• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Punk could beat Taker and it would be good, but at the same time Punk is all about retiring earlier rather than later so there's no way he should get that rub. He might even retire before Taker does at this point.

Kyoufu

Punk could beat Taker and it would be good, but at the same time Punk is all about retiring earlier rather than later so there's no way he should get that rub. He might even retire before Taker does at this point.

And also he has no interest in the streak. IIRC he doesn't think it should be broken anyway.

Announced for the DGUSA Mania weekend shows;

April 6th - The Super Smash Brothers vs CIMA & ???

April 7th - CIMA, EITA & ??? vs Johnny Gargano, ??? & ???

CIMA has stated that he wanted to showcase the future of Dragon Gate, so for that purpose has picked rising star EITA and a 2nd mystery partner, someone who CIMA calls a "secret weapon" that has never been in DGUSA before.

Also, here's a great hype video for the big Career vs Respect match at SHINE 8 between Reby Sky & Jessicka Havoc;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCvfZFd24E0

J-Hav <3

Taker vs Punk would have been more amazing if Punk still had the title. Title Streak vs Wrestlemania Streak.

Would have been more believeable. Punk would have come off as actually having a chance. Would they let a Part Timer with 1 or 2 matches a year take the title and a 500 day championship streak? Would they let Punk take the biggest and best streak in the industry?

Could have ended with Taker beating Punk, and taking the championship. Then the next day Taker retires on RAW. Walks out with the title. Goes into the middle of the ring. Flash and lights go out. Lighting flash back. Title is alone in the ring. Taker retires as WWE champion. Gets a proper send off. (Taker can do a Promo before this, not sure what'd work best).

The title is now vacant and they hold a battle royal for it where Punk, Cena, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and Miz fight for the title. One of them wins and this leads a possiblity of 5 fueds that would make sense. This would also damage Punk the least. He lost his streak to the greatest wrestler in WWE.

Announced for the DGUSA Mania weekend shows;

April 6th - The Super Smash Brothers vs CIMA & ???

April 7th - CIMA, EITA & ??? vs Johnny Gargano, ??? & ???

CIMA has stated that he wanted to showcase the future of Dragon Gate, so for that purpose has picked rising star EITA and a 2nd mystery partner, someone who CIMA calls a "secret weapon" that has never been in DGUSA before.

Also, here's a great hype video for the big Career vs Respect match at SHINE 8 between Reby Sky & Jessicka Havoc;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCvfZFd24E0

J-Hav <3
Could it be El Ligero? I've heard that name a lot and they were just in the UK. I've never seen his work though.

They could be putting EITA with a vet and grab Jushin Liger since he's in town.

I think it would be a big let down if "secret weapon" meant Trent Barretta but a Barretta is a gun.

jae

Could it be El Ligero? I've heard that name a lot and they were just in the UK. I've never seen his work though.

I think it would be a big let down if "secret weapon" meant Trent Barretta but a Barretta is a gun.

There is a 0% chance that it is not Tomahawk T.T/Naoki Tanisaki/Tomakomai Penguin.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Hall of Famer “Superstar” Billy Graham has published a new Facebook post explaining why he wants WWE to remove him from the Hall of Fame:

“In 2011 I became one unhappy retired wrestler when WWE inducted into its Hall of Fame Abdullah the Butcher (Larry Shreve). Not just because Shreve had never worked for the WW(W)F or stepped foot inside Madison Square Garden, not just because my good friend Randy “Macho Man” Savage was passed over in the honors list of that year, but because Abdullah actually is a butcher in a disturbingly real sense.

Now we all know that pro wrestling is largely make-believe. The trouble is that many of us end up losing the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality. The temptation to become in real life the characters we create in the ring can sometimes become just too overwhelming. I’m afraid that’s the case with this WWE Hall of Fame inductee. For decades Larry Shreve has played the blood-lusting Abdullah the Butcher, a maniac psychotic enough to qualify as a Canadian-born Hitler, another Fuehrer.

Well, losing touch with reality is one thing; losing respect for other wrestlers’ rights is another, and in my view the “Butcher” has blotted his copybook big time by becoming a suspected spreader of Hepatitis C through his negligence when blading in the ring. The Butcher, who is Hepatitis C positive Genotype 2 is currently facing allegations of negligence, assault and battery in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice stemming from an unsanitary blade assault in a 2007 professional wrestling match. Nicholson is being represented by Ronald Caza in the case. Caza, of the Caza Saikaley law firm is one of Canada’s most eminent lawyers.

