• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i'm half worried they won't give Ziggler the belt because they don't want Cena to be the only person to ever fail a MITB cash-in match.

Alucard

Banned
I really hope that Punk and Undertaker can put on a good show and deliver a match we'll all be talking about for years. A man who wants his streak acknowledged and respected versus a man whose streak is honoured and revered. It's a built-in storyline, and this is the first time in YEARS that Undertaker is actually going to wrestle a legitimate heel at Wrestlemania. That alone has my interest.

Razorskin

----- ------
D065PMC.jpg

Triple H with vibrams

Brock needs to tweet the same picture with the whole rack loaded.

Alucard

Banned
I honestly give no shits about the PPV tonight.

I don't even know any of the matches. I've tuned TNA out almost completely at this point. Way too much disappointment given the talent the company has. I just...give up. I'll track down the good stuff, but I refuse to watch Impact unless I hear of a major culture change.

On a random note, Aces and Eights is literally the WORST faction storyline ever. I don't see how anyone could doubt that. It's long with little payoff, the group's motivations are murky as hell, and the people involved are C-grade talent.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I really hope that Punk and Undertaker can put on a good show and deliver a match we'll all be talking about for years. A man who wants his streak acknowledged and respected versus a man whose streak is honoured and revered. It's a built-in storyline, and this is the first time in YEARS that Undertaker is actually going to wrestle a legitimate heel at Wrestlemania. That alone has my interest.

I don't know if Undertaker still has enough in the tank for the match we want to see.

strobogo

Banned
wcw2001.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 3/14/2001

The last go home show to the last PPV WCW will ever have. I find myself not very sad after the prior nearly 2 years of crushing medocrity, nonsense booking, and SWERVES. WCW were losing $5 Million a month in 2000. That's with the backing of a major conglomerate, prime time shows on major cable networks, and big stars. ECW lost about $7 Million total in 2000 with no backing, a shitty time slot on a shitty network that they had to PAY for, and no stars.

The bad news is, in total WCW fashion, the video of the final go home show for the final WCW PPV is completely unwatchable, so I'll just give you the results.

Filthy Animals beat 2 Count to make it to the finals of the WCW CW TTC. Suck it.
Jason Jett defeated Alex Wright
Shawn Stasiak defeated Reno
Palumbo and O'Haire beat Totally Buffed in a 4 corners elimination match
Shane Helms defeated Kwee Wee
Hugh Morris/Konnan defeated Disco/Mike Sanders
Jeff Jarrett/Rick Steiner defeated DDP/Dustin Rhodes

Alucard

Banned
I don't know if Undertaker still has enough in the tank for the match we want to see.

That's part of the allure of the match, isn't it? Whether you're skeptical about it or not, you -want- to see what will happen. It could be a disaster, as unlikely as that is, a decent match, or a five-star classic. I'd like to think that Taker and Punk are talking about their match every day between now and Mania.

Entropia

No One Remembers
wcw2001.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 3/14/2001

The last go home show to the last PPV WCW will ever have. I find myself not very sad after the prior nearly 2 years of crushing medocrity, nonsense booking, and SWERVES. WCW were losing $5 Million a month in 2000. That's with the backing of a major conglomerate, prime time shows on major cable networks, and big stars. ECW lost about $7 Million total in 2000 with no backing, a shitty time slot on a shitty network that they had to PAY for, and no stars.

The bad news is, in total WCW fashion, the video of the final go home show for the final WCW PPV is completely unwatchable, so I'll just give you the results.

Filthy Animals beat 2 Count to make it to the finals of the WCW CW TTC. Suck it.
Jason Jett defeated Alex Wright
Shawn Stasiak defeated Reno
Palumbo and O'Haire beat Totally Buffed in a 4 corners elimination match
Shane Helms defeated Kwee Wee
Hugh Morris/Konnan defeated Disco/Mike Sanders
Jeff Jarrett/Rick Steiner defeated DDP/Dustin Rhodes

You're coming up on the end of it all :((

I used to like Hernandez until I saw his shitty finisher. It looked even worse in MVP's music video where the model he did it to nearly didn't make it into the pool. He makes Ryback look like D.Brine in the ring.

strobogo

Banned
You're coming up on the end of it all :((

Yes, and I'm ready.

Unrelated, I took about a 9 mile walk today (the trails were too muddy from snow, melting, and then rain, so I walked the whole way on concrete. I regret it already.) and passed people LARPing in a park. It was pretty weird.

Striker

I never said it would be a long run.
I think we were lucky to see guys like Bryan and Henry to get 3 month-ish reigns. By saying that, it's just not in Vince's behavior much to give heels a good, lengthy title run (Miz in late 2010/early 2011 is rare exception; Vince loved him going to interviews in the meanwhile). For all the titles that Edge won, he was getting a month only to lose it the next PPV. Orton was always swapping back and forth with Cena.

Sheamus and Punk have been the longer title holders in recent memory for the WHC/WWE respectively. Punk was a face for the majority of his. There's your sign.

That's part of the allure of the match, isn't it? Whether you're skeptical about it or not, you -want- to see what will happen. It could be a disaster, as unlikely as that is, a decent match, or a five-star classic. I'd like to think that Taker and Punk are talking about their match every day between now and Mania.

