• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

When did AJ get that fake tan?Saw the backstage segment on Smackdown with Dbry and she was all orangey.Yuck!
Um she fake tans a lot look Dbryans 18 sec loss at wrestlemania she looks like a cooked turkey

They always overdo it at mania Taker and Orton always look like some red/orange color

Aiii

So not worth it
Um she fake tans a lot look Dbryans 18 sec loss at wrestlemania she looks like a cooked turkey

While you're right about WM. She actually is just a bit paler when she's in spotlights.

She's had the darker skin in her childhood pictures, doubt she was fake tanning back then ;). Comes from her being part Puerto Rican.

strobogo

Banned
Jesus, you know what's terrible? Trying to teach your grandparents how to use a DVD player. Fuck. They can use a cable remote with 70 buttons and arrows and what not, but using arrows and play on a DVD player? Impossible. Why don't DVD players have an auto play option?

Kaladin

Yep. That was fun while it lasted.

This is to notify you that we have removed access to your video, Rami Sebei and Kassius Ohno vs Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (NXT Live 03-08-2013), as a result of a notification by WWE claiming that this material is infringing.

Dailymotion tomorrow.

I'm off to see a man about a watch.

They can ban you from making youtube accounts? I did not know that.

Not exactly, but as youtube's tied in with gmail now it's easier for them to block people - I used to just send myself an invite on gmail when I wanted to make a new account, but now my main email is blocked from sending invites. I can make a new youtube account if I use a non-gmail email address, but since they introduced mobile phone verification I can't ever get the ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, which is a total pain in the ass for wrestling. It's just easier to use dailymotion, as stuff gets removed from there far less often than youtube.

Ithil

Ah man, seems like WWE copyright claimed your video Sandman - DailyMotion is your friend, if you feel like re-uploading it.

Hopefully Paige doesn't ever succumb to the evils of tanning.

iOIX1F9oLKxbn.png

TaXEhku.jpg

Only in her spare time. Perks of living in Florida I guess.

I find it odd that unless i'm mistaken both Main Event and Saturday Morning Slam are absent from the UK tv lineup, but we do get multiple recap shows, NXT and Superstars.

Doombear

Saturday morning slam is amazing today. PPV quality. AJ is not g.

Kane wants an inferno match on Saturday morning slam. Lol

I loved the part after DBry's match, when he ran over to Kane and Kane was saying "See... there it is, the constant need to be validated. You are great Daniel, just keep telling yourself that."

SMS is edited very strange obviously the cut aways when real violence happens. But they edit the crowd sometimes and sometimes they don't. They drown out the crowd for some reason during the entrances and during the matches they add generic crowd noise that they use in ECW DVDs that need entrances edited. It's not like the crowd was dead either Bryan looked like he got a good pop but it wasn't very audible, Josh Mathews and Kane's audio was louder than RAW commentary though so it's hard to hear the crowd in general.

Oh and this made me laugh they had The Rock in the graphic for possible gm's for SMS dude won't even show up for RAW

WCW Saturday Night #8 (1 Hour on F/X)
5,107 @ Alfond Arena

Dark Match: Air Raid v The Harris Brothers
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Air Raid defeated Harris Brothers in 9:56 when Air Styles defeated Don Harris by pinfall with a Styles Clash. (D+)

Dark Match: The Masked Psycho v Fit Finlay
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Fit Finlay defeated The Masked Psycho in 7:54 by disqualification. (D-)

DarK Match: Norman Smiley v DDP
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Diamond Dallas Page defeated Norman Smiley in 9:38 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter.

Dark Match: Road Warrior Animal v Booker T
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Booker T defeated Road Warrior Animal in 15:13 by pinfall with a Harlem Hangover. (C+)

---

Show Start

- Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay & Stevie Ray talk this week's matchs in the #1 Contender's Tournament. (D+)

Match: Kanyon v Hugh Morrus
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Kanyon defeated Hugh Morrus in 7:22 by pinfall. (D)

- Buff Bagwell is in the ring. He says tonight is the night. He's sick of losing to Johnny Swinger. (D-)

- DDP appears at the entrance with Johnny Swinger. DDP says that DDPromotions is all about giving people a chance, so he'll give Bagwell one tonight. If Bagwell beats Swinger, DDP will terminate Swinger's contract - as DDP only manages winners. However, if Swinger wins then Bagwell must leave WCW, and DDP inherits Bagwell's contract and pay cheque. If there's one thing DDP has learned since WCW closed down in March, it's that nothing lasts forever. He just wants to make as much money as possible. (D+)

