• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Sabucin

image.php

My wrestling fandom fire is sort of like modern videogame health systems. If I just stop watching for a while it regenerates so I can come back and be disappointed again. In the meantime there's a ton of other stuff to watch/read/play to fill that void.

What about Revengeance's health system? What wrestling company is there to ZANDATSU right now?

Sabucin

Bobby Roode is a free agent now? According to some reports, his contract has expired and his status is unknown.

TNA Tag Team Champion Bobby Roode's contract recently expired, which is why he has not appeared on the Impact Wrestling television show since the UK tapings. Roode was not spotted at the fan interaction event on Saturday, leaving his status for Sunday's Lockdown pay-per-view in question. Roode and Austin Aries are scheduled to defend the tag titles against Christopher Daniels and Kazarian, and Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez in a three-way tag match at the pay-per-view. [Thanks to Dot Net reader Charles K. for the fan interaction update]

Powell's POV: The talk in the locker room is that talent relations head Bruce Prichard mistakenly allowed Roode's contract to expire. One source stated that Roode actually had to bring it to the company's attention. If the locker room scuttlebutt is accurate, then it's a very embarrassing and potentially costly blunder by the talent relations department.

strobogo

Banned
TNA most definitely gonna TNA. I can see them not being up to date on the contract of a guy like Robbie E or something, but not a guy who has been the focus of their shows for the past 2 1/2 years.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
BOBEH ROOOOOOOO

is not in San Antonio right now

WWE wouldn't sign him now anyway. He would have to "learn WWE style" in nXt so he wouldn't be on tv for months.

somedevil

BOBEH ROOOOOOOO

is not in San Antonio right now

WWE wouldn't sign him now anyway. He would have to "learn WWE style" in nXt so he wouldn't be on tv for months.

He is around Indianapolis, IN? Also, he is 36 and if he wants some WWE money this is his chance. I doubt he will go to nxt because TNA style is closer to WWE then the Indies. This is a great chance for Vince to stick it to them for that lawsuit.

Also, RVD contract has expired as well, but not sure if TNA wants to bring him back.

Ultratech

TNA most definitely gonna TNA. I can see them not being up to date on the contract of a guy like Robbie E or something, but not a guy who has been the focus of their shows for the past 2 1/2 years.

Yep, that's pretty bad.

Yet it sounds like something TNA would do.

They are truly mind-boggling at times.

gurudyne

Choose a wrestler, and cling like your life depended on it.

Pretty much. There's quite a few who can be consistently good, but you'll either hate the show more because they're never given a chance (Ziggler springs to mind) or hate everyone associated with the show because your favorites are given a chance and the crowd doesn't respond (everyone besides the legends, Cena, Orton and Sheamus).

Then you move onto CHIKARA or another indie fed and try to forget the WWE/TNA. But you come back. There's always something to drag you back. Game changing promos, an indie darling makes his debut, an unforeseen perfect union of wrestler and gimmick like Brotista. Sometimes it can make you forget the bad times. And then it's gone.

Then the cycle repeats.

strobogo

Banned
Man, Ass Creed 3, what the fuck is going on? Play 2 hours as white dude slogging through snow only to find out he's a Templar. SWERVE. Then you're a kid with a bunch of other kids with terrible VA. Then you're kind of an adult and everyone speaks in a language that maybe .002% of people anywhere understand and it's all in subtitles. Still own a tube TV? Go fuck yourself, because the subtitles will be tiny as FUCK. Then I'm an eagle. What the fuck is going on?

tm24

I love how chikara's answer to problems is to put more ants in matches

Orbit Adventure ant is the best name

I just finally got the new naming scheme for that group. Cant believe it took me that long to figure out

Mr. Sandman, how toyetic is this new group of ants?

Kaladin

So Chikara basically had to remove their main event from the card tonight because Eddie Kingston wasn't there for unknown reasons. They made the ten person tag the main event and switched out Saturyne for Green Ant. I'm assuming Green Ant will get his shot down the line.

As far as the wrestling goes, it was kind of disappointing. Quack/Fire vs Shard/Jigsaw was the best match of the night and the rest was somewhere between meh and decent. On the other hand, it's probably the most fun I've ever had at a wrestling show...and I'm saying this as someone who has been to many wrestling shows. Would I buy the event if I wasn't sitting directly across from hard camera? Eh.....probably not. It is largely skippable aside from the Colony Extreme Force shenanigans.

Man, Ass Creed 3, what the fuck is going on? Play 2 hours as white dude slogging through snow only to find out he's a Templar. SWERVE.
Then you're a kid with a bunch of other kids with terrible VA. Then you're kind of an adult and everyone speaks in a language that maybe .002% of people anywhere understand and it's all in subtitles. Still own a tube TV? Go fuck yourself, because the subtitles will be tiny as FUCK. Then I'm an eagle. What the fuck is going on?

Yeah let's just go announcing spoilers in the middle of an unrelated thread.

DiscoJon

Banned
New Japan is my Zandatsu. Whenever I find myself in need of a shot of wrestling electrolytes, I CUT ONE OF THOSE SHOWS IN HALF AND.....

