• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
if i'm not mistaking...

WWE did sign one of the MCM and Consequences Creed (who's been in nXt/FCW for a long time)

So if you think ROOOOOOO would be coming up to the main roster immediately, you are delusional.

Razorskin

----- ------
https://twitter.com/WWEZeb/status/310196604906921985

This sums up the whole BE A * bullshit from the WWE.

W1YgxyV_zps4df59b72.gif

He's a heel dude.

Hightower

Banned
if i'm not mistaking...

WWE did sign one of the MCM and Consequences Creed (who's been in nXt/FCW for a long time)

So if you think ROOOOOOO would be coming up to the main roster immediately, you are delusional.

WWE did not sign Alex Shelley.. that's why he's in Japan.

And Creed was signed after TNA released him.

Roode isn't going anywhere, I think he likes being a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

strobogo

Banned
Booby Roode going straight to the main roster wouldn't mean anything anyway. No one is going to tune into Raw because Bobby Roode jumped ships. I think he's a bit old to hang out in NXT for 3-4 years, though.

Razorskin

----- ------
Booby Roode going straight to the main roster wouldn't mean anything anyway. No one is going to tune into Raw because Bobby Roode jumped ships. I think he's a bit old to hang out in NXT for 3-4 years, though.

He could join the Funkasaurus stable and be called Scooby Roo.

Hightower

Banned
I hope to god that WWE signs Bobby ROOOOOOOOOOOO. So much wasted talent in TNA right now.

Aries, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Booby RHUUUUU, Jimmy Storm, Magnus, the mother fn' Motor City Machine Guns...

God, even the Stinger. I know he's got one good last match in him...

The Guns are broke up. Chris Sabin is most likely done with wrestling after injuring his knee twice in a row...

Shelley is a tag champ in Japan.

Thought I'd do the whole 'Match of the Day' thing again, seeing as I've got over a terabyte of wrestling just sitting here on my HDDs - so, without further ado, here's a match I was raving about last month, featuring two of the toughest wrestlers in Japan kicking the crap out of each other;

Genichiro Tenryu vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (WAR 11/27/97)

iHbOKVFXoNo1G.gif

Also, CHIKARA announced the first match for their WrestleMania weekend iPPV; Saturyne vs Kobald, plus, the in-ring return of UltraMantis Black!

Kaladin

I thought Chikara had decided to not make their show an iPPV?

All of the events taking place over Wrestlecon will be iPPVs except for the CHIKARA event on 4/6 as the promotion elected not to do an iPPV. All of the other events, including Kaiju Big Battel and SHIMMER as well as DGUSA and EVOLVE, will be iPPVs. The only exception may be CZW, which has not finalized their plans.

strobogo

Banned
Tenryu was such a surly asshole in the ring. Even in his early days. The Japanese do the "surly old asshole wrestler" thing better than anyone.

I thought Chikara had decided to not make their show an iPPV?

Oh shit, I must have missed that :(

Fuck, oh well. Not like it wasn't already a pretty stacked weekend as it is - I'll be watching EVOLVE, SHIMMER, DGUSA, ROH & Mania.

Tenryu was such a surly asshole in the ring. Even in his early days. The Japanese do the "surly old asshole wrestler" thing better than anyone.

Yeah, there's a ton of tough, old shit-kickers in Japan and I love watching them work - guys like Takayama & Tenryu destroying younger guys like KENTA is always amazing to see. Fujiwara comes off as a particularly nasty old bastard, especially in that match against Tenryu.

Kaladin

Why can't TNA run 1,000 person night clubs and provide a show with sell out crowds and a unique atmosphere each week instead of cornering off arenas that they have no chance in hell of selling out?

Why can't TNA run 1,000 person night clubs and provide a show with sell out crowds and a unique atmosphere each week instead of cornering off arenas that they have no chance in hell of selling out?

Because that would actually make some sort of sense and making sense is something TNA seems to actively avoid.

When's the last time AJ had a decent wrestling match?

I haven't been following TNA at all closely, but the last I remember was that Last Man Standing match against Daniels from Destination-X;

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - (TNA 07/08/12)

Kaladin

He's a bad guy, he's supposed to say stuff like that.

It's bullying behavior from the "good guys" that is the troubling thing.

The troubling thing is she asked for it and then she's like "Hey, be nice." I mean, just how long have you been a wrestling fan?

My wrestling fandom fire is sort of like modern videogame health systems. If I just stop watching for a while it regenerates so I can come back and be disappointed again. In the meantime there's a ton of other stuff to watch/read/play to fill that void.

This post sums up why I took a little break from wrestling altogether, and why I feel so much less agitated while watching the bigger promotions now. I never really thought of it that way, but it's dead on.

I'm just glad I didn't storm out of last month's thread in a huff while I was at it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Because they want themselves to look bigger than they are.

If they actually booked a venue they could sell out they wouldn't look better than any of the other indies but Dixie believes they are WWEs level.

Penguin

So trying to do a list for my site, of the Top 7 WrestleMania performers

Clearly, HBK and Taker will be near the top, but who else would you include on the list?

Angle?
Edge?
Savage?

Trying to think of others. While some great moments by big stars, not sure any of them have a stellar match record.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So trying to do a list for my site, of the Top 7 WrestleMania performers

Clearly, HBK and Taker will be near the top, but who else would you include on the list?

Angle?
Edge?
Savage?