In this link (youtube.com/watch?v=0rN4FI8yqq8) you will see how Shreve, in a match against Hannibal (Devon Nicholson), cut his own head with a razor blade and then cut the forehead of the unsuspecting Nicholson. It’s alleged that the end result of this assault was Nicholson, a healthy young man at the time who was just beginning a promising career, contracting Hepatitis C. How many others wrestlers have contracted Hepatitis C thanks to Abdullah’s indifference to the danger he poses regularly to his fellow workers? Nicholson is now in the middle of a 9 month regimen with disturbing side effects to rid him of this disease.

In my opinion every time “The Butcher” behaves in this utterly irresponsible way, cutting the foreheads of other wrestlers, it is as if he is attempting murder, because the fact is the Hepatitis C can kill. I take no pleasure at all in saying this. Larry Shreve was once a friend of mine and it has saddened me to see him sink into such anti-social behavior. But right is right and wrong is wrong and never the twain shall meet. WWE, with its powerful influence on our vulnerable youth in these increasingly immoral times, should be strongly condemning life-threatening gimmicks in the ring, not rewarding them, and Larry Shreve needs to take stock of his actions and the tragic effects they have had on others. The world of pro wrestling is a rough and tough one, and none of us has a lily-white record when it comes to personal behavior. But carelessly spreading a deadly disease in the name of “entertainment” is beyond a joke. So hopefully now you will all have a better understanding of exactly why I asked WWE to remove my name from the WWE Hall of Fame list when Abdullah was inducted two years ago.

tldr; Billy Graham doesn't want to share the WWE Hall of Fame with Abdullah The Butcher because he keeps working and bleeding while he has HepC.

strobogo

Banned
Realized today I had lost 30 pounds doing ddpyoga...I think I'm in shock.

That's crazy. A very special BANG to you.

qdop.gif

The fact that CIMA specifically said that the 6-man tag would be about showcasing the future of Dragon Gate made me think of Japanese guys they haven't brought over yet, Naoki Tanizaki for instance. I'm not sure if they'd debut a guy totally new to Dragon Gate like that, but it would be cool to see El Ligero in DGUSA - here's a match of his from last year that's well worth checking out;

Akira Tozawa vs El Ligero - (PCW 06/02/12)

jae said:
There is a 0% chance that it is not Tomahawk T.T/Naoki Tanisaki/Tomakomai Penguin.

Man, some of these names are getting so confusing, lol. Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin, Mr. Pii Pii Tomakomai Penguin, wtf?

I'd love Tanisaki but he's Mad Blankey so it makes no sense for Cima. I do think its time to bring him. The problem is he has no name recognition in the states really. I don't think they're paying someone's flight from Japan and not giving them recognition/billing.

Fingers crossed for Don Fuji though.

Yeah I guess I only read the report as EITA is the future and then one more guy. I read it again and you're right. When I went in December he was a guy that made a big impression.

jae

I'd love Tanisaki but he's Mad Blankey so it makes no sense for Cima. I do think its time to bring him. The problem is he has no name recognition in the states really. I don't think they're paying someone's flight from Japan and not giving them recognition/billing.

Fingers crossed for Don Fuji though.

He was kicked out of MB last month. He is currently wrestling in Mexico with Eita. It's him.

izakq

I'm really bummed about Paul, he was such a huge part of my youth as a wrestling fan and an amazing manager.

Watching clips of the Percy Pringle & Jim Cornette shoot to cheer me up, I could listen to these two talk for days. This dude has a bunch of segments from the shoot up on youtube; http://www.youtube.com/user/SpotShowWrestling

And again WCCW was the place where I got my introduction to Percy Pringle before he came to the WWF as Paul Bearer. The guy had an incredible lineup of wrestlers he's managed. I'm trying to remember but, didn't he also manage The Undertaker back in WCCW as well?

R.I.P.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 2/21/2001

TO THE BACK. Disco and Alex Wright are in the back. Disco convinces Alex to team up again to face AJ Styles and Air Paris because it is such an easy win. Alex hates Disco, but he agrees.

Hugh Morris comes to the ring. He calls out Rick Steiner for what he did to Lash on Nitro. However, SCOTT Steiner is the one to come out. Rick attacks from behind. Hugh fights him off and Scott comes back out. The mid carders empty out in support of Hugh.

vlcsnap-2013-03-06-10h11m52s216_zps80a1f39e.png

TO THE BACK. Steiners walk in the back. The rest of Flair's group meets in a stairwell. Lex vs Palumbo tonight. Kanyon may or may not be an official member of the group. Vito is looking for JTB when he comes across The Leftovers. Meat implies that JTB is fucking Vito's sister. Vito challenges Meat to a match and a brawl breaks out.

