• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

I just now realized why they're called the Lwague of Nations. I haven't watched their entrance or any match to think about it until now tho.

RBH

057_SD_03082016jg_0013--a9e27894d2078b83eea91b309b8b3038.jpg

061_SD_03082016ej_0593--1a2048cb19b0d441af70d3da4582f41e.jpg

064_SD_03082016jg_0065--2bd305d981b074d59d3c6f3acab48880.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl5tqo4e9A4

somedevil

Wow the Mr. Anderson story just got weirder:

Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting Anderson was fired because he failed a drug test. Apparently he worked a match against Eric Young, "appeared to be under the influence," was asked to take a drug test backstage, and sent home immediately after. The results of that test are what reportedly led to his release.

The match he was possibly under the influence during was supposed to air on Jan. 19 but was pulled from the show because of this situation.

So he might of pulled a Jeff Hardy?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That rumored Lucha/AAA guy WWE is pursuing sounds like Cuerno/Fantasma to me.

Can't wait for Sombra/Cuerno tag team jobber action

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how they overdubbed the commentary for NXT to make it sound like it actually happened yesterday but that would require you to believe that Zayn grew his hair out and lost some weight since yesterday.

Hex

Banned
Err is it me or:

A) nobody is booing Jericho, in fact I hear a lot of cheers

B) nobody is chanting for AJ Styles even if Jericho keeps trying to make them >_>

I mean im on mobile so maybe thats why? :/

Smackdown is always canned reactions anyway, who knows what WWE was going for.
Probably trying to make it not quite so lopsided.

Err is it me or:

A) nobody is booing Jericho, in fact I hear a lot of cheers

B) nobody is chanting for AJ Styles even if Jericho keeps trying to make them >_>

I mean im on mobile so maybe thats why? :/

Nobody is going to boo Y2J in 2016. It's dumb to make a popular face character at the twilight of his career come back and turn heel against a newcomer most of the audience doesn't know.

Hex

Banned
Nobody is going to boo Y2J in 2016. It's dumb to make a popular face character at the twilight of his career come back and turn heel against a newcomer most of the audience doesn't know.

Plus even the most down home WWE fan saw this coming, Jericho does these temporary heel turns constantly.
Most recently when he teamed with Roman and Dean against the Wyatts.
I am just pissed that they will actually waste AJ at Mania with a match we have seen multiple times.

I was a huuuuuuge wrestling fan from about 89 or 90 to the early 00s. Loved WWE, WCW, and ECW but walked away from it when WWF screwed the WCW invasion angle. TNA actually got me back into wrestling when I saw a AJ Styles and someone else wrestle a buncha Elvis impersonators. I stuck with TNA through the weekly pay per views because of AJ, Triple X, AMW, Paparazzi Productions, etc. and then gave up when Dixie Carter became an on screen character and it just went to utter shit.

Now I see my favorite guys from TNA(AJ, Joe, Aries, maybe more I don't know about) are showing up in WWE and my questions are: Will I be happy with how they're being used? And is the overall product any good? I haven't watched WWE since the invasion except for a youtube clip here and there so I don't really know who any of the new guys are. Any standouts?

klonere

Banned
I was a huuuuuuge wrestling fan from about 89 or 90 to the early 00s. Loved WWE, WCW, and ECW but walked away from it when WWF screwed the WCW invasion angle. TNA actually got me back into wrestling when I saw a AJ Styles and someone else wrestle a buncha Elvis impersonators. I stuck with TNA through the weekly pay per views because of AJ, Triple X, AMW, Paparazzi Productions, etc. and then gave up when Dixie Carter became an on screen character and it just went to utter shit.

Now I see my favorite guys from TNA(AJ, Joe, Aries, maybe more I don't know about) are showing up in WWE and my questions are: Will I be happy with how they're being used? And is the overall product any good? I haven't watched WWE since the invasion except for a youtube clip here and there so I don't really know who any of the new guys are. Any standouts?

The overall main roster product is mediocre with brief flashes of potential

AJ, Joe and AA once they all hit main roster will have good to great matches in terrible to competent feuds. They won't be in the main event and won't be challenging for the big belt. They'll lose randomly and trade wins in an unsatisfactory manner.

Joe might be NXT champ in a month and Aries still has a big run in NXT left so I'd enjoy that while it lasts! As for AJ it all depends where he is slotted in after WM. I predict he'll be in an IC title feud.

Recall

WWE has given the belt to so many wrestlers yet is impossible to book anyone to look dominant beyond the main stays of the 90's.

Everyone (non Cena) is booked as a weasel or scared heel once they get the belt, or a plucky underdog that gets placed second from top as suddenly a more important storyline appears for the main event slot.

Triple H has presented himself and been booked in a better fashion as champ than almost anyone I can remember. I don't want him to lose the belt.

Ziggler is 2 time world champion and is nothing more than a mid-carder at best.

Sheamus is s 4 time world champion and is nothing more than a mid-carder at best.

Roman Reigns is a 2 time world champion that isn't even acknowledged.

Well, this is interesting. Regular UK main roster tours are April and November. However:
WBDVfCf.png

I have no idea what this is. Should I be getting tickets?

WWE has given the belt to so many wrestlers yet is impossible to book anyone to look dominant beyond the main stays of the 90's.

Everyone (non Cena) is booked as a weasel or scared heel once they get the belt, or a plucky underdog that gets placed second from top as suddenly a more important storyline appears for the main event slot.

Triple H has presented himself and been booked in a better fashion as champ than almost anyone I can remember. I don't want him to lose the belt.

Ziggler is 2 time world champion and is nothing more than a mid-carder at best.

Sheamus is s 4 time world champion and is nothing more than a mid-carder at best.

Roman Reigns is a 2 time world champion that isn't even acknowledged.

I blame this partially on them having a WWE and World Heavyweight. You'd have guys holding the World and opening PPV.

Sure, though I guess they're explicitly adding it rather than converting a house show to a Network special.

Roadblock was never a regular house show. It was advertised as a Network Special right from the start in Toronto. It was originally called March to Wrestlemania.

Top Bottom