• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Cagey

Banned
Friend Verendus, what do you think is the best means of H's cementing Roman Reigns as the new Emperor?

I think...

Roman should enter first to deafening boos from a crowd resisting the Empire.

Haitch should enter next in an over-the-top elaborate grandiose entrance, even by HHH standards. I'm talking four minutes of absurdity. A hologram of Lemmy leads Motorhead in playing a live rendition of King of Kings as Hunter descends to the ring on a hovering platform.

Roman stands there in the ring, silent, confident. A slight smirk on his face.

Hunter goes through his showboating motions, spits water, all the hits.

The bell rings.

Roman Reigns proceeds to beat the ever living shit out of Hunter Hearst Helmsley for 8 solid minutes. Brutal punches, kicks, throwing Hunter into the barricades, slamming him through tables, busting him open hardway. The crowd is booing louder than they've ever booed.

But Triple H never gets in any offense. He's clearly overmatched, overpowered. Roman looks psychotic, frenzied, dangerous. He continues this vicious assault. The boos die down as the crowd watches in stunned silence. Roman decides he's bored and lands a spear. But he waits for Jimmy to get up. A second spear. Roman forgoes the pin and does it again. A third spear. Roman puts one foot on Paul's chest and instructs the ref to count.

New champion. Boos reign down, but they are more muted than they were. Roman casually flips the belt over his shoulder and grabs a microphone. "Believe that, bitches." Roman exits stage left.

Fin.

Verendus

Banned
Friend Verendus, what do you think is the best means of H's cementing Roman Reigns as the new Emperor?

I think...

Haitch should enter next in an over-the-top elaborate grandiose entrance, even by HHH standards. I'm talking four minutes of absurdity. A hologram of Lemmy leads Motorhead in playing a live rendition of King of Kings as Hunter descends to the ring on a hovering platform.

The bell rings.

Roman Reigns proceeds to beat the ever living shit out of Hunter Hearst Helmsley for 8 solid minutes. Brutal punches, kicks, throwing Hunter into the barricades, slamming him through tables, busting him open hardway. The crowd is booing louder than they've ever booed.

But Triple H never gets in any offense. He's clearly overmatched, overpowered. Roman looks psychotic, frenzied, dangerous. He continues this vicious assault. The boos die down as the crowd watches in stunned silence. Roman decides he's bored and lands a spear. But he waits for Jimmy to get up. A second spear. Roman forgoes the pin and does it again. A third spear. Roman puts one foot on Paul's chest and instructs the ref to count.

New champion. Boos reign down, but they are more muted than they were. Roman casually flips the belt over his shoulder and grabs a microphone. "Believe that, bitches." Roman exits stage left.

Fin.
My man.

This is pretty much perfect. Jimmy is indeed there just to be destroyed. The only thing I'd add is that his face needs to be a crimson mask.

rrc1594

I think Roman is going to betray The Rock at Maina or they could be setting up HHH/Rock for next year. Rock will be involved in the Main Event. This is a chance for WWE do the right thing and turn the man heel.

I think Roman is going to betray The Rock at Maina or they could be setting up HHH/Rock for next year. Rock will be involved in the Main Event. This is a chance for WWE do the right thing and turn the man heel.
The only way they'll do the right thing is if they get Spike Lee in there writing. Until then you'll be stuck with the meddling horrible writing of Freddie Prinze Jr's friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright Dada West, Blues and Bullets Ep 2 coming late this month or early next. I know you love that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My man.

This is pretty much perfect. Jimmy is indeed there just to be destroyed. The only thing I'd add is that his face needs to be a crimson mask.

To be fair so far during the feud HHH facing Roman without taking a gigantic beating first lead to Roman pummeling the crap out of him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The funniest part to me is that they obviously expect a return pop for Reigns, but it will just be an even bigger amount of boos, if such a thing exists.

I mean, even if you were expecting an arena of 10,000 full-on marks, I don't know what you'd really expect given that Ambrose took basically the same beating that Reigns did and showed up on SmackDown the next day, whereas Roman got beat up and disappeared for the better part of a month leading to him headlining fucken WrestleMania.

Ithil

I think...

The bell rings.

Fin.
This is like Ryback's Elvis impersonation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I always wondered how deep the contingency plans go for something like WrestleMania. If say, Roman Reigns was making his entrance, and fell off the stage and broke his leg, would they just send some other guy out to completely improvise the match?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always wondered how deep the contingency plans go for something like WrestleMania. If say, Roman Reigns was making his entrance, and fell off the stage and broke his leg, would they just send some other guy out to completely improvise the match?

Arn Anderson.

The funniest part to me is that they obviously expect a return pop for Reigns, but it will just be an even bigger amount of boos, if such a thing exists.

I mean, even if you were expecting an arena of 10,000 full-on marks, I don't know what you'd really expect given that Ambrose took basically the same beating that Reigns did and showed up on SmackDown the next day, whereas Roman got beat up and disappeared for the better part of a month leading to him headlining fucken WrestleMania.
They fucked up with the RTW city booking. I guess Vince thought fans would be all over Roman so much that he could go smark city eh?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Arn Anderson is a replacement wrestler for last minute WCW screw ups at least twice on PPV that I can remember.

