• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Good half-step towards a proper event like a Summerslam. Not sure if I'll go down yet. NXT was a lot of fun but the main roster is a total drag.

Oersted

In spite of all the burying, jobbing to retirement squads twice, being booked in totally stale fashion, the Wyatts are somehow still over.

Incredible insane thinking, but I hope they give them something at WrestleMania and let them run with it.

Stop the bait and switch.

Striker

WWE has given the belt to so many wrestlers yet is impossible to book anyone to look dominant beyond the main stays of the 90's.
I think it was at the Rumble, Jack Swagger ran out and commentary were all "former world champion" and he 1) looks foolish in the booking in midst of the show 2) lasts exactly :29 seconds in the Rumble. A former World Champion. The prestige is probably at its lowest as far as I can remember. It mattered who was the champ in 1987. It mattered in 1998. It does not matter now.

Fox318

I think it was at the Rumble, Jack Swagger ran out and commentary were all "former world champion" and he 1) looks foolish in the booking in midst of the show 2) lasts exactly :29 seconds in the Rumble. A former World Champion. The prestige is probably at its lowest as far as I can remember. It mattered who was the champ in 1987. It mattered in 1998. It does not matter now.
swagger beat Cain Velasquez in Greco Roman wrestling at school yet he's a geek in Vinces eyes compared to Brock.

Recall

Now they are so desperate for a big star to emerge that they hope putting the belt on them will instantly make them one rather than building the wrestler up to where people are gagging for him to compete for the belt.

It is lazy, and backwards, and clearly does nothing beneficial.

As I said, I blame this on them bringing back the World Heavyweight belt. When I started watching older PPV and I was hearing guys referred to 5, 6, 7 time champs I was confused. Then I looked up and saw they were holding the World Heavyweight belt in the same regards as the WWE championship belt, yet the World Heavyweight belt was always a lower card match.

jmdajr

Feel the love

Terry,

YOU have single handedly ruined our 25-year marriage and our family … my trust, my love, my future, our future family with grandchildren, holidays, weddings, our kids’ lives, homes, their ability to trust, our poor animals, friends, neighbors, your career, finances, trademarks, retirement, your legacy, your reputation, your health … even your soul … You lost it ALL.

You took me for granted and never appreciated me or our beautiful family … blaming me for your horrendous mistakes.

And yet you continue in life this very way, still .. Hiding behind those sunglasses, false smile , oh … and the bandana!

Until you can really apologize, to me … And to our children … I will never ever forgive you.

Linda

Zach

Feel the love

Terry,

YOU have single handedly ruined our 25-year marriage and our family … my trust, my love, my future, our future family with grandchildren, holidays, weddings, our kids’ lives, homes, their ability to trust, our poor animals, friends, neighbors, your career, finances, trademarks, retirement, your legacy, your reputation, your health … even your soul … You lost it ALL.

You took me for granted and never appreciated me or our beautiful family … blaming me for your horrendous mistakes.

And yet you continue in life this very way, still .. Hiding behind those sunglasses, false smile , oh … and the bandana!

Until you can really apologize, to me … And to our children … I will never ever forgive you.

Linda

:O

abundant

As I said, I blame this on them bringing back the World Heavyweight belt. When I started watching older PPV and I was hearing guys referred to 5, 6, 7 time champs I was confused. Then I looked up and saw they were holding the World Heavyweight belt in the same regards as the WWE championship belt, yet the World Heavyweight belt was always a lower card match.

The World Heavyweight title was at it's lowest during WretleMania XXVII, when Alberto Del Rio (the winner of that years Royal Rumble) fought Edge for the belt in the opening match on the show.

Sephzilla

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrmix9Y.gif

The World Heavyweight title was at it's lowest during WretleMania XXVII, when Alberto Del Rio (the winner of that years Royal Rumble) fought Edge for the belt in the opening match on the show.

That's actually the exact kind of time frame I'm talking about. Then Christian gets it and loses it in what, 36 hours?

DMczaf

Feel the love

Terry,

Linda

Is there a tier above Shoot?

Barrage

Just a clarification...the problem wasnt having two world titles. There was a point where Batista and Cena were both world champions, and they were both prestigous (the WHC main evented two wrestlemanias in row!)...the problem was having two world titles AFTER the brand split ended.

Then the World Heavyweight Championship became the Intercontinental title in all but name.

Recall

Everything post 2005 and the titles meant nothing and even that is a bit of a stretch.