Air Raid vs Boogie Knights

Yes, AJ and Alex Wright in the same match! A dream match if there ever was one. Alex just works over the indyrific Air Paris. God, what a terrible looking body and outfit. AJ clearly has something. Just in the way he moves you can tell he's got something special in him. It's a shame he got bad tats and is a bum now. Super flying stomp from Alex. Drop kick Doomsday Device. I don't think Air Raid has had any offense. It's really weird seeing how small AJ was. He's put on a lot of muscle over the years. He hits what I think was an attempted flying tea bag.

qfuz.gif

AJ pins Disco with a top rope cross body! AJ's first televised win. Disco and Alex get into a fight after the match.

vlcsnap-2013-03-06-10h24m50s72_zpsc1f56303.png

A Kid Romeo video airs. It's more homoerotic than anything Kwee Wee does. It's a lot of him in a Speedo dancing and turning women away.

Shawn Stasiak vs Big Vito

Stasiak has a new look with stubble and darker, slicked back hair. It's kind of sad they just kind of gave up on Vito. It really seemed like they had a lot of faith in him and were trying to push him to the next level by teaming with Sting/Booker and going toe to toe with Nash and Steiner. Then the thing with Reno started and he went back down the cards and then reformed The Mamalukes and went back to his jeans and shirt gear. Stasiak does a Perfect Plex, which Tony calls as a version of the Pittsburgh Plunge. Obviously it's a Perfect Plex that he stole from Hennig not even a year ago. I mean, he still comes out to the JHV of Perfect's theme. Meat wins with a hangman's neckbreaker.

TO THE BACK. Crowbar talks about how wrestling has changed and how he was deeply offended by Jarret's American Dweem impression. They're doing a lot of promos with guys just talking with out an interviewer. It's kind of like proto Reaction stuff, actually. Buff and Kanyon walk to the ring.

A Hugh Morris package airs. He's LITERALLY the heart and soul of WCW. Literally.

Buff Bagwel/Kanyon vs Cat/DDP

Buff's pyro didn't go off. He didn't look happy. A man needs his pyro! Hey, remember when Buff fucked Kim this time last year? And remember when Kanyon kept Kanyon Cutting (BANG) Buff's mom last summer? Now they're buddies who joke around and have a good time. Even though Kanyon tried to break his mom's neck multiple times. Cat and DDP actually work quite well together. The Rock did a lot of bad for wrestling when every one decided they needed to have a taunting elbow move. Just in WCW, Cat, Mike Sanders, Disco, Vito, Scott Steiner (kind of), and DDP for a while had goofy taunting elbow or knee drops. Cat pins Buff with the Feliner. No Kanyon Cutter? BULLSHIT.

qfvl.gif

Jeff Jarrett vs Crowbar

Crowbar is now a traditionalist. This is despite him wrestling in jeans, getting a job straight from a gas station, and being in hardcore garbage matches for the past year. He was offended at Jeff making fun of Dusty. EVERYONE makes fun of Dusty. Come on. He's the easiest guy in wrestling history to parody. Crowbar's splash off the apron had to be killer on his knees. Crowbar injured his leg getting tossed out of the ring and Jeff goes after it. Jeff wins clean with the Stroke. He's about to give Crowbar the Shattered Dreams, but Dustin makes a save.

TO THE BACK. Ric talks with Rick and Animal. Ric wants them to take out Hugh so Scott doesn't get too worked up over him.

A Shane Douglas package airs. It's him talking about breaking into wrestling and a history lesson over the issues between he and Flair. When he started out, he asked Flair to watch his matches and help him out. Shane realized Flair wasn't watching his matches. Really, that's what started all that shit? Ric Flair, the world champion and booker, not having time to watch a rookie's match? He claims that Ric Flair's heart lives on in Shane Douglas. Wat.

vlcsnap-2013-03-06-11h20m04s181_zpscf27eb8e.png

TO THE BACK
. Security tell Sean O'Haire he's banned from ringside. Buff sucker punches Sean.

Lex Luger vs Chuck Palumbo

This is weird. 6 months ago, Lex was the face and Chuck was the heel. Lex cuts a long pre match promo about how rich he is, how big his house is, all of his cars, his successful businesses. Palumbo and O'Haire had such an odd face turn. One week they decided they were now faces and that was that. Out of the blue they were mad they got help from the other Thrillers and now they are faces. That's it. Palumbo rolls up Lex while he was flexing. Lex puts Chuck in the Rack after the match. O'Haire comes out and saves Chuck. Buff pulls Lex out of the ring.

TO THE BACK. O'Haire says he's going to fuck up Totally Buffed. Animal and Rick Steiner look for Hugh. Hugh was hiding and locked them in the locker room. Scott heads to the ring.

vlcsnap-2013-03-06-11h51m37s162_zps2da89d42.png

Scott Steiner vs Hugh Morris

Hugh gets powerbombed out of the corner. "NO YOUR MOTHER SUCKS!" I don't know, both guys are phoning it in. I think I'm phoning it in, too. It's noon and I haven't even been to bed yet. Gross German to Steiner. He landed on his head.

qfvz.gif

Animal and Rick break the door down in the back. Hugh misses a moonsault. Belly to belly superplex! Hugh passes out to the Recliner. Steiner wins. Scott is about to break a leg when DDP comes out. DDP doesn't seem to mind too much. But he'll kill Scott if Scott kills Hugh. Eye for an eye shit here. It's getting biblical up in this bitch.

