• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Ziggler was over in December, briefly. He beat Cena. He beat Orton in that Survivor Series match. Now he's just a jobber again.

I think he has all the talent but his look still screams midcarder. He needs a new everything.

After watching Bryan vs Barret on Saturday morning Slam i miss Bryan having actual matches instead of those tag team matches he has against kane

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I came up with a good albeit gimmicky idea to rehab the US/Intercontinental titles.

Rankings and relegation. Also make the US title a TV title that needs to be defended at least once a week on US TV.

Champions who hold the US title for two months are rewarded by moving up to the IC bracket, starting a new US title tournament. If you have won the US title twice or more your permanently in the hunt for the IC belt. The IC belt must be defended at a PPV. An IC champion for three months gets an automatic shot at the Heavyweight belt at the next PPV. Two or more time IC champions are also automatically qualified for the Heavyweight/WHC divisions.

The number one contender is decided by "wins and losses" or whatever the hell the powers that be decide. Of course a champ that loses the belt becomes the number one contender automatically, but if they lose again they are bumped down to the bottom of the bracket.

FyreWulff

Random aside, I think they should slowly transition the WHC into just being the "World Championship". Weight classes don't mean much without a cruiserweight division.

Kaladin

Ringside at Chikara, going to be a good night.

x3F3kfe.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's been almost three years, damn.

I never really liked him until he left and I started missing him. It's probably partially this thread's fault for constantly reminding me about him.

Omega

Banned
I came up with a good albeit gimmicky idea to rehab the US/Intercontinental titles.

Rankings and relegation. Also make the US title a TV title that needs to be defended at least once a week on US TV.

Champions who hold the US title for two months are rewarded by moving up to the IC bracket, starting a new US title tournament. If you have won the US title twice or more your permanently in the hunt for the IC belt. The IC belt must be defended at a PPV. An IC champion for three months gets an automatic shot at the Heavyweight belt at the next PPV. Two or more time IC champions are also automatically qualified for the Heavyweight/WHC divisions.

The number one contender is decided by "wins and losses" or whatever the hell the powers that be decide. Of course a champ that loses the belt becomes the number one contender automatically, but if they lose again they are bumped down to the bottom of the bracket.
midcard titles are dead and there is no fixing it

WHC needs to go. there was a time when Smackdown was a separate brand with its own PPVs but not anymore. it hasn't even been relevant since it was a Raw title in 2003. Smackdown itself needs to go. put that 3rd hr of Raw to use instead of it being pure filler and pushing WWE app

although it wont happen. vince needs to jerk off to Smackdown being the most watched show on Friday...

Verendus

Banned
It really should have been Batista vs. Lesnar instead of Triple H vs. Lesnar II at this Wrestlemania. The fans would go bonkers if Brotista returned. Book it as a street fight, and you have the potential match of the night.

Ripclawe

Banned
Meanwhile in Seoul, South Korea
Eagle has landed - Seoul, South Korea.

Kickin' off this global beast GI JOE press tour.

And yes, thats my GI JOE Roadblock action figure in my left hand. My 12" bodyguard.
483769_10151595578249384_818437006_n.jpg

From Dixie Carter's twitter

@TNADixie: #Slammiversary will mark TNA's first show ever in the city of Boston. June 2nd. Agganis Arena at Boston Univ. campus.

Going to a college campus is a smart idea suprise more companies don't do it.

Ydahs

From Dixie Carter's twitter

Going to a college campus is a smart idea suprise more companies don't do it.

I have like a month or two of TNA catching up to do, how long until they start heading out on the road on a weekly basis?

Can't wait until they leave the horrid impact zone.

daemissary

I'm sure there was plenty of love for him during the show but I just got around to watching Smackdown and wow was Brad Maddox great on commentary.

Can we please get him every week? He made a mediocre episode totally watchable.

tj hazuki

Jump ship, Bobby, JUMP SHIP!

I have like a month or two of TNA catching up to do, how long until they start heading out on the road on a weekly basis?

Can't wait until they leave the horrid impact zone.

This Thursday, I believe. I can finally watch TNA again regularly.

somedevil

Wonder why Booby Roode is missing. Here is your answere:

TNA Tag Team Champion Bobby Roode's contract recently expired, which is why he has not appeared on the Impact Wrestling television show since the UK tapings. Roode was not spotted at the fan interaction event on Saturday, leaving his status for Sunday's Lockdown pay-per-view in question. Roode and Austin Aries are scheduled to defend the tag titles against Christopher Daniels and Kazarian, and Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez in a three-way tag match at the pay-per-view

Is rumored he had to tell the company that his contract was up. lol Is he going to pull a Jeff Jarrett and then run off to WWE or will he stay?

If this were the monday night wars he would be on Raw this monday with the tag team belt and then cut a promo and throw the title in the garbage.
If this were the monday night wars half of the TNA titles would have been thrown in garbage on RAW its like nobody is paying attention to their wrestlers contracts

How do you guys keep the fandom fires burning when the product is inconsistent or consistently bad?

The rest of their shows NXT, Main Event, Superstars even Saturday Morning Slam are great to good. RAW is a ratings driven show thats barely a wrestling show anymore. Just watch for the wrestler you like so you don't have to watch 3 hours. Theres always bright spots. Its hard to enjoy the main event scene though because no matter what you have to get over the fact that Cena will ALWAYS win no matter what he will win

tumblr_mitbtwhWZn1qhjbxeo2_400.gif

iFTBuVPBd4KR7.gif

How do you guys keep the fandom fires burning when the product is inconsistent or consistently bad?

My wrestling fandom fire is sort of like modern videogame health systems. If I just stop watching for a while it regenerates so I can come back and be disappointed again. In the meantime there's a ton of other stuff to watch/read/play to fill that void.

Top Bottom