• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Zach

iVheEit.jpg
Ha!

Kenny Omega on the new day fued

Kenny Omega was on the Chad Dukes Wrestling show talking about the proposed New Day vs. Bullet Club Elite situation. It’s very clear that both sides want to do it and I can tell you that as much as it would seem to be impossible since New Japan and WWE are not on good terms right now, that both sides do believe somehow they have a chance of pulling this off. After some cute references last week, one on TV and the other with E using a broom for a web site promo (the broom being Omega’s New Japan Cleaner gimmick), the New Day did nothing last week. But The New Day was very aware of the New Day chants last week in Las Vegas during the ROH PPV. Omega said: “I think what people need to focus on, and by people, I mean companies, we need to focus on putting our best foot forward for the sake of pro wrestling. It’s not just about, `It’s my company versus your company and as long as I’m making more dollars and cents than you, we’re better.’ Who cares? If we make pro wrestling better as a whole, everybody’s making more money. So the best thing to do is take the hottest acts, regardless of where they’re from, let them go at it. People want to see these dream matches. Let them see it. That’s why we took it upon ourselves to challenge new Day. Did we have New Japan’s blessing? Of course not. Are we going to get in trouble? Maybe. I don’t know. We haven’t heard yet. But we’re just trying to make a statement. We’re trying to, for lack of a better term, bait these guys out into changing, helping us change pro wrestling. At the end of the day, if this match does happen, I don’t want to be the guy to take credit for it. I just want to be the guy that said, `I was part of something special.’. But myself and the Young Bucks, we’re being the guys to instigate it. We’re the ones that are showing that we first have no fear, we’ll put ourselves out there. We’re not afraid to get in trouble. We're not afraid to take a chance on something that would otherwise be a huge faux pas. So call it a challenge. Call it an extension of an olive branch. It is what it is.

Anth0ny

From the latest Observer -

"Exactly how much of this is legit or exaggerated you can make up your own mind, but the Vince McMahon vs. HHH dynamic is something that everyone is talking about internally, even more since Shane McMahon appeared on the scene. The feeling is that if Shane McMahon actually does come back into the company in an executive capacity that it’ll be Vince playing Shane against HHH and Stephanie.

While publicly HHH will say Vince loves NXT, the internal perception is very different, seeing it as a touring brand filled with so many guys Vince doesn’t believe are money. We do know there was a lot of heat on HHH and complaints for not selling the Reigns beating in public, because he had to get his face on the NXT show in London knowing it would be a super show in front of that crowd and he didn’t want anyone to not know it was his creation and baby.

The questions regarding Reigns given how he’s not gotten over with HHH as his adversary for so long has led to plenty of finger pointing, although a lot of people pointed to the crotch chop on Raw as the sign HHH is no longer really behind the cause of getting Reigns over as a face. Perhaps that’s just paranoia and frustration, but the way Reigns was eliminated at the Rumble and the HHH/Reigns interaction with him has been curious to say the least."

#politicalhit

HHH truly has become the #1 babyface for internet smarks. who could have seen that coming? what a turn.

* Vince as fuck: "WWE is expected to make another round of aggressive talent signings from Japan, Mexico and the U.K. over the next few months. The name we heard they are most interested in is Kazuchika Okada, as apparently the key people in charge just found out that he’s tall."

LOL

They'll report 110k

I have to wonder... are they going to waste the "biggest WWE show of all time" on this Mania? A mania where half of the roster is depleted, the main event program isn't over and the babyface champ will likely get booed out of the building, and is headlined by Undertaker vs fucking Shane McMahon?

I can kinda see them saying fuck it and saying 90,000 in attendance... but not surpassing the 93,000 number. This would be a real shitty "biggest show of all time" to dethrone Hogan slamming Andre, arguably the most iconic moment in WWE history.

The thing is, I'm sure they can do back to cowboy stadium someday, with a strengthened roster and a good build and legitimately beat the 93,000 number.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The 93,000 number was fake too. They already broke the record for paid attendance per Meltzer.

DMczaf

Listening to Meltzer describe how WWE will shoot break the shoot record, yet will still report the worked number beat the worked record TO THEIR SHAREHOLDERS (which they do every year, apparently!)....

Jesus fucking carny christ.

How is WWE still alive?!

HHH truly has become the #1 babyface for internet smarks. who could have seen that coming? what a turn.

LOL

I have to wonder... are they going to waste the "biggest WWE show of all time" on this Mania? A mania where half of the roster is depleted, the main event program isn't over and the babyface champ will likely get booed out of the building, and is headlined by Undertaker vs fucking Shane McMahon?

I can kinda see them saying fuck it and saying 90,000 in attendance... but not surpassing the 93,000 number. This would be a real shitty "biggest show of all time" to dethrone Hogan slamming Andre, arguably the most iconic moment in WWE history.

The thing is, I'm sure they can do back to cowboy stadium someday, with a strengthened roster and a good build and legitimately beat the 93,000 number.
The Undertaker is the Phenom. This just proves that he's the biggest icon of all time. And Shane draws better than Hogan.

Ithil

WWE always will announce a fake number in the stadium that the Superbowl or another football match can't physically beat, and always a new attendance record for the building.
There's no way they don't announce over 100k there even as it blatantly isn't close to 100k.