Nitro had two Kanyon Cutters. Thunder had none. Nitro was better.

Would be cool if taker paid tribute to Bearer next week.

Walk out with the urn and do his kneeling pose or something. Maybe get Kane involved if they want.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I already posted in the dedicated Paul Bearer thread this morning, but I'm still bummed about his death, and it feels worse the more I think about how amazing he was at his craft, and how great of a person he was outside of it. There is not a single person that can say something bad about him, and that's an excellent example of how to live your life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I work in real estate and have a natural reflex of avoidance when it comes to Realtors just due to the nature of the business, but I guess I'm going out with one in a couple days. She didn't tell me her age but word around the campfire is she's 50+, and she has had cosmetic surgery (she has some heaters now) - unsure what I'm getting myself into, but fuck it.

Aiii

So not worth it
I work in real estate and have a natural reflex of avoidance when it comes to Realtors just due to the nature of the business, but I guess I'm going out with one in a couple days. She didn't tell me her age but word around the campfire is she's 50+, and she has had cosmetic surgery (she has some heaters now) - unsure what I'm getting myself into, but fuck it.

Fuck it indeed.

As my dad always said to us when we were teenagers: "Op een oude fiets moet je het leren!"

translated: you have to learn to ride on an old bike.

Pretty much all advise my dad has given me that was worth a damn involved getting some. I think this says alot about how I turned out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it indeed.

As my dad always said to us when we were teenagers: "Op een oude fiets moet je het leren!"

translated: you have to learn to ride on an old bike.

Pretty much all advise my dad has given me that was worth a damn involved getting some. I think this says alot about how I turned out.

My dad or anyone in an elder capacity never gave me any advice, but I did alright for myself on my own. Now I will really need to learn how to ride on an old bike as opposed to something more my age :p

So apparently this happened during the Smackdown tapings (not a spoiler):

In something that will almost surely be dark, Ricardo Rodriguez told the fans that later, when Del Rio comes out, they should all say his name, stretching it out as long as they can. I guess the idea is Del Rio isn't as over as they want him to be, so doing this makes him appear to be super over on television.

Babyface ADR simply isn't getting over, pretty sad when they are begging for reactions

I can't remember who said it, but it's totally true that turning Del Rio face does make me like him a little more but more than anything it just makes me like Ricardo less.

Striker

He can pull off both sides pretty well since he has that arrogant look when he dresses himself up.

That said, Miz turns face, still makes bad jokes, has pouty lips, same boring moveset, and has the same boring Miz TV. It's turned into another Ted Dibiase Jr thing where they're trying so hard to get him over and for people to cheer for him.

Babyface ADR simply isn't getting over, pretty sad when they are begging for reactions
Pretty sure that happens quite often not with individual wrestlers but Vince or HHH will have to come out and basically tell the crowd to wake up.

Edit: Actually you know what Rock did this live on Raw and Wrestlemania telling people what to chant and walking them through the chants.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
That's some serious sad news. I just watched him the other day on championship wrestling from Hollywood and he looked in great shape. He was alot slimmer now than his days as takers manager

He got surgery and was very thin after 2003ish

During his last run, he wore a fat suit

Omega

Banned
Punk beating Taker is shit.

If HBK, Mr. Wrestlemania, isn't allowed to do it no one should.

edit - they should have just made ADR like DiBiase. They made him rich, should have put that angle to use instead of just product placement

How about that abysmal hell in a cell match where Taker got to beat up CM Punk for 20 min for the whc title, after the suit thing

Yep. There's two ways that could go--either Taker has seen what Punk has done over the last 3 years, and now respects him and wants to make up for that STUPID incident, or he's a bitter bitch who still remembers that Punk back-talked him in Oct 2009.

I never understood that story in the first place. Here you've got The Undertaker, a guy who has protected his gimmick and honored Kayfabe about as well as anyone could possibly be expected to in the modern age of wrestling, telling CM Punk (a guy whose gimmick should pretty much preclude him from ever wearing a suit,) telling him he should basically be out-of-character in airports and wear a suit. I still can't figure it out, other than it being a "we need to put this young guy in his place" sorta hazing thing.

Penguin

I noticed that on Raw as well, but also felt the Raw crowd was dead overall as well.

Seems like Ricardo's entrance is more over than Del Rio

Top Bottom