Match: Buff Bagwell v Johnny Swinger w/DDP
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Johnny Swinger defeated Buff Bagwell in 6:52 by pinfall with a Swing Thing. (D+)

- The fans chant 'goodbye' as Bagwell leaves the ring. (E+)

Match: Rey Misterio Jr. v Rick Steiner
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rick Steiner defeated Rey Misterio Jr. in 7:31 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (C)

- Don Callis & Kevin Nash are in the ring as the show returns from a break. Callis says that after consulting with Kevin Nash he has an announcement to make. He'd like to introduce his first signing to represent Callis' claim on WCW... MIKE AWESOME! Mike Awesome makes his way to the ring. Kevin Nash explains that there's a fight - a war - coming and Bischoff isn't prepared for it. This isn't some NWO outsider takeover, it's about doing what's right. Don Callis is the Owner of WCW, and Kevin Nash, Mike Awesome and a whole load of other guys are going to make sure he's in charge. If Bischoff thought he had a power struggle on his hands last time, he's in for a surprise this time around. (D+)

Match: Scott Steiner v Konnan
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Scott Steiner defeated Konnan in 6:47 by submission. (C-)

- Bill Goldberg has made his way to the ring. He's shouting at Scott Steiner, who attacked Goldberg last week. Goldberg says that sneak attacks aren't going to work, he's not going to be stopped. The rage is building inside of him, he wants revenge, he's coming for Scott Steiner! (B-)

Match: Lance Storm v Bill Goldberg
In an extremely short match, Bill Goldberg defeated Lance Storm in 5:25 by pinfall with The Spear.(C)

Show End (C-)
TV Rating: 0.23 (up from 0.21)

Buff Bagwell has left WCW.
There was a last minute rethink about keeping Bagwell around in WCW, simply because his matches with Swinger over the last month or so had been somewhat decent. However, his overall attitude backstage remained terrible.
DDP's role as Manager is working well.
Don Callis continues to under perform in his role of Authority Figure, however Kevin Nash is doing well in his role as Consultant (to the point of covering Callis' poor performances)
WCW continues to lose Popularity with each TV show.

- There's a War coming. Which side will wrestlers choose?
- The #1 Contender Tournament continues. Kanyon, Swinger, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner & Bill Goldberg all advance to the next round. Who will be the #1 Contender?

#1 Contender Tournament - Round 2
1. Mike Awesome v Dustin Rhodes
2. Lex Luger v Scott Steiner
3. Bill Goldberg v Rick Steiner
4. Kanyon v Johnny Swinger

KissVibes

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zowFiAmFAXM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMijncpDl4w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZx0gcKT7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA8lW7WCV-g

Nice documentary about British Wrestling by VICE. Chances are you've all seen it, but for those who haven't. I enjoyed it myself. Was a good watch. Go from link one, and from there at the end of each vid you can go to the next part in the documentary, or use my links.

Fun series but ICW looks like total shite.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wouldn't be modern day wrestling if there wasn't some shame involved.saveusbasedH

ij00CaeDo80Ov.gif

Lol. First two rows throw up their hands in 'WTF?'

One it lead to Goatface's big push so it actually worked out well for him; getting stuck in the WHC rut is the worst possible fate and his run before that was also pretty amusing.

Two it's still not the worst recent Wrestlemania squash match. JBL versus Rey was even worse.

Not exactly, but as youtube's tied in with gmail now it's easier for them to block people - I used to just send myself an invite on gmail when I wanted to make a new account, but now my main email is blocked from sending invites. I can make a new youtube account if I use a non-gmail email address, but since they introduced mobile phone verification I can't ever get the ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, which is a total pain in the ass for wrestling. It's just easier to use dailymotion, as stuff gets removed from there far less often than youtube.

Ah okay. That make sense.

Sucks about your accounts ;_;

Striker

One it lead to Goatface's big push so it actually worked out well for him; getting stuck in the WHC rut is the worst possible fate and his run before that was also pretty amusing.

Two it's still not the worst recent Wrestlemania squash match. JBL versus Rey was even worse.

It led him to a WWE title feud where he lost almost every time, and then after that he fell into a dead tag division and has been there since.

