• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

BANG!!!

ncbfd_zpsf356a0e9.gif

Yes! The first Season 12 CHIKARA shows are now available to buy on DVD or download as an MP4 from http://smartmarkvideo.com

CHIKARA - February 9th, 2013 - "All the Agents and Superhuman Crew" - Reading, PA

1. Fire Ant & AssailANT vs. deviANT & Soldier Ant
2. Dasher Hatfield vs. Delirious
3. The Batiri vs. Los Ice Creams
4. Frightmare vs. Ophidian
5. Jigsaw & The Shard vs. F.I.S.T. (Sugar Dunkerton & Icarus)
6. Green Ant vs. Eddie Kingston
7. Young Bucks & Kevin Steen vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
8. Hallowicked vs. Chuck Taylor
9. NO DQ Match: Archibald Peck vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti

CHIKARA - February 10th, 2013 - "While the Dawn is Breaking" - Easton, PA

1. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti vs. Saturyne
2. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Gran Akuma
3. Archibald Peck vs. Tim Donst
4. F.I.S.T. vs. The Colony
5. Kobald vs. Dasher Hatfield
6. Jigsaw, deviANT & The Shard vs. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & Frightmare
7. Eddie Kingston vs. Kevin Steen
8. The Young Bucks vs. 3.0

Excited to watch these, need my CHIKARA fix!

Fucking UPS. My package is sitting on a neighbors porch, 4 doors down from mine. Their cars aren't there, I can just walk up and take it but what if someone sees me or worse, they come home right at that moment? It's just sitting out there but now I have to wait for them to come home and hopefully bring it to me promptly plus added small talk bullshit. Fuck! Fuck UPS!

Fucking UPS. My package is sitting on a neighbors porch, 4 doors down from mine. Their cars aren't there, I can just walk up and take it but what if someone sees me or worse, they come home right at that moment? It's just sitting out there but now I have to wait for them to come home and hopefully bring it to me promptly plus added small talk bullshit. Fuck! Fuck UPS!
Did you get some new wrestling shirts?

jred2k

I've been waiting for parts for my new PC to come and UPS decided it was a good idea to send them from a city 200km south of me to a city 200km north of me. You can't get from one to the other without going past my town. What the fuck.

KissVibes

Banned

Dude, whatever. This happened to me and I just walked over and took the package. This guy came sprinting out and was like "Hey man, that's mine!" and I ripped it open in his driveway and was like "This Rock Band portable drum kit by mad kats is yours?" then kept walking.

Basically, just go take it.

Dude, whatever. This happened to me and I just walked over and took the package. This guy came sprinting out and was like "Hey man, that's mine!" and I ripped it open in his driveway and was like "This Rock Band portable drum kit by mad kats is yours?" then kept walking.

Basically, just go take it.

bean breath is too Canadian to do something that assertive.

Hoarr

Neo Member
tumblr_mj808nP0tG1qzx70zo1_500.png

In the spirit of Monday’s Old School WWE RAW, I created a mock retro cover for a wrestling magazine that only exists in an alternate universe.

I should tackle recreating the new WWE Championship but with the classic WWF logo next.

Nice! I miss wrestling magazines - WWE only seem to market theirs towards their younger audience, but I would love to see an old-school style 80's wrestling magazine.

I just realized I outed myself as a bloody Yank by including "UPS". Should've put Royal Mail or Post or whatever it's called that those weirdos like LaserFrog, Bootaaay, and Kyoufu use.

Should have gone with FedEx, we get that here too ;)

Hoarr

Neo Member
Nice! I miss wrestling magazines - WWE only seem to market theirs towards their younger audience.

When did RAW Magazine end? I bought some off of eBay and was surprised at how the WWF released a magazine specifically for the older fans, complete with in-depth interviews that break kayfabe. Found a really good interview with Marc Mero about his embarrassment over the Johnny B. Badd character and was surprised that they would run something like that in 1996.

When did RAW Magazine end? I bought some off of eBay and was surprised at how the WWF released a magazine specifically for the older fans, complete with in-depth interviews that break kayfabe. Found a really good interview with Marc Mero about his embarrassment over the Johnny B. Badd character and was surprised that they would run something like that in 1996.

I think they ended RAW magazine when they had to change their name to WWE, so sometime around 2002.

Hightower

Banned

Its your package... just go get it.

gurudyne

1) Put on fake beard
2) Part hair
3) DBry T-shirt
4) Calmly walk up and acquire package
5) If confronted:

bryanno2dffnv.gif

Make us proud, bean breath.

Kyoufu

Big Show wouldn't wait. He'd stomp his way to that porch, grab the package and stomp back home.

Guzim

tumblr_mj808nP0tG1qzx70zo1_500.png

In the spirit of Monday’s Old School WWE RAW, I created a mock retro cover for a wrestling magazine that only exists in an alternate universe.

I should tackle recreating the new WWE Championship but with the classic WWF logo next.

It's not Fandango. It's FAN. DAN. GO. Other than that, great job!