Trying to think of others. While some great moments by big stars, not sure any of them have a stellar match record.

Austin? Hart?

here is the card for Lcokdown tonight.

looks decent

1 Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bully Ray Steel Cage match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
2 Team TNA (Sting, Magnus, Samoa Joe, James Storm and Eric Young) vs. Aces & Eights (Devon, Mr. Anderson, Mike Knox, DOC and Garett Bischoff) Lethal Lockdown match
3 Kurt Angle vs. Wes Brisco Steel Cage match
4 Velvet Sky (c) vs. Gail Kim Singles match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship
5 Austin Aries and Bobby Roode (c) vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez Three-Way Tag Team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship
6 Kenny King (c) vs. Christian York vs. Zema Ion Three-Way match for the TNA X Division Championship
7 Joseph Park vs. Joey Ryan Singles match
8 Robbie E vs. Robbie T

Aiii

So not worth it
Quick and dirty PREDICTION TIME! YAY!

Joseph Park vs. Joey Ryan
Wait, what? When was this anounced? When was Joey last on TV? Yeah, there's no way Joe Park isn't getting the win in this one. Yeah, Joseph.

Robbie E. vs. Robbie T.
It says alot that after all this time I still don't know which Robbie is E. and which is Robbie T. Big Rob.

TNA X-Divison Title 3-Way Match:
Kenny King (c) vs. Christian York vs. Zema Ion

I like Kenny King, and since he only just became champ it really doesn't make sense for him to lose now.

TNA Knockouts Championship Match
Velvet Sky (c) vs. Gail Kim

I don't get the appeal of Velvet Sky. I really don't. I hope Gail wins the title.

Steel Cage Match
Kurt Angle vs. Wes Brisco

Heh. Snore Angle versus Not A Shell Of His Father Brisco. Brisco's only plus is that out of the team of Garrett and Brisco he's the one I dislike the least, so I guess there's that. Just another match with which Angle gets to bury his legacy just a little bit further. Angle wins because former WWE wrestler lol.

TNA Tag Team Championship Match
Austin Aries & Bobby Roode (c) vs. Chavo & Hernandez vs. Bad Influence

Awesome Aries and Bobby Rooooooooo should and will win this, there's plenty of room left for their comedy angle to continue and it should. Daniels and Kaz are always great in and outside of the ring so those two teams will make this match amazing. I will consider this five stars if one of either teams members injures Chavo and sidelines him for a year or so, that would be great.

Lethal Lockdown
Sting, Magnus, Eric Young, Samoa Joe & James Storm vs. The Aces & Eights

Jobber Stable vs. Sting's Team of Invincibility. I wonder who will win this?

Steel Cage Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bully Ray

Bully Ray finally gets to go heel again, even if it is as president of Aces and Eights. I'm just happy this terrible kissing Hogan's Ass angle is going to end. Also a plus? Hardy finally loses the title to the rightfull best character in the company: (heel) Bully Ray

somedevil

Well the Bobby Roode contract problem is over:

Bobby Roode is in San Antonio, TX. He and TNA have worked out the contract issues and he will be working tonight's PPV. We have been told his contact expiring was Bruce Prichard's fault, but the situation has been rectified.

In Daniel Bryan and Kane news:

There has been talk recently in WWE of having Daniel Bryan and Kane defend the WWE tag team championship at WrestleMania and doing the angle there to split the team up for good.

I wonder if they lose the titles to Ziggler and Big E since they did that Bryan and AJ backstage segment on Smackdown.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nah, Ziggler is becoming WHC.

They did the AJ/Bryan segment because of (I guess) we needed another 18 seconds loss reminder and the fact that both are running for Saturday Morning Slam GM right now.

For those interested, you can vote for that here: http://myvortexx.com/shows/wwe-saturday-morning-slam

AJ/Ziggler and Bryan are currently tied with each getting 45%, the rest get to divide the remaining 10%.

TNA Tag Team Championship Match
Austin Aries & Bobby Roode (c) vs. Chavo & Hernandez vs. Bad Influence

Awesome Aries and Bobby Rooooooooo should and will win this, there's plenty of room left for their comedy angle to continue and it should. Daniels and Kaz are always great in and outside of the ring so those two teams will make this match amazing. I will consider this five stars if one of either teams members injures Chavo and sidelines him for a year or so, that would be great.

More likely, that POS Hernandez will injure someone who actually matters with his shitty, reckless wrestling. Guy's a complete liability.

I was hoping Kane and Bryan would've split by now and be heading into the long overdue grudge match at WM so I could see Bryan pull a solid match out of Kane on the grandest stage of them all, plus it would give me something to be sort of hyped for as opposed to by the numbers WWE tag booking.

If WWE actually wanted to make things interesting they'd make it a triangle ladder match or something fun which would help get others on the card, instead we'll get a 3 minute opener standard tag match.

somedevil

Nah, Ziggler is becoming WHC.

They did the AJ/Bryan segment because of (I guess) we needed another 18 seconds loss reminder and the fact that both are running for Saturday Morning Slam GM right now.

For those interested, you can vote for that here: http://myvortexx.com/shows/wwe-saturday-morning-slam

AJ/Ziggler and Bryan are currently tied with each getting 45%, the rest get to divide the remaining 10%.

They already have plans for a Swagger and Del Rio match for extreme rules so not sure he will have the title at Wrestlemania, but my idea was for him to have the tag title and the world title as well.

Top Bottom