Razorskin

----- ------

I'm glad Bryan at least got some top tier matches with punk afterwards.

Oh I can never forget Rey's look at Mania that year...

Before he was the Dark Knight...

Ua0wt3v.jpg

...He was the fucking Joker

dkimktO.png

somedevil

It led him to a WWE title feud where he lost almost every time, and then after that he fell into a dead tag division and has been there since.

You always mr. positive as usual. It lead him to be in the title hunt for 7 straight monthes and he lost to the guy who had the title for 1 year which is pretty good to me. It also gave us 3 great title matches.

What happened if that didn't happen then? My guess is he wouldn't have gotten the push because he wouldn't become super over due that 18 second loss.

The tag team division actually picked up for the beginning and everyone loved it here. Its gone down and I believe its about time for him to go back to singles, but you can't deny that loss led him much better things.

KissVibes

Banned

Yeah, but not by design. Who knew the fucking crowd would be screaming for Daniel Bryan all night and then it continued at events until they gave him 'major' storylines. And yes, the tag division kinda sucks right now but Kane and Bryan are still major parts of their business despite that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DB is ridiculously over still. His best career move was losing that belt.

WHC is the biggest roadblock to actually main eventing and has been since the beginning of the Cena era.

Striker

You always mr. positive as usual. It lead him to be in the title hunt for 7 straight monthes and he lost to the guy who had the title for 1 year which is pretty good to me. It also gave us 3 great title matches.

What happened if that didn't happen then? My guess is he wouldn't have gotten the push because he wouldn't become super over due that 18 second loss.

The tag team division actually picked up for the beginning and everyone loved it here. Its gone down and I believe its about time for him to go back to singles, but you can't deny that loss led him much better things.
I'm positive if the guy has some upswing. He was in better position in beating Big Show/Mark Henry than he was anytime after that. He was getting his stardom at that point. And he was getting ample time and winning matches. Getting over like that while in a feud with guys like that, just imagine if he had opportunities with guys like Jericho, Orton, Ziggler, or Sheamus (without the awful Cena-Lite booking).

While I really liked his comedy stuff with Kane for a short while, it's run its course and should've ended months ago. Rhodes Scholars should have been tag champs at least once, just like I feel Bryan or Jericho should've gotten a title win themselves but they always ended up losing those key matches.

WHC is the biggest roadblock to actually main eventing and has been since the beginning of the Cena era.
Not since WWE decided to destroy all but everything Smackdown had to offer. When they had Batista, Undertaker, and Edge it was often on par with what they did over on RAW (main evented plenty off PPV's). Helped later when Jericho was getting reigns and he's gotten entertaining stuff from everyone. Meanwhile the WWE title was just shared between Triple H, Orton, and Cena. zzzzZzzz

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really didn't watch during those years so I don't know when the WHC started to be the jobber title. It was definitely by the time I came back (Randy Orton was on top, feuding with everyone and eventually basically running RAW.)

I know for awhile when I didn't watch at all Smackdown was at one point the better show from all aspects; better ratings, got the top billing at most shared PPVs, better talent, better storyline, hell at one point better commentators.

lol how does anyone end up seeing things this way? Dude wasn't over at all before except with workrate nerds and now he's one of the most over guys they have. That's all that matters in pro wrasslin'.

somedevil

I'm positive if the guy has some upswing. He was in better position in beating Big Show/Mark Henry than he was anytime after that. He was getting his stardom at that point. And he was getting ample time and winning matches. Getting over like that while in a feud with guys like that, just imagine if he had opportunities with guys like Jericho, Orton, Ziggler, or Sheamus (without the awful Cena-Lite booking).

When Bryan got the money in the bank he was not booked great, not Ziggler horrible, but was not over. The plan in the beginning was him being a bland babyface and facing Henry at Wrestlemania where Daniel Bryan said in interview he thought he was going to lose.

It changed when Henry broke down and they gave him the title in December. When he got the title his promos, AJ and his Yes character got him over. He was always going to lose to Sheamus at Wrestlemania. When they did it 18 seconds they planned to move Sheamus directly to feud with Alberto Del Rio.

The 18 seconds lost led to a fan revolt that got him insanely over and led him being a merchandise machine. It also led to him getting his extreme rules match and all those other title shots.

Basically, he was going to get his title reign then fade away, but the loss saved him from becoming Ziggler.

Top Bottom