• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The worst part about Roman Empire shit is that it doesn't fit his character they're trying to book him as.

Who is going to cheer an 'Emperor'? It makes him sound like he's above everyone. Much less some kind of 'badass Samoan who is tough and cool and good looking and tough and cool and don't need no backup'

Bubba T

20160222_WM32-keyart_MATCH_TripleH_NEW_1920x1080--f2fe26ad884144186a50c79668701777.jpg

Laughing really hard at the TERRIBLE Reigns photoshop. I know teenagers that can do a better job then this.

Thatcher has a noticeable size advantage over Scurll. Thatcher is able to dominate Scurll in grappling, even when Scurll is able to reverse the Japanese necktie spot on Thatcher. There's some World of Sport style stuff that will infuriate any viewers who don't like the more choreographed style. Scurll is able to dodge Thatcher with some silly shenanigans, but Thatcher won't have any more of it and answers with a European uppercut.

All match long, Thatcher and Scurll seem like they're moving a step too slowly, but it's not like they're feeling each other out. Instead, it seems like they're tentative. And then there's this ridiculous pinning reversal sequence, which takes the old Jerry Lynn/RVD indie respect pinning sequence too far. Scurll ends the sequence with a kick to Thatcher to show that he was trying to lull Thatcher into a false sense of security, but the reversals were just too slow and the pins are too loose.

The match just didn't have the intensity I was looking for, even in the finishing sequence when Scurll and Thatcher are exchanging submission attempts. And then the match ends without the submission attempts being capitalized on; even Scurll pretending to break Thatcher's finger doesn't really come into play. Instead, Thatcher absorbs Scurll's strikes and puts him down with a flash headbutt to the shoulder. It makes for a different type of finish, and it makes sense for Thatcher to put Scurll down without a submission since his finger is supposedly broken. But it renders a lot of the limb work early in the match irrelevant.

That said, Thatcher's entrance theme is still fantastic.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
20160222_WM32-keyart_MATCH_TripleH_NEW_1920x1080--f2fe26ad884144186a50c79668701777.jpg

Laughing really hard at the TERRIBLE Reigns photoshop. I know teenagers that can do a better job then this.
What's up with Roman's left arm? And I dunno why Ambrose keeps saying "they already printed the posters!" because they clearly don't have any posters; the only things they even have are bad photoshops that look exactly like the ones they use for everything else (they have the exact same type of photoshop for all of the matches announced). They don't actually have the poster at all as far as I can tell.

20160308_WM32-keyart_MATCH_takershane_1920x1080--2886e9f2446c8714b62572ee97f85b40.jpg

201510222_WM32-keyart_MATCH_deanbrock_1920x1080--b096f6f9636a4b77c3adfef4624afaf7.jpg

PpT1xWc.jpg

Sephzilla

Looks like they shopped 2016 Shane's head onto an image of 2002 Shane's body. Also, the obligatory callout of them using an Undertaker picture from 7 years ago.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like, there are actual WrestleMania posters and that random photoshop they have with Reigns isn't actually it:

WM31Poster.png
WrestleMania_XXX_Poster.png

Even Roadblock has a real poster with some original graphics behind it.

Verendus

Banned
Are those the match graphics?

What happened to the other one that actually looked alright? I'm not comfortable with these minor changes.

When Roman Reigns, The Best In The World, is not on TV, every other character should be asking on TV "where is Roman Reigns, The Best In The World"

Angry Grimace

Tyler Breeze, Big E Langston, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston and Sasha Banks v. Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, Heath Slater, Curtis Axel and Charlotte in a traditional 5 on 5 mixed-gender Survivor Series Elimination Dodgeball match. The only person to show up to the match in wrestling gear is Big E.

Special Guest Referee: Alexander "Machka" Rusev

http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-superstars-play-dodgeball-wwe-game-night

Breeze finally goes over but he might have had some help from the ref on Bo's throw

Recall

Just watched the Real World Tag Team League Finals (3rd December 1999) Kenta Kobashi & Jun Akiyama vs. Akira Taue & Stan Hansen and it fucking blew my mind.

Not watched any puro in years and just had a desire to catch up on some stuff I've never seen before and my god I'm breathless. It was spectacular!

The crowd were into Taue on a level I hadn't heard in eons. The whole match was pure magic.

Dragon Lee vs. Rey Horus, from Lucha Memes Chairo Kingdom

Definitely weird to see Dragon Lee play the subtle rudo, grabbing at Rey Horus's mask. It doesn't deter the crowd from supporting him at all. Horus hits a nice flip dive over the top rope to Dragon Lee outside. Unfortunately, this is a fan cam, so we can't really see their work outside the ring when it's on the other side of the ring. Having seen Rey Horus at an Evolve show, I had no idea that he had any type of following, but the crowd seems to be evenly split between Horus and Lee. Back inside, and Dragon Lee hits a nice German suplex on Horus. Horus hits a three triangle dropkick on Dragon Lee to send Lee to the outside, but Lee is able to evade Horus and hit him with a beautiful dive to the outside. Back inside, and Lee hits Horus with a sick powerbomb variation from a cradle suplex position, but Horus kicks out. Lee picks Horus up, and they exchange standing and running strikes. Horus is able to speed past Lee and turn a headscissors into a DDT. Neither luchador is showing any worse for wear from these repeated strikes. Horus takes Lee down with a discus elbow, but Lee is able to hit a jumping knee to Horus's face when Horus picks him up. Dueling chants from the crowd for both men as they get back on their feet; they're both wobbly. Horus tries the headscissors into a DDT again, but Lee is able to block it. Lee tries a lariat, but Horus counters and reverses into a C4 for a two count. Another C4 gets another two count, and the lucha libre version of fighting spirit lets Lee hit a lariat that sends both me down again. Lee hits a double stomp while Horus is in the tree of woe. I don't like the spot when Del Rio does it, and I don't like it here. At the opposite corner now, they battle on the top turnbuckle. Lee attempts a fireman's carry barrel roll. Horus counters and hits a wheelbarrow pin from the top rope. This also only gets two. Horus can't believe it and confronts the referee. This gives Lee the opening to kick Horus in the gut and hit him with the package suplex to win the match. A medic checks on Horus immediately after the match because the package suplex looks absolutely disgusting and dangerous.

If you like seeing athletic people doing cool moves, this was fine. It's a fan cam, so don't expect high quality footage. There's no commentary, but there are airhorns from the crowd, which you may think is an improvement. (It is not.)

jmdajr

Tyler Breeze, Big E Langston, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston and Sasha Banks v. Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, Heath Slater, Curtis Axel and Charlotte in a traditional 5 on 5 mixed-gender Survivor Series Elimination Dodgeball match. The only person to show up to the match in wrestling gear is Big E.

Special Guest Referee: Alexander "Machka" Rusev

http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-superstars-play-dodgeball-wwe-game-night

Breeze finally goes over but he might have had some help from the ref on Bo's throw

nice

Angry Grimace

WWE apparently has fun with Photoshop:

WrestleMania:

Roadblock:

20160229_Roadblock_TripleHDeanAmbrose_1920x1080--4d7f882161f89d1aa06b4bc97d6f6b21.jpg

WrestleMania:

201510222_WM32-keyart_MATCH_deanbrock_1920x1080--b096f6f9636a4b77c3adfef4624afaf7.jpg

(lol at reversing Haitch's body but not his head)

jmdajr

Hey I'm happy that the newer generation of WWE superstars might actually make it to age 70.

At lot more harmless hobbies then hitting the bars and binging on cocaine.

Top Bottom