• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Probably better than Rome. So that's a start to main event status

E;: couple of matches I can see already if TNA was bought.

Cena vs ECIII
Styles vs Roode
Storm as Wyatts next new member
But doubt it we see Gail Kim again.
That's not saying much, eh'? It would be awkward as hell for him though with what happened on his way out.

Fox318

NXT and Vince Russo killed TNA.

NXT have wrestling fans an easy alternative to WWE and Russo gave spike an excuse to dump them.

Ted Turner buys TNA
TKN8QI4.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why the vitriol?

I'll let you do the honors. :)

LOL no thanks, that thread is so negative. I found it funny, no vitriol here. Promise! I love you RBH.

NeoGAF Vince McMahon, take me to Take 2: A Resonance Cafe tomorrow for lunch. Thanks in advance.

What's this? I haven't heard of it.

Honestly, I checked out TNA a few weeks go and it wasn't horrible. Other than the announcing, of course. And the presentation. And Dixie. And the backstage segments. And Billy Corgan. But the wrestling wasn't all that bad, it's just surrounded by this WWE-lite garbage that's never going to change.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I checked out TNA a few weeks go and it wasn't horrible. Other than the announcing, of course. And the presentation. And Dixie. And the backstage segments. And Billy Corgan. But the wrestling wasn't all that bad, it's just surrounded by this WWE-lite garbage that's never going to change.

The wrestling's always going to be serviceable and somehow, it manages to amplify how bad TNA sucks. You actively have to try to make it worse to ruin a middling show, and they do. Every week.

Agreed. I kinda feel bad for the workers, who are clearly trying hard (for the most part) and want their work to be appreciated - it must be frustrating to find that so many fans treat TNA as an afterthought, or a running joke, but that's the legacy TNA has earned after years and years of mismanagement.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. I kinda feel bad for the workers, who are clearly trying hard (for the most part) and want their work to be appreciated - it must be frustrating to find that so many fans treat TNA as an afterthought, or a running joke, but that's the legacy TNA has earned after years and years of mismanagement.

They made their bed. You go to TNA for an easy payday, or had no other options when WWE cut you loose? Well, you get what you're getting paid for. It's exposure on some level.

Oh god, I forgot that I went to school with that girl that was in that Carny faction they had, her name was Rebel? What happened to her?

You make your bed and you lay in it

Zach

What's this? I haven't heard of it.
www.take2tulsa.com said:
TAKE 2: A RESONANCE CAFE provides more than just great food; it's an initiative by Resonance Center for Women to help women change for good.

Take 2 proudly serves fresh meals prepared by Tom Butcher (former owner of Impressions) and his staff -- Resonance clients working to make positive life changes and break a cycle synonymous with the criminal justice system.

If you're unfamiliar with Impressions, it was a delicious lunch spot that closed five or so years ago after the aforementioned owner was diagnosed with cancer. He's recovered and is making a glorious return. I already have a lackey (the Lodi of the office) planning on grabbing me a sweet, sweet club.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you're unfamiliar with Impressions, it was a delicious lunch spot that closed five or so years ago after the aforementioned owner was diagnosed with cancer. He's recovered and is making a glorious return. I already have a lackey (the Lodi of the office) planning on grabbing me a sweet, sweet club.

I'd love to go. Just not this week, I'm working nonstop. That sounds awesome, and I remember Impressions. Sounds awesome.

MG310

They made their bed. You go to TNA for an easy payday, or had no other options when WWE cut you loose? Well, you get what you're getting paid for. It's exposure on some level.

Oh god, I forgot that I went to school with that girl that was in that Carny faction they had, her name was Rebel? What happened to her?

She replaced Taryn Terrell (who was doing good work at the time) in The Dollhouse faction.

Zach

I'd love to go. Just not this week, I'm working nonstop. That sounds awesome, and I remember Impressions. Sounds awesome.

You should check it out when you can. You'll be dangerously close to your ol' friend Zach, though. Watch yourself or BANG! Diamond Cutter!

Diamond Cutters aside, I sure hope it's as delicious as its forerunner.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You should check it out when you can. You'll be dangerously close to your ol' friend Zach, though. Watch yourself or BANG! Diamond Cutter!

Diamond Cutters aside, I sure hope it's as delicious as its forerunner.

I seriously would like to go, and probably need to FB friend your bourgeoisie ass.

Zach

I seriously would like to go, and probably need to FB friend your bourgeoisie ass.

Does that mean Facebook? Because I do have a Facebook account that I check, like, once a month. It's as active as my Twitter (remember my Twitter?).

Anyway, you crossed me that one time, no-showing that ridiculous wrassle event I went to and I'll never forgive you. I am the CM Punk of this thread when it comes to grudges.

If I was Vince, I wouldn't even bother buying TNA, their library is not worth it.

WWE doesn't even acknowledge they exist anyways.

Kaladin

I still don't find the E&C show funny at all. It's just dry as fuck and if I do laugh it's because of someone else and not them.

Toki767

Couldn't they just pay him like Rock any time he wrestles?

So he's been making $1 million the past few years wrestling once or twice a year along with however much he makes on the front office side?

Kaladin

So he's been making $1 million the past few years wrestling once or twice a year along with however much he makes on the front office side?

Doesn't performance include more than wrestling though?

I'm assuming it includes all the promo stuff he's done with The Authority. If it does, he's one of the hardest working people on the roster.

Is a million a lot/highest in terms of wrestler contracts? Just curious. Sorry

Top Bottom