• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Entropia

No One Remembers
Russo should be the reset button of wrestling - he should never be hired as a long-term booker, but people should bring him in and say "here, go crazy for a month". I'd like to see RAW a month after Russo took control.

I would fucking love for this to happen just to see what Russo tries doing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would fucking love for this to happen just to see what Russo tries doing.

Then it's up to more capable people to mold the insanity into storylines. He'd be good for that. And bringing in Sid.

strobogo

Banned
Russo should be the reset button of wrestling - he should never be hired as a long-term booker, but people should bring him in and say "here, go crazy for a month". I'd like to see RAW a month after Russo took control.

CM Punk drops another pipe bomb, HHH openly buries young talent, Bork says wrestling is fake which is why he went to MMA, Zack Ryder's gimmick will be sending his bitching tweets while in the ring with the camera zoomed in on his phone and he'll feud with Undertaker, Dolph will cash in MITB and feud with Justin Gabriel for the US Championship a month later, Cena will become That 80s Fat Chick Thriller Guy, Antonio Cesaro will get Lance Storm's old boring gimmick, Santino will become a deadly serious heel only to turn back into a goofy heel and full on goofy face within 2 months, Shane will return for one show, HHH will pedigree him, and we'll never hear from him again, Jimmy and Jey Uso will break up and feud, Titus will start dressing like an aligator, Fandango will burn his dancing outfit in a trash can, Brodus Clay will crush one of the YAKs, someone will call King a pedo, someone will make reference to JBL's butthole soaping.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CM Punk drops another pipe bomb, HHH openly buries young talent, Bork says wrestling is fake which is why he went to MMA, Zack Ryder's gimmick will be sending his bitching tweets while in the ring with the camera zoomed in on his phone and he'll feud with Undertaker, Dolph will cash in MITB and feud with Justin Gabriel for the US Championship a month later, Cena will become That 80s Fat Chick Thriller Guy, Antonio Cesaro will get Lance Storm's old boring gimmick, Santino will become a deadly serious heel only to turn back into a goofy heel and full on goofy face within 2 months, Shane will return for one show, HHH will pedigree him, and we'll never hear from him again, Jimmy and Jey Uso will break up and feud, Titus will start dressing like an aligator, Fandango will burn his dancing outfit in a trash can, Brodus Clay will crush one of the YAKs, someone will call King a pedo, someone will make reference to JBL's butthole soaping.

Why is your WWE infinitely more entertaining than the current product :(

I'd love to see Ryder complain via twitter in the ring and hit send right before getting hit. Or him complaining via Vine.

If you're looking for a good wrestling documentary, check out 'Gaea Girls', which is about the super-hard training system Japanese women's wrestlers used to go through;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ZHlovyYls

Go to 28:00 for one of the most brutal dropkicks you'll ever see.

Also, Cesaro vs Sin Cara was super fun;

ibfkPSPGFIJ6Nx.gif

i25xt9iXUxh1r.gif

strobogo said:
Cena will become That 80s Fat Chick Thriller Guy

I'm OK with this.

strobogo said:
Titus will start dressing like an aligator

And this. "Millions of gators".

McNei1y

Would Titus still make the barking noise as an alligator?

Jamie OD

And that's just week one.

strobogo

Banned
Can someone make a quick and dirty gif of Shane doing a Van Terminator with Jesus' face on him? I need for the God is a cunt/how does he justify killing firstborn thread.

Toki767

It's not like Stephanie ever did anything when Vince still had the final say. They honestly might as well save themselves the money and get rid of that position altogether.

It's not like Stephanie ever did anything when Vince still had the final say. They honestly might as well save themselves the money and get rid of that position altogether.

There was an obvious change in booking quality when the Chris Kreski guy stepped down before Stephanie took over.

somedevil

Stephanie stepped down? Oh god, please hire Vince Russo back.

Doesn't look like Stephanie Stepped down. Here who it was that was removed:

WWE has removed Eric Pankowski as the senior vice president of creative and development, according to former creative team member Court Bauer via his Twitter page. WWE announced the hiring of Pankowski back on February 1, 2012.