DMczaf

WWE always will announce a fake number in the stadium that the Superbowl or another football match can't physically beat, and always a new attendance record for the building.
There's no way they don't announce over 100k there even as it blatantly isn't close to 100k.

But they do it to their shareholders every year! That's like during their quarterly report announcing WWE Network has 5M subscribers when the real number is 1.3M. You don't do that shit, yet they haven't been caught yet. Carnies in a corporate world...

jmdajr

Give yourself a hand!

But they do it to their shareholders every year! That's like during their quarterly report announcing WWE Network has 5M subscribers when the real number is 1.3M. You don't do that shit, yet they haven't been caught yet. Carnies in a corporate world...

Shoot numbers are on the financials. Can't blame,dumb stock holders

klonere

Banned

Well I don't think they'd be stupid enough to lie about the Network numbers because that's what they live and die by as far as investors go. Mania attendance, I dunno if anybody cares all too much. But if they were caught lying about subscriber data it'd probably sink the company.

In case you guys thought I was joking last night

SPACE NUNCHUCKS!!

Beat that NXT

I'm starting to skip a lot of the sillier LU vingettes tbh. I just don't like superhero/supernatural stuff in any medium unless it's done very subtly, which they aren't.

Aerostar is the peak of the LU silliness right now.

Well I don't think they'd be stupid enough to lie about the Network numbers because that's what they live and die by as far as investors go. Mania attendance, I dunno if anybody cares all too much. But if they were caught lying about subscriber data it'd probably sink the company.

I'm starting to skip a lot of the sillier LU vingettes tbh. I just don't like superhero/supernatural stuff in any medium unless it's done very subtly, which they aren't.

Aerostar is the peak of the LU silliness right now.

That the appeal of the show. What other wrestling show has NUNCHUCK fights In the bathroom!

DMczaf

It's just crazy to me that this company went public, went corporate and tried their damndest to look clean and nice....yet, when it comes to WM attendance figures, they keep it worked like a motherfucker. Like "walking around with rocks in your shoes to keep a legit limp going to work an injury angle" worked.

tl;dr When Keeping it Kayfabe Goes Wrong

They arw,doing a live show at SXSW and a pannel.

Season 3 tapings,start later this month
Good thing they do live shows as well. I wonder how that works out when you're used to watching the over produced show. Who's the guy in the middle? The poster makes it look like a musical on ice lol

FyreWulff

It's just crazy to me that this company went public, went corporate and tried their damndest to look clean and nice....yet, when it comes to WM attendance figures, they keep it worked like a motherfucker. Like "walking around with rocks in your shoes to keep a legit limp going to work an injury angle" worked.

might as well, every other sport has bullshit definitions of sellout and attendance numbers

It's okay. When HHH finally takes over shareholders will abandon ship. Public? Where we're going, we don't need public

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reigns isn't even scheduled to come back next week. Dude is only going to be around for 2 weeks of the build to WrestleMania.

As noted, WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels revealed on ESPN this past Tuesday night that he will indeed be watching WrestleMania 32 from inside the AT&T Stadium in Dallas, TX.

We have been reporting for quite sometime now that WWE has wanted Michaels back at major events in some capacity, as Ric Flair revealed in a “WOOOOO Nation!” podcast that WWE wanted HBK back for the Royal Rumble match this year.

According to The Wrestling Observer, two ideas have been pitched for HBK at WrestleMania this year. One would see him act as the special guest referee for the Triple H vs Roman Reigns match, as WWE has wanted a special guest referee for the bout in order to “stack the deck” against Reigns.

The second idea would be for HBK to do a run-in during a match like the NWO and DX did at WrestleMania last year. The idea would be that HBK would lead a group of legends to the ring to do the run-in for a yet to be determined match.

That run in last year was horrrrrrribable. Please don't.

Anth0ny

hell in a cell match

shane climbs to the top of the cage, goading the undertaker to come and join him

shawn michaels, mankind and rahkishi come out, begging him not to do this. damn son this match ends careers!

shane asks those three to join him at the top. crowd cheers.

all three men climb on top. take goozles shawn through the cage, throws mick off the side, and last rides rahkishi into a truck with pine chips

now shane is next. use your imagination, kids.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is so much cooler than Jericho's dumb jacket

Also think Mil and Pentagon Jr. are doing a fuck ton more to look demon like and scary with far less then Undertaker is.

Primed for a toy line. LU is so goddamned marketable.

klonere

Banned
hell in a cell match

shane climbs to the top of the cage, goading the undertaker to come and join him

shawn michaels, mankind and rahkishi come out, begging him not to do this. damn son this match ends careers!

shane asks those three to join him at the top. crowd cheers.

all three men climb on top. take goozles shawn through the cage, throws mick off the side, and last rides rahkishi into a truck with pine chips

now shane is next. use your imagination, kids.

How many deaths/paralysis cases we talking here?

All i want from my wrestling is old people falling off tall objects tbh fam

ROH's improvement in production has made the show much more watchable. Lio Rush is a wrestler to watch, but I hope he doesn't fade like other small high flyers have.

The Moose vs. Kongo match is delightful if you want to see big dudes throw bombs.

I can't believe Todd Sinclair has lost zero weight over the years.

Angry Grimace

Honestly thought the Zayn/Joe match was really overrated. It was super slow and deliberate in a not-that-interesting way. Not saying a slower-paced match can't be good, but there were long stretches that were outright boring.

Top Bottom