Hoarr

Neo Member
Not that I miss him but where's Santino? Did he get hurt or did the consistent comedy from Team Hell No make him unneeded?

Hurt his neck, I don't think they revealed how serious it was. He just quietly disappeared off of TV since early January.

Yes! The first Season 12 CHIKARA shows are now available to buy on DVD or download as an MP4 from http://smartmarkvideo.com

CHIKARA - February 9th, 2013 - "All the Agents and Superhuman Crew" - Reading, PA

1. Fire Ant & AssailANT vs. deviANT & Soldier Ant
2. Dasher Hatfield vs. Delirious
3. The Batiri vs. Los Ice Creams
4. Frightmare vs. Ophidian
5. Jigsaw & The Shard vs. F.I.S.T. (Sugar Dunkerton & Icarus)
6. Green Ant vs. Eddie Kingston
7. Young Bucks & Kevin Steen vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
8. Hallowicked vs. Chuck Taylor
9. NO DQ Match: Archibald Peck vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti

CHIKARA - February 10th, 2013 - "While the Dawn is Breaking" - Easton, PA

1. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti vs. Saturyne
2. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Gran Akuma
3. Archibald Peck vs. Tim Donst
4. F.I.S.T. vs. The Colony
5. Kobald vs. Dasher Hatfield
6. Jigsaw, deviANT & The Shard vs. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & Frightmare
7. Eddie Kingston vs. Kevin Steen
8. The Young Bucks vs. 3.0

Excited to watch these, need my CHIKARA fix!

ajdanielbryan-1.gif

about darn time!

She hasn't been on there since January. Damn shame too.

Are we talking about the same one?

She was on last week, which was the first one back since their UK tour.

I enjoy playing Where's Wally finding her usually but the cameras just zoomed right in on her at one point and did the work for me lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will always assume Jericho is a douche because Goldberg seems like the nicest guy in wrestling.

It's like saying Mark Henry and somebody else got into a fight and the other person saying Mark Henry was the jerk

Damn, this place is dead at 4AM. Guess I'll have to go to sleep x_x

Just watched Aja Kong vs Etsuko Mita from 1995 - Mita's a bit green, but she's taller than most joshi girls and tries to take the fight to Kong early on. Kong no sells like only Kong, or maybe Tenryu, can, before dismantling Mita. Kong goes up to the top, but Mita ducks under her legs and hits an electric chair slam! This angers Aja and, when Mita tries it again, she just fucks her up with a huge German suplex and a vicious backfist;

iXh9am4JVInSG.gif

ibi7dniJEB7BDw.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I watched the Kanyon Cutter montage for the fourth or fifth time since it went up and man, he was starting to get over on some of those segments! He did regain a lot of heat when he switched to Kanyon Cutting women but man.

He was always one of my favorite latter day WCW guys and its too bad how he ended up, but man the guy was entertaining!

strobogo

Banned
So I watched the Kanyon Cutter montage for the fourth or fifth time since it went up and man, he was starting to get over on some of those segments! He did regain a lot of heat when he switched to Kanyon Cutting women but man.

He was always one of my favorite latter day WCW guys and its too bad how he ended up, but man the guy was entertaining!

He was the BEST part of dying WCW. For real. He was the most entertaining character and was doing the most interesting stuff in the ring. It's completely idiotic they had him off TV for 8 months for no reason. No story reason, no injury. Just a creative had nothing for you kind of bullshit excuse.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If it wasn't for a series of missteps (and the complete collapse of WCW) he could have been the next Chris Jericho.

strobogo

Banned
I wouldn't go that far, but he was certainly misused at a time when he could have been a huge asset to WCW. And then Vince didn't even use him. I never understood it. He seemed like a guy Vince would love to have in his mid card. A big guy who is dependable and can make small guys and bigger guys look great, and can do comedy. That seems like the perfect WWF midcard guy in 2001 to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wouldn't go that far, but he was certainly misused at a time when he could have been a huge asset to WCW. And then Vince didn't even use him. I never understood it. He seemed like a guy Vince would love to have in his mid card. A big guy who is dependable and can make small guys and bigger guys look great, and can do comedy. That seems like the perfect WWF midcard guy in 2001 to me.

Really? I can tell you exactly why he wasn't used, and he even said why. I'm sure no one likes to believe that their wrestling idols are homophobes, but yes, a whole lot of them are.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He could have run around saying ask him and putting the catering staff in the liontamer. Also claiming wins against people who aren't in the arena.

Johnz

Neo Member
Really? I can tell you exactly why he wasn't used, and he even said why. I'm sure no one likes to believe that their wrestling idols are homophobes, but yes, a whole lot of them are.

he literally just wanted to be a babyface gay character..without being a heel or a caricature . It's so very sad really.

strobogo

Banned

I hadn't actually thought about that, but Vince's right hand man (Pat Patterson) has been openly gay for like 40 years and it had never really been a problem. JBL may have had a thing for soaping up guy's assholes in the showers and he got a title run.

Top Bottom