They need to hire people who know wrestling not daytime and late show guys.

Toki767

There was an obvious change in booking quality when the Chris Kreski guy stepped down before Stephanie took over.

If I recall, the only thing Stephanie really changed was having scripted promos.

Besides, I think Stephanie's job title changed to Executive Vice President of Creative anyways. So she's probably still there.

If I recall, the only thing Stephanie really changed was having scripted promos.

Go watch the WWF before September 2000 and then after. You will see a difference. Vince always blamed the move to TNN/SpikeTV for the lower ratings, but the last two RAWs while still on USA Network were the first shows to slip into the 5.0 area since 1998. Steph's first big fuck-up was completely screwing up her love triangle deal with Triple H and Kurt Angle. It just abruptly ended with no payoff.

Guzim

Go watch the WWF before September 2000 and then after. You will see a difference. Steph's first big fuck-up was completely screwing up her love triangle deal with Triple H and Kurt Angle. It just abruptly ended with no payoff.

Isn't that because they fired the guy who came up with the storyline?

Isn't that because they fired the guy who came up with the storyline?

He wasn't fired. He stepped down to take a job at MTV. And what kind of excuse is that to just abruptly end one of the potentially best angles of 2000? The way that whole thing ended is what permanently turned off a lot of people they hooked in during the Attitude Era.

if it means less of him in chikara than yay

Ah, come on, he had like 8 matches there in two years. Yeah, they weren't always great (I could have done without that Young Bucks vs 123 Kid & Marty 2/3 falls tag match) but I really enjoyed his match with Generico and just the general emotion from Waltman at the reception he received from the CHIKARA fans.

strobogo

Banned
So that's pretty much all of DX except Chyna. Well, I hope she is enjoying her work.

No one enjoys Chyna's work. She looks completely dead inside and in pain, the dudes look like they're struggling to keep it up, and everyone is grossed out and and uncomfortable watching it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hope they use him over at NXT to train the young jobbers how to be the afterthought.

Never been an X-Pac fan tbh, but good on him for the steady paycheck.

Tat young bucks match really put me off. Have not seen much of his indie stuff.

Glad genus getting paid also I guess lends to the rumors of DX in the hall if fame

Paul Bearer died from a blood clot.

Cowboy Bob Kelly, one of Alabama's top stars in the 1970s, said he was with Moody at a local Cauliflower Alley Club reunion on Saturday. Kelly said Moody was in really bad shape, barely able to stand on his own and coughing badly. Moody was admitted to a local hospital after the reunion, where he was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot). He was unable to be saved. He died in the hospital late Tuesday evening.

Kaladin

Why is cesaro jobbing to everyone is a better question

This is actually a good thing. They're using him as the US Champion to test him against wrestlers at the next level of the roster. This is actually better than Having him win matches against talent that does nothing for him at this point.

He needs some more wins against talent above his level though, but it's good that they're testing him to go up to that level.

somedevil

I would love to see a Cesaro vs Sin Cara match at Wrestlemania. They have great chemistry and seems like he is the best at working Sin Cara style. All there matches make Sin Cara look great.

ug0db7d4.gif

Cesaro spent like 3 years helping train dudes in lucha style at the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory, so he knows his stuff. If anyone is suited to making smaller guys look awesome against a heavyweight, it's Cesaro.

That being said, what he really needs now is some wins over big opponents - all those pointless non-title losses to Randy. What should have happened is that Randy beat him once and then got a title shot, but loses when the title is on the line. Randy doesn't look any weaker, but Cesaro looks all the more strong for it.

Cesaro spent like 3 years helping train dudes in lucha style at the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory, so he knows his stuff. If anyone is suited to making smaller guys look awesome against a heavyweight, it's Cesaro.

That being said, what he really needs now is some wins over big opponents - all those pointless non-title losses to Randy. What should have happened is that Randy beat him once and then got a title shot, but loses when the title is on the line. Randy doesn't look any weaker, but Cesaro looks all the more strong for it.

The more I learn about this guy, the more I am impressed.

Top Bottom