Honky Tonk Man versus Johnny B Badd at Starcade 1994 and as a replacement for Loose Cannon Brian Pillman in the infamous I respect you Booker Man match.

Bubba T

They would probably have Cena take his place (if he wasn't injured).

Anth0ny

In a crazy case like that (literally minutes before the match), in my head they do a stretcher spot and try to buy as much time as humanly possible. Then, they go with whoever is the storyline #1 contender, or say fuck it and put the most over performer of the weekend in the spot and improvise the next night on Raw.

At least that makes the most sense to me. Sends the Mania crowd home happy, the viewer is probably happy and legit shook, and they can always go back to Roman as soon as he is all healed up.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Does anyone have the Money in the Bank briefcase at the mome?

No, Sheamus cashed in.

There is a MITB that Cody Rhodes threw into a river that may have been retrieved though!

Just checked - it was in Corpus Christi, Texas where the briefcase was thrown.

Bubba T

Nope. Sheamus cashed it in at Survivor Series back in November, and beat the Roman Empire.

What a stupid way to describe someone.

Reading the summaries of shows on WWE.com is painful because they pepper stupid descriptions like these. "The Roman Empire" "The Lunatic Fringe" "The Mad Scientist"

Angry Grimace

I'm sad to say I don't follow. :(
Arn just fills in for dudes. Probably the most famous example is the Booker Man incident at SuperBrawl 1996 where Brian Pillman was scheduled to work a leather strap match with the Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan (the real life booker in WCW at the time) with an "I respect you stipulation" where the match would be won getting your opponent to say "I respect you" into the mic held by the ref.

Unbeknownst to Sullivan or anyone else, Pillman and Eric Bischoff have this really long con setup where Pillman is going to break the fourth wall and then legitimately get released and appear on ECW before returning with a real-life maverick gimmick (which was pretty much legitimate with Pillman). So the match is just Pillman running down to the ring, hitting Sullivan with the strap a few times and then he just runs over to the ref after maybe 60 seconds and says, "I respect you....Booker Man" which was a big deal since it broke kayfabe. Then he just leaves. It was his last match in WCW.

Arn Anderson then just shows up and takes Pillman's place (they're both in the Four Horseman at this point, if I recall correctly) for no real reason other than to save the match and make sure a match actually happened and then it end when Ric Flair comes out and convinces them to not fight.

I think they also got Arn to randomly do the job at a Starccade when the Honky Tonk Man quit a couple of days prior to the event. That's less exciting though.

Kurita

What a stupid way to describe someone.

Reading the summaries of shows on WWE.com is painful because they pepper stupid descriptions like these. "The Roman Empire" "The Lunatic Fringe" "The Mad Scientist"

Last two are stupid but Roman Empire takes the cake. That'd be an alright name for his fanbase (lol), but how can a single dude be an empire?

Zach

Arn just fills in for dudes. Probably the most famous example is the Booker Man incident at SuperBrawl 1996 where Brian Pillman was scheduled to work a leather strap match with the Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan (the real life booker in WCW at the time) with an "I respect you stipulation" where the match would be won getting your opponent to say "I respect you" into the mic held by the ref.

Unbeknownst to Sullivan or anyone else, Pillman and Eric Bischoff have this really long con setup where Pillman is going to break the third wall and then legitimately get released and appear on ECW before returning with a real-life maverick gimmick (which was pretty much legitimate with Pillman). So the match is just Pillman running down to the ring, hitting Sullivan with the strap a few times and then he just runs over to the ref after maybe 60 seconds and says, "I respect you....Booker Man" which was a big deal since it broke kayfabe. Then he just leaves. It was his last match in WCW.

Arn Anderson then just shows up and takes Pillman's place (they're both in the Four Horseman at this point, if I recall correctly) for no real reason other than to save the match and make sure a match actually happened and then it end when Ric Flair comes out and convinces them to not fight.

I think they also got Arn to randomly do the job at a Starccade when the Honky Tonk Man quit a couple of days prior to the event. That's less exciting though.

Oh, yeah. Man God explained it. I remember now. I still enjoyed your write-up, though.

Angry Grimace

No, Sheamus cashed in.

There is a MITB that Cody Rhodes threw into a river that may have been retrieved though!

Just checked - it was in Corpus Christi, Texas where the briefcase was thrown.
I'm pretty sure he threw it into the gulf of mexico. If Dean Ambrose ran in and cashed in an old moldy briefcase that said "Damien Sandow" on it I would laugh a lot, but I would imagine maybe 60,000 people would be confused as fuck.

Angry Grimace

The cash-in gimmick is really bad and kind of buries the WHC in my opinion, though. Like, I understand its not really presented as a legitimate sports contest, but the surprise cash-in gimmick has run its course more than the Authority gimmick, really.

Bubba T

Last two are stupid but Roman Empire takes the cake. That'd be an alright name for his fanbase (lol), but how can a single dude be an empire?

It doesn't make sense. That's why its used.

The cash-in gimmick is really bad and kind of buries the WHC in my opinion, though. Like, I understand its not really presented as a legitimate sports contest, but the surprise cash-in gimmick has run its course more than the Authority gimmick, really.

I just say replace MITB with a legitimate King of the Ring tournament, have the winner get a title shot at Summerslam.

Ithil

Never mind that they discard a perfectly logical name of "the Roman Emperor" over the Empire.

Top Bottom