Star
I love watching Los Traumas

CMLL 2013 Reyes de Aire Block A
CMLL 2013 Reyes de Aire Block B
CMLL 2013 Reyes de Aire Final

Let's stick our best high-fliers in a cibernetico and just forget about programming for about 90 minutes. It works every time!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rey de Reyes is always so good, looking forward to this one. Now all I gotta do is find time!

somedevil

Holy Shit Old School Raw Delivered the Viewers:

8pm: 4.97
9pm: 5.24
10pm: 4.85

Avg: 5.02

Seems like the high 9pm rating is most likely for the Cena and Rock Segment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy Shit Old School Raw Delivered in the Viewers:

Holy shit! Looks like ol' HTM is a ratings guy.

Bowser

Holy Shit Old School Raw Delivered the Viewers:

Kinda related, but I wish they'd keep the Old School Raw titantron/set. Looks so much better than what they currently have.

What about:

Brock beats HHH.
Shield beats whoever.
Punk loses to Taker.
Cena over Rock with ambiguous interference from The Shield.

Cena heel turn on following raw. He brought the shield in to make sure he would stay on top forever.

Cena reign of terror for a whole year until next mania when crazed by his ego he calls out Taker.

Cena loses to taker and then Taker vacates the title and retires. Big WM 4 style tourney to determine new champ.

I can't wait until they fuck everything up with WM and then I can stop watching again for another 5 years. I'll be free!

.....but I am secretly hoping that they somehow deliver.

Wrestlemania xXx Predictions:

CM Punk vs Stone Cold
John Cena (c) vs. The Ryback vs. Sheamus - WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Antonio Cesaro - World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan
Ambrose (c) vs Rollins - IC Championship
Nexus (Barrett, Otunga, Gabriel, Slater) vs. The Wyatt Family (Bray, Rowan, Harper, Ohno)
Bo Dallas (c) vs Unnamed Opponent
The Miz vs Del Rio
Ziggler + Langston (c) vs. Air Canada (Kofi + Kidd) - Tag Team Championship
Diva Battle Royale

YT Pre-Show:
10 Man Battle Royale to fight US Champion Bo Dallas

My winner predictions in bold.

Wrestlemania xXx Predictions:

CM Punk vs Stone Cold
John Cena (c) vs. The Ryback vs. Sheamus - WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Antonio Cesaro - World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan
Ambrose (c) vs Rollins - IC Championship
Nexus (Barrett, Otunga, Gabriel, Slater) vs. The Wyatt Family (Bray, Rowan, Harper, Ohno)
Bo Dallas (c) vs Unnamed Opponent
The Miz vs Del Rio
Ziggler + Langston (c) vs. Air Canada (Kofi + Kidd) - Tag Team Championship
Diva Battle Royale

YT Pre-Show:
10 Man Battle Royale to fight US Champion Bo Dallas

My winner predictions in bold.

Ugh, Nexus comes back?

I always find it funny how a promotion called IWA Deep South doesn't run far south enough for me to go to it.

That's something to be thankful for, in my book. IWA Deep South is so bad it makes IWA Mid South look watchable. I always make a point of watching the Carnage Cup each year, though, even if it is usually the worst show of the year.

Kaladin

That's something to be thankful for, in my book. IWA Deep South is so bad it makes IWA Mid South look watchable. I always make a point of watching the Carnage Cup each year, though, even if it is usually the worst show of the year.

That would be something to see live at some point though.

What's the deal with CHIKARA guys not working other promotions? I know Gabe's used CHIKARA guys sparingly in EVOLVE before and The Batiri work AIW, but you'd think that, as good as guys like Hallowicked and UltraMantis are, they would be good attractions for a lot of other indy promotions.

I ask myself the same question all the time. I think it might have something to do with Quack being so controlling of everything in the CHIKARAVERSE. His ocd seems to have ruined a few relationships in the business but all and all I still say the guy is a good dude. He just wants whats best for CHIKARA above anything else and a huge part of that is the characters he's created. He reminds me alot of Haymen in his passion for his creation. I would love to see Hallowicked all over the indies. The dude is so good but if you don't watch CHIKARA you have no idea about him.

Top Bottom