DEAD ON

BULL'S EYE

Niiiiiiiiiice. I've been Revengeancing as well.

On that note, I would kill, KILL, if a Diva entered to this music:

http://youtu.be/oOB_ceY_BHg

She would have to be a hard ass that you would believe that could kick your teeth in. Like Daffney or Victoria. Not an AJ type, sorry marks.

Niiiiiiiiiice. I've been Revengeancing as well.

On that note, I would kill, KILL, if a Diva entered to this music:

http://youtu.be/oOB_ceY_BHg

She would have to be a hard ass that you would believe that could kick your teeth in. Like Daffney or Victoria. Not an AJ type, sorry marks.

AJ could never use that theme and seem convincing with it.

Also, fuck you. Now I have to listen to that theme on repeat AGAIN.

I KNOW IT'S TEMPTING TO JUMP OFF THE EDGE AND FLY BUT THIS IS NOT A DREAM

i experienced Revengeance through a YouTube "let's play".

even counting cutscenes it lasted less than 6 hours, jesus fuck. it's a 10€ game to me, anything higher than that is criminal.

DiscoJon

Banned

even counting cutscenes it lasted less than 6 hours, jesus fuck. it's a 10€ game to me, anything higher than that is criminal.

Eh, maybe on a quick playthru. The replay value is super high though, with multiple difficulty levels, VR Missions and upcoming DLC content. With this game it's not about time, it's about the fucking hype and thrill... And holy shit when that crazy music hits and you're fighting some insane boss battle. COMPLETELY WORTH IT.

As a long time gamer, I can attest that it's worth every dollar (or euro) you spend.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Eh, maybe on a quick playthru. The replay value is super high though, with multiple difficulty levels, VR Missions and upcoming DLC content. With this game it's not about time, it's about the fucking hype and thrill... And holy shit when that crazy music hits and you're fighting some insane boss battle. COMPLETELY WORTH IT.

As a long time gamer, I can attest that it's worth every dollar (or euro) you spend.

what a thrill

You're talking entirely out of your ass. If a friend didn't give me a free copy, I would've ended up paying $60 for it. And after playing through the game only twice, I can say it would've been worth every penny.

You're talking entirely out of your ass. If a friend didn't give me a free copy, I would've ended up paying $60 for it. And after playing through the game only twice, I can say it would've been worth every penny.

i'm pretty sure i'm not talking out of my ass, that's anatomically impossible.

DiscoJon

Banned
Enough of this video game nonsense. This is Wrasslegaf dammit.

I thought for the longest time that El Generico and Delirious were the same guy. True story.

DiscoJon

Banned
I hope to god that WWE signs Bobby ROOOOOOOOOOOO. So much wasted talent in TNA right now.

Aries, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Booby RHUUUUU, Jimmy Storm, Magnus, the mother fn' Motor City Machine Guns...

God, even the Stinger. I know he's got one good last match in him...
images

Striker

midcard titles are dead and there is no fixing it

WHC needs to go. there was a time when Smackdown was a separate brand with its own PPVs but not anymore. it hasn't even been relevant since it was a Raw title in 2003. Smackdown itself needs to go. put that 3rd hr of Raw to use instead of it being pure filler and pushing WWE app

although it wont happen. vince needs to jerk off to Smackdown being the most watched show on Friday...
They need to be unified both the WHC/WWE into one, and the IC/US into one.

They use all the Smackdown talent on RAW anyway, there's no brand extension so it makes no sense. If they had developed a proper tag division or cruiserweight, or hell even put something like NXT (prior to becoming a MTV-lite show) on it. For years since they nabbed all the top guys from it and they use them for both shows anyway, it's been irrelevant.

Kazuchika Okada is calling the new submission finisher he debuted at New Japan's 41st Anniversary 'Red Ink';

iZ2LMMYYO5OvJ.gif

Okada says that too many people know how to counter the Rain Maker and that he'll get revenge on Minoru Suzuki and win the New Japan Cup using Red Ink. He also says that he wants to face CHAOS team-mate Shinsuke Nakamura in the NJ Cup final, as he wants to correct the loss he suffered to Nakamura in last year's G1 Climax tournament.

Not so keen on STFs or their variations, but I like the way Okada wrenches back with the chin-lock. Actually looks painful, unlike you-know-who's.

Kazuchika Okada is calling the new submission finisher he debuted at New Japan's 41st Anniversary 'Red Ink';

iZ2LMMYYO5OvJ.gif

Okada says that too many people know how to counter the Rain Maker and that he'll get revenge on Minoru Suzuki and win the New Japan Cup using Red Ink. He also says that he wants to face CHAOS team-mate Shinsuke Nakamura in the NJ Cup final, as he wants to correct the loss he suffered to Nakamura in last year's G1 Climax tournament.

Not so keen on STFs or their variations, but I like the way Okada wrenches back with the chin-lock. Actually looks painful, unlike you-know-who's.

Not too keen on the setup, but the final chin lock/pull is great.

Top Bottom