I never liked how WWE had so many titles once they bought WCW, even with the brand split it still felt like there were too many mid card titles and no one chasing.

Fox318

Feel the love

Terry,

Linda

Terry's whole life is a work that he believed was a shoot.

I never liked two world titles. I didn't hate the idea of a brand split but I always thought the title holders should have to compete on both shows. Just one set of titles for the WWE. I guess that causes problems when trying to setup feuds on one show versus another though. I felt like it diminished the importance of competing for a single World Title.

Fox318

2 world titles would have worked if they were tied to a show and at mania the 2 champs faced off and the loser lost his belt to the winner and that winner got to chose which show and which belt to vacate.

Follow that up with a tournament or the drama of a guy trying to defend 2 belts one year and you have a way for guys to be elevated without champs jobbing out.

miserable

Bryan Alvarez says someone else gave their notice to WWE this week and "some people will be thrilled to hear this".

thrilled as in "finally we won't have to see him" or thrilled as "finally he quits WWE so he can go somewhere else where he won't be buried by creative in meaningless feuds, 50/50 booking and a nerfed moveset"?

Scottify

Welp, I went and bought WWE 2K16 on Steam. I haven't bought a wrestling game since I don't know when, and since it includes all the DLC I figured why not. Download is huge so I haven't played it yet, but hoping for the best.

Valkrai

Welp, I went and bought WWE 2K16 on Steam. I haven't bought a wrestling game since I don't know when, and since it includes all the DLC I figured why not. Download is huge so I haven't played it yet, but hoping for the best.

Nice, tell me how it is when you play. I tried 2K15 on PC and it was a shit show. 2K14 was one of the better games in years.

Fox318

thrilled as in "finally we won't have to see him" or thrilled as "finally he quits WWE so he can go somewhere else where he won't be buried by creative in meaningless feuds, 50/50 booking and a nerfed moveset"?

I'm thinking the former.

Which makes me think Kane, Usos, Axel, or Sheamus

But Usos and Reigns have a free check because of Dwayne

Bye Big Show

He has 2 years left on his deal.

He ain't leaving

Browny

Banned
Bye Big Show

Wishful thinking...

XZVH0bC.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Rusev. Get him over to Japan for some hoss work.

Giving notice to me sounds like they want to go somewhere else... if they didn't, why not just keep the paycheck coming in for the meantime? And it won't be Kane, he'll be damn good backstage as an agent or whathaveyou.

Barrage

My guess is between Sandow, Ziggler and Rusev.

Noone that the IWC hates would make close to as much on the independent scene as in the WWE, and Kane isnt gonna give notice, hes gonna retire with bells and whistles because hes been with the company for twenty years.

Nice, tell me how it is when you play. I tried 2K15 on PC and it was a shit show. 2K14 was one of the better games in years.

The gameplay has been sped up a little bit from 2k15 but it's generally playing on all the same concepts. I really liked 2k14 but prefer the slower style of 2k15/2k16. If you weren't a fan of 2k15, I am not sure there is anything here for you besides a larger roster and some returning create modes.

The big gripe is the limited reversals bar, which can be turned off in some modes. I actually prefer it as it forces me to use a bit of strategy.

I tend to be the contrarian on the series as I think 2k16 is a better game than stuff like HCTP but that is a very different opinion than most.

The big problems are glitches continue to be a factor though they rarely ever actually play into the outcome of a match. The game also lacks a true match creator for the second year in a row so you can't make a 2 out of 3 falls inferno match or anything of that sort. That takes away from the fun factor a great deal.

Besides the glitches, I would really like to see a complete overhaul of the online modes. As it stands now I could give two shits about playing these games online as they don't offer much of anything. It's 2016. I feel like we should have had a well-established E-Fed mode by now with complete stat tracking, GM options and much more. I love the roster and I like that create-a-match is back in but the game still ends up being stale after a couple of months due to the lack of quality competitive multiplayer.

MyCareer mode had me excited this year but after a few matches I still found it dull as fuck. It definitely needs an overhaul.

Universe needs match rating system ported over from MyCareer and the success/failure of superstars on a show's roster should depend on the quality of their matches, not their wins. Bringing over some of that stuff from MyCareer would do a lot of good.

2k17 should bring back custom music for entrances. MLB 16: The Show has found a way to import music into the game for their Sounds of the Show feature that pretty much works the same way it would in a WWE game. Hopefully 2k has a conversation with Sony regarding that. At least get it for the PS4 version. It's probably something that could be done on Xbox as well.

Top Bottom