It wont be a disaster Punk pretty much had the same match about a month ago with The Rock at Elimination Chamber the worst is Taker will spend a majority of the match resting. Punk will just have to carry the match.

so is punk/taker or Brock/h going to have a stipulation. i can see Brock/h being a last man standing or even a first blood(yea the chances are 0 but they have an in if hey want to take it)

Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bully Ray Steel Cage match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Bully does the heel turn and wins the TNA Championship while Hulk has to comfort a distraught Brooke as the show goes to Black. .

Team TNA (Sting, Magnus, Samoa Joe, James Storm and Eric Young) vs. Aces & Eights (Devon, Mr. Anderson, Mike Knox, DOC and Garett Bischoff) Lethal Lockdown match

Aces and Eights cheat somehow to get the win and continue on with this angle that just needs to end.

Kurt Angle vs. Wes Brisco Steel Cage match

Angle in no way should lose to Brisco. Being that this is TNA I'm already second guessing myself

Velvet Sky (c) vs. Gail Kim Singles match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship

I get a good laugh out of Velvet matches so I'm pulling for her

Austin Aries and Bobby Roode (c) vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez Three-Way Tag Team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship

Roo resigned today so they gotta be retaining. I hope Hernandez goes through a table early and is never seen again.

Kenny King (c) vs. Christian York vs. Zema Ion Three-Way match for the TNA X Division Championship

This should open the show. Should be a good match that helps make King a solid X division heel.

Joseph Park vs. Joey Ryan Singles match

Park wins in an above average comedy match.

Robbie E vs. Robbie T

I just hope it's quick

Kaladin

I didn't make this connection till now because he looked a bit different, but I think PAC was working the merch table at the NXT live event I went to.

Though, the staff all looked like wrestlers to me, didn't recognize most of them.

I think we were lucky to see guys like Bryan and Henry to get 3 month-ish reigns. By saying that, it's just not in Vince's behavior much to give heels a good, lengthy title run (Miz in late 2010/early 2011 is rare exception; Vince loved him going to interviews in the meanwhile). For all the titles that Edge won, he was getting a month only to lose it the next PPV. Orton was always swapping back and forth with Cena.

Sheamus and Punk have been the longer title holders in recent memory for the WHC/WWE respectively. Punk was a face for the majority of his. There's your sign.

Punk was a heel from August through January. That's 5 months as a heel champ, that's not bad.

I remember when it used to be top card would fight top card guys and mid carders would fight each other. The matches would not usually end clean until the PPVs. Now all we see are mid carders being fed cleanly to top card guys every week. Cesaro loses to Ryback before Sandow loses to Sheamus before Ziggler loses to Del Rio before Barrett loses to Orton, etc et al. There is no mid card - there's a feeding system to make 5-6 guys looks "strong" at the expense of the rest of the roster. This is my biggest gripe with the current creative. It's just so boring week after week.

HAs aces and 8s said what their goal is at all? i havent been watching TNA but it seems that they just come out and do "see you on thunder" brawls

Edit: from meltzer

Raw on Monday is from Indianapolis. Besides the regulars, Chris Jericho returns and Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and HHH are all booked for the show. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow face The New Age Outlaws.

I didn't make this connection till now because he looked a bit different, but I think PAC was working the merch table at the NXT live event I went to.

Though, the staff all looked like wrestlers to me, didn't recognize most of them.

Yeah that's how those shows go. Xavier Woods was working it when I went to an FCW show.

Punk was a heel from August through January. That's 5 months as a heel champ, that's not bad.

I remember when it used to be top card would fight top card guys and mid carders would fight each other. The matches would not usually end clean until the PPVs. Now all we see are mid carders being fed cleanly to top card guys every week. Cesaro loses to Ryback before Sandow loses to Sheamus before Ziggler loses to Del Rio before Barrett loses to Orton, etc et al. There is no mid card - there's a feeding system to make 5-6 guys looks "strong" at the expense of the rest of the roster. This is my biggest gripe with the current creative. It's just so boring week after week.

Punk was only able to do that because the Rock was coming something.

Kaladin

Hmmm, boredom or suffering tonight?

It's Lockdown so a little bit of both.

It goes like this:

Genesis - Boredom....just because.

Lockdown - Boredom because the undercard suffers due to big main event and Suffering during the lockdown war games match

Slammiversary - Suffering through the anniversary angles

Bound For Glory - Suffering because X didn't win the BFG series and the wrong person wins the belt at the end of the night.

somedevil

Isn't Bully Ray supposed to be in the group too? I have a feeling they'll have him win the belt and then swerve everybody to close the show.

The bully ray heel turn will make no sense when he joins aces and eights. Also, supposedly the crowd will be 6,000 for the pay per view.

strobogo

Banned
Bleh, tickets for Raw are still available for around $30 (not counting the $15 convience fee from TM), but driving 45 minutes, being around 15K people and all the down town traffic sounds like a lot of work. Even for Bork, Huner, and Hungertaker.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Bleh, tickets for Raw are still available for around $30 (not counting the $15 convience fee from TM), but driving 45 minutes, being around 15K people and all the down town traffic sounds like a lot of work. Even for Bork, Huner, and Hungertaker.

Drive down, make friends with Brock plant and you might get front row.

Top Bottom